Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

New legendary ring proc

So it seems like the new proc is up on ptr

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...yRingProcs.jpg

Seems like its a mini bloodlust dmg raid buff now.

the buff and effect is pretty huge, so i guess it sucks not to be able to control it freely for yourself.

Any thoughts? Seems like its going to be used on CD, or delayed slightly for heavy burst phases.

the 20 yards for range is kind of meh, and they should get the SoO hunter cloak treatment where it does damage around your target, instead of always moving within 20 yards of the boss.
    Last edited by Slykz; 2015-04-16 at 07:27 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think the blast damage happens for all players, or it's one combined blast? Cause positioning likely isn't an issue(in a raid enviroment) if that's the case. The tanking and healing ones seem done, pretty much. DPS one might need some tweaking to account for ranged characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Do you think the blast damage happens for all players, or it's one combined blast? Cause positioning likely isn't an issue(in a raid enviroment) if that's the case. The tanking and healing ones seem done, pretty much. DPS one might need some tweaking to account for ranged characters.
    https://twitter.com/healiocentric/st...99224498581505

Ring summary:
    1 DPS uses it, all get buff
    AoE comes from player who clicked ring
    Each player will be credited their portion of its damage.
    would prefer if it was grp based rather than raid wide tbh

Why can't we just have personal effect instead of this tied to group bullshit?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    https://twitter.com/healiocentric/st...99224498581505

would prefer if it was grp based rather than raid wide tbh
    The effect is cool and unique, but its also kind of annoying with the raid wide buff + first player that clicks it. If he dies before the explosion, the whole raid loses like 10m dmg in total?

Would prefer if the ring was on a 1.5 or 3m cooldown aswell. nothing lines up with 2m
    Last edited by Slykz; 2015-04-16 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like the tank one, probably just won't use it /shrug
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slykz View Post
    The effect is cool and unique, but its also kind of annoying with the raid wide buff + first player that clicks it. If he dies before the explosion, the whole raid loses like 10m dmg in total?

Would prefer if the ring was on a 1.5 or 3m cooldown aswell. nothing lines up with 2m
    Avenging Wrath lines up perfectly with 2m, as do several trinkets.

edit: but I personally feel we should have a personal CD on the ring, as it stands right now the drama will be: 'but it's best for me to use now!, and now would be best for me!' at the different cd intervals,
    Last edited by Iphie; 2015-04-16 at 08:09 AM.

We can't just have an awesome personal buff that will help the team anyway, can we? Not some backwards idea about "Legendary everyone needs to have"?

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    edit: but I personally feel we should have a personal CD on the ring, as it stands right now the drama will be: 'but it's best for me to use now!, and now would be best for me!' at the different cd intervals,
    Exactly.
    There are still some classes that can't burst with everyone on pull because blizzard are stubborn/dumb/etc. Shadowpriests for example.
    And anyways the idea is beyond dumb. Somebody uses ring, raid gets buff, then that somebody accidentally dies before he gets explosion. Bam, no proc for you.
    Blizzard please, stop thinking with your asshole and start thinking with your head.

Not to mention that player character is the one and only wearer of the ring by lore.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Slykz View Post

"Nothing lines up with 2m" - wat?
    2 of the 3 hunter specs line their cooldown(s) up with 2 mins. MM has rapid fire on a 2 min CD, BM has BW on a 1 min CD. Likewise Stampede can freely be delayed for 1 minute in most cases to line up with the 6 minute use.

Warlocks' Dark soul is 2 minutes.
    Ret paladins Avenging is 2 minutes.
    Spriest has no cooldown to speak of.
    Rogue's Killing spree is 2 minutes (not sure what other cds they have).

And that's just a few examples.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    "Nothing lines up with 2m" - wat?
    2 of the 3 hunter specs line their cooldown(s) up with 2 mins. MM has rapid fire on a 2 min CD, BM has BW on a 1 min CD. Likewise Stampede can freely be delayed for 1 minute in most cases to line up with the 6 minute use.

Warlocks' Dark soul is 2 minutes.
    Ret paladins Avenging is 2 minutes.
    Spriest has no cooldown to speak of.
    Rogue's Killing spree is 2 minutes (not sure what other cds they have).

And that's just a few examples.
    Druid's Incarnation is 3 minutes.
    Shaman's Ascendance is 3 minutes.
    Arcane Mage's is 1.5 minutes.
    Frost Mage's is 3 minutes.
    And that's also just a few examples.

The ring would be much better for classes with cooldowns that line up with the ring, especially because classes with e.g. 3 minute cds won't be able to keep the ring proc for their cooldowns, (for example in a hypothetical fight of length 3:30).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something different, I like it. I worry that fearmongering over possible balance will see it reduced to a boring proc with no team element.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldonir View Post
    Druid's Incarnation is 3 minutes.
    Shaman's Ascendance is 3 minutes.
    Arcane Mage's is 1.5 minutes.
    Frost Mage's is 3 minutes.
    And that's also just a few examples.

The ring would be much better for classes with cooldowns that line up with the ring, especially because classes with e.g. 3 minute cds won't be able to keep the ring proc for their cooldowns, (for example in a hypothetical fight of length 3:30).
    Point was that Slykz said nothing lines up with 2m. Everything does, it just won't be every use, and plenty of specs has actual 2 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Don't like the tank one, probably just won't use it /shrug
    This. I might keep it in my bag just in case though.
    It will also leave my co-tank with a extra CD, which he can use whenever he wants. ^^

Khadgar has some explaining to do, he told me I was the chosen one, now everybody has a ring?!

While the concept of group abilities is interesting, I don't know if they should use a legendary for it. Individuality is kind of the point of those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi View Post
    In your scenario, you'd simply delay 2 minute cooldowns, pop everything at 3 minutes and watch as the boss falls over.
    It's stupid to delay a 2 minute cooldown 25% dps increase for 1 minute just to stack it with the 3 min CDs, but at the same time you're still punished compared to stacking ring with classes on 2 minute CD.

The design is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    It's stupid to delay a 2 minute cooldown 25% dps increase for 1 minute just to stack it with the 3 min CDs, but at the same time you're still punished compared to stacking ring with classes on 2 minute CD.

The design is just bad.
    In the scenario that guy gave, you wouldn't get another use of 2 minutes; Boss dies at 3:30, so might aswell save 2 mins for 3 minutes in, as you'll never get to 4 minutes :P It's clever, not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahei View Post
    It will also leave my co-tank with a extra CD, which he can use whenever he wants. ^^
    Read the "Use:" part on that ring again. All 3 type (tank,heal,dps) activates at once if someone use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    In the scenario that guy gave, you wouldn't get another use of 2 minutes; Boss dies at 3:30, so might aswell save 2 mins for 3 minutes in, as you'll never get to 4 minutes :P It's clever, not stupid.
    Lets say an average fight is 8 min long, CDs used with the ring marked with []:

3min classes: [Pull] - 3min - [6min]
    2min classes: [Pull] - [2min] - [4min] - [6min] - [8min]

Spot the game breaking difference.

What the hell is all the negativity about? Even in the other thread, I don't even ...

The shared cooldown is a deliberate constraint placed on the ring, it's designed to promote good plays and making good calls on when to use it as a raid cooldown. It's awesome, because it also implies also having to have at least 1 melee in raid or the tank would have the wear the ring in order not to force one of the ranged dps to stand in close range.

Some of you say that random people will use it.. to which my only response can be "don't play with bad players". I don't know, sometimes it seems like some of you have forgotten you are playing a team game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Read the "Use:" part on that ring again. All 3 type (tank,heal,dps) activates at once if someone use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets say an average fight is 8 min long, CDs used with the ring marked with []:

3min classes: [Pull] - 3min - [6min]
    2min classes: [Pull] - [2min] - [4min] - [6min] - [8min]

Spot the game breaking difference.

Not sure why you felt the need to point out the obvious. Feel free to read what I'm responding to before spewing random shit that is obvious to anyone. I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer it to be a personal cooldown, I'm just commenting on other people's statements (but then again, no one has an issue with the 2-minute on use trinkets we have this tier and call them "gamebreaking", despite their procs probably being close in power to what the ring would be).