Poll: What kind of lockout system do you prefer?

10+ Year Old Account

The lock-out system

My raid does 3 nights, 2 hours every week. We can clear 4 to 5 farm bosses and their trash on a regular night. We are currently allready spending 2 of our 3 nights clearing the bosses we killed before. That leaves 1 progression night. That's with 10 bosses, and we are allready struggeling to get enough time to leave meaningful progression time every week.

The only current choice we have every week, is to skip either ALL the bosses we killed the previous week or skip NONE of them. We still desperately need gear from several bosses, so every week we spend 1 night clearing bosses we have little need for just to get to the bosses we do need.

Now let's look ahead at Hellfire Citadel in patch 6.2. There's 13 bosses in there. There is no way on earth we will be able to have the time in our raiding schedule to do all those bosses and leave meaningful progression time. And yet the only choice we will have is still to either skip ALL of the bosses or NONE of them.

It seems to me that it's about time there was a change in the lock out system, a change where you can simply choose which bosses you killed the last week you want to skip and not have the current ALL or NOTHING choice.

TL;DR: The current "all bosses get skipped or none of the bosses get skipped" lockout system seems archaic to me. I'd like to see a lock out system that let's you choose which bosses you skip.

What's your opinion? What are the pros and cons to both systems? What would you rather see?

For immersion purposes, I enjoy some bosses being locked behind others.

Also, is the extending lock out function not suitable for you?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like having wings. It's more palatable to me to have one boss I need behind two others, instead of many more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't BRF non-linear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

You'll just have to move at a faster pace. For the most part, BRF is very much a place where you can pick and choose where to go. My guild can do usually 8-9/10 in one night and have two nights for progression. I do like raids where you can choose where to go other then the final boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Also, is the extending lock out function not suitable for you?
    Extending the lock out is exactly what I'm not happy about. It gives you the choice to skip all the bosses you killed previous week, or none.

In general about the argument that BRF has wings: Trouble is we need Kromog, but not Hans & Franz, we need Thogar but not Darmac.

We could in theory skip the whole wing and concentrate on another wing, but that is little better then using the lock out to skip all the bosses. We'd still get no loot from certain bosses we still need stuff from.

Why do we HAVE to choose between either skipping everything we killed the past week or none of the bosses we killed the last week? Why can't we skip the 3 bosses we've had on farm for 10 weeks and only do the boss behind them that we've only killed 2 times? What is against that? Is that not a better way, especially with these enormous 13 boss raids?

I'm going to assume you're not raiding mythic, so yeah, just bring an alt to the boss you want to be saved and extend from that alt the next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    mine does 3 hours for 2 nights a week and we're jus now getting to the point of clearing 10 in one night. and finally started mythic progress.

only one person needs to extend, just choose someone who doesn't need gear to extend.

But at this point you shouldn't really need gear off those farm bosses anymore, and you should really be looking into what is holding back in progression if it takes you two hours to clear just 4 to 5 bosses that first night.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish i could do mythic cross realm. Being locked to my server is a real problem.
    Hi

Deleted
    I don't understand. What are you not happy about. BRF is almost completely open, this thread is a year too late

Deleted
    Don't take so long to clear the bosses? Most guilds I know can clear 8+ in one night, leaving the rest of their time free for progression. As you get more gear this will become less of an issue

I find that the current system is alright, and with the quest available to get you straight to Blackhand it really doesn't matter what lockouts you save or don't save.

I do like raids where you can choose where to go other then the final boss.
    Last edited by uihsongshi; 2015-04-20 at 07:47 AM.