Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is WoD still an issue? or why is it being drawn out?

The portal is destroyed.
    Thrall kills Garrosh...

Why are we still here? why is this expansion still limping on?

Ignore alternate universes and time travel. our job is done. We destroyed the portal and kill Garrosh. We can smash our own portal behind us and cut them off?

Gul'dan and the Legion is happening in an alternate universe in the past, if they haven't been a threat to us before, they won't be now. They would of already been so by now. Our universe is 30 odd years ahead of theirs, yet they haven't done so (if we use Garrosh's magic crystal as a guide).

I know ignorance is bliss and I know I am really obtuse, but we have already defended and secured our own realities safety. Why linger?

Deleted
    Damn, i'd quite like you for my faction leader.

Likely because them rebuilding it with legion help would be that much worse I suppose.

In other news, what portal do we have? Destroying the portal, storywise, stranded us there AFAIK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Likely because them rebuilding it with legion help would be that much worse I suppose.

In other news, what portal do we have? Destroying the portal, storywise, stranded us there AFAIK.
    Khadgar opened a ickle one for us to get reinforcements, and Ashran have a few scattered about.

Even with ;egion help, we still have a heads up and we are far more prepared than AU azeroth and Dreanor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Just because one portal was destroyed doesn't mean they can't create another? Give the Legion 30 years to cement their power before they open that portal and shit is really going to get messed up. But the main thing to remember is, lore isn't the #1 thing Blizzard worries about with WoW. That's pretty far down the list actually.
    So the legion say get 30 years... but we as the main universe are well prepared.. look what we have dealt with compared to the AU

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drachman View Post
    Damn, i'd quite like you for my faction leader.
    I don't see the reason to linger and cause more losses when we ourselves in the main universe are secure

Because "just leaving" would seem very anti-climactic (inb4 some neckbeard says "this whole xpac is anti-climactic hurrdurr")
    But lettuce be cereal for a moment, if spotlight lore characters and faction leaders made smart, logical decisions, there would be less of a World of Warcraft to write about than there is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do movies end the way they do?

because the story says so.

Don't try to find rational reasons everywhere, just go with the flow.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Khadgar opened a ickle one for us to get reinforcements, and Ashran have a few scattered about.

Even with ;egion help, we still have a heads up and we are far more prepared than AU azeroth and Dreanor

True. IIRC, even though the Draenor we're in now is a version of what happened 30 years ago, it doesn't give us a 30 year head start if we were to simply leave without stopping the impending threat. Hope that makes sense. Or to look at it another way, them crossing over to us puts them 30 years ahead of where they are now.

So this is sort of a time travel story in the sense that we're re-living a version of events that already occurred, but it's not like it needs to end the same exact way and wind up like TBC Outland did. The threat we're trying to stop is effectively real time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they haven't finished the next expansion.

There is no good reason at all.

Even if Gul'Dan knew how to create a Dark Portal capable of traversing time, he wouldn't want to come to OUR Azeroth. If we wrecked so much hawok with only a small army, imagine what we'd do to Draenor with a full armada of Horde and Alliance.

The Iron Horde is decimated, they don't have the power to take over even 20 years ago Azeroth.

Either way, Gul'Dan is not capable of powering a Dark Portal by himself, he needs Medivh's help, or some greater power's help, on our Azeroth. And if he did somehow make it through, we'd push him back, just as we pushed back their initial advance through the portal in the pre-event.

Just more shit lore.

That is actually not true. As you can See Khadgar for example can open portals all alone. I even wrote a blog post about exact this topic:
    http://www.daysuntold.com/wow-altern...s-and-portals/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Why are we still here? why is this expansion still limping on?
    It was only released 5 months ago. How is "limping on?"

Garrosh is dead but the Iron Horde is still there. They've brought technology beyond that of the orcs and draenei that currently inhabit Draenor. They need to be stopped, but it's not something that just happens in one day, and killing Garrosh isn't killing the Iron Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Because they haven't finished the next expansion.
    Most accurate response I can think of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's funny how people claim that this expansion would be dragging on when it's only 5 months old and still has 17-19 to go, according to the average length of expansions.

MoP: 26, WoTLK: 25, Cata: 21, BC: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's funny how people claim that this expansion would be dragging on when it's only 5 months old and still has 17-19 to go, according to the average length of expansions.

MoP: 26, WoTLK: 25, Cata: 21, BC: 22
    I don't think he's referring to how long the expansion is. He's referring to the storyline. If we've eliminated the threat to our universe, why are we hanging around? If this alternate universe is still a threat to us, then are there an infinite number of other alternate universes that we have to go and clean up too? Where does it end.

I kind of agree. I'm not sure why we're worried about what happens in this alternate universe anymore. Our universe has enough problems that we should be going back to take care of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you're refering to the storyline, otherwise this thread makes no sense. Anyway this is why the expansion isn't done:

Also implaying that Gul'dan wouldn't be a threat is nothing short of hilarious. This guy caused damage even after he died. Alternate Legion making a stand is why it's not over. It's not complicated, I don't really care if you like it or not.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2015-04-21 at 04:18 PM.

Just to clear up a misconception that's in this thread: AU Draenor (where we are now) is not 30 years in the past. When Garrosh escaped with the help of Kairoz they traveled back 30 years. Then spent that 30 years rallying the Orc clans together and forming the Iron Horde. When they connect the Dark Portals and come into our Azeroth to us it's like Garrosh has been whisked away for a day or so, but for him it's been 30 years of planning and building up in AU Draenor. All of the 'timey whimy whibbly whoobly stuff' was taken care of just in Garrosh escaping to AU Draenor. Time travel as it were is no longer part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    All of the 'timey whimy whibbly whoobly stuff'
    Thank you for this. <3

OT: Who knows if they'd be able to find a way back through? They've got the Burning Legion on the way, they might have some way of punching the hole back open.

Also, it's the right thing to do, helping out those that are still good and those that can still be helped/saved.

10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh is dead but the Iron Horde is still there. They've brought technology beyond that of the orcs and draenei that currently inhabit Draenor. They need to be stopped, but it's not something that just happens in one day, and killing Garrosh isn't killing the Iron Horde.
    You missed OP's point.. why do they need to be stopped? Why do WE have to do the stopping? We only went there because they send Iron Horde troops to our world and that threat seems to be over and done with. So... why stay? If it's to help that Draenor, well, that's a nice sentiment, but then do we go help all the other realities? AU Azeroth? Where does that end?

Of course, the problem is that we're there because this is the way Blizzard wrote the story... and that's really the problem. The story they wrote isn't paced well. If it was, we'd be presented with ongoing motivations that clearly require us to stay there, e.g. much of the Iron Horde being intact, the threat of a new portal to our Azeroth being built, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I'm guessing you're refering to the storyline, otherwise this thread makes no sense. Anyway this is why the expansion isn't done:

Also implaying that Gul'dan wouldn't be a threat is nothing short of hilarious. This guy caused damage even after he died. Alternate Legion making a stand is why it's not over. It's not complicated, I don't really care if you like it or not.

But why is he a threat to US? To our Azeroth? Or are we going to police all possible realities now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post

So do we have to go to every alternate universe to stop Gul'dan in each of them? That's going to take a while...

10+ Year Old Account
    it really doesn't feel like 5 months, but yeah, now i think about it. the dates check out.

I think it probably feels longer because highmaul felt like its own mini tier.
    Hi