Poll: What is the smallest group size you will cast PoH on?

What is the smallest group size you will cast PoH on?

Title pretty much. This question is mostly for holy priests as disc only really uses it with AA and of course you'd want that to go to a group of 5.

Deleted
    I dont even click ready unless the leader changes all groups to have 5 players in it. No matter if im disc or holy, its just retarded to make groups smaller then 5 if you have the people for it.

Deleted
    I think OP means, how many you'll hit, despite being 5 people in a group, you might not be able to hit all 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    I dont even click ready unless the leader changes all groups to have 5 players in it. No matter if im disc or holy, its just retarded to make groups smaller then 5 if you have the people for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    I think OP means, how many you'll hit, despite being 5 people in a group, you might not be able to hit all 5.
    Even though I'd stick with shinbout's answer. Would request Assist to build at least 2 Groups that are most likely always sticking together (melee/range) and have equal incoming damage (due to class defensive mechanics)

also: Hunter group 8
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-04-19 at 10:13 AM.

How about an option of I don't cast it period. I've found that PoH is just to expensive, to slow, and the group mechanic makes it too cumbersome to use.

Oh and if I started moving groups around or demanding that everyone is in a full group before the pull I'd probably have to find a new raid team (or go back to raid leading my own team) as my raid leader would bring in a different healer that could work around how he builds the raid than to accommodate one spell from one healer even if that healer is one of the best he's got.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiblue View Post
    How about an option of I don't cast it period. I've found that PoH is just to expensive, to slow, and the group mechanic makes it too cumbersome to use.

Oh and if I started moving groups around or demanding that everyone is in a full group before the pull I'd probably have to find a new raid team (or go back to raid leading my own team) as my raid leader would bring in a different healer that could work around how he builds the raid than to accommodate one spell from one healer even if that healer is one of the best he's got.
    that's not the point of the poll.

your raid leader sounds incredibly unreasonable. having groups of 4 reduces the effectiveness of PoH by 20%. it's a very strong aoe healing spell - it's only a waste of mana and time if you're using it incorrectly.

I try to aim for 4 at least, but if Serendipity's gonna go out I'll settle for 3. Otherwise I drop it on Heal.

Let's play 'find the conflicting statements'. Playing holy without casting PoH is like playing disc and not casting Penance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted

You might as well leave that raid group voluntarily then.

Oh looks like I stirred up a hornets nest with that one. Didn't realize that following the recommendations of MMO-C Holy guide on AoE healing was the wrong way to do things.
    AOE damage: In blue chakra, I would use circle of healing on cooldown. Other than that, I would play renew whack-a-mole with your raid and use your 90 talent when enough of the raid can make use of its healing. If there is ensured damage on the entire raid, hard casting Prayer of Mending is also viable. the BRF 2/4 piece is bound to change the priority PoM has in our toolkit.
    So either this is wrong or outdated, don't know which but I've found the above quote to work quite well for me so I keep doing it. So unless someone can explain where PoH fits into this, well, just someone explain why they don't agree with this.

BTW Thirteen, get your spells right. It should be Holy not casting CoH is like a Disc not casting Penance.

Oh looks like I stirred up a hornets nest with that one. Didn't realize that following the recommendations of MMO-C Holy guide on AoE healing was the wrong way to do things.

So either this is wrong or outdated, don't know which but I've found the above quote to work quite well for me so I keep doing it. So unless someone can explain where PoH fits into this, well, just someone explain why they don't agree with this.

BTW Thirteen, get your spells right. It should be Holy not casting CoH is like a Disc not casting Penance.
    Renew spam is more appropriate at low levels of regen. Once I got two BRF spirit trinkets, I was able to use prayer of healing regularly. When damage becomes more consistent and severe in higher difficulties, renew just doesn't cut it.

Honestly, nothing against the author, but I don't think that guide should've been stickied at all.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell it's hard to find a real parity, to be honest. If anything Penance is probably the most similar to Holy Word, but you got the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    You might as well leave that raid group voluntarily then.
    Agreed...raid frames are there for healers period. No one else cares about them, and if your raid group/leader won't change groups to benefit their healers then you have a bigger issue at hand.

Oh and I don't cast POH unless I hit 4...better off casting two PWS if its going to hit 3 or less.