Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I must confess, it has always bothered my that trolls have no facial hair..

Deleted
    It's especially egregious because Vol'jin has a beard...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    An entire race with 1 guy having a beard. Maybe it's a power thing? He who is worthy shall have the Beard of Power!

Love the work you've put in, by the way. Keep it up!

Deleted
    I admire your determination. And those hairstyle designs are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltos View Post
    An entire race with 1 guy having a beard. Maybe it's a power thing? He who is worthy shall have the Beard of Power!

I think the same could be said about Thrall's eyebrows.

edit:

And matching footprints in sand/snow would be a cool addition as well

Last edited by Kryptas; 2015-07-14 at 07:48 PM.

Or sheer dev laziness, tbh. Even if the eye glow were indeed just an effect of Lei Shen's influence, I don't think they would bother making a Zandalari model without glowing eyes just for this picture.

What bothers me about the 5.2 Zandalari is that if they are supposed to be the definite they-always-were-that-way model, why didn't Blizzard replace their old models with the new ones in Zul'drak, like they did with all male Forest Trolls and Frostmane tribe when they came up with the bulky Troll model ? And I don't want to bring up Z'tenga the Walker again because I probably shouldn't be thinking too hard about Saberstalker "lore", but... man, Z'tenga the Walker though.
    Ye I also think it's more dev lazyness. And Zulky I don't think glowing eyes look more scary than normal eyes with visible irises that are actually giving you death stare. I think it would be far more tiering to look into flashlights than remotely scary.

Staying on-topic : now that I think of it, the new animations that bother people the most (bouncy run, spell casting, walking, idle) are because the art team wanted to make the models way too "dynamic" looking. Like, SUPER BOUNCY RUN!, OOF THIS SHADOWBOLT WAS SO HARD TO CAST LOOK AT THAT FUCKING RECOIL IT'S LIKE SHOOTING A BAZOOKA!, DOES SWINGING MY ARMS SIDE TO SIDE MAKE MY WALK MORE EFFICIENT? and the idle stance is just uh... why is he swaying so much ? Drunk ?
    I like the bouncy run, but for the others I liked the older, more "boring" version better...
    Pretty much, I really do adore running animation, it has now proper weight and I think it's one of the most enjoyable running animations I experienced, because it's not over the top and yet it's just fun looking. But the rest? I think they overdid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    I admire your determination. And those hairstyle designs are really good.
    Thanks a lot guys, each support is gratly appreciated. But I'll keep providing some new things, like warpaint for female, so thread will be updated more and more in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptas View Post

Nononono you don't get it. It was intended. This is how trolls trick other people, they leave behind false trace! Let others chase humans/ dwarves/ elves, while trolls will stay in the shadows >: D

and boy troll females look cute and good from each angle.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Or sheer dev laziness, tbh. Even if the eye glow were indeed just an effect of Lei Shen's influence, I don't think they would bother making a Zandalari model without glowing eyes just for this picture.
    What bothers me about the 5.2 Zandalari is that if they are supposed to be the definite they-always-were-that-way model, why didn't Blizzard replace their old models with the new ones in Zul'drak, like they did with all male Forest Trolls and Frostmane tribe when they came up with the bulky Troll model ? And I don't want to bring up Z'tenga the Walker again because I probably shouldn't be thinking too hard about Saberstalker "lore", but... man, Z'tenga the Walker though.

Also, I think my main issue with that model is the lack of diversity. I'm sorry, but that Al'tabim is not my Al'tabim, where's the blonde hair and turban ? Oh hon you look so boring and drab now

- - - Updated - - -

Staying on-topic : now that I think of it, the new animations that bother people the most (bouncy run, spell casting, walking, idle) are because the art team wanted to make the models way too "dynamic" looking. Like, SUPER BOUNCY RUN!, OOF THIS SHADOWBOLT WAS SO HARD TO CAST LOOK AT THAT FUCKING RECOIL IT'S LIKE SHOOTING A BAZOOKA!, DOES SWINGING MY ARMS SIDE TO SIDE MAKE MY WALK MORE EFFICIENT? and the idle stance is just uh... why is he swaying so much ? Drunk ?
    I like the bouncy run, but for the others I liked the older, more "boring" version better...
    Lol... just lol... you never fail to entertain me... all the while bringing up poignant points... I have to say I'm not really a fan of those animation changes, true, I can adapt to them somewhat a bit but I would prefer if they weren't changed so much for the sake of making it different even though there wasn't really much need for it.

My problem is much more with the fundamental model, but I've gone over that a thousand times.

As for the picture in question with the Zandalari back in ancient times... That was drawn, it's art, no usage of models, so I don't think it was a question of laziness in that regard... The artpiece looks gorgeous though, just so it's said, as far as memory serves... I'm currently on a 15-hour layover at Heathrow before resuming my trip over the atlantic, so please forgive any iffiness in this post.

And I agree, I wish Al'tabim had been spared the Zandalari villain ball.

And even then there was facial hair in the art long before Vol'jin got his unique model.... With Rokhan in WC3, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptas View Post

As far as I know I think this is an issue with several races, even cloven or pawed races... but I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Ye I also think it's more dev lazyness. And Zulky I don't think glowing eyes look more scary than normal eyes with visible irises that are actually giving you death stare. I think it would be far more tiering to look into flashlights than remotely scary.
    Like I said above, it's not art using in-game graphical assets.. If it was lazy to not make any distinction in terms of the Zandalari, mayhaps, or the artist was simply ignorant... but I just feel I want to emphasize credit where credit is due, because the artpiece is pretty lovely and well-made.

as for the debate about wether or not glowing eyes are scary I think it might be in the thread's best interest to just agree to disagree.

Nononono you don't get it. It was intended. This is how trolls trick other people, they leave behind false trace! Let others chase humans/ dwarves/ elves, while trolls will stay in the shadows >: D

and boy troll females look cute and good from each angle.
    yeah we'll go with that... and try and get some more humour and optimism into this thread... positive feedback is in place as well. As I said before, I still think their faces were terrifically realized at the very least. Trolls of both genders were likely amongst those that got the best treatment in that regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    Like I said above, it's not art using in-game graphical assets.. If it was lazy to not make any distinction in terms of the Zandalari, mayhaps, or the artist was simply ignorant... but I just feel I want to emphasize credit where credit is due, because the artpiece is pretty lovely and well-made.
    Oops ! Sorry, I really did think it was some in-game promo picture. But I looked for it on Google and now I've got it. It's great art, but indeed the troll is wearing that one Zandalari headpiece which does always have glowing eyes, so I don't think any conclusion can be made here. It also brings up the question of the artist, yeah, he's great (probably this guy ?), but he may not be as concerned with troll issues as we are. :P

And I agree, troll faces overall look good, very expressive. I'm sad that the males' face #1 isn't as youthful/fun anymore though, and the eye color needs to be addressed. But, as I've said, I've had a lot of fun with the selfie camera on my trolls, other races are kind of boring in comparison.
    Last edited by mmoc28280ad8ec; 2015-07-15 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    This is getting off-topic...
    I wouldn't be too concerned with that. Honestly, the thread can be considered a bit "out of date" in a sense and everything posted here is a useful bump for keeping it high in the section and visible beyond the scope of the 6.2.

I'm having a hard time not being compelled, anyhow: allegedly the warcraft chronicles book(s) will address this according to a dev on twitter who I asked about this... I forget his name, and my internet is too crappy for me to bother looking atm, too much of a strain on my blood pressure, but he's a lore guy, wrote some of their short stories.
    Micky Neilson maybe?

Well, it depends... It'd seem that most Zandalari are to some extent stronger than most other trolls, not sure if it's to the level of ice and dark trolls or not but they are at the same height as those two sub-races. However, non-zandalari trolls tend to have more natural weaponry; sporting claws, possessing fangs and otherwise their tusks tend to be angled better for offensive usage... Which is probably partly due to what you're describing, leading more savage lifestyles.
    Zandalari look physically strong as much as Ice and Forest Trolls but with a straight a more harmonic build, this seems to put them above anyone else in terms of mere physical prowess.Besides the biology, they also have the advantage to have a greater control on their impulses, there's a lot of strict and unforgiving discipline within Zandalari's society, a kind of rigorous discipline that kinda lacked within the rest of other Troll tribes.

This said, the so-called "lesser Trolls" have the advantage of being more habit to endure hardship, face strife and death even on a daily basis, factors that can make them strong, smart and mentally/spiritually resilient, to the point of raise the potential of certain gifted individuals to unthinkable levels. Needless to say "biology" hardly means anything at that point.

there are some Zandalari trolls on thunder isle with lightning streaks/patterns over their bodies so...
    So the eyeglow in that picture could be attributed to enchanted headwear.
    That's the point however, some have the power of Lei Shen infused on them but all have the glowing eyes.

And really:

(I ask forgiveness for the gigantic seize but hope is worth it)

There's basically every conceived Zandalari model shown in-game, the most standard at least (not unique or boss models) from those in full armor to those with just some bit of gear and nothing else. And, actually, none of them is "powered" by Lei Shen, not even the last one on the bottom right, the impression is barely given but because is full-geared from the head to the feet. And he, the one with the mask, has his eyes glowing differently because of the mask in question, but all of them have glowing eyes as a basis. I mean, we can blame it all we want to lazyness, but giving normal eyes with irides to any Zandalari not wearing a mask wasn't really going to be a big deal in the slightest.

We have also King Rastakhan himself having SUPER glowing eyes without any headwear at all:

I'm very sure they're simply that way.

And Zulky I don't think glowing eyes look more scary than normal eyes with visible irises that are actually giving you death stare. I think it would be far more tiering to look into flashlights than remotely scary.
    Except those eyes can also express other emotions, like fear, doubt, uncertainty.

There's nothing you can catch from those eyes. The impossibility to distinguish any emotion from those eyes is what make them intimidating, especially when we know of which kind of people we're talking about.

Anyway, as Oggudrai suggested, better agree to disagree
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Still one of the most ugliest next to orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Ever heard that beauty is in the eye of beholder?

Actually orcs are vry good looking, both genders. With trolls only female is top notch, male on the other hand at least has face done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I wouldn't be too concerned with that. Honestly, the thread can be considered a bit "out of date" in a sense and everything posted here is a useful bump for keeping it high in the section and visible beyond the scope of the 6.2.
    Ye this is also somehow model and troll related and can be treated as a side notes for interested people.

Zandalari look physically strong as much as Ice and Forest Trolls but with a straight a more harmonic build, this seems to put them above anyone else in terms of mere physical prowess.Besides the biology, they also have the advantage to have a greater control on their impulses, there's a lot of strict and unforgiving discipline within Zandalari's society, a kind of rigorous discipline that kinda lacked within the rest of other Troll tribes.
    Aren't they loveable?

This said, the so-called "lesser Trolls" have the advantage of being more habit to endure hardship, face strife and death even on a daily basis, factors that can make them strong, smart and mentally/spiritually resilient, to the point of raise the potential of certain gifted individuals to unthinkable levels. Needless to say "biology" hardly means anything at that point.
    Yep, in the end each troll race has certain advantages and disadvantages.

That's the point however, some have the power of Lei Shen infused on them but all have the glowing eyes.
    Maybe they simply didn't bother to give them unique eyes, slapped them with copy paste model and call it a day?

And really:

http://handclaw.rampagingpolygons.com/WoW/Zandalari.jpg
    There's basically every conceived Zandalari model shown in-game, the most standard at least (not unique or boss models) from those in full armor to those with just some bit of gear and nothing else. And, actually, none of them is "powered" by Lei Shen, not even the last one on the bottom right, the impression is barely given but because is full-geared from the head to the feet. And he, the one with the mask, has his eyes glowing differently because of the mask in question, but all of them have glowing eyes as a basis. I mean, we can blame it all we want to lazyness, but giving normal eyes with irides to any Zandalari not wearing a mask wasn't really going to be a big deal in the slightest.

We have also King Rastakhan himself having SUPER glowing eyes without any headwear at all:

http://ruf-der-zanchuli.nonap.de/sit...hezeiung01.jpg.
    Ye I saw it all, with Rastakhan (I never liked his name) you can se he is actually wearing some sort of crown, and with glowing eyes I guess it's becuase he is somehow Loa Infused. Wasn't he living for like 200 yars at least? While generic troll lifespan is reaching max 70 years or so.

I'm very sure they're simply that way.
    I still refuse to take it as granted. They'd look so much better with normal eyes, you'd be able to see intelligence, arrogance and so on more prominently. Besides devs constantly forget about adding important details or simply make a rush with things.

Except those eyes can also express other emotions, like fear, doubt, uncertainty.

There's nothing you can catch from those eyes. The impossibility to distinguish any emotion from those eyes is what make them intimidating, especially when we know of which kind of people we're talking about.
    You're forgetting about facial expressions dear:
    http://www.icyvpn.com/upload/7/ae/7ae1a4ac28ccc1c5.jpg
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/402650.jpg

Regular eyes would still be much beter in delivering proper emotions. And make the character less souless.
    But ye I don't deny I'm biased against glowing eyes, I think they look stupid and they don't fit trolls at all. I always tied it with alien/ tians/ elves/ undeads. Trolls were meant to embrace all what is natural in the world, glowing eyes were usually indication of being tied to super magical powers.

Anyway, as Oggudrai suggested, better agree to disagree
    For now I'll just ignore it, but I am tempted to make edit with Zandalari skin where they would have normal eyes. And Zulkhan! You still got to approve the backgrounds I sent you! >:/
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-07-16 at 06:21 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    You know what's uglier than orcs and trolls? Your grammar. (lolz)

With trolls only female is top notch, male on the other hand at least has face done right.
    Yeah, I'm still of the idea they could have done a better job with the male. There are certain things that I didn't get over yet. Hell, I actually think Darkspear Trolls were depicted way better in WC3 than WoW, honestly, but that's another story for another day.

Aren't they loveable?
    Depends from the perspective xD

Maybe they simply didn't bother to give them unique eyes, slapped them with copy paste model and call it a day?
    Unlikely, since there are far more Zandalari with no Lei Shen influence than those with it. I mean, all the models I posted here are absolutely natural and all have glowing eyes. Those infused with lighting are the rare exceptions.

Ye I saw it all, with Rastakhan (I never liked his name)
    I never did too, it's a too obvious reference to the "Rasta" aspect of Troll culture, slapping then to it the Mongolian word for "King" (Khan) with Blizzard likely saying "well damn, that's kinda work and looks cool! *thumb up*"

you can see he is actually wearing some sort of crown
    It doesn't seem so to me:

and with glowing eyes I guess it's becuase he is somehow Loa Infused. Wasn't he living for like 200 yars at least? While generic troll lifespan is reaching max 70 years or so.
    At most that would explain why he has two freaking lights put on his sockets instead of simple glowing eyes.

You're forgetting about facial expressions dear:
    That's because Draenei are a bunch of soft guys with the Holy Light all over their heads, and Yrel specifically is a barbie-girl with tail and horns. Attitude is important too, and the Zandalari are definitely the best to enlighten the effect of those eyes, since while faking a facial expression is relatively easy, fake what your eyes communicate is pretty hard, if not impossible.

Regular eyes would still be much beter in delivering proper emotions.
    But they don't have to, nor they likely want. Showing emotions is like showing weakness for someone used to never show them in the first place. That's just another reason why they deem themselves "superior" to other Trolls. Again, those eyes do nothing but enlighten their fundamental characteristics. They're supposed to be Trolls, but not any kind of Troll.

Trolls were meant to embrace all what is natural in the world, glowing eyes were usually indication of being tied to super magical powers.
    Zandalari have no boundaries, they value knowledge with no limits and are very adopted in using the very magical powers elves are famous for. They've never been some shamanistic/druidic kind of society.

And Zulkhan! You still got to approve the backgrounds I sent you! >:/
    Done! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I can agree with all of this

Deleted
    Really conclusive thread, I love it

Anyone else getting beyond sick and tired of being totally neglected now that there's frankly no excuse to not finish up these models when Warlords of Draenor is allegedly in its last content-patch?

le bump.

Deleted
    I hope to god they really ARE working on the models and listening to feedback. Some of them are so blatantly unfinished...

I'm hoping for a mini patch at least, like they did for flying. By the way, I don't suppose this flying patch contains any model tweaks, or I guess we would have heard about them by now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else getting beyond sick and tired of being totally neglected now that there's frankly no excuse to not finish up these models when Warlords of Draenor is allegedly in its last content-patch?

le bump.
    Been sick and tired of it ever since beta. They really messed up some of the models and have yet to address it at all for them. Completely changed the facial structure of female tauren and night elf, and no response whatsoever. But female humans have had their faces changed no less than three times.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    I hope to god they really ARE working on the models and listening to feedback. Some of them are so blatantly unfinished...

I'm hoping for a mini patch at least, like they did for flying. By the way, I don't suppose this flying patch contains any model tweaks, or I guess we would have heard about them by now...
    I would stop hoping. They will probably post some paraintellectual nonsense long comment about necessities, difficulties and hunger in Africa in relation to taxi drivers in Japan. They shouldn't wait for patches just to highlight things, what they should do is release update after its done. Male trolls and nelves are awaiting their textures. Hopefully some waist-face fix for male nelves to make them look at least decent. But then, hope doesn't work for Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Been sick and tired of it ever since beta. They really messed up some of the models and have yet to address it at all for them. Completely changed the facial structure of female tauren and night elf, and no response whatsoever. But female humans have had their faces changed no less than three times.
    Which is something that's quite frankly getting somewhat agitating... That's not to say that the female humans don't deserve to not look closer to their original incarnation but when there's just some models plain unfinished as opposed to very well along but dissimmilar and you leave the FORMER not just plain unattended but also unspoken of it's just... bad.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-07-25 at 02:04 AM.

Which is something that's quite frankly getting somewhat agitating... That's not to say that the female humans don't deserve to not look closer to their original incarnation but when there's just some models plain unfinished as opposed to very well along but dissimmilar and you leave the FORMER not just plain unattended but also unspoken of it's just... bad.
    It's good for them, but my wild guess is that on female human someone else was working than on troll and nelf male. For example Nelf male was doing same eprson that did draenei male, and troll made did the same person who did dwarf male.

Both dwarf and draenei are terrific in quality. And troll and nelf look not very impressive in compare. I have no idea what is stopping them from finishing the models now. It's not like anytime soon new content will be added.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-07-25 at 10:23 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria