Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    You are right that it doesnt make you a pro player, but on Kazzak EU for example you can purchase a full 10/10 heroic BRF run with all MS gear that drops for only 150k which is slighly more than 60€ atm. You get nice gear, achievements (so that you can start pugging or join a raiding guild), get to experience the content how its meant to be. For me this is a way of winning. And of course at the end of the expansion the same thing is going to happen with mythic mode and challenge modes, so those who say pay2win might be somewhat right even if its not direct.
    IMHO pay2win implies forking out real cash for something ingame.

Buying runs / loots with IN GAME gold might be "buying your way" in content that you wouldn't otherwise see but it's not as bad as giving real money for some pixels.

Buying runs has always been a thing

The only thing is before the token, someone would have paid the 150k gold (which could take a while to farm), now (based on current rate) he could spend aprox 60€ and p2w with "no effort".

The definition of P2W varies greatly depending on the game. AFAIK you can't "buy" your way to victory in WoW. Having 10/10MM and full max lvl items doesn't make you anybetter than the guy who "worked" through the content. It wont help you win arena games either.

Loot > skill to some extent in WoW, but in a pvp environement where everyone has the same stuff (give or take a few) loot means nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard claimed you can purchase these with gold without needing an active account. Can someone share how?

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Blizzard claimed you can purchase these with gold without needing an active account. Can someone share how?
    An inactive account now counts as a starter edition (meaning you can only play to level 20. characters above 20 cannot be logged in on).
    You will be able to buy a Token from the Character Select screen if you have enough money and that will re-active your account.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    An inactive account now counts as a starter edition (meaning you can only play to level 20. characters above 20 cannot be logged in on).
    You will be able to buy a Token from the Character Select screen if you have enough money and that will re-active your account.
    Got it, brilliant, cheers.

I was really relying on these tokens being around US's token price.... They went down to 20k~ on their first day and we've risen to over 42k? Is it some sort of bug on the EU side maybe?

Deleted
    Hey guys, if i want to buy token for gold from the character selection screen, doesn't it takes the gold from multiple characters ???? I have more than 90k on ragnaros, but if i try to buy a token, it tells me i don't have enough gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nezarn View Post
    Hey guys, if i want to buy token for gold from the character selection screen, doesn't it takes the gold from multiple characters ???? I have more than 90k on ragnaros, but if i try to buy a token, it tells me i don't have enough gold
    The system is a wee bit buggy when you buy from character select it seems.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

In some respects, money + time = happiness. In US, people tend to work longer hours and have more money, but less time, and are generally willing to spend their money more for happiness. While in EU, people like to save up more and make the most of their time for happiness. This, along with the higher sub cost in EU, means prices are higher.

Despite EU people having less money than US people, the sub cost is higher since Wow is not premium entertainment. You can get a lot of value of your cash if you play WoW a lot, compared to a lot of middle upper class US people who spend a lot of money on vacations, and other consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    In some respects, money + time = happiness. In US, people tend to work longer hours and have more money, but less time, and are generally willing to spend their money more for happiness. While in EU, people like to save up more and make the most of their time for happiness. This, along with the higher sub cost in EU, means prices are higher.

Despite EU people having less money than US people, the sub cost is higher since Wow is not premium entertainment. You can get a lot of value of your cash if you play WoW a lot, compared to a lot of middle upper class US people who spend a lot of money on vacations, and other consumables.
    Don't know how employers are in regards to paying overtime, but I know that in France working overtime is rarely paid
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Don't know how employers are in regards to paying overtime, but I know that in France working overtime is rarely paid
    In Canada, everything above 37.5h is paid 1.5x, well at least in Québec. 2x if it's a holiday.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch