FE normally doesn't get that much coverage before releases. They don't like to spoil much beforehand. Probably a big spot in the next direct, a launch trailer a few months later and then just releasing the game.

It's Q2 2019 ain't it? So it's gonna be a summer release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    FE normally doesn't get that much coverage before releases. They don't like to spoil much beforehand. Probably a big spot in the next direct, a launch trailer a few months later and then just releasing the game.

It's Q2 2019 ain't it? So it's gonna be a summer release.
    Spring actually. It was what was announced at E3 and Nintendo's most recent earnings report back at the end of October still says the same thing.

A lot of people, myself included, are expecting a further delay, but only until June, which would still technically be Spring.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/statu...83981948321793

In their New Years letter in Famitsu, GameFreak stated they want to surprise players in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    In their New Years letter in Famitsu, GameFreak stated they want to surprise players in 2019.
    Let's Go Gold and Silver

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Spring actually. It was what was announced at E3 and Nintendo's most recent earnings report back at the end of October still says the same thing.

A lot of people, myself included, are expecting a further delay, but only until June, which would still technically be Spring.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/statu...83981948321793

I can't wait for a half-baked pokemon game with cutscenes out the butt, 50 new pokemon (12 of which are legendaries), 15 KANTO megas, and a new "feature" like QR scanner and pokemon photo booths.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I can't wait for a half-baked pokemon game with cutscenes out the butt, 50 new pokemon (12 of which are legendaries), 15 KANTO megas, and a new "feature" like QR scanner and pokemon photo booths.
    Controversial opinion: the concept of legendaries is dogshit. It was fine when it was 3 birds and mew/mewtwo and maybe Lugia and Ho-oh but the amount of 'legendary' pokemon is ridiculous and i don't know a soul who uses them. They catch em, bank em and forget em. The whole point of pokemon is playing a game where a kid leaves home on a journey, makes these pokemon friends along the way and they aren't unique but they are your pokemon and they change and grow and evolve in this utterly shallow but totally effective metaphor for childhood and thats part of what makes Pokemon stand out as an rpg. You start with a group of little weeds, bugs, lizards or rocks and they turn into these huge monsters because you worked together to become stronger. Legendaries were a challenge to fight and catch but thats about it. They started to wear out their welcome in Diamond and Pearl but by the Ultra Beasts it became ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Controversial opinion: the concept of legendaries is dogshit. It was fine when it was 3 birds and mew/mewtwo and maybe Lugia and Ho-oh but the amount of 'legendary' pokemon is ridiculous and i don't know a soul who uses them. They catch em, bank em and forget em. The whole point of pokemon is playing a game where a kid leaves home on a journey, makes these pokemon friends along the way and they aren't unique but they are your pokemon and they change and grow and evolve in this utterly shallow but totally effective metaphor for childhood and thats part of what makes Pokemon stand out as an rpg. You start with a group of little weeds, bugs, lizards or rocks and they turn into these huge monsters because you worked together to become stronger. Legendaries were a challenge to fight and catch but thats about it. They started to wear out their welcome in Diamond and Pearl but by the Ultra Beasts it became ridiculous.
    I agree. The ultra beasts could have been interesting if they weren't just legendaries 2.0 - I really like Naganadel and the Jelly Fish too. Legendaries just aren't fun to use - there's no connection because most don't evolve or you can't breed them, and the way you catch them and their involvement with plot points make them feel like actual npcs and not pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I can't wait for a half-baked pokemon game with cutscenes out the butt
    this i actually wouldnt mind

- - - Updated - - -

i think the problem is legendaries went from these urban legend rare things that kind of just existed to being literal godlike beings that are integral and prominent in the plot. legendaries got more and more screen time each gen to the point now where the games revolve around them.

in gen 1 and 2 they were just there and had minor plot significance

- - - Updated - - -

that is one thing that playing through lets go has reminded me of. the story of gens 1 and 2 are so much better than all the other gens.

im getting sick of alternate realities, time travel, aliens from outside space and apocalyptic threats.

i just wanna be the best like no one ever was.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Music makes the game:

I wish the game makers would use this experience when making games. Like 99% of video game music just sucks (latest doom is perfect tho).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

the amount of 'legendary' pokemon is ridiculous and i don't know a soul who uses them. They catch em, bank em and forget em.
    I see you don't play or follow any competitive formats then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I see you don't play or follow any competitive formats then.
    about as much as i follow competitive Mario Party or Smash brothers. If i wanted to be suffused in cringe i can just watch that kingdom hearts parking lot video any time i want.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Music makes the game:

I wish the game makers would use this experience when making games. Like 99% of video game music just sucks (latest doom is perfect tho).
    I don't know what you're talking about honestly, maybe you're just playing the wrong games?

I can't remember the last time I was playing a game and thought "Wow this music SUCKS".
    Not really taken note of it? Sure. Forgettable? Maybe.
    Neither of those are sucking though. Like the last track from WoW I actually remember is the Alliance Garrison music, although at this point I can't tell if it's just Stockholm syndrome or I actually enjoyed it. Does that mean Legion had an awful OST? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I can't remember the last time I was playing a game and thought "Wow this music SUCKS".
    While it's rare I can definitely remember my last time...

Dragon Quest XI

Dragon Quest XI
    You don't like GBA midi trumpets right out of ruby and sapphire because an ancient war crime denying mummy wants his arrangement cds to sell?

You don't like GBA midi trumpets right out of ruby and sapphire because an ancient war crime denying mummy wants his arrangement cds to sell?
    Not only is it midi, it's just bad in general. Literally the most bland and boring JRPG OST in a long, long time.

I can deal with midi if the OST is actually good, Dark Souls 1 and 2 are midi and both fine for example.

It's a shame because you can tell that a lot of the music would be incredible in orchestral format.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's a shame because you can tell that a lot of the music would be incredible in orchestral format.
    Bad soundtracks are bad regardless of if they're midi or orchestrated.

Did you seriously go through most of gaming history thinking the soundtracks where all garbage? Because orchestrated OSTs are still a rather new thing in the gaming space. Last gen was still mostly midi for example...

People want to blame the midi for the DQXI OST being terrible but the reality is it's just bad. That's not the reason.

Dragon Quest XI
    The closest I could think of was BfA's clunky transitions, but that's not the music itself that's the problem.

Like, whoever designed the transitions around Boralus should be ashamed. Such an awkward cutout and then SUDDEN NEW MUSIC when taking flight paths or just entering the Harbormaster's office. (at least, pre 8.1, not sure if they fixed it)

Generally I just file OSTs as forgettable otherwise, unless they make the right impression. I can't remember a single track from BotW but The Final Ascent from Owlboy has stuck itself firmly into my heart.

Bad soundtracks are bad regardless of if they're midi or orchestrated.

Did you seriously go through most of gaming history thinking the soundtracks where all garbage? Because orchestrated OSTs are still a rather new thing in the gaming space. Last gen was still mostly midi for example...

People want to blame the midi for the DQXI OST being terrible but the reality is it's just bad. That's not the reason.
    A lot of DQXI tracks are directly taken from previous games in the series, so orchestral versions of the tracks exist already and they're pretty decent at that. DQVIII was the first DQ game that I played and that had orchestral music included which served to make the game much more memorable as a result.

I don't particularly care about the MIDI format - some of my favourite games OSTS are from the PS1 and PS2 era where such was common. DQXI simply suffers from disjointedness - everything but the music has been brought up to the level of a modern game, so there's a jarring disconnect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about honestly, maybe you're just playing the wrong games?

Not really taken note of it? Sure. Forgettable? Maybe.
    Neither of those are sucking though. Like the last track from WoW I actually remember is the Alliance Garrison music, although at this point I can't tell if it's just Stockholm syndrome or I actually enjoyed it. Does that mean Legion had an awful OST? No.
    Thats the thing. Its forgeteable.

You can easy memorize video games, just by hearing their songs. For example:
    God of war, ES oblivion, Red alert 2, Contra, Katamari Dalmacy and more....
    Don't sweat the details!!!