Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post

'No performance issues'
    'Weapon breaking is great cause people would pick the strongest weapon and stick with it!'
    'But Ganon 4 stars is much harder'

Way to be objective, you fanatic devotee.

Way to misrepresent.

My comment was pertaining to performance issues after the fixes, which I mention I had on the WiiU and did not notice on the Switch over a year after it launched. Sure you got me, i've seen some dips, but nothing that was really noticeable nor game ruining.

I never said weapon breaking is great and I gave the reason Nintendo, and many other devs and journalists have given on the subject.

Never said he was way harder, I said it was a lot tougher, but then followed it up by saying it was a disappointment, but it fit the story.

Smash Ultimate patch 2.0 and Splatoon 2 patch 4.4 should be out right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Smash Ultimate patch 2.0 and Splatoon 2 patch 4.4 should be out right about now.
    Nintendo - "piranna plant will be out February"
    Also Nintendo - "January is the new February"

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Probably because it's only meant to play games and considering it isn't a powerful system, I think it would be best if they mostly kept it that way.
    3ds has more customization and it's not a powerful system. I don't understand why not having any sort of customization on a home console in the year of our lord is remotely acceptable. I mean, Nintendo is not known for being terribly innovative and outdated, but this is just clumsy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there is some progression system they could add to replace weapon breaking. Its one of the things I hate the most about BoTW.

I'm hearing multiple reports across the internet, but just to be on the safe side: DO NOT TAKE PIRAHNA PLANT INTO ALL-STAR MODE THERE IS A POSSIBILITY IT COULD CORRUPT YOUR SAVE FILE

If you do, do it at your own risk, or wait until Nintendo puts out an emergency patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm sure there is some progression system they could add to replace weapon breaking. Its one of the things I hate the most about BoTW.
    AN idea I just came up with is keeping broken weapons, but adding a forging system, with collectable broken weapon parts, allowing you to craft your own weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Why is the Switch customization so lacking? You can't change the home page colors, move apps around, shift the layout. No theming, nothing. It's very barebones.
    Nintendo's likely not going to give us an answer, but speculation says it's to keep the OS quick and snappy, and to not take up as much internal storage.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Way to misrepresent.

My comment was pertaining to performance issues after the fixes, which I mention I had on the WiiU and did not notice on the Switch over a year after it launched. Sure you got me, i've seen some dips, but nothing that was really noticeable nor game ruining.

I never said weapon breaking is great and I gave the reason Nintendo, and many other devs and journalists have given on the subject.

Never said he was way harder, I said it was a lot tougher, but then followed it up by saying it was a disappointment, but it fit the story.
    You've seen dips, but nothing really noticeable.

You never said it was harder, you said it was tougher.

Great job nullifying your own arguments champ. It's become farcical now, so let's just drop the subject ^^

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    3ds has more customization and it's not a powerful system. I don't understand why not having any sort of customization on a home console in the year of our lord is remotely acceptable. I mean, Nintendo is not known for being terribly innovative and outdated, but this is just clumsy.
    I get where you're coming from, but honestly, how much time do you even spend in the home screen? Why waste resources on something users can't do anything but pick a game in?
    Of course there is. This is just lazy development, not unlike creating the illusion of content via other means other than actually creating content.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-01-30 at 08:22 AM.

I've never understood the importance people put into console themes. You spend some seconds in the home screen, is it really that important to have it as something else than white or black?
    Last edited by Lahis; 2019-01-30 at 09:17 AM.

Console theme customisation has never even come across my mind, the most irrelevant nitpick I think I've ever heard about the Switch.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Do consoles even have customizeable themes? Are people crying after it only because 3DS had those?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Do consoles even have customizeable themes? Are people crying after it only because 3DS had those?
    its been the norm since the psp. only the xbone and switch dont do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    its been the norm since the psp. only the xbone and switch dont do it.
    You can set screenshots etc as background images on the xbone.

It's just the Switch that's doesn't have any such features

Once I conceptualized one particular in game mechanic that I was confused about, it became a treat for me(because of a tip I read). I do understand the dislike of weapons breaking, but for me it was a mechanic that added to the game instead of subtracted in the end.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-01-30 at 03:44 PM.

Would be really fucking nice to get some news if the new revision is coming this year or not seeing as my Switch'es storage is fucking dying out.

So, not to take away from current discussions, but is there actually any game to look forward to this month or next or the one after? (JAN / FEB / MAR)

I'm not paying $60 for New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, or whatever it's called. So clear that one from the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    So, not to take away from current discussions, but is there actually any game to look forward to this month or next or the one after? (JAN / FEB / MAR)

I'm not paying $60 for New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, or whatever it's called. So clear that one from the table.
    Yoshi's cute ass cardboard world is coming out in Feb right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

First party offerings only have Yoshi at the end of March, currently. Kirby on the 3DS at the beginning of March.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yoshi's cute ass cardboard world is coming out in Feb right?
    March 29. /10char
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Financial data incoming:

Switch at 32.27 million LTD.

Smash Ultimate 12.08 million

- - - Updated - - -

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee did 10 million

Super Mario Party did 5.3 million.

Hardware forecast for the fiscal year has been reduced to 17 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Financial data incoming:

Switch at 32.27 million LTD.

Smash Ultimate 12.08 million

- - - Updated - - -

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee did 10 million

Super Mario Party did 5.3 million.

Hardware forecast for the fiscal year has been reduced to 17 million.
    But the Switch cant possibly miss 20m. And everyone said I was wrong. Good luck hiting another 5m in 1 quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets go did much more than I imagined though.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the Switch cant possibly miss 20m. And everyone said I was wrong. Good luck hiting another 5m in 1 quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets go did much more than I imagined though.
    Pokémon Sun and Moon had 16 milion sales.
    It had more than Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon with 7.96 million copies. (and that was just a small upgrade to original)

Its not that good tho with go version.