Ya'll still getting hot and bothered over Pokemon debates when this AC game looks so cute. Cute enough to bring world peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sword and Shield are officially dead games.

No Megas.

No Z-Moves.

NOT EVEN FUCKING EVERY POKEMON
    No Z moves or megas is a nice move for me, I hated those, same as I have no interested in Dinosaucing or whatever it it's called.

But why the hell did I pay for pokemon bank for all these years now? What's the point if I can't bring my favorite pokemon...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

People are, of course, doing huge breakdowns on the zelda trailer and some stuff seems suggestive of cut content from skyward sword.

Could you imagine if BotW was actually some 'cyclical' take on the timeline and hyrule is moving up in the trailer because its skyloft all over again? floating islands are kind of the map designers go to.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    People are, of course, doing huge breakdowns on the zelda trailer and some stuff seems suggestive of cut content from skyward sword.

Could you imagine if BotW was actually some 'cyclical' take on the timeline and hyrule is moving up in the trailer because its skyloft all over again? floating islands are kind of the map designers go to.
    It could just be reused assets. I mean, I could get behind the idea of Nintendo making a new Zelda each console generation and then releasing more episodes in the series of that game using the same engine and reusing assets. So long as they are good, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It could just be reused assets. I mean, I could get behind the idea of Nintendo making a new Zelda each console generation and then releasing more episodes in the series of that game using the same engine and reusing assets. So long as they are good, of course.
    Its probably going to be a Majora style assett flip but the design of some of that stuff is close to the guardians and demise and hyrule castle looks like its floating up in the trailer. Given whos behind the map design for botw and their love of floating islands i would not be surprised if its a "take the map from botw and turn it into floating chunks of reworked terrain". It lets them get something out fast and can create more of an 'open dungeon' feel that really only works in botw till you leave the great plateau.

Music reminds me of Twillight Princess effects as well as the general green/blue creepy chain thing.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Sword and Shield are officially dead games.

No Megas.

No Z-Moves.

NOT EVEN FUCKING EVERY POKEMON
    You weren't able to bring in other Pokemon until a certain point in previous games too I'm pretty sure?

Did they specifically say "Never", because I remember having to unlock a regional dex in games to be able to get older pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You weren't able to bring in other Pokemon until a certain point in previous games too I'm pretty sure?

Did they specifically say "Never", because I remember having to unlock a regional dex in games to be able to get older pokemon.
    They specifically said never.

You can transfer every Pokémon into Home. But you can ONLY transfer Pokémon into Sword and Shield if they appear in Galar Dex, making the whole app fucking pointless.

They specifically said never.

You can transfer every Pokémon into Home. But you can ONLY transfer Pokémon into Sword and Shield if they appear in Galar Dex, making the whole app fucking pointless.
    Galar dex isn't a regional dex.

EVERY pokemon game recently has had a pokedex for the region, and then some sort of unlocked Regional dex.

So I will await hearing more about a regional dex first, because it could be as simple as you can't until the Regional Dex is unlocked so you can't just import whatever team you want right away.

I mean, I sure hope you they'll add new pokemon to the dex via raids, giving an incentive to actually do them and allowing them to further flesh out the rest of the 'mons.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the things i hated about x and y was there were too many old pokemon and a lot of the good ones were in early game like bagon. I want a fresh start.

Galar dex isn't a regional dex.

EVERY pokemon game recently has had a pokedex for the region, and then some sort of unlocked Regional dex.

So I will await hearing more about a regional dex first, because it could be as simple as you can't until the Regional Dex is unlocked so you can't just import whatever team you want right away.
    Galar Dex is Regional dex.

Just like Kanto Dex. And Johto Dex. And Hoenn Dex. Sinnoh Dex. And Unova Dex. And Kalos Dex. And Alola Dex. All of them smaller than the full National Dex. This even holds true for Kanto and Johto after FRLG and HGSS.

What even is "unlocked regional dex"? Kalos and Alola were further divided into subareas, but that damn well doesn't raise their caps beyond 457 and 403 respectively. And Before USUM expansion Alola Dex had fucking 302 Pokemon in it. Out of 800.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also

Hes goodest boi and the pokemon designs so far are stellar, especially after ugly sun and ugly moon

Galar Dex is Regional dex.

Just like Kanto Dex. And Johto Dex. And Hoenn Dex. Sinnoh Dex. And Unova Dex. And Kalos Dex. And Alola Dex. All of them smaller than the full National Dex. This even holds true for Kanto and Johto after FRLG and HGSS.

What even is "unlocked regional dex"? Kalos and Alola were further divided into subareas, but that damn well doesn't raise their caps beyond 457 and 403 respectively. And Before USUM expansion Alola Dex had fucking 302 Pokemon in it. Out of 800.
    Sorry, wrong term. The National Dex. Was very much a thing though that locked you out from older pokemon until a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    One of the things i hated about x and y was there were too many old pokemon and a lot of the good ones were in early game like bagon. I want a fresh start.
    Me too. Hated it about X/Y and hated it about S/M at points. I want the new guys. I don't want to see the OG 150 (as much as I like them) take up 80% of the encounter rate.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Sorry, wrong term. The National Dex. Was very much a thing though that locked you out from older pokemon until a certain point.
    National Dex was removed in Gen 7, but the games still allowed transferring all and even capturing some National Dex mons.

They confirmed that Super Mario Maker 2 will be able to play online with friends in lobbies woot! outrage wins again! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They confirmed that Super Mario Maker 2 will be able to play online with friends in lobbies woot! outrage wins again! lol.
    Too bad Game Freak is too stupid to listen to justified angry feedback.

To me, Pokemon is indecipherable, but after reading these last several pages, I am to understand many are upset because Pokemon previously collected in other forms of the game may or may not(unclear) be available to recruit in the new Pokemon game coming up? Is that right?

You cannot nickle and dime people if you let them have all their past Pokemon work forever going forward, we knew this was an inevitability based on Let's GO. I don't agree with it but GameFreak is a publicly traded company and Nintendo doesn't have final say on things anymore.