I prefer something simple, a console with controllers, i don't need all of these options and shits

Quote Originally Posted by marvinbay View Post
    I prefer something simple, a console with controllers, i don't need all of these options and shits
    Good thing the Switch gives that option then.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You are absolutely obsessed with telling people "accept defeat" or to "eat their losses". Probably because you're such a big loser yourself.
    If you want to join in the conversation how about you stay on topic and say why FFXII "isn't remastered".

Until then, nobody has time for your weak ass attempt at an ad hominem attack because you're still salty about getting proven wrong months ago(or whenever I made you salty, truth be told I don't remember because you're pretty irrelevant to me).

Anyone that claims FFXII on Switch looks just like the original version hasn't played a PS2 game on it's original system in a long time, and is just basing their views on what they remember it as, rather than what it actually was.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinbay View Post
    It's a good thing then that no one gives a fuck about your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Astral Chain is August as well.

Fall is also gonna be loaded with AC, Pokemon, LM3 and LA.

If anything it was the spring lineup that was trash, 2nd half of 2019 is loaded.
    Likely. I heard that there's a Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Switch on the books, though I don't know if that's something that is slated for this year.

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Likely. I heard that there's a Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Switch on the books, though I don't know if that's something that is slated for this year.
    Probably been finished for some time and they are sitting on it until MP4 is 1.5 years out or so to re start the hype for it. The games still look good just rendering in HD on dolphin so not like it's a big project or anything, was probably green lit when they green lit MP4 and has been done for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Anyone that claims FFXII on Switch looks just like the original version hasn't played a PS2 game on it's original system in a long time, and is just basing their views on what they remember it as, rather than what it actually was.
    Agreed. I played the original. Didn't care much for it. But I'm a sucker and bought the remaste on PC. Decided to triple dip to get it on a long road trip to Boston this summer to finally play it through to the end on mobile. It's the fucking remastered version. Anyone saying it isn't should actually be banned for trolling.

Just out of curiosity. What are peoples opinions about the game releases on the Switch so far this year?
    Been seeing some Youtubers saying that it's just as sparse and disappointing as 2018. Despite the fact we have Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening remake, Pokemon Sword and Shield (Just to name a handful) coming out in the latter half of the year.

And yes. I know we shouldn't take Youtubers opinions as gospel. But it's hard to ignore the nerdrage from them and the brainless zealots that agree with everything they say.

Just out of curiosity. What are peoples opinions about the game releases on the Switch so far this year?
    Besides the super shity Saints Row port, Its releases have been pretty good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Besides the super shity Saints Row port, Its releases have been pretty good IMO.
    Dunno why people would care about a port of an 8 year old game in the first place. But that's an entirely different discussion.
    I do wish developers would make an effort to make sure their ports are optimized for the hardware. Seems like Panic Button are the only ones who actually give a damn.

Dunno why people would care about a port of an 8 year old game in the first place. But that's an entirely different discussion.
    I do wish developers would make an effort to make sure their ports are optimized for the hardware. Seems like Panic Button are the only ones who actually give a damn.
    Naw many developers give a dam but a few don't.

The guys who did the Darksiders Remaster port did a amazing job. As to why would people want a 8 year old port its because of the portable factor.

Naw many developers give a dam but a few don't.

The guys who did the Darksiders Remaster port did a amazing job. As to why would people want a 8 year old port its because of the portable factor.
    True. Still, portability aside, I can't imagine there being a market for it. Or at least people that care about the genre that haven't already played the game in the past 8 years.
    Same with Darksiders. I played it years ago on PC and had a good time with it. But I've had no desire to revisit it or double dip on the Switch version.

True. Still, portability aside, I can't imagine there being a market for it, or at least people that care about the genre that haven't already played the game in the past 8 years.
    Same with Darksiders. I played it years ago on PC and had a good time with it. But I've had no desire to revisit it or double dip on the Switch version.
    If there was no market remasters wouldn't be a thing tho. Also it likely doesn't take many copies to hit profit with these games.

If there was no market remasters wouldn't be a thing tho. Also it likely doesn't take many copies to hit profit with these games.
    Probably not. But at least in Saints Row's case, it just seems like a cynical cash grab. Especially when developers can't be bothered to make sure their game runs well on the Switch before they release it.
    I can see it being easy for them to turn a profit with it currently being impossible to get a refund for games bought on the Nintendo eshop.

Probably not. But at least in Saints Row's case, it just seems like a cynical cash grab. Especially when developers can't be bothered to make sure their game runs well on the Switch before they release it.
    I can see it being easy for them to turn a profit with it currently being impossible to get a refund for games bought on the Nintendo eshop.
    I don't disagree (even more so as someone who bought it). Some remasters are nothing but a crash grab (even tho I hate that term), But a lot of decent ports.

Hell even the Dark Souls port wasn't bad(besides the audio).

I don't disagree (even more so as someone who bought it). Some remasters are nothing but a crash grab (even tho I hate that term), But a lot of decent ports.

Hell even the Dark Souls port wasn't bad(besides the audio).
    Honestly, I have never played any of the Dark Souls games, let alone the Nintendo Switch port.
    But, I at least have to give credit to the developer for delaying the release to make sure the game was ready.
    Sure, it annoyed a lot of people who were excited for the Switch version. But in the long run, they would have been even more annoyed if the game was released in a bad state.

Been seeing some Youtubers saying that it's just as sparse and disappointing as 2018. Despite the fact we have Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening remake, Pokemon Sword and Shield (Just to name a handful) coming out in the latter half of the year.

And yes. I know we shouldn't take Youtubers opinions as gospel. But it's hard to ignore the nerdrage from them and the brainless zealots that agree with everything they say.
    Problem is that all but one of those games you mentioned are second half releases. Aside from a few, dare I say, cult like following games, the first half has been pretty disappointing. At least in terms of first party. If you didn’t buy into any of the Final Fantasy’s until now or just want to have the option of playing on the go, that’s been a nice addition. The usual ports from early current gen or last gen have also been nice to fill the gaps I guess. But if you play the Switch mainly for first party additions, it’s been a little sparse for sure and can definitely be likened to last year.

It's been really bad - just ports and shitty 3rd party games that nobody cares about. Should pick up next month with Bloodstained though and FE after that.

Serious question, how is Nintendo still successful? Any other company would have gone under by now if they made the decisions Nintendo has. It feels like they're successful in spite of the decisions they make, rather than because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Serious question, how is Nintendo still successful? Any other company would have gone under by now if they made the decisions Nintendo has. It feels like they're successful in spite of the decisions they make, rather than because of them.
    Because no other game developer has a first party line up with the same level of popularity as Nintendo.