Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Not surprised a Kickstarter game is doing kickstarter game things.
    I mean, people like to claim this when narrative fits it but it seems lots of people are enjoying Bloodstained so for the most part it did exactly what it was supposed to do. PC/PS4 versions are mostly fine with some technical issues and flaws only the Switch version is worthy of being laughed at with the "LUL KICKSTARTER GAME". It's a far cry from MN9.

But beyond this, old and played out stereotype is old and played out and not true. Plenty of successful projects have come off kickstarter. Total failures like MN9 are rare. FTL, Banner Saga, Shovel Knight, Divinity Original Sin, Darkest Dungeon etc...

I guess the problem comes with a game like Bloodstained or Shenmue raises millions and people expect them to be AAA games when that takes tens of millions so not even fucking close. Bloodstained was made for hardcore SoTN fans and for the most part they like it. Shenmue 3 was made for hardcore Shenmue fans and spoiler alert: they will like it and the rest of the gaming world will think it's trash because they don't understand what the fan base actually wanted lol. MN9 will be the lone exception where even megaman fans think it's trash.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-28 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, MN9 was Keiji Inafune known for Mega Man and Bloostained is Koji Igarashi known for Castlevania.
    Oh my fault then.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, people like to claim this when narrative fits it but it seems lots of people are enjoying Bloodstained so for the most part it did exactly what it was supposed to do. PC/PS4 versions are mostly fine with some technical issues and flaws only the Switch version is worthy of being laughed at with the "LUL KICKSTARTER GAME". It's a far cry from MN9.

But beyond this, old and played out stereotype is old and played out and not true. Plenty of successful projects have come off kickstarter. Total failures like MN9 are rare. FTL, Banner Saga, Shovel Knight, Divinity Original Sin, Darkest Dungeon etc...

I guess the problem comes with a game like Bloodstained or Shenmue raises millions and people expect them to be AAA games when that takes tens of millions so not even fucking close. Bloodstained was made for hardcore SoTN fans and for the most part they like it. Shenmue 3 was made for hardcore Shenmue fans and spoiler alert: they will like it and the rest of the gaming world will think it's trash because they don't understand what the fan base actually wanted lol. MN9 will be the lone exception where even megaman fans think it's trash.
    100%.

Honestly I think the biggest complaint people could have outside of performance issues is the fact the Vita port was cancelled. That was something backers wanted but was later removed/replaced.

The rest of the issues are honestly basic release game issues in this day and age.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So, how about Resident Evil Zero?

Seems OK+ on the Switch, although aiming is fubared. Good puzzles, trial and error, and naturally running back and forth - alot.

Pretty fun if you can get used to the awful aiming mechanisms. (ie only head shots keep enemies down, anything else and they get back up a minute later...) The controls are shitty for head shots. Shitty.

Playing on Easy proves to be difficult.

Pretty disgusting that the original remastered is only available via download, so years from now, that cartridge is dogshit for playing the original. (You get a code for the original RE remaster) /spit.

Original Trailer:
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-06-29 at 12:47 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya bloodstained was an impulse purchase on my end that I bought on the 27th, I’m actually stuck in area do to loading errors.
    I forgot Mario maker 2 was outday otherwise I wouldn’t have bought this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the switch version of bloodstained is as bad as assumed based off earlier footage. Maybe should of delayed it more then a week my dudes, drops to 15 fps and constant crashes really aren't acceptable.
    It hitches every once in a while, but I haven't had any crashes.

No hitches have gotten me killed yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It hitches every once in a while, but I haven't had any crashes.

No hitches have gotten me killed yet either.
    Same here, a few hitches, a few longer than normal loading times, but I have not experienced any of the input lag as seen on day one. Just DL it today. Backed it when it was first announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Same here, a few hitches, a few longer than normal loading times, but I have not experienced any of the input lag as seen on day one. Just DL it today. Backed it when it was first announced.
    I have to take back hitching not killing me.

The twin dragon fight is stupid with how often it hitches. But I only play in handheld, I'm curious to see if there's any improvement when hooked up to power.

I have to take back hitching not killing me.

The twin dragon fight is stupid with how often it hitches. But I only play in handheld, I'm curious to see if there's any improvement when hooked up to power.
    Just stopped at that point about an hour ago. No hitching that I noticed while docked. But then I was a bit overwhelmed trying to figure out what head was doing what, then they died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to wait until Monday to go pickup Super Mario Maker 2 from the PO Box due to major construction nearby (10 minute trip turns into an hour basically). I really should just have them shipped to my store instead.

Feels bad man.

Oh well, back to FFXIV.

Edit:

Also that DQB2 demo plays better in handheld mode for whatever odd reason. Slogs a bit in docked. I'm probably gonna cancel my preorder.
    Does a solid 15-20fps in areas like this which is pretty fucking stupid:

I could just play in handheld mode at work like I usually do. /shrug

Fucking Squeenix....just put these on PC already
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-06-29 at 11:56 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Having to wait until Monday to go pickup Super Mario Maker 2 from the PO Box due to major construction nearby (10 minute trip turns into an hour basically). I really should just have them shipped to my store instead.

Feels bad man.

Oh well, back to FFXIV.

Edit:

Also that DQB2 demo plays better in handheld mode for whatever odd reason. Slogs a bit in docked. I'm probably gonna cancel my preorder.
    Does a solid 15-20fps in areas like this which is pretty fucking stupid:

I could just play in handheld mode at work like I usually do. /shrug

Fucking Squeenix....just put these on PC already
    Ehh I'd at least wait to see if there is some kind of Day 1 patch, as Demos often tend to have performance issues final games do not.
    Considering DQB1 on Switch held a nearly solid 60FPS (with a few dips) docked, and this game looks nearly identical I don't see why they can't pull that off again. They'll probably do performance updates.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Ehh I'd at least wait to see if there is some kind of Day 1 patch, as Demos often tend to have performance issues final games do not.
    Considering DQB1 on Switch held a nearly solid 60FPS (with a few dips) docked, and this game looks nearly identical I don't see why they can't pull that off again. They'll probably do performance updates.
    I'm still gonna buy it, I just like to bitch about shit tbh.

Keep in mind that the game has been out for over half a year in Japan.

If you mess around with the camera and move around in certain ways, the games goes above 30fps so that is something. A better Switch model would probably boost performance a bit.

That being said, I still enjoyed the demo.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-06-30 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    I'm still gonna buy it, I just like to bitch about shit tbh.

Keep in mind that the game has been out for over half a year in Japan.

If you mess around with the camera and move around in certain ways, the games goes above 30fps so that is something. A better Switch model would probably boost performance a bit.

That being said, I still enjoyed the demo.
    Yeah I know it's been out there for a while. Makes no sense for this one to not run as well, so still hoping they patch it now that the game is going to be released globally. I'd get the PS4 version, myself, if it weren't for the fact I wanna be able to play with my GF doing multiplayer and she only has a Switch.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Mario Maker 2 is awesome and would be a perfect 10 for me but.......

The online in versus's is laggy as fuck.

Totally worth the $20 a year........

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-06-30 at 09:45 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Mario Maker 2 is awesome and would be a perfect 10 for me but.......

The online in versus's is laggy as fuck.

Totally worth the $20 a year........
    I don't play multiplayer versus, so it's not a huge issue for me. Sucks for everybody else though.
    It wouldn't lag so much if they actually invested in servers instead of relying on P2P connections.
    One of these days Nintendo will get with the program. They have brilliant high quality first party IP's, but they're held back by their dated mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I don't play multiplayer versus, so it's not a huge issue for me. Sucks for everybody else though.
    It wouldn't lag so much if they actually invested in servers instead of relying on P2P connections.
    One of these days Nintendo will get with the program. They have brilliant high quality first party IP's, but they're held back by their dated mindset.
    The only Nintendo games where dedicated servers would help the online are Splatoon 2 and MK8. For example, there is a reason MS uses them for Halo MCC and Halo 5 but doesn't for Killer Instinct. KI BTW having pretty much the best online play of any fighting game out right now as well and it's P2P.

Games where it's mostly 2 players won't benefit from dedicated servers at all, at that point the lag is because either the match making is busted or the net code is bad.

Dedicated servers for 2-4 player MP games would be a gigantic waste of money that should be spent on R&D into better net code. They wouldn't fix anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon quest builders 2 demo -- at the end when you pretty much end demo npc says:
    Do not pirate the game or else...lol

But the game does have some fps issues when it comes to large distance and fog effect. But its not that bad.

Also the worst part of game:
    9th August --- to be able to change hair and you even have to pay extra

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuck on blood lady in Bloodstained :/
    The Switch's input lag makes this kind of a dumb fight

I guess I'll grind for spell levels and a bit more stats to brute force through it.

Stuck on blood lady in Bloodstained :/
    The Switch's input lag makes this kind of a dumb fight

I guess I'll grind for spell levels and a bit more stats to brute force through it.
    It's a pretty basic fight, only she heals midfight but you can still do damage through that - and the more damage you deal to her the shorter the dress becomes
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah! New Miku game announced for Switch!

Why this hasn't happened sooner with ports is beyond me but I'll take it.

Also, get the ever rumored arcade ports to Steam already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at amazon prices right now and....

Uk games are cheaper than eu ones (germany).
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ques...eogames&sr=1-1
    vs
    https://www.amazon.de/DRAGON-QUEST-B...gateway&sr=8-1

12 euro cheaper game. And still a few euro cheaper with faster shipping.....
    Thank you brexit.
    German one costs EUR 69,64 with shipping (fast one).