Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep live and going strong, Has been for quite awhile.

Fills a Niche MMO void that was left by CoH shutting down.

- - - Updated - - -

TLDW: In docked it can drop into the low 20's and in portable it can drop below 20 FPS. Both have performance problems most of the time.

Sadly as much as I was looking forward to playing this tomorrow, Its a hard pass for me until performance is better. The moment your game starts to drop under 20fps is the moment I lose interest.

Also Docked is 1080p and Portable is 720p both with dynamic range that scales down 25% of the base resolution.
    I know one person at least that got it and told me he was very rarely seeing any frame drop and it was staying at 30 both docked and portable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://gonintendo.com/stories/34038...ficially-filed

If you had/have issues now is the time to let Nintendo know their silence has been unacceptable. There’s some hope from people that the new versions of the Switch/Joy Cons no longer have the same issues(as no new joy cons were released for quite some time), but that may be too little too late for Nintendo. Only time will tell.
    Nintendo will still be silent on it, even if it go's anywhere you're looking at years and years before the case go's anywhere and at that point Nintendo will settle and anyone who makes a claim will get like a $20 check in the mail which is far below the value of a joy con, especially when you factor in the decade difference in inflation.

For example people just got paid like a year ago from the Sony settlement on pulling linux support from launch PS3s... This ain't going anywhere any time soon for Nintendo to acknowledge it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gimmie faiya emburem

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I know one person at least that got it and told me he was very rarely seeing any frame drop and it was staying at 30 both docked and portable.
    Then he ether can't tell when it dips or hes lying to you.

If the game is having framerate drops on DF then its having it on literally on every switch played out there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Gimmie faiya emburem
    Ngl. I was done with the series after the shit show that was Fates. Yet everything I've read on this has me excited.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ngl. I was done with the series after the shit show that was Fates. Yet everything I've read on this has me excited.
    But i looooooved fates so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But i looooooved fates so much
    I detect sarcasm, it was a terrible FE game. Probably the worst one to hit western shores*, and I played Shadow Dragon.

It was such a poor design of three stories, vastly imbalanced where one allowed for level grinding. The story was awful, one faction being so sickeningly honourable that they made me nauseous, while the apparently "really good grimdark" side was laughably incompetent while your not-sister with the giant breasts tried to sleep with you at every possible turn.

*Heroes not being counted here. Boy that game is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then he ether can't tell when it dips or hes lying to you.

If the game is having framerate drops on DF then its having it on literally on every switch played out there.
    Played it docked for about 6 hours yesterday, frame rate drops are similar to WoW raids, only when there is so much going on all at once and very infrequent and only for a sec or two at most.

[Octopath Traveler]

Has anyone else given up on Galdera after dying once?

I mean, I love a tough fight, but having to do all mini-bosses every time you fail seems like a drag
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I detect sarcasm, it was a terrible FE game. Probably the worst one to hit western shores*, and I played Shadow Dragon.

It was such a poor design of three stories, vastly imbalanced where one allowed for level grinding. The story was awful, one faction being so sickeningly honourable that they made me nauseous, while the apparently "really good grimdark" side was laughably incompetent while your not-sister with the giant breasts tried to sleep with you at every possible turn.

The only problem with Fates was that it was basically 2 and a half games, which wasn't really necessary. They should have just made a single game.

Edit: Did anyone get FFX/X-2 Remastered for the Switch? I never played them originally, so I figured I'd get it on the Prime sales. It's pretty good but the character movement is awful with the Joycon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    [Octopath Traveler]

I mean, I love a tough fight, but having to do all mini-bosses every time you fail seems like a drag
    Once, no.

Level grinded a bit more, changed tactics, then got annihilated again by dispel + meteorswarm spam and not touched it again for weeks, then rinse/repeated? Yep.

[Octopath Traveler]

Once you're strong enough to defeat the boss, the mini bosses should melt pretty fast. Don't endlessly slam your face against it, if the mini bosses take you that long to kill you're not going to beat the 2nd phase on Galdera anyways, it's a literal dps race.

I died once to it, got prepared with every party member at 70+ with best gear I could find, balanced both parties and it was an easy 2nd shot right after.

15+ Year Old Account

I was not being sarcastic. Its my fave fe. I even got the gay patch and made all the boys bang

10+ Year Old Account
    [Octopath Traveler]

Well if you cant deal with minibosses fast enogh, it means your party needs a better gear and setup.
    Here is a tip:
    Tressa + runelord spamming sidestep with Transfer Rune = lol easy boss

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Once you're strong enough to defeat the boss, the mini bosses should melt pretty fast. Don't endlessly slam your face against it, if the mini bosses take you that long to kill you're not going to beat the 2nd phase on Galdera anyways, it's a literal dps race.

I died once to it, got prepared with every party member at 70+ with best gear I could find, balanced both parties and it was an easy 2nd shot right after.
    The mini-bosses died quite fast, but now that you mentioned 70+, I'm quite certain I'm going to skip it. My characters are all between 60 and 65 and I have absolutely no intention of grinding; finishing Alfyn's and Tressa's stories was boring enough. I might have considered it if it only required four characters at 70+ and if there was a save spot after the mini-bosses.

Horrible design choices, if you ask me.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

The mini-bosses died quite fast, but now that you mentioned 70+, I'm quite certain I'm going to skip it. My characters are all between 60 and 65 and I have absolutely no intention of grinding; finishing Alfyn's and Tressa's stories was boring enough. I might have considered it if it only required four characters at 70+ and if there was a save spot after the mini-bosses.

Horrible design choices, if you ask me.
    Grinding to 70+ literally takes like 30 mins in maw of the ice dragon(and you can get a stable of boss captures for Haanit while you're there doing it). Are you new to JRPGs? The grind required for Galdera is way less then most super bosses, and you get the majority of it just cleaning up the end game.

And again, if you need a save spot after the mini bosses you aren't strong enough. They should all die in 1-2 turns when you're strong enough. It takes almost no time to get back to Galdera.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-07-20 at 05:14 PM.

Grinding to 70+ literally takes like 30 mins in maw of the ice dragon(and you can get a stable of boss captures for Haanit while you're there doing it). Are you new to JRPGs? The grind required for Galdera is way less then most super bosses, and you get the majority of it just cleaning up the end game.

And again, if you need a save spot after the mini bosses you aren't strong enough. They should all die in 1-2 turns when you're strong enough. It takes almost no time to get back to Galdera.
    I couldn't care less about how long it takes to grind your way to what you deem necessary; I don't do anything I do not enjoy, grinding is one of those things. Repeating boss fights I've already done twice is another. Too bad, the boss seems fun if you don't exploit some features that make it a 4 minute push-over.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-07-20 at 06:09 PM.

I couldn't care less about how long it takes to grind your way to what you deem necessary; I don't do anything I do not enjoy, grinding is one of those things. Repeating boss fights I've already done twice is another. Too bad, the boss seems fun if you don't exploit some features that make it a 4 minute push-over.
    So basically you just came here to complain and are now mad someone disagrees with your take?

It doesn't take some massive grind or effort to down Galdera. In fact at this point I question if you even downed the Dire Wolf. Super Bosses in JRPGs aren't for everyone but Galdera is certainly on the mild side of them.

To down the hardest boss in Persona 5 you literally need to play the entire game again on NG+ and reach a high enough level to down it.

To down the hardest boss in Torna you literally need to spend a good few hours grinding equipment and levels.

I don't think you even want to know what amount of grinding it takes to down the hardest bosses in Xenoblade X.

How about FFX and FXII? Definitely don't buy those games with this take.

Complaining about Galdera when literally all it requires is the post game side quest gear, and a max 1 hour level grind just seems like you don't like JRPG super boss design and that's ok. But talking about how badly designed it is when it's definitely on the VERY TAME side of JRPG super bosses is weird AF. Complaining about a boss gauntlet that takes 5 mins max to down when you're strong enough also weird AF.

That's... just the way... super bosses... work in JRPGs... It's an optional super boss for a reason.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-07-20 at 07:26 PM.

So basically you just came here to complain and are now mad someone disagrees with your take?

It doesn't take some massive grind or effort to down Galdera. In fact at this point I question if you even downed the Dire Wolf. Super Bosses in JRPGs aren't for everyone but Galdera is certainly on the mild side of them.

To down the hardest boss in Persona 5 you literally need to play the entire game again on NG+ and reach a high enough level to down it.

To down the hardest boss in Torna you literally need to spend a good few hours grinding equipment and levels.

I don't think you even want to know what amount of grinding it takes to down the hardest bosses in Xenoblade X.

How about FFX and FXII? Definitely don't buy those games with this take.

Complaining about Galdera when literally all it requires is the post game side quest gear, and a max 1 hour level grind just seems like you don't like JRPG super boss design and that's ok. But talking about how badly designed it is when it's definitely on the VERY TAME side of JRPG super bosses is weird AF. Complaining about a boss gauntlet that takes 5 mins max to down when you're strong enough also weird AF.

That's... just the way... super bosses... work in JRPGs... It's an optional super boss for a reason.
    I thought you were projecting, but after seeing your post history...

What makes you think I'm angry, or "mad"? Complaining? I started with an inquiry, which led me to explaining why I have no intention of proceeding, which for some reason triggered you on a personal level. Relax a bit, buddy.

Your examples are meaningless too; Comparisons with worse situation don't make the current one more enjoyable.

With exception of Tressa's and Alfyn's story, the game was great. I would've loved fighting at least one hard boss, but since it requires me to do stuff I do not enjoy, I have to pass.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-07-20 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Unpopular opinion: I wish they'd do a hard reboot of the franchise without all the IV/EV/breeding non-sense. Otherwise, make it so you can't breed for stats, encouraging people to hunt and trade for the perfect pokemon. I also cannot fathom why they still have a two game system when wifi trading makes exclusives irrelevant.
    All that will do is encourage people to hack their games even more, while the non cheating players will be SoL if they want to do things legitimately.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-07-20 at 08:26 PM.