Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I wish you could refund Switch games like you can on Steam.

Big yikes on this Astral Chain purchase, what the fuck happened with Platinum?
    I mean, user and critic reviews are crazy good. Perhaps it is not a problem with Platinum at all? Perhaps your personal preference is the only thing that caused you not to enjoy it?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/astral-chain

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, my review on the HORI Nintendo Switch Split Pad Pro:

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swit.../dp/B07T5QKKVP

As far as I can tell the device doesn't work with rumble or amibos. It also has some sort of programmable functionality that I don't care about. I bought it because I get hand cramps playing on joycons. I also don't think it has a battery and will not function when detached from the switch(though I haven't tested that).

Boy is this controller awesome. It is very lightweight. It is huge and makes the Switch huge. However, it is exactly the ticket if you want a full sized controller baked into the switch. It basically turn the switch into a full sized controller. The buttons are large and the analog sticks are huge and awesome. They control perfectly. It feels like a premium controller. The directional pad is a huge upgrade(imo) over the joycons, and it allows me to play in handheld mode just as well(gameplay wise) as it would if I was using a pro controller. However, I don't care about the things it is missing(rumble, no function while off the switch(due to no battery), amibo support, ect). I've never owned or used an Amibo.

Anyway, if you have big hands and can't control the switch well with Joycons, this controller fixes that issue with few drawbacks. The build quality on mine, at least, is very high. Some games won't work with it because of those missing features. I haven't ran across one, but I'm sure there are many. So far, for me it is a 10/10.

I have had the grip pads that add grip, but I really needed something that put a larger amount of grip space on the Switch. Those never worked well for me, and this does. I even bought some moldable plastic to try to make something myself, but saw that would be too much work. This controller feels like it was designed for me. Also, the whole configuration with the buttons and the directional pad, and the analog sticks is perfect, and feels really high end. The Switch still docks fine with it on, but I don't know if it would fit in any cases with this on, because they are large. Battery life of the Switch feels unchanged, but I can't tell one way or the other. It also locks up tight when snapped on to the Switch, even slightly tighter than my joycons, so I think this is a quality product, at least the one I got.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-09-20 at 06:41 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I wish you could refund Switch games like you can on Steam.

Big yikes on this Astral Chain purchase, what the fuck happened with Platinum?
    Gonna say it’s your own preference that’s odd, plenty of people are enjoying astral chain

Got to say, it's nice to have an actual Zelda game with actual Zelda dungeons and actual Zelda world progression on the Switch finally and the game is as good as I remember it to be and gorgeous to boot.

The Switch Lite doesn't feel bad at all honestly,I like the D pad but it does move slightly

Looking forward to playing Links Awakening once it fully charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know if I hit the Switch Lite lotto but the quality of the screen is really nice. I would even say it is better than my original switch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Has anyone here played Dark Souls 1 on the switch? Are there framerate issues in Blighttown? Is there PVP? Anything else you can think of?

Ive been making attempts at a deathless run on PC. But it would be nice to have it available on my switch to practice non-deathless during lunch at work, or when I'm away from home.

Just wondering if it's worth paying for the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Has anyone here played Dark Souls 1 on the switch? Are there framerate issues in Blighttown? Is there PVP? Anything else you can think of?

Ive been making attempts at a deathless run on PC. But it would be nice to have it available on my switch to practice non-deathless during lunch at work, or when I'm away from home.

The Switch port is great, already fully played it on it.

Only time there is dips is when there is a decent amount of alpha effects but for the most part it holds 30fps.

Sidenote: Legit couldn't figure out how to kill the Shy Guys in Dungeon 2 in Links Awakening. So I said fuck it and grinded out the 980 ruby's to buy the bow LOL.

3 Dungeons down now, really enjoying it. Never played much of the original release and its nice to have a Zelda game on the Switch finally.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Only time there is dips is when there is a decent amount of alpha effects but for the most part it holds 30fps.
    Hmm...I might have a different view, as I'm a spoiled PC player for all the Souls games except Demon Souls(which I still haven't played) and Bloodborne(which you can't even play on PC at all). So my standards might be a little higher.

Still, it looks pretty good.

EDIT: Oof! I just looked at the price. $40? Yeah, that's a hard pass. As good as DS1 is, at this point it's MAYBE a $15-20 game if it includes all DLCs. Sorry nintendo, but your price gouging has no purchase here.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-09-21 at 12:10 PM.

Hmm...I might have a different view, as I'm a spoiled PC player for all the Souls games except Demon Souls(which I still haven't played) and Bloodborne(which you can't even play on PC at all). So my standards might be a little higher.

Still, it looks pretty good.

EDIT: Oof! I just looked at the price. $40? Yeah, that's a hard pass. As good as DS1 is, at this point it's MAYBE a $15-20 game if it includes all DLCs. Sorry nintendo, but your price gouging has no purchase here.
    It isn't really Nintendo price gouging, The price is what bandai sets for it. Physical copi.

But it does go on sale every now and then for like $30.

If you are wanting a 60FPS experience on switch this isn't it.

In what universe is Nintendo setting the price on a game published by Bandai Namco, and it's the same MSRP on PC, PS4 and XBO.

I was all excited for it until I heard the sound quality from rolling into the pots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is fantastic (as always) and looks amazing but I do have two gripes with it....

Let me use the dpad and let me switch the sword to Y and jump to B.

Seriously though, the fresh coat of paint on LA really makes it a fantastic experience this go round
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-09-22 at 01:43 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I decided to get my nephew a Switch Lite, should I get Mario Odyssey or Link's Awakening for a kid that's 5? He's still learning to read and I've never played LA so I am not sure if it would be frustrating for a beginning reader. Anyone got any hot takes?
    I am not sure in regards to Link's Awakening, but SMO, while it has some talking, relies on little icons/color coordinating the text to be easier to indicate what they're talking about for key things (like the stars) and I believe most of the controls has images to go with it/little clips.

But I mean, it might be a bit frustrating at times for them in terms of controls later in the game.

Also I realized after you might have played SMO yourself and I don't remember, but I'll still leave this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get him Mario and sub for online so he can play the old games. He'll probably figure it out sooner or later

That's what I did with mine last year

It isn't really Nintendo price gouging, The price is what bandai sets for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    In what universe is Nintendo setting the price on a game published by Bandai Namco, and it's the same MSRP on PC, PS4 and XBO.
    I guess I stand corrected, then.

Regardless, that's still a bit overpriced IMO. Maybe I can find a pre-owned copy somewhere.

Oh well, plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Switch port has terrible audio quality.

Hopefully, sales are solid so far for Link's Awakening:

https://n4g.com/news/2295285/zelda-l...h-for-nintendo

Game currently(as of this writing, of course that may change) has 88 critic, 88 user reviews with lots of critic reviews in:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...inks-awakening

To cherrypick, probably the biggest gaming website, IGN gave it a 94. To be fair, one of the other biggest gamespot, gave it an 80.

Based on this, I do not believe that the game was/is overpriced, however I will gladly agree to disagree. However, listing other games that launched with cheaper price points, but also lower metacritic/user/sales as proof that the game is overpriced, imo, is not an apples to apples comparison.

Also, just to comment on this: I do not believe metacritic, price point, or popularity are the key determining factors in a game's quality. However, it also must be stated that these are some of the only mainstream metrics we have. I would also agree that though they don't define quality, neither does any any individual anecdotal opinion or perceived mainstream reasoning.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-09-22 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a gameboy remake tho. And no its not worth that much. Its shorter than a lot of other switch games. Also game critic score is usualy to high most of the time.
    They seriosly need to make less remakes and more original games.

This game has 70.....
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/daemon-x-machina
    I could easy give it 90. Its that good. But i guess 5 points extra are due to bias since its a rare mecha game.
    I read some of the reviews and they said music is bad:

What is so bad abauth this!!!!! Are those people 50 years old or something. Like some of the politicians that dont know what is a good taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    That game would have been much better and an instant buy from me if it was just a 15-20 boss fight encounter style game.

Music is great though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    That game would have been much better and an instant buy from me if it was just a 15-20 boss fight encounter style game.

Music is great though.
    There are quite a few bosses in this game. If you play online you can easy fight a harder version of some in party.
    Also each character you meet is pretty much a miniboss later (or online as party minibosses).

And i just found out today if you get to close to Rebellion he will grab you and trow you away.
    However....if you destroy his arm that holds a sword, you can pick up that sword and use it once on him.
    Also i realy hate Nightmare boss --- he keep ramming me in air
    Dont let me mention Eclipse......

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its a gameboy remake tho. And no its not worth that much. Its shorter than a lot of other switch games. Also game critic score is usualy to high most of the time.
    They seriosly need to make less remakes and more original games.

This game has 70.....
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/daemon-x-machina
    Except it is worth that much, Benji saying it out sold Mario Maker 2 in day 1 sales proving that yes- it was worth that much to an ass load of people. The people saying it's not worth it are a vocal minority.

Also I'm really tired of people claiming it's a short game. It's about the same content wise as every non BoTW Zelda(and don't get me started on how unique content is > copy pasted bloat). I actually remember mostly where to go and remember most of the puzzles and I'm at 10+ hours played already and haven't stepped foot in face shrine yet. The expanded mini games, the maker challenges all literally add hours to the game for people who even know it already. People going in blind can probably easily get 20+ hours out of it in fact I might get there and I'm not going in blind.

Also I'm not sure why you're salty that a quality Zelda game is reviewing better then a janky ass mech game with terrible performance issues(zelda dropping from a locked 60 to a locked 30 fps >>>>>>> a game that almost never hits a locked 30). It should be obvious which one the masses would think is the better game- it's the one having a massive launch while DxM likely bombs and is never heard from again going the way of Sushi Striker and Arms. It's clear to everyone in this thread months ago you already made up your mind that it was some great game... but it actually isn't and do I sense some sunk cost fallacy going on?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-22 at 07:24 PM.