Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    60 dollars isn't that crazy when the game in question is a complete remake.

There's a lot of things to be upset at Nintendo for, but this isn't one of them.
    This is the hilarious part anytime someone compares it to crash or spyro. They literally took the original games and threw HD textures at everything. They didn't remake a damn thing from the ground up, as proven by them being so lazy that they simply used Crash 3 physics for games 1 and 2 which make them play like shit.

In LA literally everything short of the dialogue had to be remade from the ground up, also they started work on it right after they finished MM3D so I can say with certainty it took a hell of a lot longer to make then the crash/spyro remasters activision shat out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This is the hilarious part anytime someone compares it to crash or spyro. They literally took the original games and threw HD textures at everything.
    This comment makes me question you even understand what a texture is
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    This comment makes me question you even understand what a texture is
    Hes correct.

Or do you think a game Activision had in development for 8 months to at max a year was fully remade?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hes correct.

Or do you think a game Activision had in development for 8 months to at max a year was fully remade?
    This makes me question you even understand what a texture is either.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

This makes me question you even understand what a texture is either.
    This comment makes me question if you know what a texture is.

You seem to be stuck in some n64 era bullshit where a texture is a flat paint job put on a model when they are far more then that now. You know Donkey Kong's Fur? It's a texture, you know that rock in the distance that actually looks like a rock but doesn't have to be interacted with? It's a texture. You know that foliage you're running through in every game these days? It's usually a texture.

Most of the work in the Crash and Spyro remakes was on making the backgrounds not look like shit in HD, backgrounds that for the most part aren't intractable- hence mostly texture work. The character models themselves where "redone" and I use quotation makrs because most of those models where straight copy pasted out of skylanders.

Now do you still want to try to insult someone with an overly vague statement or do you want to discuss the actual tech hurdle differences between remastering a PS1 game in HD vs remaking an 8 bit monochrome sprite based gameboy game in 3D and HD graphics?

I get people get super salty when Crash or Spyro "remakes" aren't super hyped up because of some nostalgia but they where dollar store remasters, hence the shitty crash 3 physics being copy pasted into 1 and 2 and hence the 8 month dev cycles and hence spyro being so rushed they couldn't even ship the entire game on blu ray discs, hence the MTX not even being finished for CTR and being patched in later LMAO. Comparing it to a game that was in development since MM3D released and just released is how do you say it? There is no comparison. lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-26 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol the ignorance is abundant. If you honestly think the only difference between Spyro is the textures, then I don't know what to tell you homie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    60 dollars isn't that crazy when the game in question is a complete remake.

There's a lot of things to be upset at Nintendo for, but this isn't one of them.
    Except the games I listed were also complete remakes with 3 games each included in the package for less money. See my point?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Except the games I listed were also complete remakes
    Oh yea bruh, such complete remakes that they literally copy pasted the physics from crash 3 on PS1 into all versions of the game lmao. They didn't remake shit, they lazily remastered them. You get a bargain bin price because it was a bargain bin effort.

Hell they didn't even have Spyro finished at the time of printing the BR discs for the game and shipped a game on a 50 GB BR disc that required a download to play. It doesn't get any more low effort then these remasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I don't really expect anything else from the Switch thread though. This is the same group of people who thought Skyward Sword being sold for 50 dollars in 2017 was justified when Skyrim which came out in the same year and won GotY over it and had far more content was far less at that point. Nintendo has always overcharged compared to everyone else in the industry and Nintendo stans just eat it up for whatever reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yea bruh, such complete remakes that they literally copy pasted the physics from crash 3 on PS1 into all versions of the game lmao. They didn't remake shit, they lazily remastered them. You get a bargain bin price because it was a bargain bin effort.
    And what did Link's Awakening remake exactly? Every review I've seen states it's the exact same game just with a new coat of paint. The weak defenses keep coming homie.

And what did Link's Awakening remake exactly? Every review I've seen states it's the exact same game just with a new coat of paint. The weak defenses keep coming homie.
    Do I really have to respond to this question again?

Because it seems obvious. If not-

Please tell me what they re-used from an 8 bit sprite based gameboy game in making this. lol...

What did they remake? Everything. The only thing they could re-use is the dialogue. Again, this remake started development when MM3D released, in other words it started development long before the crash remasters did and came out nearly 2 years later.

Remember your original post about calling Nintendo on their "bullshit" but claiming games like that took the "same amount of work" yea, not so much friend. Not even close.

This comment makes me question if you know what a texture is.

You seem to be stuck in some n64 era bullshit where a texture is a flat paint job put on a model when they are far more then that now. You know Donkey Kong's Fur? It's a texture, you know that rock in the distance that actually looks like a rock but doesn't have to be interacted with? It's a texture. You know that foliage you're running through in every game these days? It's usually a texture.

Most of the work in the Crash and Spyro remakes was on making the backgrounds not look like shit in HD, backgrounds that for the most part aren't intractable- hence mostly texture work. The character models themselves where "redone" and I use quotation makrs because most of those models where straight copy pasted out of skylanders.

Now do you still want to try to insult someone with an overly vague statement or do you want to discuss the actual tech hurdle differences between remastering a PS1 game in HD vs remaking an 8 bit monochrome sprite based gameboy game in 3D and HD graphics?

I get people get super salty when Crash or Spyro "remakes" aren't super hyped up because of some nostalgia but they where dollar store remasters, hence the shitty crash 3 physics being copy pasted into 1 and 2 and hence the 8 month dev cycles and hence spyro being so rushed they couldn't even ship the entire game on blu ray discs, hence the MTX not even being finished for CTR and being patched in later LMAO. Comparing it to a game that was in development since MM3D released and just released is how do you say it? There is no comparison. lol.
    I wasn't hyping either of the games, I questioned your understanding of what a texture is and your ongoing rant keeps reinforcing the idea that you really have little understanding what a texture is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I really have to respond to this question again?

Because it seems obvious.

What did they remake? Everything. The only thing they could re-use is the dialogue. Again, this remake started development when MM3D released, in other words it started development long before the crash remasters did and came out nearly 2 years later.

Remember your original post about calling Nintendo on their "bullshit" but claiming games like that took the "same amount of work" yea, not so much friend. Not even close.
    If they had the existing code base and they chose to remake it anyways, then that just seems like poor planning on their part. Recoding everything for the exact same gameplay and result? Seems like a waste rather than something that I should be paying 20 extra dollars for.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't hyping either of the games, I questioned your understanding of what a texture is and your ongoing rant keeps reinforcing the idea that you really have little understanding what a texture is.
    It honestly sounds like he watched a few Digital Foundry vids and now thinks he understands how video game graphics work.

If they had the existing code base and they chose to remake it anyways, then that just seems like poor planning on their part. Recoding everything for the exact same gameplay and result? Seems like a waste rather than something that I should be paying 20 extra dollars for.
    Sorry Nintendo goes the distance for extra polish and didn't just pump out nonsense?

Like, you do realize no matter how it was made, it was going to be $60 either way right?

If they had the existing code base and they chose to remake it anyways, then that just seems like poor planning on their part.
    lol what.

Show me a 8 bit sprite bases game being remastered in a full HD 3D engine that is still using it's original code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Sorry Nintendo goes the distance for extra polish and didn't just pump out nonsense?

Like, you do realize no matter how it was made, it was going to be $60 either way right?
    That's... kinda my whole point.

It honestly sounds like he watched a few Digital Foundry vids and now thinks he understands how video game graphics work.
    Ironic post since I'm the only one in this convo actually talking about how the graphics work, just a bunch of other dudes saying "nuh uh". Wilian was thrown on ignore anyways since his posts are just bait, insults with vague replies and not adding anything to the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what.

Show me a 8 bit sprite bases game being remastered in a full HD 3D engine that is still using it's original code.
    If the code was written in a C based language it wouldn't be hard to port it to a modern engine. Crash and Spyro seemed to accomplish the task just fine. Also the graphics of the game has nothing to do with the gameplay code.

If the code was written in a C based language it wouldn't be hard to port it to a modern engine.
    It's not hard so then show me a game that has done it. For someone who wants to "call Nintendo on their bullshit" the irony seems to be getting deeper and deeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironic post since I'm the only one in this convo actually talking about how the graphics work, just a bunch of other dudes saying "nuh uh". Wilian was thrown on ignore anyways since his posts are just bait, insults with vague replies and not adding anything to the discussion.
    Okay I'll bite. Even if some of things you mentioned are textures that doesn't mean they don't require actual remodeling to accomplish. Normals require sculpted detail in order to generate the normal map. The poly count on the original PS1 models was likely so low that they just had to remodel everything anyways. They had a reference to work with, but so did Link's Awakening.

That's... kinda my whole point.
    Seems like a waste rather than something that I should be paying 20 extra dollars for.
    You're not "paying 20 extra dollars". You're paying the flat amount it was going to be either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not hard so then show me a game that has done it. For someone who wants to "call Nintendo on their bullshit" the irony seems to be getting deeper and deeper.
    I mean... if your claims are true then Spyro and Crash did? UE4 didn't exist when those games were released lol.