Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'm not saying IGN reviewers are full of shit...

...but IGN reviewers might be full of shit.
    How many Pokemon related ads are there on IGN atm?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    1 word describes how bad it is. Shiny.

I would be miffed if I saw one that was 1 level above my badge, yet I couldn't catch it. Defeats the entire purpose of exploration and makes you want to avoid any wild pokemon in the chance you find something really good, but catch get it.
    Shinies are so overrated. I get one like every playthrough and everyone has them these days if not from then making it easier every gen, then from just straight hacking

Because voicing your criticism makes you a child right? The game is legitimately bad. Combine it with their last game, Little Town Hero, it shows that the development team at gamefreak is not that good.
    You can make valid criticism. Whining and making a fuss because you can't catch high level Pokemon to cheese the early game like in the earlier games or because 'shiny!' is the reason is just that: crying.

Then, of course, the whining that IGN and other review sites are giving it a high score much to the internet outrage makes it better.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Because voicing your criticism makes you a child right? The game is legitimately bad. Combine it with their last game, Little Town Hero, it shows that the development team at gamefreak is not that good.
    the game is not bad. this is exactly what people are talking about when they say adults are throwing tantrums. objectively, this game will be a massive success and loved by millions. You thinking its bad doesnt change that. you dont get to decide what is a good or bad game, only if you like it or not.

this game is AMAZING. see i can say anything too.

Don't think about it paypig, just consume product and get excited for the next product!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Shinies are so overrated. I get one like every playthrough and everyone has them these days if not from then making it easier every gen, then from just straight hacking
    Game is fine because stuff can be hacked anyway?

Ok? Good as logic.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post

Ok? Good as logic.
    If shinies are critical to your happiness, just don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'm not saying IGN reviewers are full of shit...

...but IGN reviewers might be full of shit.
    Unless the scores are from the same person it's irrelevant. If anything it just says both are overrated as DQXI has way too may downfalls like shit music, every character but Sylvando being generic and act 3 being more of a grind then an actual fun game. DQXI is literally the definition of an 7-8/10 JRPG, not even close to things like SMT, Persona, Trails etc and it only looks super good if you try to compare it to the shit modern FF games lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    If shinies are critical to your happiness, just don't buy it.
    Pointing out a bad game design is critical to my happiness now?

At least put some effort into it, if you're gonna be a mindless shill. Make it funny, not just depressing by being so mundane as to throw out the typical "DOnT bUY IT ThEN :OoOoo"

Pointing out a bad game design is critical to my happiness now?

At least put some effort into it, if you're gonna be a mindless shill. Make it funny, not just depressing by being so mundane as to throw out the typical "DOnT bUY IT ThEN :OoOoo"
    No. If you don't like this game, don't entertain the idea of buying it. Don't pretend they can flip the switch and make you love it.

But good to know that not buying was a lost conclusion to you.

No. If you don't like this game, don't entertain the idea of buying it. Don't pretend they can flip the switch and make you love it.

But good to know that not buying was a lost conclusion to you.
    I wouldnt know if I like the game or not as its not even out yet.

I do this thing called research where I look at the developer and team/idea behind it and hopefully gameplay without spoiling the in game experience and consider purchasing it or not.

That might seem like a novel approach to someone just sold on brand loyalty but I get it.

If you trust gamefreak the same way i'd be interested in seeing naughty dog or rockstar do something actually interesting with the Pokemon IP I understand. But I pity your artistic sense if you think these games have been amazing and they needed to forwards with them not backwards by making them even easier and making it a rush to gym snorefest
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2019-11-13 at 10:44 PM.

I wouldnt know if I like the game or not as its not even out yet.

I do this thing called research where I look at the developer and team/idea behind it and hopefully gameplay without spoiling the in game experience and consider purchasing it or not.

That might seem like a novel approach to someone just sold on brand loyalty but I get it.

If you trust gamefreak the same way i'd be interested in seeing naughty dog or rockstar do something actually interesting with the Pokemon IP I understand. But I pity your artistic sense if you think these games have been amazing
    Weird how I never called them amazing. I guess your wounded pride made you see that. Let me play the smallest violin in the world for you.

BTW, if you did research and determined it's bad, how do not know if you don't like it? Is it because your opinion isn't your own? Something you got from a YouTuber since you can't figure out you don't like it?

So beat Hacker's Memory today. Still need to do the Colosseum in both games, and there is still one postgame boss in Cyber Sleuth and the postgame dungeon of Hacker's memory left.

Here's my final parties:

Having Lilithmon and Mastemon for Hacker's Memory finale felt like cheating. Lilithmon does around 1000 damage per hit (last boss has 3000 HP per phase) and Mastemon's special is flat removal of 25% of every enemy's remaining health, and it is not restricted on bosses.

Weird how I never called them amazing. I guess your wounded pride made you see that. Let me play the smallest violin in the world for you.

BTW, if you did research and determined it's bad, how do not know if you don't like it? Is it because your opinion isn't your own? Something you got from a YouTuber since you can't figure out you don't like it?
    Youtube, no no. I let reddit meme's make up my mind for me. But dont get me wrong, I love a good click bait video to help me along

Not my own experience and as I said, actually playing/watching the material. Which I havent yet so I havent made a decision either way. But warning lights are a screaming.

Youtube, no no. I let reddit meme's make up my mind for me. But dont get me wrong, I love a good click bait video to help me along

Not my own experience and as I said, actually playing/watching the material. Which I havent yet so I havent made a decision either way. But warning lights are a screaming.
    So. You say it's a bad game. But you'll still consider buying it.

Why are you insulting me again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because voicing your criticism makes you a child right?
    In itself there is nothing wrong with criticising the games, but it became a farce for a lot of people (atleast in this thread) because of people like Lahis that had multiple mental breakdowns because of these games in the last few weeks/month and a lot of the fair criticpoints get tainted by a sour aftertaste because of the overzealous "true and pure pokemonfan" crusaders.

Just as always, a crying yelling vocal minority is making it worse for everyone involved.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok? Good as logic.
    Did I say the whole game was fine? I said who cares about random shines you wont use when you'll just farm the ones you want post game anyway. But people wanted a more open world so there had to be a trade off for gameplay purposes so here you go.

You should really learn how games work and think about not only the sum of its parts, but the whole picture.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-11-14 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You can make valid criticism. Whining and making a fuss because you can't catch high level Pokemon to cheese the early game like in the earlier games or because 'shiny!' is the reason is just that: crying.
    It's funny you should word it like that, because making it so that you can't catch the higher level pokemon does not in any way prevent you from cheesing any level of the game. You can still fight them, and you can beat them after some level grind, and then you can easily level grind off of them since they are guaranteed spawns. Their presence probably makes cheesing the game easier since you know exactly what you're going to be fighting every time.

But from what I've read this is actually unnecessary since you can cheese the dynamax "raids" with the help of NPC trainers and they drop rare candies on top of giving extra experience.

So Game Freak added a new way to cheese that might break Chester's scale of cheesiness. What's above dangerously cheesy?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    the game is not bad. this is exactly what people are talking about when they say adults are throwing tantrums. objectively, this game will be a massive success and loved by millions. You thinking its bad doesnt change that. you dont get to decide what is a good or bad game, only if you like it or not.

this game is AMAZING. see i can say anything too.
    Its not exactly what people are talking about. First, people are wanting to catch a pokemon that is 1 - 2 levels higher. you never could go and catch a pokemon high enough to cheese the game. Even if you did get one, it would only listen very rarely.

If you looked into it, you would see the ton of valid complaints. Most of which is better discussed in the pokemon thread.I highly doubt this game will be a success at all. Its missing a lot of features and shows horrible coding everywhere you look. You can't even trade with other players across the world anymore, just putting even more of a highlight to gamefreaks lack of ability this time around.

They have not been having success as a company publishing games recently. The only question is, what is Nintendo doing? If this keeps up, pokemon won't be the system mover that it once was. Its already going to be a hard sell during the next games because of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    In itself there is nothing wrong with criticising the games, but it became a farce for a lot of people (atleast in this thread) because of people like Lahis that had multiple mental breakdowns because of these games in the last few weeks/month and a lot of the fair criticpoints get tainted by a sour aftertaste because of the overzealous "true and pure pokemonfan" crusaders.

Just as always, a crying yelling vocal minority is making it worse for everyone involved.
    Agreed. There is legitimately a lot wrong with these games. Its just that its been such a focal point for so long on one thing. Its really a wonder what Nintendos move is going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not exactly what people are talking about. First, people are wanting to catch a pokemon that is 1 - 2 levels higher. you never could go and catch a pokemon high enough to cheese the game. Even if you did get one, it would only listen very rarely.

If you looked into it, you would see the ton of valid complaints. Most of which is better discussed in the pokemon thread.I highly doubt this game will be a success at all. Its missing a lot of features and shows horrible coding everywhere you look. You can't even trade with other players across the world anymore, just putting even more of a highlight to gamefreaks lack of ability this time around.

They have not been having success as a company publishing games recently. The only question is, what is Nintendo doing? If this keeps up, pokemon won't be the system mover that it once was. Its already going to be a hard sell during the next games because of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. There is legitimately a lot wrong with these games. Its just that its been such a focal point for so long on one thing. Its really a wonder what Nintendos move is going to be.
    Its funny people think nintendo is some savior that's gonna give gf a talking to for “ruining” their imagine and make them develop better games that the fans really want when i have 2 words for you: federation force