Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    X and y are still the easiest
    I mean, Let's Go still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm sure Tech614 is capable of answering the question by himself.
    Don't want others to chime in then take it to a PM.

You are bitching about difficulty in a game series that has never had any.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, Let's Go still exists.
    Literally forgot because tired from convention

You edited so I will address that bit - Aka the "No true scotsman" argument.

The difficulty is the "straw that broke the camels back"... Except it's far more than a straw because the game is the easiest so far by a considerable margin (an opinion expressed and demonstrated widely on the internet) by default of the always on shared XP levelling among other aspects. But in your view the game can just keep getting easier and it doesn't make the game worse because "real fans" don't buy the game for difficulty, they can just keep making the game easier and you will still buy it and say "this is a good game, I am having fun" as you mash A through the entire game.

By all means give me a good argument why the game would not benefit from a difficulty selection to cater to players older than 7? You can't give me one because it does not exist, so cut the shit. The old games being easy is not a free pass for them to keep getting easier without criticism, nor do the games get a free pass for being too easy just because the previous ones are too easy... It's like saying "oh the last game was shit, so the next game can be shit too and I won't complain".

This is without even getting into the fact that the games are undercooked, lacking content/features and generally mediocre glorified 3DS ports.

I'm sure Tech614 is capable of answering the question by himself.
    Pokemon has never been hard. So this 'straw that broke the camels' back should've been broken for you back in Pokemon Blue/Red/Green.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't want others to chime in then take it to a PM.
    I asked him specifically in a post he quoted me, I didn't want other people to answer the question for him. If someone asks me a question, I don't expect someone to answer it on my behalf.

You are bitching about difficulty in a game series that has never had any
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Pokemon has never been hard. So this 'straw that broke the camels' back should've been broken for you back in Pokemon Blue/Red/Green.
    This is the same flawed argument. You're basically saying "The previous games were easy, so future games are immune to criticism on that topic". You're also ignoring that easy in an old game may represent the number 10/30, while easy in the new game may represent 5/30 and your argument is that it's fine because you don't recognise the difference between 5-10, you only recognise that 10 seems low and then ignore the following observation.

Tell me why the game wouldn't benefit from a difficulty mode? Tell me how the game would suffer by offering players the option of choosing a more challenging play through?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Except it's far more than a straw because the game is the easiest so far by a considerable margin (an opinion expressed and demonstrated widely on the internet)
    Based off what? Anecdotal nostalgia? I don't see you backing it up with any factual data.

A game series that has always been piss easy and designed so young children can complete the SP campaign isn't hard- someone stop the presses and get this review out ASAP!

I asked him specifically in a post he quoted me, I didn't want other people to answer the question for him. If someone asks me a question, I don't expect someone to answer it on my behalf.

This is the same flawed argument. You're basically saying "The previous games were easy, so future games are immune to criticism on that topic". You're also ignoring that easy in an old game may represent the number 10/30, while easy in the new game may represent 5/30 and your argument is that it's fine because you don't recognise the difference between 5-10, you only recognise that 10 seems low.

Tell me why the game wouldn't benefit from a difficulty mode? Tell me how the game would suffer by offering players the option of choosing a more challenging play through?
    Never change a running system. The difficulty is on par with any other pokemon game. If you start to not like it anymore - that's solely your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Based off what? Anecdotal nostalgia? I don't see you backing it up with any factual data.

A game series that has always been piss easy and designed so young children can complete the SP campaign isn't hard- someone stop the presses and get this review out ASAP!
    3 times you've had the opportunity to address the point I made in my first post, 3 times you have not even attempted it. Tell me why the game wouldn't benefit from a difficulty mode? Tell me how the game would suffer by offering players the option of choosing a more challenging play through?

I really don't care what you want.

You are bitching about difficulty in a series that has never had any. No pokemon game was ever going to be for you if difficulty is your issue.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I'll chime in, the difficulty of the game is what you make it to be. You can totally skip most battles and make the game more difficult by not getting all that extra experience from battling random pokemon. All it really does though is make it so you are buying a lot of potions / super potions /revives / etc. in order to beat the trainers / gym leaders.

If you are complaining about difficulty, make the game more challenging for yourself by underleveling / picking non-optimal pokemon for gyms. Same with all of the older pokemon games.

3 times you've had the opportunity to address the point I made in my first post, 3 times you have not even attempted it. Tell me why the game wouldn't benefit from a difficulty mode? Tell me how the game would suffer by offering players the option of choosing a more challenging play through?
    Why should the game offer a difficulty mode? There is things you can do in it yourself to make it harder if need be.

This is a series catered to kids, its to be fully expected to not be hard at all. Pokemon has never been known about its difficulty and it never will be.

Its a entry level JRPG, To even make it harder you would have to change core concepts of the game and that would be dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy this...

This is the quickest I have ever seen a game go from E rated to A rated LOL. This is a legit thing that can happen via the Pokemon using Dive.
    Just saw this on twitter.

RIP Pikachu, We knew Eevee replaced you but you didn't have to go out like this.

I'm still wondering why you expected a Pokemon game to be hard in the first place. I'm still wondering why you expected them to add difficulty options(which lets be honest, if you look at turn based JRPGs that do this they are mostly fluff already) and I'm still wondering why someone who so mad about this Pokemon game is mad the game wasn't made for them instead of going and playing a game they would enjoy instead.

This may come as a shock to you, but not every game is meant for you. Difficulty mode would also likely do jack shit. Persona 5 on Hard is still easy. Cold Steel 1-4 are still a joke on Nightmare. Those games have a hell of a lot more going on then Pokemon mechanically too. The only time straight up turn based combat against AI is difficult is when you lack comprehension of the mechanics and how to turn them to your will, or your load out is trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    While pokemon has always been an easy series, there's still been different degrees of how easy it is within that. It's a falsehood to claim that pokemon have always been as easy as the last couple of generations.

E.g once upon a time the character serving as your rival in them used to pick the pokemon you had a type weakness towards, along with this happening in games that weren't as generous with XP sharing. The opposite has been the case for a while now in Pokemon games.

Stop dodging my question, tell me why the game would not benefit from difficulty options to cater to more players?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really don't care what you want.

You are bitching about difficulty in a series that has never had any. No pokemon game was ever going to be for you if difficulty is your issue.
    The core of your argument is like saying that Normal and LFR difficulty in WoW have no difference, the basis of your argument requires you to ignore the relative nature of the discussion.

Me : The game is easier than ever
    You : The game was always easy
    Me : Yes and now it's easier than before
    You : But the game was already easy.
    Me : So why is hard mode a bad thing
    You: The game was easy before, so thats why, If you don't like it don't play it.
    Me : Right so why would a difficulty option be bad for the game
    You: The game is not for you because it was always easy

We're just going around in circles as you refuse to even look at or address the topic. It's like "we shouldn't change racism because we've always been racist".... Oh well, I guess discussion over guys.

I'm still wondering why you expected a Pokemon game to be hard in the first place. I'm still wondering why you expected them to add difficulty options(which lets be honest, if you look at turn based JRPGs that do this they are mostly fluff already) and I'm still wondering why someone who so mad about this Pokemon game is mad the game wasn't made for them instead of going and playing a game they would enjoy instead.

This may come as a shock to you, but not every game is meant for you. Difficulty mode would also likely do jack shit. Persona 5 on Hard is still easy. Cold Steel 1-4 are still a joke on Nightmare. The only time straight up turn based combat against AI is difficult is when you lack comprehension of the mechanics and how to turn them to your will, or your load out is trash.
    I'm not mad at the game, this is actually more a personal annoyance at some of you posters specifically. How blatantly programmed your thinking is on the topic that you wouldn't even entertain the idea that the game could be improved by some simple features. That you blindly defend the game rather than acknowledge its weak points.

I've never seen such a closed book on the topic. And to just point out the echo-chamber going on in this thread, the top comment on the top Reddit thread on the discussion is actually saying the same thing that I am. https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...hield_switchs/
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-11-17 at 04:31 AM.

The last Pokemon game I played was Diamond. And I played it hardcore. Battles all day. I still remember leveling to 100 just by fighting lv3 Metapods for def EVs.

And now bought shield and it's extremely fun. I'm even enjoying the story and wild area. Overall I would rate this game a 9/10 and a 10/10 for a pokemon game.

The best things are the QOL changes, tho. Every corner a healer, flying super early and box from everywhere. Just great changes.

Stop dodging my question
    There is no question to dodge, please show me all the turn based JRPGs you have beaten on hard and how they benefited from it.

How are they gonna make Pokemon harder? Add higher damage modifiers for the AI then you? Cripple your xp gain and just force you to grind? Because that is generally the only thing the genre does on higher difficulty settings sorry to give you the bad news. Persona 5 didn't magically become a hard game on hard, neither would Pokemon.

Stop dodging my question, tell me why the game would not benefit from difficulty options to cater to more players?

The core of your argument is like saying that Normal and LFR difficulty in WoW have no difference, the basis of your argument requires you to ignore the relative nature of the discussion.

Me : The game is easier than ever
    You : The game was always easy
    Me : Yes and now it's easier than before
    You : But the game was already easy.
    Me : So why is hard mode a bad thing
    You: The game was easy before, so thats why, If you don't like it don't play it.
    Me : Right so why would a difficulty option be bad for the game
    You: The game is not for you because it was always easy

We're just going around in circles as you refuse to even look at or address the topic. It's like "we shouldn't change racism because we've always been racist".... Oh well, I guess discussion over guys.
    ???

The difficulty is on par with any other pokemon game. IT WOULD BE STUPID TO CHANGE THAT - CAUSE IT'S PART OF THE IMMENSE SUCCESS. What's so difficult about understanding that?

You want something that's not pokemon. That's okay there are plenty of other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You want something that's not pokemon. That's okay there are plenty of other games.
    He should probably go play Nocturne but since he found previous Pokemon games "harder" I'm not sure he is ready for trying to figure out how to counter constant insta kill moves which is what it takes to make a JRPG actually hard.

There is no question to dodge, please show me all the turn based JRPGs you have beaten on hard and how they benefited from it.

How are they gonna make Pokemon harder? Add higher damage modifiers for the AI then you? Cripple your xp gain and just force you to grind? Because that is generally the only thing the genre does on higher difficulty settings sorry to give you the bad news. Persona 5 didn't magically become a hard game on hard, neither would Pokemon.
    You have still dodged the question. And of course hard mode requires more XP grind, one of the biggest problems with the game is the auto-xp share. Higher damage modifiers is not required, because you simply level balance things accordingly and program AI to use more effective strategies, less of the strategies where a completely useless combination of moves is used giving a free win.

And I'm not the game designer here, give them credit where due if they wanted to add a difficulty selection to the game they could. What benefit do you get? I'll use a WoW example again, what benefit do you get from the game being harder than LFR? Did you ever play Pokemon Stadium? The game was rock hard, I would have never had so many fond memories if it was an easy tourist exhibition.

Please tell me why the game would not benefit from having multiple difficulty modes. Do other games suffer from having multiple difficulty modes?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    ???

The difficulty is on par with any other pokemon game. IT WOULD BE STUPID TO CHANGE THAT - CAUSE IT'S PART OF THE IMMENSE SUCCESS. What's so difficult about understanding that?

You blind or what? Difficulty option, you don't have to change fuck all because you offer 2 separate experiences, it's not a new concept.

He should probably go play Nocturne but since he found previous Pokemon games "harder" I'm not sure he is ready for trying to figure out how to counter constant insta kill moves which is what it takes to make a JRPG actually hard.
    "You want difficulty, I'll show you difficulty, hur hur hur".

Grow up.

"You want difficulty, I'll show you difficulty, hur hur hur".
    Grow up? It's a friendly suggestion. Go play SMT3 if you want a challenging turn based monster collecting game. Pokemon has never been this, and it takes cheap tactics to even make a turn based game hard in the first place.