Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I don't know that I'd called mid-January "not too long ago"... I was hoping there was some new tidbit kicking about but i guess not
    wow, i thought it was around june. Time flies

I don't know that I'd called mid-January "not too long ago"... I was hoping there was some new tidbit kicking about but i guess not
    I mean, how fast do you think game development moves along. Most games aren't even announced until they are within 1 year or less of release. The project being scrapped Retro taking on the project from scratch basically means don't expect it until 2022 or later. It will probably be a release in the twilight years of the OG Switch's life.

Nintendo should have never caved into pressure from MP fans and announced it in the first place tbh. Most of the Switch games have been announced and released within a years time, that is about right. MP4 and Bayonetta 3 where announced WAY WAY WAY too early.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 months isn't that long if they rebooted development of it. Probably shouldn't expect anything about Metroid Prime 4 to get announced until 2021 at earliest, and with that they'll probably save trilogy ports until then to use them to build hype for 4.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Im 97 hours into the PS4 version, which has less content, and apparently i'm just over 2/3rds done. 100 hours is definitely lowballing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I really think the colours are a sign of which from the launch stuff will give you trouble. Everyone i know with blue/red have no problems, everyone with the grey has so many issues with the left one.
    Blue one was onr of the bad ones for us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, how fast do you think game development moves along. Most games aren't even announced until they are within 1 year or less of release. The project being scrapped Retro taking on the project from scratch basically means don't expect it until 2022 or later. It will probably be a release in the twilight years of the OG Switch's life.

Nintendo should have never caved into pressure from MP fans and announced it in the first place tbh. Most of the Switch games have been announced and released within a years time, that is about right. MP4 and Bayonetta 3 where announced WAY WAY WAY too early.
    A non-mmo game takes about two years, and that's assuming it's not just the yearly rehash so popular with EA and Activision which they can crank out in about four months.

Almost ten months in from Retro taking over, I'm not expecting cutscenes and gameplay but maybe just a "hey, development is going well and we should be ready to show some screenshots or something by [month]" would be nice. Let us know they weren't all eaten by zombies, you know?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

A non-mmo game takes about two years
    What.

It took retro more then 3 years to make DKCTF which was a 2.5D platformer. In what universe do you think they're gonna churn out an AAA FPS in 2 years?

This wasn't a kickstarted game, they don't owe you any development updates. They shouldn't show shit until they are comfortable showing it which will likely be years from now.

15+ Year Old Account
    A non-mmo game takes about two years, and that's assuming it's not just the yearly rehash so popular with EA and Activision which they can crank out in about four months.

Almost ten months in from Retro taking over, I'm not expecting cutscenes and gameplay but maybe just a "hey, development is going well and we should be ready to show some screenshots or something by [month]" would be nice. Let us know they weren't all eaten by zombies, you know?
    Lol. Re2 was announced and they didnt say a single thing about it for 3 years and its probably the best game of the year. When a dev is confident in their game they just let it be made.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo is very notorious about keeping projects under wraps until they are ready to do a reveal. If anything, don't expect anything until E3 next summer, if we are lucky.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    9 months isn’t long in dev time.
    Not anymore no, but it was forever back in the 90's. Doom 1 was made in like 3 or 4 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those that missed the news:

October 10 (Update)

Additional Battle Mode
    Battle-dedicated mode with one-versus-one and two-versus-two rules.
    Ranking (bounty).

Early November (Update)

Collaboration Numbers 1, 2, and 3
    Collaboration mechs and costumes with popular contents.

Late November (Major Update)

Additional Order
    Co-op play-dedicated order.
    New bosses, weapons, and armor.

December (Major Update)

Additional Order
    Co-op play-dedicated order with new rule.
    New weapons and armor.
    Other elements currently under consideration.

(update is free mind you -- game does have some cosmetic options on nintendo shop, but they are kinda..ugly)

Also this game pretty much sold out in Japan.

Ah the ole games as a service bill of goods. Ship a bad game but don't worry we'll fix it later with updates. I didn't realize this game had cosmetic MTX lmao, so it basically is in the same mold as Anthem then.

Square-enix begs to differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Square-enix begs to differ.
    Well yea, but even studios that have their shit together beg to differ. Anyone churning out a game in 2 years is making a pretty small scale game, definitely no where close to what MP4 will likely be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the ole games as a service bill of goods. Ship a bad game but don't worry we'll fix it later with updates. I didn't realize this game had cosmetic MTX lmao, so it basically is in the same mold as Anthem then.
    Its pretty finished game, unlike anthem. Those updates are a pretty much just some bugfixes that they didnt find out and are reported now. (like a npc getting stuck somewhere on map -- happened to me once)

Anyway i will list a prices on store items here as its hard to find them on net:
    Crusader arensal (skin over your robot) -- 4 euro
    Bundle of hairstyles (6 in total --- each seperate is 1 euro) --5 euro
    Those are mostly just npcs you meet in game hairstyles
    Face cosmetic bundle (6 in total --- each 1 euro) -- 5 euro
    They all look kinda ugly. (but they dont matter as in endgame you wear a robotic helmet)
    Arensal pattern bundle (5 in total -- each 1 euro if seperate) -- 4 euro
    (those are skins you can replace if you dont like coloring -- but you get shitload of them in game already)
    Pearl, Champagne, Waves, Blossoms and Wood Grain.

Here are anthem prices:
    500 Shards: $4.99/£3.99
    1050 Shards: $9.99/£7.99
    2200 Shards: $19.99/£15.99
    4600 Shards: $39.99/£31.99

850 shards for a armor --- its more greddy that for sure. 8.5 times more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its pretty finished game.
    Doubtful, considering it already missed deadlines multiple times and is getting entire game modes patched in post launch.

Those updates are a pretty much just some bugfixes that they didnt find out and are reported now. (like a npc getting stuck somewhere on map -- happened to me once)
    So the full on GAAS mode, let players beta test the game and fix it later.

Price stuff snip
    MTX are MTX, especially in a $60 game that isn't finished and needs updates for months to be finished. All I'm seeing is a double standard because the game was published by Nintendo(Marvelous in Japan) and not EA. Oh and guess what with each update that MTX list will increase with more and more because that's what these games do.

With this route being taken by Marvelous I have to say my interest in RF5 and SoS is plummeting, because those are perfect games to try to sneak MTX into as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful, considering it already missed deadlines multiple times and is getting entire game modes patched in post launch.

So the full on GAAS mode, let players beta test the game and fix it later.

MTX are MTX, especially in a $60 game that isn't finished and needs updates for months to be finished. All I'm seeing is a double standard because the game was published by Nintendo(Marvelous in Japan) and not EA. Oh and guess what with each update that MTX list will increase with more and more because that's what these games do.

With this route being taken by Marvelous I have to say my interest in RF5 and SoS is plummeting, because those are perfect games to try to sneak MTX into as well.
    Well pvp is just a bonus here. But unlike for example like dragon quest builders 2, you are not asked to dish money to be even able to change your hair. (wich was added later)
    Bugs are very rare mind you. I seen 2 in total in 80 hours.

And you can just try the demo and it wont cost you a dime (unlike some publishers hiding beta game behind sub to their service).
    For solo its a full game and this matters and it doesnt need always online trash like Gaas games.
    Game was a beta test half a year ago when they put 1.st demo on e-shop and they took feedback and changed game for better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    they took feedback and changed game for better.
    They took the feedback and released this: https://www.opencritic.com/game/8250/daemon-x-machina Let's put this in WoW terms, the game parsed a 48th percentile. I kick people from my raid team for consistently performing below 80th percentile so... If I was the CEO they would pretty much all be fired(in before someone doesn't get this is a joke and takes it seriously).

I mean they somehow managed to release an even worse game then Code Vein which is saying something. I think they won the worst $60 game of Sep award.

Also just to add there is no way I would even waste time playing a demo of a game I knew I wouldn't like from the first direct it was shown and was repeatedly proven at every direct it was shown at. I can boot up Xenoblade X on the Wii U and get a far better mech experience then this cheap attempt at a neglected genre, and hell in X it wasn't even the main point of the game just a bonus.

$60 game.

Bad reception.

Needs updates to fix bugs and add game modes.

MTX.

It literally checks all the boxes to think someone believe it is a game published by EA if you left out details like name so... The only reason someone like Jim Sterling hasn't already made a video roasting it is because the game is too obscure and shitty for him to realize it exists lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-30 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They took the feedback and released this: https://www.opencritic.com/game/8250/daemon-x-machina Let's put this in WoW terms, the game parsed a 48th percentile. I kick people from my raid team for consistently performing below 80th percentile so... If I was the CEO they would pretty much all be fired(in before someone doesn't get this is a joke and takes it seriously).

I mean they somehow managed to release an even worse game then Code Vein which is saying something. I think they won the worst $60 game of Sep award.

Also just to add there is no way I would even waste time playing a demo of a game I knew I wouldn't like from the first direct it was shown and was repeatedly proven at every direct it was shown at. I can boot up Xenoblade X on the Wii U and get a far better mech experience then this cheap attempt at a neglected genre, and hell in X it wasn't even the main point of the game just a bonus.

$60 game.

Bad reception.

Needs updates to fix bugs and add game modes.

MTX.

It literally checks all the boxes to think someone believe it is a game published by EA if you left out details like name so... The only reason someone like Jim Sterling hasn't already made a video roasting it is because the game is too obscure and shitty for him to realize it exists lol.
    Ah..right i did read some of those critics. They just dont like mecha games in general (heck its a non-existant market). I seen some steam early games similar to it and they were all .... lacking.
    This was made by a Armored Core developer who had the idea on wtf was he doing:

Just in the 4 reviews highlighted on that have 2 are 6/10 and both say they like mech games and this isn't the game they have been waiting for and fails in most regards so sorry the excuse they don't like the genre ain't really flying here. Especially with the bigger companies that strictly match reviews to player preference to be fair to games/publishers.

But I'm sure the reviews are wrong, like they where wrong about the bad music that you proved wrong by linking some songs no one in this thread thought where good lol.

It's ok to like a game that most others don't so don't get me wrong but not only is the game getting meh to bad reviews you enlightened me in this post that it needs updates to complete and and has MTX so I'm just laughing at that fact. Nintendo should try to sell publishing rights to EA so they can have a presence on the Switch it would fit right in with their catalog lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-30 at 11:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean its marvelous and they made senran kagura games so it was never gonna do well or be that great anyway