Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Square-enix begs to differ.
    Well yea, but even studios that have their shit together beg to differ. Anyone churning out a game in 2 years is making a pretty small scale game, definitely no where close to what MP4 will likely be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ah the ole games as a service bill of goods. Ship a bad game but don't worry we'll fix it later with updates. I didn't realize this game had cosmetic MTX lmao, so it basically is in the same mold as Anthem then.
    Its pretty finished game, unlike anthem. Those updates are a pretty much just some bugfixes that they didnt find out and are reported now. (like a npc getting stuck somewhere on map -- happened to me once)

Anyway i will list a prices on store items here as its hard to find them on net:
    Crusader arensal (skin over your robot) -- 4 euro
    Bundle of hairstyles (6 in total --- each seperate is 1 euro) --5 euro
    Those are mostly just npcs you meet in game hairstyles
    Face cosmetic bundle (6 in total --- each 1 euro) -- 5 euro
    They all look kinda ugly. (but they dont matter as in endgame you wear a robotic helmet)
    Arensal pattern bundle (5 in total -- each 1 euro if seperate) -- 4 euro
    (those are skins you can replace if you dont like coloring -- but you get shitload of them in game already)
    Pearl, Champagne, Waves, Blossoms and Wood Grain.

Here are anthem prices:
    500 Shards: $4.99/£3.99
    1050 Shards: $9.99/£7.99
    2200 Shards: $19.99/£15.99
    4600 Shards: $39.99/£31.99

850 shards for a armor --- its more greddy that for sure. 8.5 times more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its pretty finished game.
    Doubtful, considering it already missed deadlines multiple times and is getting entire game modes patched in post launch.

Those updates are a pretty much just some bugfixes that they didnt find out and are reported now. (like a npc getting stuck somewhere on map -- happened to me once)
    So the full on GAAS mode, let players beta test the game and fix it later.

Price stuff snip
    MTX are MTX, especially in a $60 game that isn't finished and needs updates for months to be finished. All I'm seeing is a double standard because the game was published by Nintendo(Marvelous in Japan) and not EA. Oh and guess what with each update that MTX list will increase with more and more because that's what these games do.

With this route being taken by Marvelous I have to say my interest in RF5 and SoS is plummeting, because those are perfect games to try to sneak MTX into as well.

Doubtful, considering it already missed deadlines multiple times and is getting entire game modes patched in post launch.

So the full on GAAS mode, let players beta test the game and fix it later.

MTX are MTX, especially in a $60 game that isn't finished and needs updates for months to be finished. All I'm seeing is a double standard because the game was published by Nintendo(Marvelous in Japan) and not EA. Oh and guess what with each update that MTX list will increase with more and more because that's what these games do.

With this route being taken by Marvelous I have to say my interest in RF5 and SoS is plummeting, because those are perfect games to try to sneak MTX into as well.
    Well pvp is just a bonus here. But unlike for example like dragon quest builders 2, you are not asked to dish money to be even able to change your hair. (wich was added later)
    Bugs are very rare mind you. I seen 2 in total in 80 hours.

And you can just try the demo and it wont cost you a dime (unlike some publishers hiding beta game behind sub to their service).
    For solo its a full game and this matters and it doesnt need always online trash like Gaas games.
    Game was a beta test half a year ago when they put 1.st demo on e-shop and they took feedback and changed game for better.

they took feedback and changed game for better.
    They took the feedback and released this: https://www.opencritic.com/game/8250/daemon-x-machina Let's put this in WoW terms, the game parsed a 48th percentile. I kick people from my raid team for consistently performing below 80th percentile so... If I was the CEO they would pretty much all be fired(in before someone doesn't get this is a joke and takes it seriously).

I mean they somehow managed to release an even worse game then Code Vein which is saying something. I think they won the worst $60 game of Sep award.

Also just to add there is no way I would even waste time playing a demo of a game I knew I wouldn't like from the first direct it was shown and was repeatedly proven at every direct it was shown at. I can boot up Xenoblade X on the Wii U and get a far better mech experience then this cheap attempt at a neglected genre, and hell in X it wasn't even the main point of the game just a bonus.

$60 game.

Bad reception.

Needs updates to fix bugs and add game modes.

MTX.

It literally checks all the boxes to think someone believe it is a game published by EA if you left out details like name so... The only reason someone like Jim Sterling hasn't already made a video roasting it is because the game is too obscure and shitty for him to realize it exists lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-30 at 09:06 PM.

They took the feedback and released this: https://www.opencritic.com/game/8250/daemon-x-machina Let's put this in WoW terms, the game parsed a 48th percentile. I kick people from my raid team for consistently performing below 80th percentile so... If I was the CEO they would pretty much all be fired(in before someone doesn't get this is a joke and takes it seriously).

I mean they somehow managed to release an even worse game then Code Vein which is saying something. I think they won the worst $60 game of Sep award.

Also just to add there is no way I would even waste time playing a demo of a game I knew I wouldn't like from the first direct it was shown and was repeatedly proven at every direct it was shown at. I can boot up Xenoblade X on the Wii U and get a far better mech experience then this cheap attempt at a neglected genre, and hell in X it wasn't even the main point of the game just a bonus.

$60 game.

Bad reception.

Needs updates to fix bugs and add game modes.

MTX.

It literally checks all the boxes to think someone believe it is a game published by EA if you left out details like name so... The only reason someone like Jim Sterling hasn't already made a video roasting it is because the game is too obscure and shitty for him to realize it exists lol.
    Ah..right i did read some of those critics. They just dont like mecha games in general (heck its a non-existant market). I seen some steam early games similar to it and they were all .... lacking.
    This was made by a Armored Core developer who had the idea on wtf was he doing:

Just in the 4 reviews highlighted on that have 2 are 6/10 and both say they like mech games and this isn't the game they have been waiting for and fails in most regards so sorry the excuse they don't like the genre ain't really flying here. Especially with the bigger companies that strictly match reviews to player preference to be fair to games/publishers.

But I'm sure the reviews are wrong, like they where wrong about the bad music that you proved wrong by linking some songs no one in this thread thought where good lol.

It's ok to like a game that most others don't so don't get me wrong but not only is the game getting meh to bad reviews you enlightened me in this post that it needs updates to complete and and has MTX so I'm just laughing at that fact. Nintendo should try to sell publishing rights to EA so they can have a presence on the Switch it would fit right in with their catalog lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-09-30 at 11:58 PM.

I mean its marvelous and they made senran kagura games so it was never gonna do well or be that great anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean its marvelous and they made senran kagura games so it was never gonna do well or be that great anyway
    Well tehnicaly i was made by Tamsoft.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamsoft
    DxM was made by Marvelous First Studio wich is seperate from publisher.
    Different people behind games = different skills.

Well tehnicaly i was made by Tamsoft.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamsoft
    DxM was made by Marvelous First Studio wich is seperate from publisher.
    Different people behind games = different skills.
    While i got the devs wrong its still under marvelous and you can expect low budget, not very good games with mtx out of them.

Holy fuck Nintendo....

I've had my Lite since release and it already seems like I'm having issues out of the left Joy-Con.

Going to test it in Breath or the Wild and other games shortly. But in Links Awakening all night long I keep having moments where my character just stops moving....

Edit: Yep getting pauses in the menu and in Enter The Gungeon...

I am so fucken pissed right now. Going to just take back tomorrow and get it swapped out for a Version 2, So at least if that breaks I can replace the fucken Joy-Con's....

I didn't even have issues out of my original switch but not even a month old and I am with this one..
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-10-03 at 08:17 AM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Holy fuck Nintendo....

I've had my Lite since release and it already seems like I'm having issues out of the left Joy-Con.

Going to test it in Breath or the Wild and other games shortly. But in Links Awakening all night long I keep having moments where my character just stops moving....

Edit: Yep getting pauses in the menu and in Enter The Gungeon...

I am so fucken pissed right now. Going to just take back tomorrow and get it swapped out for a Version 2, So at least if that breaks I can replace the fucken Joy-Con's....

I didn't even have issues out of my original switch but not even a month old and I am with this one..
    Massive lawsuit soon?
    I have 3ds older than this and it still works fine buttonwise.

Massive lawsuit soon?
    I have 3ds older than this and it still works fine buttonwise.
    This is RROD levels of bad if it hits wipe spread. With the normal switch if a Joy-Con breaks you can just replace it at any local store. With the Switch Lite it outright breaks the system.

Mine isn't drifting, Its stopping input all together. From what I have been reading the Lite is already added to the current lawsuit. Nintendo cheapen out hard on this and its going to rightfully bite them in the ass.

What a great way to continue my shitty day, My Lite not even being two weeks old is broke...ffs

Seems the thing I was worried about with the system is going to happen and stores like Gamestop are going to be hit with a shit ton of returns.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

So I've noticed that my switch in docked mode seems to have joystick drift as well. Specifically, when I play Hallow Knight, the main character keeps doing up attacks even though I'm not holding up. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? This is a normal switch that I've had since 2017, I don't believe I have a warranty. Am I fucked?

Mine isn't drifting, Its stopping input all together. From what I have been reading the Lite is already added to the current lawsuit. Nintendo cheapen out hard on this and its going to rightfully bite them in the ass.
    That is an obviously unique issue with your Lite then. The lawsuit is specifically addressing the joycon drift which is a known and more widespread flaw with the current design.
    Still, this is a good reason why nobody should buy the Switch Lite over the regular model. I currently have a backup pair of Joycons in case the ones I'm currently using start to drift. At least I'll still be able to play my Switch while the faulty Joycons are sent off for repairs. If they start to drift on the Lite, however. You're pretty much screwed.

As an addendum. Both pairs of Joycons I currently own have been sent in for repairs... TWICE!
    Nintendo really need to get their shit together.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-10-03 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    That is an obviously unique issue with your Lite then. The lawsuit is specifically addressing the joycon drift which is a known and more widespread flaw with the current design.
    Still, this is a good reason why nobody should buy the Switch Lite over the regular model. I currently have a backup pair of Joycons in case the ones I'm currently using start to drift. At least I'll still be able to play my Switch while the faulty Joycons are sent off for repairs. If they start to drift on the Lite, however. You're pretty much screwed.

As an addendum. Both pairs of Joycons I currently own have been sent in for repairs... TWICE!
    Nintendo really need to get their shit together.
    I have one of those 8bitDo adapters so I can use my ps4/xbox controller with mine. Way cheaper than buying another set of joycons and the DS4 has gyro functionality, in addition to rumble, so it can be used for every game.
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2019-10-03 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So I've noticed that my switch in docked mode seems to have joystick drift as well. Specifically, when I play Hallow Knight, the main character keeps doing up attacks even though I'm not holding up. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? This is a normal switch that I've had since 2017, I don't believe I have a warranty. Am I fucked?
    The drift is in the JoyCons. It will happen regardless the mode you play in.

That is an obviously unique issue with your Lite then.
    While that issue is unique to my system (so far), The Lite still has Joy-Con issues and more reports keep coming out about it.

It has even reached a point where Nintendo has filed for a new model of Lite with the FCC.

https://bgr.com/2019/10/01/nintendo-...version-leaks/
    Spotted by Digital Trends, a new Nintendo FCC filing covers a console with a different model number than the original Switch Lite. That’s BKEHDH002 for the new model, compared to BKEHDH001 for the current Lite console. It’s just one digit off, which means we’re almost certainly looking at a new version of the Nintendo Switch Lite.
    Its safe to say they rushed this out and its biting them in the ass. This thing could turn into their own version of the RROD if enough reports come out of legit issues with the system. Thankfully after the end of the Month I won't be with GS anymore so I won't have to deal with the returns.

I love my switch but it feels like ever since its release in some way shape or form Nintendo cheap's out on something with it. This time it mite actually bite them in the ass.

Its safe to say they rushed this out and its biting them in the ass. This thing could turn into their own version of the RROD if enough reports come out of legit issues with the system.
    I think comparing it to the RROD is pretty hyperbolic. While Joycon drift is really annoying, you can still technically play the games. Unlike the Xbox 360 where the defect would brick the system and turn it into an expensive paperweight.

I think comparing it to the RROD is pretty hyperbolic. While Joycon drift is really annoying, you can still technically play the games. Unlike the Xbox 360 where the defect would brick the system and turn it into an expensive paperweight.
    Depends on the severity of the drift. Minor cases of it are just an annoyance. Middle cases probably get you killed a few times, major case is straight unplayable because it eats all of your inputs with it's own.