Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I find it comedic how the older variant (HAC-001) of the Switch is $20 more than the latest model (HAC-001(-01)) on Amazon. They increased the price to trick people into thinking it's just as good or better.

If you are interested in a Switch, don't fall for it, people. The HAC-001's charge does not last nearly as long.

Other ways to tell:

HAC-001(-01) = Mostly red box
    HAC-001 = Mostly white box

Edit: Incorrectly called the battery weaker.
    3rd party sellers are selling it for $20 more, and there is a reason for that. Because of people watching a switch they can potentially hack. Amazon is not selling it for $20 more nor do they appear to have any in stock atm and haven't since the MK8 bundle ran out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So balance update for next week and another for April after they have observed how the meta settles.

Still no new content coming for Splatoon 2. The game is finished.
    Man, they have confirmed updates and throwing out teasers for a "finished" game. Lot of effort being put into this "finished" game that clearly isn't "finished" because they are still actively working on it.

Let's be honest here- you took the bait they wanted you to with the "final splatfest". It's been clear more recently that it was just a red herring. The game is likely getting another xpac.

I absolutely love my switch, got more games on it now than i do on my ps4, im hoping they release all of the zelda games on it, i just 100% breath of the wild and it rekindled my urge to play the series again.

It's here. Now I have to wait for my game to come in lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    3rd party sellers are selling it for $20 more, and there is a reason for that. Because of people watching a switch they can potentially hack. Amazon is not selling it for $20 more nor do they appear to have any in stock atm and haven't since the MK8 bundle ran out.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, they have confirmed updates and throwing out teasers for a "finished" game. Lot of effort being put into this "finished" game that clearly isn't "finished" because they are still actively working on it.

Let's be honest here- you took the bait they wanted you to with the "final splatfest". It's been clear more recently that it was just a red herring. The game is likely getting another xpac.
    That makes a lot of sense...the old model is MUCH easier to hack.

I have to say I am just surprised how much fun Ring Fit Adventure is and how much it motivates to do some extra exercise per day that actually feels effective
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird that they’re balancing a game that’s “finished”...
    It's called maintenence mode. Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are also still getting similar updates but no one would argue that they're dead games at this point. Hell, d3 gets actual content in the form of new seasons, still dead

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It's called maintenence mode. Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are also still getting similar updates but no one would argue that they're dead games at this point. Hell, d3 gets actual content in the form of new seasons, still dead
    Except Splatoon 1 never had a "maintenance mode".

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/List_o...es_in_Splatoon

After the last big update, it had 2 updates in 2 months and then nothing again.

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/List_o..._in_Splatoon_2

Splatoon 2 is suddenly getting an update half a year later though.

Took me a bit to calibrate my Switch to the 4k TV. Definitely is a stark change from PS4 Pro haha. I know the Switch isn't 4k, but I got it looking fairly decent I think.

Astral Chain looks amazing considering the limitations of the console.

Welp, sword and shield are getting an season pass for dlc that seems a little suspect. Like remember the poison gym leader uniform you could buy in shops in the base game? they showed concept art of a 'dojo trainer' wearing it. Plus since its set on islands and galar lacked any sea routes i'm not going to be surprised if down the line this gets revealed to be cut content thats being sold to double dip on the game.

$30 for pokemon sword and shield expansion pass not sure how I feel about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean this is beyond better than usum.

So they decided to charge extra 30 bucks for cut content that would have made the vase game barely worth the 60 it gouged people for.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean this is beyond better than usum.
    Is it? its essentially $15 per new wild area with a storyline to get a bankcamp legendary. Given the state of the base game i dont imagine its going to be more than 2 or 3 hours of story and then just another bowl to deal with the gigantamax and daily reset gasslite horseshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Is it? its essentially $15 per new wild area with a storyline to get a bankcamp legendary. Given the state of the base game i dont imagine its going to be more than 2 or 3 hours of story and then just another bowl to deal with the gigantamax and daily reset gasslite horseshit.
    Yes it is better than a full price rerelease where 99% of the game is the same and you have to start over and we dont have to wait a full year for something slightly new and it looks like no more yearly releases which at least gives time for whatever they do next. This isnt even a debate
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-01-09 at 04:33 PM.

Yes it is better than a full price rerelease where 99% of the game is the same and you have to start over and we dont have to wait a full year for something slightly new and it looks like no more yearly releases which at least gives time for whatever they do next. This isnt even a debate
    I have seen this a lot today like making it a total 90 dollar purchase and the pokemon home subscription makes it okay because its not a full rerelease.

Then i look at other stuff like Torna the Golden Country, the Octo Expansion and Legend of Zelda expansion pass in just the switch ecosystem alone and its getting the same or more for up to half the price. Sure its good they don't want to pull more ultra bullshit but this is just replacing one shitty thing with another slightly less shitty thing. This is a company with more customers across all its media than some major religions have members. 2 wild areas is not a jaw dropping home run. It just looks like taking post game they couldn't finish for release and putting it behind a paywall, and a subscription if you want to bring any of the pokemon locked behind it from past games.

Am I the only one excited for the Mega Man Zero Collection? lol

Side note, I have a feeling the Switch 2 is coming in 2022 (pure speculation)

- - - Updated - - -

Since Nintendo also has a lot of sway with the development my guess is it will be far more than what you are thinking, any DLC I have seen Nintendo have it's name on is pretty hefty.

So they're making us pay for cut Pokemon that should have been in the game in the first place. Nice business practices Game Freak!

SwSh desperately needs an enhanced edition. The DLC doesn't fix any of the core problems that plague SwSh.

The first games of the last 3 gens have felt like betas, except you're paying $60 to beta test Game Freak's game so you can then pay another $60 to buy the polished release the year after.

No other Nintendo company does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Am I the only one excited for the Mega Man Zero Collection? lol

Side note, I have a feeling the Switch 2 is coming in 2022 (pure speculation)

- - - Updated - - -

Since Nintendo also has a lot of sway with the development my guess is it will be far more than what you are thinking, any DLC I have seen Nintendo have it's name on is pretty hefty.
    I would very much hope i'm wrong. But after sword and shield proper not being worth the 20% box cost increase as its a pretty mediocre entry in the series as a whole i am expecting two wild areas, each with one town and a story that takes 2-3 hours to complete. I hope i'm wrong but Sword and Shield proves Gamefreak is willing to coast because the consumer is in full on "dont think about it, just consumer product and get excited for the next product mode" with Pokemon in the same vein as something like Star Wars. Just look at the people going nuclear on twitter about this one for no reason beyond "BUT ITS POKEMON???" and personally after SwSh being honestly my personal low for the series i dont have high expectations for this. I fully expect something that was intended for on cart post game content being sold at a very high premium "because the paypig consumers will shovel down any old shit we throw at them".

Like i said i want to be wrong. But thats on Gamefreak to do something beyond my low expectations.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have seen this a lot today like making it a total 90 dollar purchase and the pokemon home subscription makes it okay because its not a full rerelease.

Then i look at other stuff like Torna the Golden Country, the Octo Expansion and Legend of Zelda expansion pass in just the switch ecosystem alone and its getting the same or more for up to half the price. Sure its good they don't want to pull more ultra bullshit but this is just replacing one shitty thing with another slightly less shitty thing. This is a company with more customers across all its media than some major religions have members. 2 wild areas is not a jaw dropping home run. It just looks like taking post game they couldn't finish for release and putting it behind a paywall, and a subscription if you want to bring any of the pokemon locked behind it from past games.
    They said the update is free to get them

They said the update is free to get them
    Its seeming a bit wishy washy on that. Like the video makes it look like theres a patch that adds their data so you can see them and be traded them by other people that bought the pass but they are still only catachable on those islands and you can only transfer them from home if you have the pass. Like they are giving people slowpoke for free, but you need both games and both versions of the season pass to get both evolutions.