1. #27341
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, stores sometimes get inventory from these things called warehouses. Even used inventory. And if they’re doing refurbishing in their warehouse I’d like to see your evidence.
    And if the store got a "sealed used game" shipped to them they would open it because used games are stored in slips in the drawers not in their cases, which just sit on the wall for customers to bring to the counter.

    Like why are you trying to tell a person who works at gamestop how gamestop works, because it's clear you have no idea lol.

  2. #27342
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,885
    How can i get out? This nightmare ive got to escape

  3. #27343
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    How can i get out? This nightmare ive got to escape
    Do you want to sign up for PUR Pro?

    Do you also know you can bring in all your tech to trade in?

    Do you also know about are current trade in specials?

    Do you want to preorder next years Call of Duty?

    You can run but you can't hide.

  4. #27344
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,885
    Just screaming. You hear them over and over

  5. #27345
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And if the store got a "sealed used game" shipped to them they would open it because used games are stored in slips in the drawers not in their cases, which just sit on the wall for customers to bring to the counter.

    Like why are you trying to tell a person who works at gamestop how gamestop works, because it's clear you have no idea lol.
    Riiight, and they open new games as well... I’m mostly questioning the warehouses doing refurbishment as warehouses aren’t suitable for such practices. If they are doing them in those conditions it’s just more evidence dude works for one of the shittier companies in the industry. Beyond their predatory used games practices.

    For reference, GameStop has refurb centers(meaning they don’t do that shit in dirty as fuck warehouses).
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2019-12-08 at 03:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  6. #27346
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, stores sometimes get inventory from these things called warehouses. Even used inventory. And if they’re doing refurbishing in their warehouse I’d like to see your evidence.
    You do realize your talking to someone who works for the company right?

    Example of a system getting resurfaced.


    See his system and see where the glossy finish is gone, Its because they resurfaced it. Anyone can resurface a system, even you can do it. All you need is the right equipment or a cheap system that does it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And if the store got a "sealed used game" shipped to them they would open it because used games are stored in slips in the drawers not in their cases, which just sit on the wall for customers to bring to the counter.

    Like why are you trying to tell a person who works at gamestop how gamestop works, because it's clear you have no idea lol.
    Slight correction.

    Some stores do leave games in their case when in the drawers, but that's only when they hit the max amount on the floor. For my store unless its the holidays the max display case is 2 (holidays is 3).

    But you are correct any that come to us sealed and are labeled as used gets opened and that's mainly cause we got to ID it anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Riiight, and they open new games as well.
    Yep cause we got to have a case on the floor to display, unless you want to spend the money to get the stores glass sealed cases.

    I’m mostly questioning the warehouses doing refurbishment as warehouses aren’t suitable for such practices.

    For reference, GameStop has refurb centers(meaning they don’t do that shit in dirty as fuck warehouses).
    You do realize those refurb centers are in warehouses right? Same type of building and everything, that's why most (who actually work there) just call it a warehouse. Even the stickers that print out to ship them are labeled (Return to WH).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Do you want to sign up for PUR Pro?

    Do you also know you can bring in all your tech to trade in?

    Do you also know about are current trade in specials?

    Do you want to preorder next years Call of Duty?

    You can run but you can't hide.
    Thankfully they are cutting back on all of that shit. Whenever I had to ask anything I made it short and simple (Do you want to reserve anything) if they say no I leave it at that. Only time I added more is if lets say they are buying a PS4 game and we still can do reserves on The Last of US 2 CE I let them know.

    I never did that whole (tell them a million things as they walk though the door) shit.

    Slightnote the new PUR system is shit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 06:13 AM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  7. #27347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thankfully they are cutting back on all of that shit. Whenever I had to ask anything I made it short and simple (Do you want to reserve anything) if they say no I leave it at that. Only time I added more is if lets say they are buying a PS4 game and we still can do reserves on The Last of US 2 CE I let them know.

    I never did that whole (tell them a million things as they walk though the door) shit.

    Slightnote the new PUR system is shit.
    I will never forget the time they forced an insurance for a game on me.

    Never asked, just tacked it on.

    I'm sure that's sketchy and not allowed, but at the same time I felt more like "well, it was only like $4, and they probably feel like their jobs at risk anyway and I'd blame the corporation for forcing them to do this"

  8. #27348
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I will never forget the time they forced an insurance for a game on me.

    Never asked, just tacked it on.

    I'm sure that's sketchy and not allowed, but at the same time I felt more like "well, it was only like $4, and they probably feel like their jobs at risk anyway and I'd blame the corporation for forcing them to do this"
    That is 100% not allowed.

    What a lot of stores did was put it on and be like (hey its $66 after the $3 warranty do you want it) but a lot of employee's would "forget" the last bit and just charge it.

    That is 100% not allowed and can result and the employee being fired if it happens enough. It happen a couple times to me as well and I got it refunded.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 07:18 AM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  9. #27349
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is 100% not allowed.

    What a lot of stores did was put it on and be like (hey its $66 after the $3 warranty do you want it) but a lot of employee's would "forget" the last bit and just charge it.

    That is 100% not allowed and can result and the employee being fired if it happens enough. It happen a couple times to me as well and I got it refunded.
    That's what I kinda figured, but one of my closest friends used to work at gamestop and unless she exaggerated, she used to say how the company would always put pressure on you to sell insurances, push people to buy used games, etc, to the point that you'd be at risk if you didn't mean certain standards.

    So kinda just shrugged it off.

  10. #27350
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's what I kinda figured, but one of my closest friends used to work at gamestop and unless she exaggerated, she used to say how the company would always put pressure on you to sell insurances, push people to buy used games, etc, to the point that you'd be at risk if you didn't mean certain standards.

    So kinda just shrugged it off.
    That is a thing but all sales have to be 100% on the up and up. Putting a warranty on a item without the ok of the customer is technically theft and can/will result in the employee being fired if caught.

    That is of course your SL isn't a shitty and allowing it.

    Having to refund warranty's does show up as well on the numbers.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 07:36 AM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  11. #27351
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is a thing but all sales have to be 100% on the up and up. Putting a warranty on a item without the ok of the customer is technically theft and can/will result in the employee being fired if caught.

    That is of course your SL isn't a shitty and allowing it.

    Having to refund warranty's does show up as well on the numbers.
    The other issue there is, employees can also get fired for not "selling" enough insurance plans and other garbage like that. So it stands to reason that some would be dishonest enough to try to pad their numbers like that. And since that is something they are "supposed" to be convincing customers to buy as much as possible, I think corporate "secretly" wants them to do stuff like that, and will only act like it was a mistake when they are caught.

  12. #27352
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    The other issue there is, employees can also get fired for not "selling" enough insurance plans and other garbage like that. So it stands to reason that some would be dishonest enough to try to pad their numbers like that. And since that is something they are "supposed" to be convincing customers to buy as much as possible, I think corporate "secretly" wants them to do stuff like that, and will only act like it was a mistake when they are caught.
    If you are getting fired due to low sales then its one of a few things...

    1) You are just bad at selling stuff.
    2) Your store is getting very little foot traffic and that's a bigger overall issue.
    3) Your District is a mess and once again that is a bigger issue.

    Its not hard to keep decent numbers even if you barely try, Also the system itself is very stupid. You could come in today sell one game and system and get the warranty's for both then turn around and clock out. That would put you at 100% for the week and higher than me even tho I have sold more ($$ wise).

    Don't get me wrong Gamestop like 99% of retail jobs is shitty, Its not doom and gloom people make it out to be.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 01:11 PM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  13. #27353
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjF1zyYE7V8 While it may appear to be a warehouse to someone who doesn't know the difference, this is not a warehouse. It's a refurb center, nothing warehouse about it.
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2019-12-08 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  14. #27354
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When a moron confuses refurbish and resurface it’s always hilarious.
    Its best that you stop talking about things you clearly know nothing about, Nothing was confused mate.

    But hey what do I know, It isn't like I work for the company or anything.......

    But hey ill explain it to you since its clear you don't get it.

    A refurbished console is a console that was sent to the warehouse. They get resurfaced (check the video and see) and sent back out, Along with whatever was wrong being fixed. If lets say the controller was broken the whole system would still be sent out.

    Any time a system goes out and its scratched to hell they resurface it.

    There you learned something new today.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 01:36 PM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  15. #27355
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its best that you stop talking about things you clearly know nothing about, Nothing was confused mate.

    But hey what do I know, It isn't like I work for the company or anything.......
    Yeah, it's not like you're a low level employee who is clearly confused or anything.

    I work at the McDonald's in my city so I know everything about McDonald's.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  16. #27356
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, it's not like you're a low level employee who is clearly confused or anything.


    You clearly missed my edit so here you go.

    A refurbished console is a console that was sent to the warehouse. They get resurfaced (check the video and see) and sent back out, Along with whatever was wrong being fixed. If lets say the controller was broken the whole system would still be sent out.

    Any time a system goes out and its scratched to hell they resurface it.

    There you learned something new today.
    Also a low level employee still knows more then some random person on the internet who has never worked for the company.

    Be a adult and take your L here mate.

    Edit: What I was wanting you to look at in the video so you would understand is this....



    The left part of the system was resurfaced......

    But I guess having you do that was too much to ask.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-08 at 01:51 PM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  17. #27357
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You clearly missed my edit so here you go.



    Also a low level employee still knows more then some random person on the internet who has never worked for the company.

    Be a adult and take your L here mate.

    Edit: What I was wanting you to look at in the video so you would understand is this....



    The left part of the system was resurfaced......

    But I guess having you do that was too much to ask.
    They get sent to the refurbishment center, not a warehouse... the fact that you keep saying warehouse says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  18. #27358
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's what I kinda figured, but one of my closest friends used to work at gamestop and unless she exaggerated, she used to say how the company would always put pressure on you to sell insurances, push people to buy used games, etc, to the point that you'd be at risk if you didn't mean certain standards.

    So kinda just shrugged it off.
    Game warranties are such a joke. Only a complete mongoloid would actually damage their game to the point where it's unusable. I've never insured a game in my life and I have cartridges older than the majority of Gamestop employees. Christ, my Pokemon Blue cartridge from release still works.

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  19. #27359
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Game warranties are such a joke. Only a complete mongoloid would actually damage their game to the point where it's unusable. I've never insured a game in my life and I have cartridges older than the majority of Gamestop employees. Christ, my Pokemon Blue cartridge from release still works.
    And I disagree because sometimes shit happens.

    Now with current gen its much less likely but with last gen 360 games was known to just crack taking them out of the case. That was due to the fact the dvd's MS used was cheap as fuck.

    I more so rather have a warranty on my system over a game tho, anything happens to my Switch its replaced and doesn't cost me a dime.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  20. #27360
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And I disagree because sometimes shit happens.

    Now with current gen its much less likely but with last gen 360 games was known to just crack taking them out of the case. That was due to the fact the dvd's MS used was cheap as fuck.

    I more so rather have a warranty on my system over a game tho, anything happens to my Switch its replaced and doesn't cost me a dime.
    It was due to the cases being too stiff, not the discs.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •