Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    they announced a Rune Factory 5 for the Switch so i'm excited to see what they can do with towns and the world maps when not restricted to the 15 year old hardware.
    Ah I had not heard this, good news. I’d put RF4 as one of my top 10 3DS games, if not top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Hell mode is consistently difficult while hard really plateus in difficulty as you get stronger and get new spells and weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

So about 5 hours with Animal Crossing and damn thats a step up. Its the 15 year old handheld hardware to current gen console hardware upgrade i wanted but didn't really get from Pokemon. This has the Nintendo polish we got with stuff like Odyssey and you just never run out of shit to do, the buildings are 24 hour now. Its no longer "okay i managed to get in before the shops closed to pay off my house, guess i just check in for furniture" stuff. Its a real strong opening and feels like the step up i want from a 3ds game going to consoles.

Or coming back to them in this case.
    RIP 24 hour shopping the second you open the shop though. You can put stuff in the sell box outside of open hours but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm...i was expecting a higher score from animal crossing playervise:
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...g-new-horizons

7.0/10

Nintendo only allows one island per switch seems to be major problem.
    You can only create one island per switch and anyone else that joins the island literally cannot progress until the person who created it does.
    Even if you buy two copies of the game you will still only be able to customize ONE island.

They dont look like a hate 0 score just to get game down. There are also complaints that game is not evolved enogh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hm...i was expecting a higher score from animal crossing playervise:
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...g-new-horizons

7.0/10

Nintendo only allows one island per switch seems to be major problem.
    You can only create one island per switch and anyone else that joins the island literally cannot progress until the person who created it does.
    Even if you buy two copies of the game you will still only be able to customize ONE island.

They dont look like a hate 0 score just to get game down. There are also complaints that game is not evolved enogh.
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...s/user-reviews

Review bombing isn't the player base.

Also it works like how every AC game ever has worked in this regard. AC has always been either 1 town per memory card, 1 town per game cart or 1 town per system depending on how saves where stored. In most of these games the first person to create town/island is deemed *insert important title* and does the main progress. People that expected otherwise have clearly never played the franchise and are concern trolling in bad faith. Nintendo also made it clear from the directs it worked exactly like this(aka how AC has always worked) so if someone expected it to change that's their fault.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-03-22 at 09:41 PM.

I know one reason for the whole one town thing back on Gamecube was because of how much space it wound up taking on a memory card, I think they actually gave you a memory card exclusively for your Animal Crossing save. Not sure if that is still an issue these days though I'd be surprised if it were.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I know one reason for the whole one town thing back on Gamecube was because of how much space it wound up taking on a memory card, I think they actually gave you a memory card exclusively for your Animal Crossing save. Not sure if that is still an issue these days though I'd be surprised if it were.
    It clearly had nothing to do with space when City Folk and New Leaf was the exact same way. It's always been because the franchise started out as an IP about promoting communicating with your household through a game- if you're using the same system for it they want you to all be in the same town and work together, which also yes includes someone being in charge and making the important decisions.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    That was also back when memory cards were like 32-64 MB, IIRC. Either way, the save file for ACNH on my system is currently 225MB. The size of the town is also massive compared to the old games. But I think it still comes back to the core of the game being something that brings people together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got New Horizons.
    SW-0193-8987-1014
    US-Central time

...If anyone is even interested.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Nintendo just dropping this without any warning.
    Gotta say, it didn't really show much new. Either keeping it for the summer direct when E3 would've taken place or... we get a rather meager rest of teh year

Calling it now: the ARMS character in Smash is either 8 fighters in one or its the new rep for ARMS 2: LEGS or some shit probably Son of Springman since japan loves that legacy wrestler/boxer stuff in manga like Kinnikuman.

But mechanically for varieties sake Helix or Lola Pop make sense if its gotta be one, just in time to bring out the clown girl fetish creeps from the underdark again.

15+ Year Old Account
    xenoblade looks so fucking good help

You are now thinking of what happens to Kirby when he vores an ARMS character and grows two long fleshy human proportioned arms out of his head.

I can't wait to hear the redone tracks for xenoblade, they sound different from the live versions they did a couple years back too. Hope they got Jenna Coleman for Melia again somehow. And I see some light retconning with one of the characters, meaning there will undoubtedly be some minor story changes. Wonder if the epilogue will have a similar thing to the challenge mode that was in XBC2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xenoblade .... more story after, i wonder if it will connect it to end of Xenoblade 2.

OMG BD II Demo...they did it again like with Octopath.

Jedi academy tho --- i love this game, but i kinda prefer it on pc.

Pokemon Isle of armor--- oh god i was so bored when i was watching this...nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Pokemon Isle of armor--- oh god i was so bored when i was watching this...nothing new.
    This is Pokemon for 25 years and it's still selling like hot cakes and on to become the best selling gaming franchise in the world so... nothing new is exactly why Pokemon is successful.

My AC Switch arrives tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing AC during work-from-home meetings.

Been really liking it so far!

Just preordered the works edition of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Where because im not seeing it anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is Pokemon for 25 years and it's still selling like hot cakes and on to become the best selling gaming franchise in the world so... nothing new is exactly why Pokemon is successful.

My AC Switch arrives tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it.
    Eh thats kind of half true though. Its not super recent but things like these 'pity legendaries' for lack of a better term are just one example of a series of design changes that have occurred to shift the formula. Not to get too boomercore but back in the day Legendaries were hard to catch/hard to find pokemon that were the final challenge in completing the pokedex. Nowadays they are more often than not handed to you for free to live in the box forever. Personally as this has changed as a filthy genwunner its part of the reason i learn more to recommending the Digimon games more than Pokemon nowadays because there are still harder to unlock forms on the digivolution tree and still everything is part of the 'i got this as a weak little thing the size of a dog or rabbit, now its some ass kicking giant monster' which is basically the entire selling point of the monster raising sim rpg genre. Something that 'heres your god tier legendary, one per customer at the door' stuff doesn't really gel with anymore. Same kind of thing with the gigantamax. I caught the grey alien in the pink and blue hair dress gardevoir stand in as its basic form and raised it to lvl.70 only to find it would never be able to gigantamax because you can only catch a fully evolved one from a nest that has that and that isn't the appeal of this sub genre of rpg at all. Its about raising the monsters to be a team that can compete with the worlds legendary monsters rather than getting one already at the top tier you have no connection too.

Just one example but there are absolutely changes in the last few games that i only consider a detriment and "buy a season pass for a free legendary!" is just more of that stuff i have no interest i as someone whos bought every release in the franchise up to this point and honestly dont know if i'm buying the next at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I only see US versions up. Nothing for EU at least not on amazon.
    I could only find normal version on 1 site (wich is shit if you dont live in UK).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/202...aunches_in_may