Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Id take some indies that take risks over another copy + paste game like pokemon tbh
    I'd have accepted a copy and paste. SwSh lost half of the clipboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'd have accepted a copy and paste. SwSh lost half of the clipboard.
    I mean in terms of game design. Taking creative risks that the "Fandom" might love/hate and anything inbetween
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Id take some indies that take risks
    Indies that take risks, nice joke. 8 bit art style, either a platformer or rogue like. Oh look I just summed up 2/3rds of indy games that come out now. Indies have basically become the shitty mobile market with a bunch of devs shitting out games in hopes one is a hit.

That's not to say they're all bad, things like stardew, golf story, cuphead are definitely above the run of the mill indy games but these are few and far between. The market is over saturated with garbage. Finding a good indy game is even harder then finding a good "AAA" game nowadays.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-09 at 09:32 PM.

Not only that but even the more unique ones like goose game look so boring and id rather just play any of the pokemons

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not only that but even the more unique ones like goose game look so boring and id rather just play any of the pokemons
    It sold over 100k in the first 2 weeks of being released, I mean you are entitled to your own opinion but i'm glad there are good indies on Switch, especially after Sony said FU to indies, also the fact I can play em while sitting in bed is a plus for me.

Sure the quality highly varies between them but the key is to find one that is fun, and fun is subjective from person to person, as demonstrated by your opinion about goose game and then seeing it's sale numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    It sold over 100k in the first 2 weeks of being released, I mean you are entitled to your own opinion but i'm glad there are good indies on Switch, especially after Sony said FU to indies, also the fact I can play em while sitting in bed is a plus for me.

Sure the quality highly varies between them but the key is to find one that is fun, and fun is subjective from person to person, as demonstrated by your opinion about goose game and then seeing it's sale numbers.
    Literally dont care about sales because they have never and will never mean quality. I'd rather play another 200 hours of xenoblade 2 than 1, a dozen, 5 trillion new indie games
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-12-10 at 03:45 AM.

Oh boy 100k sales, just need to double that and it might reach niche JRPG status. Fucking atelier ryza sold more then that in a single week in Japan alone(and that was at 8800 yen MSRP or in other words a hell of a lot more expensive). Was I supposed to be impressed with that number?

I can count the good(IMO) indy games on the Switch on one hand. The eshop looks like the damn Wii section in gamestop circa 2010 and that isn't a good thing. Indies replaced shovelware lol. In fact, I'm pretty sure shovelware is not being disguised as "indy games".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-10 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Indies that take risks, nice joke. 8 bit art style, either a platformer or rogue like. Oh look I just summed up 2/3rds of indy games that come out now. Indies have basically become the shitty mobile market with a bunch of devs shitting out games in hopes one is a hit.

That's not to say they're all bad, things like stardew, golf story, cuphead are definitely above the run of the mill indy games but these are few and far between. The market is over saturated with garbage. Finding a good indy game is even harder then finding a good "AAA" game nowadays.
    Making a game is hard, making a good game is even harder. Bigger budgets means bigger expectations and less chance on taking risk.

Small investment with potential for big return means that the chance of developers taking risks increases because of risk vs reward.

Does that mean indies will suddenly start reinventing the wheel? No. but gameplay and story and the two key elements to making a good game and you dont need god tier graphics and bloated marketing budgets for that.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

The thing about that goose game that makes it good is that it isn't long enough to wear out it's welcome for what the concept is about.

Most players beat the whole thing in about 2-3 hours, and then move on from it.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The thing about that goose game that makes it good is that it isn't long enough to wear out it's welcome for what the concept is about.

Most players beat the whole thing in about 2-3 hours, and then move on from it.
    Saying the game has no lasting appeal is a weird endorsement

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...ungeon-switch/ Clearly i should get boyfriend dungeon because its xenoblade 2 in a nutshell

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...ungeon-switch/ Clearly i should get boyfriend dungeon because its xenoblade 2 in a nutshell
    - Let's get to the point: take your weapon-babes on romantic outings, such as to the club or the beach

That's all I needed to know about that game. Day 1 buy.

- - - Updated - - -

There's only so long being a goose whose only purpose is to mess with things can be fun.

It not being that long means the novelty of that concept doesn't wear off before you get to the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There's only so long being a goose whose only purpose is to mess with things can be fun.

It not being that long means the novelty of that concept doesn't wear off before you get to the end of the game.
    I mean i understand that but you dont just “move on” from good games because they stick with you you. Short meme games arent worth playing to me

Literally dont care about sales because they have never and will never mean quality. I'd rather play another 200 hours of xenoblade 2 than 1, a dozen, 5 trillion new indie games
    I never claimed sales = quality , I just used it to prove a point that people out there do care and that tastes differ between people, you make it quite vocally clear you don't give 1 ass about indies and that is your good right but no need to beat it down for everyone.

Oh boy 100k sales, just need to double that and it might reach niche JRPG status. Fucking atelier ryza sold more then that in a single week in Japan alone(and that was at 8800 yen MSRP or in other words a hell of a lot more expensive). Was I supposed to be impressed with that number?
    I mean for a game developed by a small team and where it's just literally a goose running off with stuff from people as its whole gameplay arch and like 4 control buttons 100k isn't bad, I never meant to impress the biggest shot on this website with those numbers, I was just making a point not everyone hates indies as much as Video Games does so relax baby.

I never claimed sales = quality , I just used it to prove a point that people out there do care and that tastes differ between people, you make it quite vocally clear you don't give 1 ass about indies and that is your good right but no need to beat it down for everyone.

I mean for a game developed by a small team and where it's just literally a goose running off with stuff from people as its whole gameplay arch and like 4 control buttons 100k isn't bad, I never meant to impress the biggest shot on this website with those numbers, I was just making a point not everyone hates indies as much as Video Games does so relax baby.
    I never said everyone hates indies but goat simulator also sold well and like, come on. Enough with the meme games

Bravely Default 2 just announced for next year.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

lol Fire Emblem just won the fan vote GOTY and ain't even nominated for the official award. Couldn't be a wider disconnect between the press and fans for this year.

lol Fire Emblem just won the fan vote GOTY and ain't even nominated for the official award. Couldn't be a wider disconnect between the press and fans for this year.
    It doesnt matter if FE was dog shit, people will like it because its FE. It doesnt matter if its the press or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    It doesnt matter if FE was dog shit, people will like it because its FE. It doesnt matter if its the press or not.
    Re think this post and try again.

I am very happy that I can play Breath of Fire 2 on my switch now. Pretty much one of my fav snes RPG's from my childhood.