1. #27501
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,457
    I played the Mystery Dungeon demo and I... am deeply worried. They now show you where all the items and enemies in a floor are when you enter a new floor... which I feel kinda defeats the purpose of a dungeon crawler. They also start you off with some pretty OP moves. The original Mystery Dungeon games were actually somewhat challenging at points, but now I'm worried that these games are gonna be a snooze fest. This next point is very subjective but I also wasn't a fan of the new art style. I think it looks kinda weird.

    I went from being very hyped to honestly being unsure if I want to cop this game.

  2. #27502
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The wild area is new. The entire raid system is new.

    There's a difference between disliking and being dishonest.
    The raid system isn't new, Pokemon Go has had it for a couple of years now.

  3. #27503
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    If you don't buy the expansion pass, it's gonna be a fucking nightmare to obtain them through trade since ofc they removed GTS which allowed specific pokemon trading.
    Or you know, ask people online like i have.

  4. #27504
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I can honestly say that they did not improve anything with SW/SH. Its worse in every aspect.
    Ya it totally didn't improve anything at all besides.........

    1) Performance.
    2) Graphic's. (World Detail,Effects,Weather,Lighting)
    3) World Scale.

    None of those things was improved at all clearly.....

    Not every game needs to reinvent the wheel, Believe it or not but doing the same old same with just a touch up can be a good thing..
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  5. #27505
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    The raid system isn't new, Pokemon Go has had it for a couple of years now.
    Which isn't made by Game Freak at all, and has a completely different implementation and different functionality?

    Boiled down to the basics, sure they're similar, but not enough to say they're the same thing.

  6. #27506
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Which isn't made by Game Freak at all, and has a completely different implementation and different functionality?

    Boiled down to the basics, sure they're similar, but not enough to say they're the same thing.
    Raids isn't new, Everquest had them......

    That's his argument.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  7. #27507
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Raids isn't new, Everquest had them......

    That's his argument.
    I mean I get the point, but I don't agree with it at all. For all purposes, Pokemon Go is basically a random mobile game that's just wearing the skin of Pokemon.

    And the Harry Potter game proves that since it's basically the same.

    Almost as if the company had their own mobile game they were using as the skeleton and just throwing a fresh paint job over it repeatedly... hmmmm *insert thinking face here*

  8. #27508
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean I get the point, but I don't agree with it at all. For all purposes, Pokemon Go is basically a random mobile game that's just wearing the skin of Pokemon.

    And the Harry Potter game proves that since it's basically the same.

    Almost as if the company had their own mobile game they were using as the skeleton and just throwing a fresh paint job over it repeatedly... hmmmm *insert thinking face here*
    Oh I mite not have been clear but I agree with you. Raids is new to the series and I honestly hope they expand on it in the future.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  9. #27509
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh I mite not have been clear but I agree with you. Raids is new to the series and I honestly hope they expand on it in the future.
    I gotcha, just expanding on what I meant hah. I should have said "I get their point"

  10. #27510
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I gotcha, just expanding on what I meant hah. I should have said "I get their point"


    At this point it just seems like some people are just looking for a reason to bitch about Sword and Shield. They could release a update tomorrow adding all the Pokemon in for free and people would still complain about it.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  11. #27511
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Raids isn't new, Everquest had them......

    That's his argument.
    Not really. The franchise has had raids for a while now is his argument. Nice strawman though.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  12. #27512
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh I mite not have been clear but I agree with you. Raids is new to the series and I honestly hope they expand on it in the future.
    Oh they won't. They'll throw raids and Dynamax into trash like every other gimmick they have done.

  13. #27513
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Oh they won't. They'll throw raids and Dynamax into trash like every other gimmick they have done.
    If so so be it, would be nice but doesn't matter to me in the end.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  14. #27514
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya it totally didn't improve anything at all besides.........

    1) Performance.
    2) Graphic's. (World Detail,Effects,Weather,Lighting)
    3) World Scale.

    None of those things was improved at all clearly.....

    Not every game needs to reinvent the wheel, Believe it or not but doing the same old same with just a touch up can be a good thing..
    lol what? Go online in the wild area and tell me they improved the performance of the game. They did improve some aspects of the game, but they have also regressed in many areas as well. Considering the game costs 20 dollars more than all the other mainline Pokemon games, I don't think a regression is really excusable here.

  15. #27515
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    lol what? Go online in the wild area and tell me they improved the performance of the game. They did improve some aspects of the game, but they have also regressed in many areas as well. Considering the game costs 20 dollars more than all the other mainline Pokemon games, I don't think a regression is really excusable here.
    Cost of the game is a goal post shift and not really a retort. Nintendo published Switch games are $60, Nintendo published 3DS games where $40. In other news water is wet mate. Why even bring it up. I'm honestly done with everyone trying to turn a debate into video games somehow related to the cost of them, if games where priced based on how much effort went into making them shit like RDR2 or Sony first party games would be $200 lmfao. It's such a non talking point, and if you can't afford a game at a certain time well too bad it's a luxury, not something you're entitled to.

    When I'm deciding if a game is good or not the cost is simply not a factor. A game isn't better or worse based on how much it costs, stop bringing it up lmao.

  16. #27516
    i cant believe people are bitching about "paywalling" the older pokemon.

    this is literally the exact same way its been since x and y.

    how did you get the missing pokemon in x and y? you either traded for them or you used bank
    oras? you traded for them or you used bank
    sun and moon? you traded for them or you used bank?
    usum? you traded or used bank
    sword and shield you fucking trade or use home

    its pretty clear some people dont even want to give criticism and just want to bindly hate because theyre angerey

    all you do by endless nitpicking and bringing up nonpoints is devalue all the actual valid criticism.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  17. #27517
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cost of the game is a goal post shift and not really a retort. Nintendo published Switch games are $60, Nintendo published 3DS games where $40. In other news water is wet mate. Why even bring it up. I'm honestly done with everyone trying to turn a debate into video games somehow related to the cost of them, if games where priced based on how much effort went into making them shit like RDR2 or Sony first party games would be $200 lmfao. It's such a non talking point, and if you can't afford a game at a certain time well too bad it's a luxury, not something you're entitled to.

    When I'm deciding if a game is good or not the cost is simply not a factor. A game isn't better or worse based on how much it costs, stop bringing it up lmao.
    It's relevant because I am comparing one game in the series to another game in the series... If they are going to raise the price of the game, then I expect the game to be better in every way with far higher production values. Take Monster Hunter World as an example. Handheld series (at least the most recent ones) that came to Console and got overhauled in an amazing way. The game looks gorgeous, the monster's AI is improved and they have many interactions with each other, etc. Then you look at Pokemon and its best feature is a lackluster open world area that drops to 12 FPS when you're online. Plus they completely gutted of any puzzles in the world and over half of the National Dex which has previously included every existing Pokemon. So what exactly am I paying that extra 20 dollars for?

    Also I can't really move the goalposts if this was the first post I made on the subject...

  18. #27518
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's relevant because I am comparing one game in the series to another game in the series...
    It's not relevant at all as I already explained. Cost of a game has no baring on contents of said game. Sword/Shield would not magically be a better game if it was priced at $40 nor would Sun/Moon have been worse games if priced at $60. Again price of game is not a factor of game quality it's just one thing whiny ass gamers try to cling to when they can't actually form points against something they're outraged about. If you're in a financial situation where $60 is breaking your bank you probably shouldn't be spending money on games in the first place.

    Also I can't really move the goalposts if this was the first post I made on the subject...
    That's not how it works at all, you came in mid convo quoting a dude then proceed to list an asinine point(which price is) as the main talking point. Price is not a factor in this discussion at all- you tried to shift that goal post.

  19. #27519
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    lol what? Go online in the wild area and tell me they improved the performance of the game.


    Wild area for the most part runs just fine and the overall game runs better than the most recent ones that rarely kept a 30fps.

    I didn't give a opinion when I said performance was improved over the last few games, The video outright shows it.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  20. #27520
    Could you imagine the fps drops though if gamefreaks devs tried to make sword and shield use actual switch level graphics oof

    thats one positive for sword and shield basically being uprezzed sun and moon art style at least
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •