10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Pokemon starts pushing a season pass like 2010 era EA: Crickets

Pokemon announces new Snap game: The Internet Fucking Explodes.

2020 is a like a year anyone from a time before it would think is nothing but lies.
    Eh...i realy dont get why its so good to some people.

I think part of the longlasting appeal of Pokemon Snap, beyond the ip, is its one of few games that capture a type of game that traditionally you would only see in arcade cabinets and very rarely in the west. Its got an arcade feel to it with its "okay, you are on rails, you can miss everything, clocks ticking lets go!" design that makes you want to try again for a better score. Hopefully they keep that feeling going with the sequel.
    Exactly. It's like all the good things about bird watching, rolled into a game, haha. It gives a different feel, and effect, and it just felt like a world I wanted to live in and keep venturing through. Totally different than most other games. Dark Cloud 2 gave me a similar feel, and I loved that game too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Got it for my nephew for Christmas. It cost me a shocking $50.
    So you got it for lowest it'll ever go. Congrats.

15+ Year Old Account
    I expected nothing and thats what i got

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    My little brother was a rabid Pokemon Snap fan. It wasn't a long game, but we'd rent if from Blockbuster every couple of months. It's probably one of the most casual but fun games I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We literally just had several sales that put first party Nintendo games in the $30-40 range and yet you're going to try to claim $50 is the lowest?

More like, the average price at Walmart.

When Nintendo puts their first party games on sale they're $41.99 and $50 is standard walmart price, not really a sale.

whelp lets go johto basically confirmed
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think part of the longlasting appeal of Pokemon Snap, beyond the ip, is its one of few games that capture a type of game that traditionally you would only see in arcade cabinets and very rarely in the west. Its got an arcade feel to it with its "okay, you are on rails, you can miss everything, clocks ticking lets go!" design that makes you want to try again for a better score. Hopefully they keep that feeling going with the sequel.
    I love the hell out of Snap. I think the biggest change, outside of the cartoon, was you just saw all these Pokemon casually doing things outside of battle that you couldn't get from the main games. Music was great, it has a nice casual and calming atmosphere to it, and was pretty easy so you could just replay it a lot.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    whelp lets go johto basically confirmed
    Just fucking let me battle wild pokemon again. That was my one huge put off from lets go Evee. Shit just give the option to choose one or the other at the start. I hated the "fill your box with spam shit to level your dude" in an rpg. i hate how the actual 'catching and raising party members' monster-sim rpg idea has been dliuted so much by gamefreak over the last few years. It feels like we lean a lot close to Pokemon Collessium than Pokemon Red and Blue nowadays.

I will now sip my monster indignantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I love the hell out of Snap. I think the biggest change, outside of the cartoon, was you just saw all these Pokemon casually doing things outside of battle that you couldn't get from the main games. Music was great, it has a nice casual and calming atmosphere to it, and was pretty easy so you could just replay it a lot.
    I still honestly think theres good money in a harvest moon style game based on the pokemon breeders that are this whole profession in the show and manga that never gets play in the games outside the daycare.

Just fucking let me battle wild pokemon again. That was my one huge put off from lets go Evee. Shit just give the option to choose one or the other at the start. I hated the "fill your box with spam shit to level your dude" in an rpg. i hate how the actual 'catching and raising party members' monster-sim rpg idea has been dliuted so much by gamefreak over the last few years. It feels like we lean a lot close to Pokemon Collessium than Pokemon Red and Blue nowadays.

I will now sip my monster indignantly.

- - - Updated - - -

I still honestly think theres good money in a harvest moon style game based on the pokemon breeders that are this whole profession in the show and manga that never gets play in the games outside the daycare.
    I agree on the wild battles thing. although im a bit miffed that gen 2 is getting remakes again before gen 4.

I disagree about Coliseum though it and xd are amazing games imo.

good story, good variety of pokemon even with the change in acquiring them, great and memorable characters and villains especially mirror b and the storyline was great.

not to mention even today the animations for the pokemon blow sword and shields animations out of the water

- - - Updated - - -

perhaps this will be the new pattern though.

main series -> lets go game -> main series

i just hope when gen 4 comes around its a proper main series title. im okay with the reremakes being go games since it changes up an experience some people have already done twice before but gen 4 deserves a proper remake
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

cool to see a new pokemon snap.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Pokemon starts pushing a season pass like 2010 era EA: Crickets

Pokemon announces new Snap game: The Internet Fucking Explodes.

2020 is a like a year anyone from a time before it would think is nothing but lies.
    Dear God! That's amazing!

Game Freak's Pokémon game:

Bandai Namco's Pokémon game:

Hilarious.

I liked how your post in the Pokemon thread didn't get a reply so you have to do it in here to get one. Still mad over Sword/Shield, huh?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I agree on the wild battles thing. although im a bit miffed that gen 2 is getting remakes again before gen 4.

I disagree about Coliseum though it and xd are amazing games imo.

good story, good variety of pokemon even with the change in acquiring them, great and memorable characters and villains especially mirror b and the storyline was great.

not to mention even today the animations for the pokemon blow sword and shields animations out of the water

- - - Updated - - -

perhaps this will be the new pattern though.

main series -> lets go game -> main series

i just hope when gen 4 comes around its a proper main series title. im okay with the reremakes being go games since it changes up an experience some people have already done twice before but gen 4 deserves a proper remake
    I actually like Colosseum a lot, but it is very much a spin off with a contained story and thats fine. A jrpg with a limited roster is the norm after all. But it feels like sword and shield especially follow its design of "heres a level 35 pokemon that you have no connection too box it or use it for type advantage as thats all that matters" stuff and i just really don't like it.

Its like how the big selling point of the season pass is a legendary at the door. Call me a genwunner boomer but i remember when the legendary pokemon were hidden away and hard to find and took a lot of time and effort to catch and even then personally i didn't care for them as high level randos but a lot of folks did. Now legendaries dont seem to mean anything beyond 'one super powered exclusive move' and thats it.

To me the big appeal from when i was like 9 when Red and Blue came out was "you caught this little bug/bird/mammal creature at a low level and over time your travels lead to it levelling and evolving into this big monster you have a connection to because you saw it go through the whole process". Finding out a pokemon i caught in shield could never gigantamax and i had to just catch a lvl.70+ one from a nest in the wild area i had no connection to just really cemented for me that the direction of the series was discarding something that i feel is pretty important to the gameplay loop in favour of "i clapped when i saw [BRAND] thing i recognise!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I liked how your post in the Pokemon thread didn't get a reply so you have to do it in here to get one. Still mad over Sword/Shield, huh?
    Well that thread is pretty much dead. Which is no surprise after last several years of GF's fuck ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game Freak's Pokémon game:

Bandai Namco's Pokémon game:

Hilarious.
    It's an on rails game vs an open world game. Of course the on rails game is going to be better looking. They can limit the player's view to a smaller space which means they can put more detail into that scene. Sword and Shield definitely does not look good, but this is a weak argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's an on rails game vs an open world game. Of course the on rails game is going to be better looking. They can limit the player's view to a smaller space which means they can put more detail into that scene. Sword and Shield definitely does not look good, but this is a weak argument.
    Wild Area really isn't an open world. It is small as fuck and the visible area on the Snap course is probably just as big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Pokemon is a series where mainline entries sell 15+ million copies. There are open world games on the Switch barely reaching 15-20% of that and still ending up looking way better.

It is not unreasonable to expect better out of a developer whose games sells like that, when the system it's on can definitely handle more.