1. #27921
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you lose the device you need to use backup codes to get it off. With authy its account based so you will never get locked out.
    I see. I did make a point of keeping record of the backup codes just in case.

  2. #27922
    I picked up Blasphemous since its currently 40% off and had the coins to get it for £6 and man, that game feels great, looks great and its the first platformer in a hot minute i've felt not suffer from the switch thumbstick.

    But it is also the most technically broken side scroller i think i've played since the days of the PS1. I have had the player character slidedash out of the screen, get hit by enemies and get stuck inside walls or just straight up fall through the world and be stuck running around behind the UI.

    Its a wonderful game that tricks you into thinking its dark souls but its really symphony of the night with some souls inspiration and its worldbuilding and gameplay is so good, but i have not got another game on any current console this buggy.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  3. #27923
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,890
    Picked up Streets of Rage 4 yesterday. Short review is this.

    Did you like any of SoR 1-3? You'll love this game.


    Only drawback is the online multi is 2p only, though with the sluggishness between connections, that's not entirely unexpected. Hope they can fix performance in future and patch 4p online mode in.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  4. #27924
    Nintendo gives their reason for choosing friend codes:

    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nts_reveal_all

  5. #27925
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Nintendo gives their reason for choosing friend codes:

    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nts_reveal_all
    "There is high probability of duplicate screen names. When this happens, multiple reentries are required."

    Bullshit excuse. For how long have other platform had user selectable screennames with random #number after them, combining the strength of both systems?

    Nintendo just being ass-backwards as per usual.

  6. #27926
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Nintendo gives their reason for choosing friend codes:

    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nts_reveal_all
    ah yes, because systems like bnets "Name#XXXX" don't exist... i

  7. #27927
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    ah yes, because systems like bnets "Name#XXXX" don't exist... i
    I mean, they went backwards from the Wii U even. You could have any username for online on the Wii U and your account was attached to your NNID which was just your email. No friend codes at all. It literally worked the same, I have no idea why they went backwards to the Wii and 3DS era with friend codes lol.

  8. #27928
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, they went backwards from the Wii U even. You could have any username for online on the Wii U and your account was attached to your NNID which was just your email. No friend codes at all. It literally worked the same, I have no idea why they went backwards to the Wii and 3DS era with friend codes lol.
    That's Nintendo.. when it's not the games themselves, they don't take a step forward or backwards, it's this weird middle ground of spinning really fast and going backwards on some, forward on other and standstill on the rest.

  9. #27929
    Keyboard Turner tidus79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Bordighera (Italy)
    Posts
    5
    Picked up Trails of Mana! ^^

  10. #27930
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus79 View Post
    Picked up Trails of Mana! ^^
    I wanted to so much but the Demo was so boring and the combat just felt meh. It looks great, but doesn't feel good to play. I just can't play games that don't feel good to play to me.

  11. #27931
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I wanted to so much but the Demo was so boring and the combat just felt meh. It looks great, but doesn't feel good to play. I just can't play games that don't feel good to play to me.
    Well i just finished it second time (thank god for 300% xp) so you can rush it after you finish it once. You kinda have to play it 3 times to see everything.

    All is the same before the middle island for every team. After this you have 3 types of different dungeons with different bosses and final boss.

    For 3th gameplay i will just rush and ignore all monsters (since i overlvl them anyway as lvls go with new game plus) and chests.

  12. #27932
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i just finished it second time (thank god for 300% xp) so you can rush it after you finish it once. You kinda have to play it 3 times to see everything.

    All is the same before the middle island for every team. After this you have 3 types of different dungeons with different bosses and final boss.

    For 3th gameplay i will just rush and ignore all monsters (since i overlvl them anyway as lvls go with new game plus) and chests.
    It's like Nier, the gameplay was so bad I couldn't make through the first go around, let alone the multiple other times required to get the "full experience". I'm not going to bother with a game I don't enjoy playing no matter how much changes or how good the story is. It's a shame, because I was excited until I played it.

  13. #27933
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    ah yes, because systems like bnets "Name#XXXX" don't exist... i
    That didn't prevent "XoX_DarkDestroyer1782" to happens on bnet tho...
    They don't want potential retarded account name, that's their point. You like it or not, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  14. #27934
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,697
    Bought Streets of Rage 4 today. It's pretty fun, so much like the old games that I remember. It's challenging too.

  15. #27935
    For those who have done it, how hard is it to exchange save data from one switch to another? I'm thinking about upgrading from my switch lite to a regular switch as my primary. Does everything transfer over? I'm worried about losing my Animal Crossing progress.

  16. #27936
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    For those who have done it, how hard is it to exchange save data from one switch to another? I'm thinking about upgrading from my switch lite to a regular switch as my primary. Does everything transfer over? I'm worried about losing my Animal Crossing progress.
    You can not transfer animal crossing saves yet, they are working on a patch for it. So short story, do not do this yet.

  17. #27937
    Oof, thanks for the heads up!

  18. #27938
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bought Streets of Rage 4 today. It's pretty fun, so much like the old games that I remember. It's challenging too.
    Yep, SOR 4 is amazing, exactly the kind of game it should be and what was needed. The reason the series stagnated for so long is because they were trying to take it 3D in the Playstation/Saturn era. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Force was actually being developed as SOR 4 back in the day, but 1) Sega didn't like how it ended up, and 2) they didn't want it on any competitor's consoles, so they pulled the license, and the story/characters got changed to something original (but the gameplay remained the same). You can clearly see that the characters in that were originally supposed to be the SOR characters.

    But that "3D, open world" style beat-em-up, while not a bad game in and of itself, does not fit SOR or Final Fight. IMO they need to stay 2D. The SOR4 we got is FAR superior to any of the polygonal concepts being experimented with throughout the 26 years it took to get this one.

  19. #27939
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,890
    2DHD games have been having somewhat of a renaissance as of late, it was the perfect time to bring back SoR and stick to the classic format (while making a few other improvements such as items on a unique button) and going with the tried and true rule of "if it's not broke, don't fix it"

    Having a lot of fun in coop, got two unlocks left then I'm done. Kinda sad Roo isn't playable, but nice touch having him as the bartender.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  20. #27940
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,697
    There's also that Jay and Silent Bob that's an 8-bit style beat em up game coming out for the Switch soon. It looks alright.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •