1. #28021
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you honestly think the only reason XBC1 was successful was because of the console it was on, you're just flat out wrong.

    It's still considering a masterpiece even on the Switch. Hell, even with how watered down the 3DS version was, it was STILL wildly popular. That should tell you something.
    + The even remaster is higher reviewed then Xenoblade 2 but he is acting like Xenoblade 2 is the better game that made the series popular? What did I just read?

    Xenoblade 1 is a flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece none the less. You don't have to do side quests to finish the game, you don't have to craft to finish the game so there go's 2 of his complaints right off the bat. If you don't like doing that shit, simply don't do it. The game doesn't force you to. Most of the side quests don't even give xp, and the ones that do are typically the actual named side quests not "monster quest 3" and the named quests have cool mini stories that progress the world building.

    Xenoblade 2 is far more of a chore because of blade RNG and skill checks needed simply to progress main story. And I love Xenoblade 2 as well but if any game is the slog... it's 2.

  2. #28022
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    + The even remaster is higher reviewed then Xenoblade 2 but he is acting like Xenoblade 2 is the better game that made the series popular? What did I just read?

    Xenoblade 1 is a flawed masterpiece but a masterpiece none the less. You don't have to do side quests to finish the game, you don't have to craft to finish the game so there go's 2 of his complaints right off the bat. If you don't like doing that shit, simply don't do it. The game doesn't force you to. Most of the side quests don't even give xp, and the ones that do are typically the actual named side quests not "monster quest 3" and the named quests have cool mini stories that progress the world building.

    Xenoblade 2 is far more of a chore because of blade RNG and skill checks needed simply to progress main story. And I love Xenoblade 2 as well but if any game is the slog... it's 2.
    I fully agree. I just tried getting back into Xenoblade 2 and I got slammed with how much I slacked off on leveling blades's skill charts up and not doing side quests and TIGER TIGER UGH.

    I know Xenoblade 1 does have a lot of side stuff, like how entire talent trees are locked behind Colony ranking and what not, but it never felt like it factored heavily into the main story itself, unlike making sure you feed your blades their favorite foods.

  3. #28023
    Ironically enough, my issue with Xenoblade 1 wasn't the gameplay itself, but the resolution of the game. To be fair, I'm having similar issues with current games, but I swear most of these games are meant to be played on really large screens. If you have a smaller TV screen, everything is so tiny that it always gives me headaches after playing for a short while. I had such a hard time reading the text, as well, and I have 10/20 vision.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #28024
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I fully agree. I just tried getting back into Xenoblade 2 and I got slammed with how much I slacked off on leveling blades's skill charts up and not doing side quests and TIGER TIGER UGH.

    I know Xenoblade 1 does have a lot of side stuff, like how entire talent trees are locked behind Colony ranking and what not, but it never felt like it factored heavily into the main story itself, unlike making sure you feed your blades their favorite foods.
    Only hard part with xenoblade 2 was......Ursula

    Tiger tiger could be ignored as you could just enter a special area and buy stuff for points you earned there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Ironically enough, my issue with Xenoblade 1 wasn't the gameplay itself, but the resolution of the game. To be fair, I'm having similar issues with current games, but I swear most of these games are meant to be played on really large screens. If you have a smaller TV screen, everything is so tiny that it always gives me headaches after playing for a short while. I had such a hard time reading the text, as well, and I have 10/20 vision.
    Did you change the game camera? It kinda helps if you adjust distance from character.

  5. #28025
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Only hard part with xenoblade 2 was......Ursula

    Tiger tiger could be ignored as you could just enter a special area and buy stuff for points you earned there.
    New game+ only.
    Not in the first playthrough.

    So if you want to use Tora the first playthrough you have to suck it up.

    And to clarify, it's not difficult to navigate a million menus, hunt down specific foods and monsters to slay, and what not.

    It's tedious. It's boring.

  6. #28026
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    New game+ only.
    Not in the first playthrough.

    So if you want to use Tora the first playthrough you have to suck it up.

    And to clarify, it's not difficult to navigate a million menus, hunt down specific foods and monsters to slay, and what not.

    It's tedious. It's boring.
    You could skip most of those by sending blades on missions. Only some specific blades needed to do a specific area.

  7. #28027
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Only hard part with xenoblade 2 was......Ursula

    Tiger tiger could be ignored as you could just enter a special area and buy stuff for points you earned there.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Did you change the game camera? It kinda helps if you adjust distance from character.
    Ursula wasn't hard, just grindy as all hell with the way it tied into the whole real time missions thing it had. There's no good reason to even other with that joke of an affinity chart she has given there's much better blade options in the game to begin with than her.

  8. #28028
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,901
    I'm annoyed that Luigi's Mansion 3 isn't on sale, I've been wanting to pick it up for a while.

  9. #28029
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm annoyed that Luigi's Mansion 3 isn't on sale, I've been wanting to pick it up for a while.
    Nintendo 1st parties never go to any substantial sales. At best you might get it for 50$ three years from now.

  10. #28030
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,237
    Xenoblade is one of the best jrpgs of all time and a dude who shills for trails of cold steel the hedgehog 24/7 complaining about padding when it took 4 games to finish the story is lol

  11. #28031
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    You could skip most of those by sending blades on missions. Only some specific blades needed to do a specific area.
    Unless I missed it, pretty sure you can't send the important blades off, like Poppi and Mythra.

    That being said, waiting anywhere from 30-60 minutes IN GAME isn't great either, while also gimping yourself from blades you're trying to use.

  12. #28032
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Xenoblade is one of the best jrpgs of all time and a dude who shills for trails of cold steel the hedgehog 24/7 complaining about padding when it took 4 games to finish the story is lol
    Not that your statement is wrong but you're giving falcom way too much credit if you think they finished the story in CS4 lmao. CS4 ending leaves more questions then answers, their team simply has no idea how to wrap up story arcs. Hell their big marketing point for Trails of the Begining is that it "puts the events in motion to lead to series ending" probably gonna get another trilogy based in Calvard after this game. They're gonna milk Trails until Japan stops buying it, the series was originally supposed to end with SC(7 fucking games ago) so color me skeptical they actually deliver on their promise of ending the series any time soon. This is the fucking bleach of JRPGs.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-15 at 03:21 AM.

  13. #28033
    anyone here with a switch lite?
    do you regret it and wish you bought the normal version?

    kinda can't decide which version I want... lite version is cheaper and basically the handheld (gameboy) type (imo)
    while the normal version is handheld (gameboy)+ home console (gamecube/wii)...

    games I would/want to buy/play: pokemon, zelda, mario (party), dragon quest, smash bros, some rpg's...
    is the normal version worth it?

    please help :x

  14. #28034
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    anyone here with a switch lite?
    do you regret it and wish you bought the normal version?

    kinda can't decide which version I want... lite version is cheaper and basically the handheld (gameboy) type (imo)
    while the normal version is handheld (gameboy)+ home console (gamecube/wii)...

    games I would/want to buy/play: pokemon, zelda, mario (party), dragon quest, smash bros, some rpg's...
    is the normal version worth it?

    please help :x
    I would never give up the ability to just sit down and put it up on my monitor personally.

  15. #28035
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    anyone here with a switch lite?
    do you regret it and wish you bought the normal version?

    kinda can't decide which version I want... lite version is cheaper and basically the handheld (gameboy) type (imo)
    while the normal version is handheld (gameboy)+ home console (gamecube/wii)...

    games I would/want to buy/play: pokemon, zelda, mario (party), dragon quest, smash bros, some rpg's...
    is the normal version worth it?

    please help :x
    RPGs are fine but playing Mario or Smash in handheld sucks ass, you really want the option to use a real controller for those. You can connect a pro controller to a lite but at that point might as well own the actual switch and not be playing on a tiny ass screen.

  16. #28036
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    anyone here with a switch lite?
    do you regret it and wish you bought the normal version?

    kinda can't decide which version I want... lite version is cheaper and basically the handheld (gameboy) type (imo)
    while the normal version is handheld (gameboy)+ home console (gamecube/wii)...

    games I would/want to buy/play: pokemon, zelda, mario (party), dragon quest, smash bros, some rpg's...
    is the normal version worth it?

    please help :x
    If you can afford it, and can find it right now, even if play exclusively handheld, I still suggest the normal switch. The screen is bigger, more customization with joycon's, grips, decals etc. I think the battery is better. And the option to hook it up to the TV is always there.

  17. #28037
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,237
    Well switch is getting its first kh game so here comes more 1.5-3 port begging plz square

  18. #28038
    Thanks, I thought so...
    now the waiting begins till the switch is available again...

  19. #28039
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Geez, I swear the sidequests in XC1 are even worse then I remembered, you get like 30 before even making very far into the beginning of the game. Thank goodness for the improved tracker.
    I haven't gotten super far, but these are kinda calming to me, lol. I love the quest markers and I make a minigame out of collecting, finishing them before I get on with the main story.

    I agree they are a bit dull storywise usually, but the metagame of going around this cool world and clicking exclamation marks while I explore is good fun. It's a way to interact with the open world right away, so yeah, I love the way they are handled here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, they should port P4G to Switch and PS4/5. I don't understand why they haven't done this. Once the Vita lost it as an exclusive, I figured it would just go everywhere. It is way too perfect a game for portable consoles not to be on Switch. A shame. I would imagine it would sell loads, and it just came to PC, so why?

  20. #28040
    Pokemon starts pushing a season pass like 2010 era EA: Crickets

    Pokemon announces new Snap game: The Internet Fucking Explodes.



    2020 is a like a year anyone from a time before it would think is nothing but lies.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •