Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Temtem is like one step above a chinese knock off. It gamefreak honestly wants to improve Pokemon I really hope they aren't using that trash as inspiration.
    They wont be able to. It does have quite a lot of adult jokes.

Temtem is like one step above a chinese knock off. It gamefreak honestly wants to improve Pokemon I really hope they aren't using that trash as inspiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    temtem is like a kmart knock off pokemon. its not even close. game is garbo compared to sword and shield
    Have you guys even played it? If it's just a knock off then why are there so many Youtube videos saying how much better it is than Sword and Shield? Why is it that the user reviews are "Very Positive" on Steam?

Why is it that a small indy team working off of Kickstarted money can add so many of the features people have been wanting like Following Pokemon, seeing other players in the world, a higher level of difficulty for experienced players, etc. and do it far more successfully than Gamefreak did?

Pokemon is the most successful franchise in the world. Gamefreak should have all the resources to make the best game possible, so the fact that Temtem is even close, or in my opinion, even surpasses Sword and Shield is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Have you guys even played it? If it's just a knock off then why are there so many Youtube videos saying how much better it is than Sword and Shield? Why is it that the user reviews are "Very Positive" on Steam?

Why is it that a small indy team working off of Kickstarted money can add so many of the features people have been wanting like Following Pokemon, seeing other players in the world, a higher level of difficulty for experienced players, etc. and do it far more successfully than Gamefreak did?

Pokemon is the most successful franchise in the world. Gamefreak should have all the resources to make the best game possible, so the fact that Temtem is even close, or in my opinion, even surpasses Sword and Shield is a joke.
    .....and its not even finished....

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The more i play of isle of armor the more i see its a 10/10 game wrapped in a 6/10's body
    What happens when you are like 70% done and The Pokemon Company says "The merch is all ready, we need the base game out in 3 months, get to it".
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Have you guys even played it?
    Why would I play a shitty chinese knockoff from a team not even trying to make their own game? I barely play Pokemon as it is now and you think I want to play some shitty ass early access bare bones, shameless rip off of Pokemon? Yea sir, no thanks.

Why would I play a shitty chinese knockoff from a team not even trying to make their own game? I barely play Pokemon as it is now and you think I want to play some shitty ass early access bare bones, shameless rip off of Pokemon? Yea sir, no thanks.
    You sound... so dumb right now. First of all the team is from Spain. Secondly, just because a game is inspired by another game, doesn't mean it's a rip off. The game has plenty of its own ideas and takes on the genre. Which you would know if you actually played the game, but instead you just want to mindlessly hate the game.

It's a good thing someone is entering the monster training genre, because clearly Pokemon has grown complacent.

so pokemon has the only monopoly for monster catching and training?
    if you really looked into it you would see it's not just a rip off. it has features which pokemon doesnt but fans want
    I don't say it's the best or better than pokemon but it's a good thing someone other entered the arena so pokemon (gamefreak) has to improve to stay on top

You sound... so dumb right now.
    Starting a retort with "you're so dumb" is never a good look. Didn't even bother reading the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    If only that was the only theme copied from pokemon and not literally everything. You can make a monster collecting and battle game without shamelessly ripping off Pokemon without any original ideas of your own. When I watched the shitty ass trailer long ago that was just going down a generic pokemon route, with generic pokemon battle intros the game is shamelessly trying to be Pokemon and the team has no artistic vision of their own.

There is a reason one is a 15+ million seller per entry in franchise and the other is a shitty early access game on steam that will only ever have a tiny fraction of the player base. Sorry if reality hurts but knockoffs aren't popular for a reason. Stardew Valley or Undertale are examples of something taking inspiration from something without being a shameless knock off. This is not.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-22 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    if you really looked into it you would see it's not just a rip off. it has features which pokemon doesnt but fans want
    I don't say it's the best or better than pokemon but it's a good thing someone other entered the arena so pokemon (gamefreak) has to improve to stay on top
    Sadly, unless Temtem sells REALLY well once finished and on the switch and actually takes away sales from an upcoming Pokemon game, it won't make any sort of impact on it.
    Just because there's another game, doesn't magically make them go "fk, we need to improve", because they don't have anywhere near the playerbase or marketshare in that space

I mean after playing smt 4 they both suck

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean after playing smt 4 they both suck
    Reminded me smt 5 is somewhere in development

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Reminded me smt 5 is somewhere in development
    That game being in production was announced way too early. They should just have kept quiet about it when it was several years out from being ready.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That game being in production was announced way too early. They should just have kept quiet about it when it was several years out from being ready.
    Likely where pressured by Nintendo into being at the Switch reveal. Very similar to how Nintendo announced SMTxFE way too fucking early for the game to finally surface years later with a real trailer. The announcement trailer was literally P5 demon models imported into some generic Unreal 4 background. Atlus already learned their lesson with P5 and outside of SMTV all of their more recent projects have been announced and released in quick fashion, hard to think Nintendo didn't have a play in this.

It probably was going to be a late 2020/early 2021 release in Japan though with marketing starting soon but covid-19 may have effected that. Atlus normally doesn't take long before starting the marketing on next big release in Japan and so far have gotten nothing since P5S release in march. SMTV is likely their next big release as the P5 fighting game is probably much further out since ASW has been ass deep in projects.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-23 at 01:22 AM.

Starting a retort with "you're so dumb" is never a good look. Didn't even bother reading the rest.
    Funny that you talk to people like this all the time on this site, but when someone does it to you, you just can't take it. I'm just telling it like it is.

Move over the last of us we got some real KHNO back on the menu!

http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I found my kindred spirit.

Well, until the left joycon had drift that fucked me right off so I bought a pro controller.

IoA is good, the story is barely there and there's zero challenge, but the QoL additions, dex expansion and new moves for the meta make it worth it.

Hoping that Tundra has more storyline content.
    Fixed 6 Joy con drifts so far, the aftermarket ones are way better quality and don't break as far as I can see so far.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

I think the greatest strength to SW/SH is the accessibility to competitive play.

It has never been easier to catch, breed and train up pokemon for endgame PvP. Pushing up the max rank tier in 2v2 with a trick room, but I think I need to swap into a speed based psychic sweep soon. The meta isn't kind to trick with all the hard counters and stalls that exist.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I think the greatest strength to SW/SH is the accessibility to competitive play.

It has never been easier to catch, breed and train up pokemon for endgame PvP. Pushing up the max rank tier in 2v2 with a trick room, but I think I need to swap into a speed based psychic sweep soon. The meta isn't kind to trick with all the hard counters and stalls that exist.
    Or they could just do it like Temtem, where pvp every pokemon has maxed ivs and only thing you need to pre-train are SVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Or they could just do it like Temtem, where pvp every pokemon has maxed ivs and only thing you need to pre-train are SVs.
    See, you don't always want max IVs, so that wouldn't work.

Also simply handing everything to you removes a part of the experience. You don't build that team up yourself, while it's less RNG than it was, there's still something rewarding in seeing a team you crafted and worked on tear into others.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Welp. The Pokemon direct was literally just a "free to start mobile moba from tencent" because tencent bought the likeness rights to pokemon for the chinese market. People are "upset" to be kind.