I was hoping for Master Chief

So did I miss something....

Why is Animal Crossing Limited Edition switch's popping up in stores all over the place?

As a collector part of me has considered getting one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Why is Animal Crossing Limited Edition switch's popping up in stores all over the place?

That is good.

I payed like €500 for mine at the black market when it was hyped. Probablyused it for a month or two and then never again. Ifit's resurfacing then the prices shouldn't be that high and more people can have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    That is good.

I payed like €500 for mine at the black market when it was hyped. Probablyused it for a month or two and then never again. Ifit's resurfacing then the prices shouldn't be that high and more people can have it.
    Ya they are showing up all over the place here. Even my old store has a few of them and you can buy one right now from best buy.

(Scalpers can eat a dick lol)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Had 40 of them at Target.

And...6 red/blue switches.

Honestly I have no idea. They were far more numerous than the normal switch. Dunno if Nintendo just ramped up on production on them, or did they find a stockpile they never shipped lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Had 40 of them at Target.

And...6 red/blue switches.

Honestly I have no idea. They were far more numerous than the normal switch. Dunno if Nintendo just ramped up on production on them, or did they find a stockpile they never shipped lol
    Ya almost makes me want to buy one as a collector even tho I'm not big on AC.

Its a nice looking console even more so compared to the other Limited Editions they did.

Side note: Wish the switch had a MMO (Besides DCUO/Dauntless) or a Multiplayer drop in & out RPG.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-10-02 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I might be able to say that about Cloud Strife or Terry Bogard, yet they are in Smash Bros as well. I still hoping that one day they will announce Sora (from Kingdom Hearts), as I think he'd actually be a good fit for the game.
    yeah soras my main want too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, I certainly didn't want Steve in Smash honestly, but really the biggest issue with him is the artstyle being extremely out of place.

This isn't some "end of the world" addition, and it certainly isn't the worst they could have added.
    reminds me of game and watch sorta in how out of place he looks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They did a reprint of that SE.

O C T O B E R

*pro tip: you get the recipes from townsfolk building shit in their homes as well as balloons.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Has anyone tried Hades ?

I'd actually never heard of it before until I saw the trailer during the mini direct and after hearing overwhelming positive things about it I decided to buy it.
    Let me tell you its one of the finest games ive played all year and completely addiciting! Its very polished and full of charming characters.
    If you remotely are a fan of rogue-likes then boy this is the best one in a while.

My play time on my switch is dominated by Binding of Issac and Enter the Gungeon. This is so destined to join those 2.
    I was in no way shape or form a rogue-like fan but grabbed this on a whim after hearing so much about it a few days ago. By far the most fun I’ve had with a video game this year. It’s so easy to get lost in the “one more run” mentality. Definitely my GOTY to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I was in no way shape or form a rogue-like fan but grabbed this on a whim after hearing so much about it a few days ago. By far the most fun I’ve had with a video game this year. It’s so easy to get lost in the “one more run” mentality. Definitely my GOTY to this point.
    Ive sunk 50 hours into the game so far and it just never ends with its story and unlocks.

I cant stop playing it!

Steve in a nutshell:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Ive sunk 50 hours into the game so far and it just never ends with its story and unlocks.

I cant stop playing it!
    You should play Bastion and Transistor if you haven’t. Supergiant is a great developer

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    You should play Bastion and Transistor if you haven’t. Supergiant is a great developer
    I played Bastion years ago on pc and did buy it for my switch. Never played there other titles though.

The shortage is fake !

PS5 and new Xbox will be out in a month.
    It is Nintendo's last chance to sell as many as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The shortage is fake !

PS5 and new Xbox will be out in a month.
    It is Nintendo's last chance to sell as many as possible.
    It's portable, it's 200 dollars, it has never had a price drop, BotW2 will come out one day, it has set record sales this year, PS5 and XSX are probably supply constrained for a while, and IMHO there is probably a pro model on the horizon which will lead to many rebuys. Also, the fanbase will rebuy even without a pro, and non-fanbase will keep hopping on once/if price drops hit because they still want to play BotW and Odyssey. Also, games for the majority of the rest of the Switch's presumed remaining lifetime will take place during a time when most games are also still being released on PS4 and XBO, meaning that ports from those systems could likely still come to Switch just as easily as they do now, and also there is no evidence the shortage is fake and also there is evidence of record setting sales...but okay. Also, viral games like AC give Nintendo SO MUCH cred with casuals, they are just always onboarding new gamers.

You really think the Switch will stop selling because of the new Playstation and Xbox's came out? You really think the shortage was fake? Will the other consoles stop selling when the next Nintendo console comes out?

Also, hopefully it doesn't take a month for my PS5 to get here.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-22 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    You really think the Switch will stop selling because of the new Playstation and Xbox's came out? You really think the shortage was fake? Will the other consoles stop selling when the next Nintendo console comes out?
    Yes, Yes, No.
    I saw Switch Animal Crossing bundle in my local stores now.

From my past experience, Xbox doesn't have shortage. It should steal Switch sells.

Yes, Yes, No.

From my past experience, Xbox doesn't have shortage. It should steal Switch sells.
    You can't play AC, Zelda, Pokemon or Mario on a Xbox so no, not really. People aren't looking for Switch's to play madden and CoD.

Sony and MS are competing with each other while Nintendo is off laughing in their own little world printing money.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-10-22 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will obviously affect Switch sales, you'd have to be crazy to think otherwise. That being said, while the market for the PS5 and the Switch do overlap, there is a market of consumers who are only interested in the Switch and are not interested in the biggest shiniest new console. So next gen will not affect that market.

Yes, Yes, No.

What experience?

All consoles have had shortages lately, the Switch has been the only one restocking. Fun fact, I picked up a job at a local store just to make some extra money and the most I've seen of the Xbox/PS4 was 2-3 of them come in. The PS4s are gone already, the Xboxes haven't been touched nor has there been interest in them.

Meanwhile, when we get in 40 Animal Crossing Switches, they're gone in a day and a half. This has happened twice already. People are always calling about pre-ordering the PS5, or if there's any Switches in stock.

I haven't heard a single question about the Xbox, and the most anyone's asked about it is if we have Xbox One controllers.