Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Cartridges or proper SD cards are the only option if they wanna keep portability. Can't fit spinning disc into that formfactor, and avoid read errors when moving around.
    God I wish they went with CDs! It would be like carrying around a 90s/early 2000s portable CD player and comparing which has the best electronic skip protection!

Good times with PSP and discs on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I understand your sentiment but in the end the point TEch614 made still stands.
    There is little value in getting a console when maybe a year or even 2 it will be replaced with something new.

Having said that.
    This gen may be a bit different because BC has been a thing and some major new games are being released cross gen.
    However this is Sony and Microsoft but with Nintendo who for the love of god can't seem to decide on what medium they want to run there games on I can imagine that any future release will again use a different type of storage because the current max 32GB cartridges are just not enough for even today's games.
    I don't have a 4k TV, no plan to anytime soon. I don't care about BC, so there is literally 0 reason for me to spend the money on something I may never use. There are plenty of games I wouldn't mind playing that were out on the PS4, nothing with this new gen interests me. Most of the games from the last gen I have been interested in have showed up on PC anyways and Sony 1st party games don't move the needle with me, which is why I sat out on the PS4. There is no guarantee of BC or ports to the new Nintendo console(all sings point to using the same carts/BC), but if someone wants to play a ton of exclusives or values the portability of the Switch, there is still plenty of value left.

I know I have more than enough disposable income to give everyone in this thread a Switch, but if someone cannot save up a few hundred over the course of 2 years for a new console, then maybe considering a purchase at any time is not the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Cartridges or proper SD cards are the only option if they wanna keep portability. Can't fit spinning disc into that formfactor, and avoid read errors when moving around.
    Going full digital would be a better solution and allow a code in a box sale to keep the retailers happy.
    Sure this would force Nintendo to invest in there online infrastructure but it may be time for them to finally come to this decade and not be stuck in the early 2000s.
    Oh you can use stuff like cartridges if used as a form of verification that you own the game and still go digital with the game files themselves
    Last edited by ati87; 2021-02-08 at 06:24 PM.

No reason to get it, if you don't own a Switch by now.

For Zelda/Mario Fanboys, yes, but they should own a switch by now any way.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    No reason to get it, if you don't own a Switch by now.

For Zelda/Mario Fanboys, yes, but they should own a switch by now any way.
    Ya know what though, I only buy video cards because of my nostalgia from being a warcraft/diablo fanboy. The Switch has a great library, without condition, imho. I would say the barrier to entry is low at $200 dollars(for the lite), and it would be hard for me to regret at that price, even if it only played 1st party games, considering it is the only decent handheld gaming device.

My biggest worry for buying right now would be a pro model, but it seems like many don't believe that will exist, but I'm not sure either way. If a pro model releases, I will have 2 switches, so there's that.

I just finished my 10th Hades run on Switch. It is hard to argue that I've had more fun playing any other device ever, than the fun I had with that game. It might not look as pretty as it does on PC, but after an hour or two of a 40 hour game, it is easy to forget to notice, but that's just me. I might double dip on PC, just because.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-02-08 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...+-bowsers-fury

Currently a 90 after 62 reviews, so far.
    Its just a Wii-u remake. Only new content is something with browser so if you played it before its kinda pointless to buy (its just more expensive Dlc for owners of older game).

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its just a Wii-u remake. Only new content is something with browser so if you played it before its kinda pointless to buy (its just more expensive Dlc for owners of older game).
    Then again, this is WiiU we're talking about. Fraction of Switch'es ownerbase has even touched that console, so for majority it is all new game basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely majority of Switch owners have never played this before.

The Switch outsold the garbage fire that was the WiiU lifetime sales in barely a single year.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Absolutely majority of Switch owners have never played this before.

The Switch outsold the garbage fire that was the WiiU lifetime sales in barely a single year.
    As one that rolled around in the Wii U dumpster fire, I wholeheartedly agree with a 9/10 rating for this game. If you have 3 others to play with it’s a fantastic couch co-op game.

Wii U- 13.5 million units sold
    Switch- 80 million units sold

Even if you say every Wii U owner bought a Switch that is 66.5 million who never had the opportunity to buy and play it on the Wii U. It's not being released for people who owned a Wii U, Bowser's Fury is there to try to persuade a few Wii U owners into a double dip but holy cow talk about a terrible reading of the room mate. At least they actually did put some effort into it for the small minority of Wii U owners to get something out of it because they could of just pulled a DKCTF "funky mode" if they wanted to and made it a worthless release for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As pretty much a pure Zelda/Metroid only fan and I still have ZERO reason to buy a Switch. There hasn't been anything new in the last three years except Links Awakening. Pretty depressing honestly.

I am hoping we see something new for Zelda in the coming days but it will probably just be a bunch of lazy ports - all of which I already have. I might be interested in the HD Ports of OoT/MM but even still not enough to justify buying a Switch. If I could transfer ALL my eshop purchases I may consider it but right now there isn't a lot on there. Nintendo and Online is still very lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    As pretty much a pure Zelda/Metroid only fan and I still have ZERO reason to buy a Switch. There hasn't been anything new in the last three years except Links Awakening. Pretty depressing honestly.

I am hoping we see something new for Zelda in the coming days but it will probably just be a bunch of lazy ports - all of which I already have. I might be interested in the HD Ports of OoT/MM but even still not enough to justify buying a Switch. If I could transfer ALL my eshop purchases I may consider it but right now there isn't a lot on there. Nintendo and Online is still very lacking.
    my wife has a switch, she has the Zelda game but i just can't get myself to try it for whatver reason.. an OOT HD remake would be an insta-purchase from this guy :P
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post

I'll take the ports. I'd rather have Zelda/Metroid ports than any 3rd party game you could name except Elden Ring or, ironically, a theoretical RE4 remake.

I also really like Mario, Fire Emblem, indies, portability, and XBC/jrpgs in general so the Switch has been excellent for me. I also love the PS5 and PC atm.

As well as the Switch has done, I don't think it has had a price cut, and hopefully a new Zelda and/or Metroid will release on it, so maybe one day it will be worth it for you. There is always a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    my wife has a switch, she has the Zelda game but i just can't get myself to try it for whatver reason.. an OOT HD remake would be an insta-purchase from this guy :P
    Ah, BotW, some people hate it, some love it. I, for one, love it, and consider it one of my GoaTs. I just think it is a really good game, but everyone has an opinion.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-02-10 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I'll take the ports. I'd rather have Zelda/Metroid ports than any 3rd party game you could name except Elden Ring or, ironically, a theoretical RE4 remake.

I also really like Mario, Fire Emblem, indies, portability, and XBC/jrpgs in general so the Switch has been excellent for me. I also love the PS5 and PC atm.

As well as the Switch has done, I don't think it has had a price cut, and hopefully a new Zelda and/or Metroid will release on it, so maybe one day it will be worth it for you. There is always a chance.
    Well Ill take ports if they are FREE since I paid for all of them already on my WiiU. But I would honestly rather have Metroid Prime be a hd remaster.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Going full digital would be a better solution and allow a code in a box sale to keep the retailers happy.
    Sure this would force Nintendo to invest in there online infrastructure but it may be time for them to finally come to this decade and not be stuck in the early 2000s.
    Oh you can use stuff like cartridges if used as a form of verification that you own the game and still go digital with the game files themselves
    The thing is that in terms of demographics, the US is one of the largest markets and a good chunk of the population still doesn't have reliable enough internet to go full digital. Not to mention in North America we still have the issues of having data caps on top of access and bandwidth issues. Which is a shame really. That said, I'll always prefer physical media because even when consoles have been replaced, I'll always have access to my games and there's no worries about losing accounts to hackers or the services getting shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The thing is that in terms of demographics, the US is one of the largest markets and a good chunk of the population still doesn't have reliable enough internet to go full digital. Not to mention in North America we still have the issues of having data caps on top of access and bandwidth issues. Which is a shame really. That said, I'll always prefer physical media because even when consoles have been replaced, I'll always have access to my games and there's no worries about losing accounts to hackers or the services getting shut down.
    Imagine buying a Nintendo game digitally when they hold their value for decades. I don't think it will ever happen but if I ever entered a financial crisis I have thousands of dollars worth of Nintendo games from SNES to Switch if I ever needed to sell them. I will buy Nintendo games physically until they no longer offer the option. This won't be anytime soon, completely ignore the shit US internet the physical game market in Japan is HUGE, the digital share there is fucking minuscule, if Nintendo abandons physical games it's not going to be in the 2020s.

When it comes to other AAA games that depreciate in value so fast they are worthless coasters w/e buy them digitally if you want but with Nintendo games? It's like someone gave you the option of 1000 amazon shares or 1000 gamestop shares for the same price and you willingly chose gamestop. That's how silly buying a digital nintendo game is.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-02-11 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow to focus on the first half of this year. This is a standard direct, not an indie. I’d love to see some Zelda ports in this.
    The direct is Sunday, not tomorrow.

Just give me Metroid Nintendo - you have one job. I'll settle for BoTW2 / Silksong info though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The direct is Sunday, not tomorrow.
    Sunday is the official 35th Anniversary of the Zelda franchise, the Direct is tomorrow