if you always have high expectations then you will always be disappointed.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    if you always have high expectations then you will always be disappointed.
    Expecting the bare minimum is not having high expectations. Sword and Shield failed to meet the bare minimum that Pokemon had set and other Nintendo franchises had set. No one was expecting it to be the greatest game of all time or at least I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Expecting the bare minimum is not having high expectations. Sword and Shield failed to meet the bare minimum that Pokemon had set and other Nintendo franchises had set. No one was expecting it to be the greatest game of all time or at least I wasn't.
    do you capture pokemon and fight trainers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It met the bare minimum. You wanted more than that.
    It didn't include all the Pokemon unlike the previous games. It didn't have environmental puzzles unlike the previous games. It didn't have the GTS ingame unlike the previous games. They removed tons of moves that the previous games had. Just because they added the Wild Area (which doesn't even meet the bare minimum in open world design) doesn't excuse all the things they cut from that game that we have come to expect from previous entries.

I'm sure there's probably more, but that's what I could think of off the top of my head. Just because you were okay with the games, doesn't mean that they met the bare minimum.

At least it wasn't Cyberpunk 2077 levels of broken.

But, yeah - in many ways Sword and Shield felt very bare bones to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    At least it wasn't Cyberpunk 2077 levels of broken.

But, yeah - in many ways Sword and Shield felt very bare bones to me.
    It was a relatively stable game for sure, other than the poor framerate in the Wild Area when online. And I can't deny that I did enjoy it, albeit far less than other mainline Pokemon entries, but regardless of personal opinions, it was objectively lacking in features and content from previous games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    for someone who just bought a switch(it suppose to arrive monday) and pokemon sword and shield.

any game suggestions?
    Note: I do plan to get Zelda: breath of the wild, Mario kart, Mario party, and smash bros.
    I'd also recommend(if you haven't gotten the multiplates on another platform, that is):

Odyssey
    Hades
    Three Houses
    Hollow Knight
    Xenoblade Chronicles 1, 2, Torna
    Dragon Quest XI S

If you like Mario, I would also suggest picking up Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Honestly, just naming the Nintendo and big 3rd party games besides those above that I would suggest on the console would be a very large list.

If I'm picking a relatively obscure recommendation that would probably only come from me, Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age aged excellently and is a perfect game on the Switch imo.

There are plenty of 3rd party games like Dark Souls Remastered, Dragon's Dogma, DOS2, Diablo 3, Doom, Skyrim ect, which are masterpieces and on Switch, but which I played on another platform.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-03-22 at 03:36 PM.

Monster Hunter Rise this weeeeeek woooooot. Going to be streaming on Twitch with a friend for a week straight haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Monster Hunter Rise this weeeeeek woooooot. Going to be streaming on Twitch with a friend for a week straight haha.
    I’m actually pretty hyped for it and I’m not the biggest MH fan

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it, you’re confusing doing the max with the minimum.
    ....sure thing kiddo

Latest Bloomberg rumor is that the Pro will use a new Nvidia chip that supports DLSS to do “4k”.
    Yeah, I was reading that. I swear I've heard people claim this could not be done easily, or something. Perhaps there is a new technology?

Anyway, Bloomberg has been talking a lot about this thing, I wonder if they have an inside source?

DLSS 2.0 is pretty spectacular at upconversion.
    So if Super Nintendo Switch exists, and has DLSS 2.0, doesn't it need some of them, "AI-accelerating Tensor Cores"?

So I wonder could it launch with a new gpu with some tensor cores and probably slightly bumped cpu, then add a OLED or micro-led screen at 720p for handheld(which has plenty of pixel density for that screen size) and 4k upgrade with DLSS on docked mode and more mem/battery capacity, perhaps? I wonder if the joycons would see a redesign?

I know we don't have any answers yet, but very exciting.

Not gonna lie, I laugh every time I see people bring up the trees in Pokemon.

It's like, we just had people ripping into the d/p remake saying it looks awful and the originals look better, how they should have copied sw/sh, but now also ripping into sw/sh.

You can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

It's like, we just had people ripping into the d/p remake saying it looks awful and the originals look better, how they should have copied sw/sh, but now also ripping into sw/sh.

You can't win.
    Everybody wants to be the smartest person in the room, so they try to find something to complain about that nobody else understands I guess. Any game with a lot of sales will end up covered in those looking to advertise their own intelligence by disparaging the game.

That isn't to say legitimate criticism isn't valuable. It is just rather difficult to identify.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-03-23 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You can't win.
    Well i mean valheim has better looking trees and runs on less polygons:
    https://valheim.fandom.com/wiki/Birch
    https://valheim.fandom.com/wiki/Beech
    Don't sweat the details!!!

my switch arrives today. i am excited.

10+ Year Old Account

You can't win.
    ...This isn't a hard concept to understand. People think that Sword and Shield look bad (for the record I don't think they look great, but the graphics are not the problem I have with those games personally) and then the D/P remakes were announced and people think they look WORSE. So these people would rather have the games that look "bad" aka Sword and Shield instead of the games that look horrible aka the D/P remakes.

It's entirely logical.

Shocking nobody it looks like Rise has sold out of its initial stock across Japan. I don't think i would have said it could even happen a few games ago but with the rona delays of most big releases, the huge switch installbase craving a big budget release and all the new people brought in with World i honestly would not be that surprised if Rise ends up being one of if not the biggest release of 2021
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2021-03-23 at 09:26 PM.

...This isn't a hard concept to understand. People think that Sword and Shield look bad (for the record I don't think they look great, but the graphics are not the problem I have with those games personally) and then the D/P remakes were announced and people think they look WORSE. So these people would rather have the games that look "bad" aka Sword and Shield instead of the games that look horrible aka the D/P remakes.

It's entirely logical.
    Not a pokemon fan myself. I believe graphics do not matter, and they fade to background noise when playing, and fps is greatly preferred so I don't really have a reason to be talking about this, and my mentality about graphics is certainly probably outside of the mainstream, I realize....but, I mean...would it be a better game with more realistic tree textures?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Not a pokemon fan myself. I believe graphics do not matter, and they fade to background noise when playing, and fps is greatly preferred so I don't really have a reason to be talking about this, and my mentality about graphics is certainly probably outside of the mainstream, I realize....but, I mean...would it be a better game with more realistic tree textures?
    That depends entirely on the art style. I do want to say, that I don't particularly care so much about raw graphical fidelity myself. I played FF12: The Zodiac Age last year and think it's one of the most beautiful games ever made. I also put 400 hours into Final Fantasy 11 last year as well, which looks ancient by today's standards.

But when it comes to a remake, the only real reason to get the game is for the graphical improvements. As far as we know, there aren't any major gameplay changes or additional content being added, so if people aren't satisfied with the graphics, then the project is a failure. At least for people who've played the games previously.