Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Completely different teams. Nintendo does not make those HD remaster in house, they are out sourced. If Nintendo wanted them on Switch, they would be on Switch.
    They would still be funding it. So if resources were impacted enough, they may not have wanted to spend on those. Most likely, the pandemic caused a big enough delay to BotW2 that they are holding off on any Switch ports/remasters to fill in any void in case it's a holiday 2022 or 2023 release.

Pikmin 3 was ready to go months before it was released, and was held back for that reason. It just amazes me that so many people act as if we weren't in a global pandemic(still are), for a year that seriously disrupted everything on the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Well so far the Prime Games are prequels, so it makes sense they would be involved in Prime titles.

As far as that dev diary said though, he said: "The series has chronicled the uncanny relationship between Metroids and the heroine Samus, but this game will mark the end to that story arc." Which likely means that this is the last Metroid title that involves Metroids as the plot focus/mcguffin that leads the story forward.

Without the titular creatures, any sequel that takes place after this will need a new focus theme, which really only leaves space pirates, the Galactic Federation, or the Chozo. The first two are not really interesting enough to lead a story alone, but the Chozo and their mysterious departure from the Galaxy is. Its the only logical step from here unless Dread reveals a new big bad/plot device to lead the franchise forward.
    Prime games are their own thing. They are like an AU time line. They have the same/similar themes but are not officially on the main Metroid timeline. That way Prime games can do their own thing and 2D can do theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    They would still be funding it. So if resources were impacted enough, they may not have wanted to spend on those. Most likely, the pandemic caused a big enough delay to BotW2 that they are holding off on any Switch ports/remasters to fill in any void in case it's a holiday 2022 or 2023 release.

Pikmin 3 was ready to go months before it was released, and was held back for that reason. It just amazes me that so many people act as if we weren't in a global pandemic(still are), for a year that seriously disrupted everything on the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Prime games are their own thing. They are like an AU time line. They have the same/similar themes but are not officially on the main Metroid timeline. That way Prime games can do their own thing and 2D can do theirs.
    Prime games are not an AU time line, they're canonically taking place in between Metroid 1 and Metroid 2

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Prime games are not an AU time line, they're canonically taking place in between Metroid 1 and Metroid 2
    Depends on what Sakamoto feels when he wakes up. Originally he wanted Prime to be it's own story. In 2010 he said they were canon. In 2015 he said they were not. U less he has something different since his most recent statements say it's not part if the main Metroid timeline.

They would still be funding it. So if resources were impacted enough, they may not have wanted to spend on those.
    Ah yes, the most cash rich company in all of Japan is surely worried about some cheap ass ports that cost them basically nothing. Brilliant logic. The reality is they don't care, you where never getting a large Zelda collection. The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what Sakamoto feels when he wakes up. Originally he wanted Prime to be it's own story. In 2010 he said they were canon. In 2015 he said they were not. U less he has something different since his most recent statements say it's not part if the main Metroid timeline.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/com...es_fit_in_the/

Unless Nintendo has changed their minds yet again since the SNES classic guidebook from 2017, the official chronology of Metroid is what I outlined above.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-06-16 at 03:46 PM.

They would still be funding it.
    For Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, The funding is already done. They would just have to port it from Wii-U to switch and that would take less than a month.

For OoT/MM both of those received a remaster on the 3DS so it would be upscaling them (if they use those versions) or just HD upscale the Gamecube versions. The fact of the matter is Nintendo doesn't really give a shit about Zelda. Mario sells and that's what Nintendo cares about. You don't see a Zelda theme park you see a Mario theme park.

Has nothing to do with the pandemic.

Nintendo has barely if at all acknowledged the Zelda anniversary and what we are getting is a Skyward Sword HD port and a toy.

Hell there was more Mario in that direct than Zelda lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-06-16 at 03:43 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/com...es_fit_in_the/

Unless Nintendo has changed their minds yet again since the SNES classic guidebook from 2017, the official chronology of Metroid is what I outlined above.
    Ty for that. Never saw that before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, The funding is already done. They would just have to port it from Wii-U to switch and that would take less than a month.

For OoT/MM both of those received a remaster on the 3DS so it would be upscaling them (if they use those versions) or just HD upscale the Gamecube versions. The fact of the matter is Nintendo doesn't really give a shit about Zelda. Mario sells and that's what Nintendo cares about. You don't see a Zelda theme park you see a Mario theme park.

Has nothing to do with the pandemic.

Nintendo has barely if at all acknowledged the Zelda anniversary and what we are getting is a Skyward Sword HD port and a toy.

Hell there was more Mario in that direct than Zelda lol.
    Bringing those ports takes a year or less. The pandemic absolutely would have had an impact. Regardless, it's most likely a Pikman 3 situation if they were planning on them at all.

Does it really matter. All Anniversary stuffs turns into a whinefest about shit being too expensive, not remastered enough, or not enough was done. It's literally a lose/lose situation most if the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ah yes, the most cash rich company in all of Japan is surely worried about some cheap ass ports that cost them basically nothing. Brilliant logic. The reality is they don't care, you where never getting a large Zelda collection. The end.
    Ah yes, you must be an insider with insight as to how their financials work. I never wanted a large Zelda collection anyways. Played them all when they came out on their launch systems. Have no need to play them again. I'm sure others may have wanted it, but I just don't care about older games.

Bringing those ports takes a year or less. The pandemic absolutely would have had an impact.
    One again no it wouldn't because....

1) They would outsource the HD remakes like they always do. The Pandemic hurt big budget games, but if you haven't noticed smaller titles did just fine because you don't need people working 9 to 5 7 days a week to get it done. The same applies to a HD port even more so when two of the games already have HD versions.

and

2) Did you not see the huge list of games they gave that is slated for this year and onward?

Nintendo doesn't give any shits about Zelda because Zelda mainly sells as a video game. While Mario (and the Mario universe) sells as much more than a game. Hell they could have said (There is a Zelda bundle coming but due to the pandemic its delayed a bit) and that would have been fine.

The fact he outright said (No other zelda titles are in the works) shows they really don't give a shit.

Hell (tinfoil hat moment) I personally feel if it wasn't for Shigeru Miyamoto we wouldn't have anymore Zelda titles period.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-06-16 at 06:36 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Ah yes, you must be an insider
    You don't have to be an insider to know Nintendo is happy to release 1 Zelda game a year for eternity. Spoiler alert: If BoTW2 actually meets 2022 it will also be the only Zelda game in that year like SS is this year. If for some reason it gets delayed they will pull a port of a single game out of their ass and sell it for $60 like with SS. That is it, and that is all.

Acting like Nintendo is concerned about their budget to the point where they can't fund a cheap port that would have a 10x return on profits has to be the most laughable ass pull ever. Nintendo could port their entire back catalog of the franchise and release it this year, they also wouldn't lose money on it. Spoiler alert, they don't want to because they think spreading out releases is better for long term.

The fact everyone was so convinced there would be a Zelda collection because there was a mario one has to be the most laughable shit ever. Mario already had a history of limited collections like that. The closest thing Zelda ever had to that was the WW preorder bonus that had OoT and MM but even comparing a struggling gamecube where Nintendo was trying anything and everything to try and move units to the behemoth that is the Switch is well... dumb.

So I posted this on the Nintendo Switch subreddit, but I just wanted to get some additional thoughts here from the MMO-Champion community.

I am mostly a PC MMORPG player, and am looking for a handheld/portable console to play games (mostly online with/against others) while I am travelling or away from home. Is the Switch Lite a good option to play "MMO-like" games?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    So I posted this on the Nintendo Switch subreddit, but I just wanted to get some additional thoughts here from the MMO-Champion community.

I am mostly a PC MMORPG player, and am looking for a handheld/portable console to play games (mostly online with/against others) while I am travelling or away from home. Is the Switch Lite a good option to play "MMO-like" games?

Thanks in advance
    Umm define mmo like cause switch don't have to much of that. If it's my definition you basically have Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Umm define mmo like cause switch don't have to much of that. If it's my definition you basically have Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing
    Honestly, just any game(s) that feature some sort of group online play, whether that's 4+ or more, and where I can customize my avatar. I've also read Monster Hunter Rise and Animal Crossing have such features. What about Pokemon Sword/Shield? Or how would Overwatch play on a Switch Lite? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Honestly, just any game(s) that feature some sort of group online play, whether that's 4+ or more, and where I can customize my avatar. I've also read Monster Hunter Rise and Animal Crossing have such features. What about Pokemon Sword/Shield? Or how would Overwatch play on a Switch Lite? Thanks again!
    Sword shield has raid battles and customizable avatars yes but that's about it. Overwatch on switch not sure but do know Diablo 3 actually runs better on a switch since it has offline mode

Is Monster Hunter Rise a good starting point to get into the series? I missed out on World 'cause I thought it was a Monster Rancher game lol. Also, is MH better than MMOs such as FFXIV?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Is Monster Hunter Rise a good starting point to get into the series? I missed out on World 'cause I thought it was a Monster Rancher game lol. Also, is MH better than MMOs such as FFXIV?
    MH Rise is as good as any I suppose. There isn't quite as much content as MH World, but it's a solid entry in the series. As for your FFXIV comment... that's like asking if Valorant is better than FFXIV. They are completely different genres that have almost nothing in common.

For what it's worth Monster Hunter and FFXIV are two of my favorite games. MH isn't really about the story it's about the deep combat and customization.

After finally playing Zelda breath of the wild, i kind of have a love/hate relationship with it so far.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing the MOnster hunter rise 2 demo and its looking like its gonna be pretty good.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Playing the MOnster hunter rise 2 demo and its looking like its gonna be pretty good.
    Tried it a little and yeah its much better combat that main game and camera doesnt suck.

Also wtf did i just find on pre-order site:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    After finally playing Zelda breath of the wild, i kind of have a love/hate relationship with it so far.
    It's not as half as good as people claim it to be. Remove the Zelda and Nintendo logo and give it a EA/Ubisoft/Activision logo and and depending on the publisher the score would probably drop either 5 points (EA) or 3 (Ubisoft/Activision).

It's a OK game, it's just not the best game ever created and definitely not a major gamechanger for every action and open world game out there.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It's not as half as good as people claim it to be. Remove the Zelda and Nintendo logo and give it a EA/Ubisoft/Activision logo and and depending on the publisher the score would probably drop either 5 points (EA) or 3 (Ubisoft/Activision).

It's a OK game, it's just not the best game ever created and definitely not a major gamechanger for every action and open world game out there.
    If it was any other major publisher it would be a bug laden mess with even worse FPS performance, not to mention micro transactions out the wazoo. At least Nintendo still cares about making polished games, something that can't be said for a lot of studios.