Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    MH Stories 2 is definitely the type of game that I'd prefer on Switch as opposed to PC.
    Why? How do you decide?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Why? How do you decide?
    Usually in terms of art style. Monster Hunter Stories is a very stylized game, so I doubt it would look a whole lot better on PC as opposed to Monster Hunter World which has a very realistic art style and thus would benefit more from higher texture resolution.

Plus the structure of Stories lends itself better to handheld gaming. So if I'm out I can run around and hunt for eggs in some nests for 10 minutes. Whereas in a game like The Witcher 3, I would never really play that game in Handheld mode because it's more of an immersive game that I'd want to play in the comfort of my own home.

I will say I do prefer console gaming in general over PC. My work requires I have a powerful rig, but being at my computer all day makes it so I don't really want to play games at my desk unless they're MMOs.

Well that was a disappointing Nintendo stream.

. - - - - - Come play MMO-C mafia with us! / Steam / MyAnimeList - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Metroid 5, 19 years later it's finally happening!!!!!

Damn lots of Metroidvania's at e3 this year but the king looking to come back home to rule the roost.
    I cannot wait at this point, been forever since we got a proper sequel and now we have the Chozo to look forward to on top of that?

If you noticed, Sakamoto said M5 is "the end of the arc" which likely means Metroids will no longer be the focus of the franchise going forward, that means the Chozo likely are the next step as primary focus and potential antagonists.

All I can say is, Fucking Finally. I've been theorizing for almost 20 years the Chozo would come around at some point and we finally get a tiny confirmation in that trailer that they still live.

I REALLY hope Nintendo actually doubles down on Metroid, and doesn't dustbin the franchise for another generation, the fact the demo announcers had to refer to Samus as "that Smash Brother's character" is gutwrenching.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I cannot wait at this point, been forever since we got a proper sequel and now we have the Chozo to look forward to on top of that?

If you noticed, Sakamoto said M5 is "the end of the arc" which likely means Metroids will no longer be the focus of the franchise going forward, that means the Chozo likely are the next step as primary focus and potential antagonists.

All I can say is, Fucking Finally. I've been theorizing for almost 20 years the Chozo would come around at some point and we finally get a tiny confirmation in that trailer that they still live.

I REALLY hope Nintendo actually doubles down on Metroid, and doesn't dustbin the franchise for another generation, the fact the demo announcers had to refer to Samus as "that Smash Brother's character" is gutwrenching.
    He said that the Metroid won't be used in this particular story arc, but that doesn't mean they won't be seen in the Prime games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    He said that the Metroid won't be used in this particular story arc, but that doesn't mean they won't be seen in the Prime games.
    Well so far the Prime Games are prequels, so it makes sense they would be involved in Prime titles.

As far as that dev diary said though, he said: "The series has chronicled the uncanny relationship between Metroids and the heroine Samus, but this game will mark the end to that story arc." Which likely means that this is the last Metroid title that involves Metroids as the plot focus/mcguffin that leads the story forward.

Without the titular creatures, any sequel that takes place after this will need a new focus theme, which really only leaves space pirates, the Galactic Federation, or the Chozo. The first two are not really interesting enough to lead a story alone, but the Chozo and their mysterious departure from the Galaxy is. Its the only logical step from here unless Dread reveals a new big bad/plot device to lead the franchise forward.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I am actually really excited for the new Wario Ware title.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Maybe work on BotW2 and SS during the pandemic took up too many resources to be working on something different. Could also be BotW2 may not see the light of day in 2022 so they are holding back on a OoT/MM/WW release for 2022 incase BotW2 won't drop then.
    Completely different teams. Nintendo does not make those HD remaster in house, they are out sourced. If Nintendo wanted them on Switch, they would be on Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Why? How do you decide?
    No Denuvo.

Is this what ya'll byleth fans felt when she was announced..like I seem to be one of a very few amount of people hyped as fuck for Kazuya

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Completely different teams. Nintendo does not make those HD remaster in house, they are out sourced. If Nintendo wanted them on Switch, they would be on Switch.
    They would still be funding it. So if resources were impacted enough, they may not have wanted to spend on those. Most likely, the pandemic caused a big enough delay to BotW2 that they are holding off on any Switch ports/remasters to fill in any void in case it's a holiday 2022 or 2023 release.

Pikmin 3 was ready to go months before it was released, and was held back for that reason. It just amazes me that so many people act as if we weren't in a global pandemic(still are), for a year that seriously disrupted everything on the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Well so far the Prime Games are prequels, so it makes sense they would be involved in Prime titles.

As far as that dev diary said though, he said: "The series has chronicled the uncanny relationship between Metroids and the heroine Samus, but this game will mark the end to that story arc." Which likely means that this is the last Metroid title that involves Metroids as the plot focus/mcguffin that leads the story forward.

Without the titular creatures, any sequel that takes place after this will need a new focus theme, which really only leaves space pirates, the Galactic Federation, or the Chozo. The first two are not really interesting enough to lead a story alone, but the Chozo and their mysterious departure from the Galaxy is. Its the only logical step from here unless Dread reveals a new big bad/plot device to lead the franchise forward.
    Prime games are their own thing. They are like an AU time line. They have the same/similar themes but are not officially on the main Metroid timeline. That way Prime games can do their own thing and 2D can do theirs.

They would still be funding it. So if resources were impacted enough, they may not have wanted to spend on those. Most likely, the pandemic caused a big enough delay to BotW2 that they are holding off on any Switch ports/remasters to fill in any void in case it's a holiday 2022 or 2023 release.

Pikmin 3 was ready to go months before it was released, and was held back for that reason. It just amazes me that so many people act as if we weren't in a global pandemic(still are), for a year that seriously disrupted everything on the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Prime games are their own thing. They are like an AU time line. They have the same/similar themes but are not officially on the main Metroid timeline. That way Prime games can do their own thing and 2D can do theirs.
    The Prime games are part of the canon timeline, they aren’t AU.

- - - Updated - - -

Prime games are not an AU time line, they're canonically taking place in between Metroid 1 and Metroid 2

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Prime games are not an AU time line, they're canonically taking place in between Metroid 1 and Metroid 2
    Depends on what Sakamoto feels when he wakes up. Originally he wanted Prime to be it's own story. In 2010 he said they were canon. In 2015 he said they were not. U less he has something different since his most recent statements say it's not part if the main Metroid timeline.

They would still be funding it. So if resources were impacted enough, they may not have wanted to spend on those.
    Ah yes, the most cash rich company in all of Japan is surely worried about some cheap ass ports that cost them basically nothing. Brilliant logic. The reality is they don't care, you where never getting a large Zelda collection. The end.

Depends on what Sakamoto feels when he wakes up. Originally he wanted Prime to be it's own story. In 2010 he said they were canon. In 2015 he said they were not. U less he has something different since his most recent statements say it's not part if the main Metroid timeline.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/com...es_fit_in_the/

Unless Nintendo has changed their minds yet again since the SNES classic guidebook from 2017, the official chronology of Metroid is what I outlined above.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-06-16 at 03:46 PM.

They would still be funding it.
    For Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, The funding is already done. They would just have to port it from Wii-U to switch and that would take less than a month.

For OoT/MM both of those received a remaster on the 3DS so it would be upscaling them (if they use those versions) or just HD upscale the Gamecube versions. The fact of the matter is Nintendo doesn't really give a shit about Zelda. Mario sells and that's what Nintendo cares about. You don't see a Zelda theme park you see a Mario theme park.

Has nothing to do with the pandemic.

Nintendo has barely if at all acknowledged the Zelda anniversary and what we are getting is a Skyward Sword HD port and a toy.

Hell there was more Mario in that direct than Zelda lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-06-16 at 03:43 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/com...es_fit_in_the/

Unless Nintendo has changed their minds yet again since the SNES classic guidebook from 2017, the official chronology of Metroid is what I outlined above.
    Ty for that. Never saw that before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, The funding is already done. They would just have to port it from Wii-U to switch and that would take less than a month.

For OoT/MM both of those received a remaster on the 3DS so it would be upscaling them (if they use those versions) or just HD upscale the Gamecube versions. The fact of the matter is Nintendo doesn't really give a shit about Zelda. Mario sells and that's what Nintendo cares about. You don't see a Zelda theme park you see a Mario theme park.

Has nothing to do with the pandemic.

Nintendo has barely if at all acknowledged the Zelda anniversary and what we are getting is a Skyward Sword HD port and a toy.

Hell there was more Mario in that direct than Zelda lol.
    Bringing those ports takes a year or less. The pandemic absolutely would have had an impact. Regardless, it's most likely a Pikman 3 situation if they were planning on them at all.

Does it really matter. All Anniversary stuffs turns into a whinefest about shit being too expensive, not remastered enough, or not enough was done. It's literally a lose/lose situation most if the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ah yes, the most cash rich company in all of Japan is surely worried about some cheap ass ports that cost them basically nothing. Brilliant logic. The reality is they don't care, you where never getting a large Zelda collection. The end.
    Ah yes, you must be an insider with insight as to how their financials work. I never wanted a large Zelda collection anyways. Played them all when they came out on their launch systems. Have no need to play them again. I'm sure others may have wanted it, but I just don't care about older games.

Bringing those ports takes a year or less. The pandemic absolutely would have had an impact.
    One again no it wouldn't because....

1) They would outsource the HD remakes like they always do. The Pandemic hurt big budget games, but if you haven't noticed smaller titles did just fine because you don't need people working 9 to 5 7 days a week to get it done. The same applies to a HD port even more so when two of the games already have HD versions.

and

2) Did you not see the huge list of games they gave that is slated for this year and onward?

Nintendo doesn't give any shits about Zelda because Zelda mainly sells as a video game. While Mario (and the Mario universe) sells as much more than a game. Hell they could have said (There is a Zelda bundle coming but due to the pandemic its delayed a bit) and that would have been fine.

The fact he outright said (No other zelda titles are in the works) shows they really don't give a shit.

Hell (tinfoil hat moment) I personally feel if it wasn't for Shigeru Miyamoto we wouldn't have anymore Zelda titles period.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-06-16 at 06:36 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

Ah yes, you must be an insider
    You don't have to be an insider to know Nintendo is happy to release 1 Zelda game a year for eternity. Spoiler alert: If BoTW2 actually meets 2022 it will also be the only Zelda game in that year like SS is this year. If for some reason it gets delayed they will pull a port of a single game out of their ass and sell it for $60 like with SS. That is it, and that is all.

Acting like Nintendo is concerned about their budget to the point where they can't fund a cheap port that would have a 10x return on profits has to be the most laughable ass pull ever. Nintendo could port their entire back catalog of the franchise and release it this year, they also wouldn't lose money on it. Spoiler alert, they don't want to because they think spreading out releases is better for long term.

The fact everyone was so convinced there would be a Zelda collection because there was a mario one has to be the most laughable shit ever. Mario already had a history of limited collections like that. The closest thing Zelda ever had to that was the WW preorder bonus that had OoT and MM but even comparing a struggling gamecube where Nintendo was trying anything and everything to try and move units to the behemoth that is the Switch is well... dumb.