Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Yes since we consider youtube trailers as a definite finished product we can all assume that the game will run on a stable 60 FPS and definitely won't drop to the 40's.
    Best what you can expect is B2 performance probably with allot of dips in FPS
    Bayonetta 2 is a nearly locked 60 fps on the Switch. Bayo 3 doesn't appear to be doing anything graphically that 2 didn't so expect the exact same a near locked 60 fps on docked and 50+ in portable. You appear confused my man.

Edit I think I should also add Nintendo doesn't do bullshot trailers like you are basically claiming. They show the actual WIP so the fact the trailer already looked like a locked 60 in the gameplay parts is a good sign. If Nintendo wanted to bullshit about framerate those NMH3 trailers would of never got past the bullshot crew. You seem to be confusing them with Ubisoft or some shit.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-09-28 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Bayonetta 2 is a nearly locked 60 fps on the Switch. Bayo 3 doesn't appear to be doing anything graphically that 2 didn't so expect the exact same a near locked 60 fps on docked and 50+ in portable. You appear confused my man.

Edit I think I should also add Nintendo doesn't do bullshot trailers like you are basically claiming. They show the actual WIP so the fact the trailer already looked like a locked 60 in the gameplay parts is a good sign. If Nintendo wanted to bullshit about framerate those NMH3 trailers would of never got past the bullshot crew. You seem to be confusing them with Ubisoft or some shit.
    Sorry for killing your first born and running over your dog.

Bloody fanboys

So we had a Direct last week, and today the Pokémon Company just randomly drops short trailers for the upcoming games instead of the Direct?

Someone somewhere has made a conscious decision to keep Pokémon out from Directs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Sorry for killing your first born and running over your dog.

Bloody fanboys
    You're the one who is sounding like a fanboy here. You're assuming the worst in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So we had a Direct last week, and today the Pokémon Company just randomly drops short trailers for the upcoming games instead of the Direct?

Someone somewhere has made a conscious decision to keep Pokémon out from Directs.
    Honestly this was the first Legends: Arceus trailer that actually somewhat sold me on the game. No clue why they didn't show it in the Direct. Also the Shining Diamond and Brilliant Pearl games are definitely looking better, but I still hate the art style and the fact that there still are HMs shows me how low effort this port is.

Has Pokemon at directs ever been a large thing? I feel like most of the time it was just used to say "hey look next week we will have a pokemon direct". Definitely feel like usually pokemon gets it's own dedicated directs instead of being a large part of the general ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arceus graphics are so bad, they hurt my eyes. I don't even know how thats possible

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Arceus graphics are so bad, they hurt my eyes. I don't even know how thats possible
    Game Freak. That's how.

15+ Year Old Account
    Game Freak. That's how.
    Sw/sh were fine, but something about this is so off. I think its just the n64/dreamcast tier textures that are triple the size of those consoles because its in 720p

Sword and Shields sales have lowered the bar forever. They never ever have to try when the brand will make them billions.

TFW a phone game makes a better looking licensed game than the multi-billion dollar game dev that makes the mainline games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sw/sh were fine, but something about this is so off. I think its just the n64/dreamcast tier textures that are triple the size of those consoles because its in 720p
    That's cap. Sure if you compare it to like a random niche JRPG or an indie game it probably looks fine, but if you compare it to Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey it looks way worse. The textures in the Wild Area looked just as bad. I'm sure we're all aware of the Sw/Sh memes where the trees look like Ocarina of Time trees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    That's cap. Sure if you compare it to like a random niche JRPG or an indie game it probably looks fine, but if you compare it to Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey it looks way worse. The textures in the Wild Area looked just as bad. I'm sure we're all aware of the Sw/Sh memes where the trees look like Ocarina of Time trees.
    By fine, i mean more with a fixed camera, they could have better or hidden or the camera is too far away from the textures for it to be a problem( aside from the oot tree), and they had nice character models. Everything in arceus is so low res it hurts my eyes, even the character models. I just don't understand

10+ Year Old Account
    By fine, i mean more with a fixed camera, they could have better or hidden or the camera is too far away from the textures for it to be a problem( aside from the oot tree), and they had nice character models. Everything in arceus is so low res it hurts my eyes, even the character models. I just don't understand
    Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, everything does look lower res, likely because the entire game is open world instead of only partially open world in Sw/Sh. I mean I think Sw/Sh looked pretty bad, but that was the least of my problems with that game. This seems to be taking the series in a different direction which I also don't really want.

I just want a Pokemon game like Black 2 and White 2 with a decent amount of endgame content, in 3D, with a hard mode. Is that really too much to ask for?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, everything does look lower res, likely because the entire game is open world instead of only partially open world in Sw/Sh. I mean I think Sw/Sh looked pretty bad, but that was the least of my problems with that game. This seems to be taking the series in a different direction which I also don't really want.

I just want a Pokemon game like Black 2 and White 2 with a decent amount of endgame content, in 3D, with a hard mode. Is that really too much to ask for?
    For sure it's because it's open world, but i've had no problem with botw or xenoblade. At this point, they just need to go back to 2d. If i don't see a huge improvement in gen 9, i'm probably done because gen 4 remakes look like ass too, ESPECIALLY the bratz tier over world models

10+ Year Old Account
    For sure it's because it's open world, but i've had no problem with botw or xenoblade. At this point, they just need to go back to 2d. If i don't see a huge improvement in gen 9, i'm probably done because gen 4 remakes look like ass too, ESPECIALLY the bratz tier over world models
    Yeah, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will be the first mainline games that I'm completely skipping. As for Legends Arceus, I'm definitely going to be waiting for reviews as opposed to previously where mainline Pokemon was a guaranteed day one buy for me.

Hopefully they wake up and realize they are turning off their most dedicated fans, but the sales of Sw/Sh don't really inspire confidence in me that that will be the case.

I think SMO and BoTW are bad comparisons because the mario team has always been wizards that punch above their weight and BoTW has both Nintendo EAD and Monolith making it so double the dev power.

But still, game freak is quite embarrassing when you consider what smaller teams get out of the Switch. Luigi's Mansion 3 might be the best looking game on the system and was made by a smaller dev team then any Pokemon game. A lot less to model here so not a fair comparison directly but when you consider just how good it looks why can't GF do better?

Then I also think about the Ryza games, made by Gust who has a way smaller budget then game freak but a similar release schedule with near yearly games. Those Ryza games on the Switch look better then the Pokemon games do, while having to be massively scaled down from the PS4/PC versions to boot.

Management at game freak has to be complete shit for them to get so little out of their games graphically while having nearly 200 employees. Either that or maybe their internal engine blows and they should switch to Unreal? No clue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I think SMO and BoTW are bad comparisons because the mario team has always been wizards that punch above their weight and BoTW has both Nintendo EAD and Monolith making it so double the dev power.

But still, game freak is quite embarrassing when you consider what smaller teams get out of the Switch. Luigi's Mansion 3 might be the best looking game on the system and was made by a smaller dev team then any Pokemon game. A lot less to model here so not a fair comparison directly but when you consider just how good it looks why can't GF do better?

Then I also think about the Ryza games, made by Gust who has a way smaller budget then game freak but a similar release schedule with near yearly games. Those Ryza games on the Switch look better then the Pokemon games do, while having to be massively scaled down from the PS4/PC versions to boot.

Management at game freak has to be complete shit for them to get so little out of their games graphically while having nearly 200 employees. Either that or maybe their internal engine blows and they should switch to Unreal? No clue.
    I really don't like every studio switching to ue4/5, but if it worked for tales it could for pokemon. But you know, tpc sure doesn't want to pay licensing fees for another engine lol.

But if you want a more apt comparison, cyberslueth and smt5 blow arecus and sw/sh out of the water, with probably a 3rd of the budget and staff
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-09-29 at 09:43 PM.

Nope. It's just that Game Freak is in danger of going bankrupt and thus have no incentives to meet standards.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...istent-console

Mochizuki back at it again with the quadruple down! Keep throwing the shit at the wall eventually it will stick. Doesn't make you any less of a hack. How is bloomberg still employing this clown.

I really don't like every studio switching to ue4/5, but if it worked for tales it could for pokemon. But you know, tpc sure doesn't want to pay licensing fees for another engine lol.

But if you want a more apt comparison, cyberslueth and smt5 blow arecus and sw/sh out of the water, with probably a 3rd of the budget and staff
    With the billions and billions of revenue that Nintendo and Game Freak rake in, they could afford to high world class programmers to make them the engines they need.