Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seeing how this is very likely the last Smash game (since Masahiro Sakurai is done with Ultimate and likely smash all together) I'm not surprised they went out with a bang and grabbed Sora. I honestly expected Master Chief but Sora was a solid pick and very fitting. I bet that license cost them a ton of money as well.

No smash game after Ultimate will top it so I fully expect it to be the final one and this would be a great sendoff for the series in general.
    Yawn, it's always Sakurai's last game.

We all know that's bullshit.

Next gen Nintendo will want a new smash game and will continue to raise the offer until he does it once again. It honestly amazes me people are still buying this crap since they have been claiming he's done with Smash since the Brawl days.

Even if by some small chance he actually did say no, Nintendo will give it to the next most suitable producer. "Last smash game" don't make me spit out my drink laughing at this garbage.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-10-05 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    ... what? Luigi wasn't even a thing till 1983, while Mario made his first appearance 1981.
    Waluigi would not even exist if it wasn't for Mario Tennis and they clearly don't give a fuck about him. It's high time people would stop thinking he's an important character or something. I don't dislike him or anything, but it's pretty clear he won't get much recognition. They care so little, they put a fucking Piranha Plant into Smash, despite the constant Waluigi memes and begging
    I might have to ask if you have a pegleg at this point, because they're clearly pulling your leg.

To the other topic though, they're definitely not going to stop Smash games. Sakurai wants a vacation, we all heard it a million times, but I'm sure if they even try to make one without him he'll sign up again to be on board.

The next one is going to be...well, very hard to follow up on though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yawn, it's always Sakurai's last game.

We all know that's bullshit.

Next gen Nintendo will want a new smash game and will continue to raise the offer until he does it once again. It honestly amazes me people are still buying this crap since they have been claiming he's done with Smash since the Brawl days.

Even if by some small chance he actually did say no, Nintendo will give it to the next most suitable producer. "Last smash game" don't make me spit out my drink laughing at this garbage.
    Bruh this is what I mean when I say you're disrespectful for no reason.

I mean we all know that Nintendo has 4 flagship titles each generation: 3D Mario, Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. Obviously they have other big franchises, but those have been consistent since the N64. Obviously they're not going to end Smash just because Sakurai is retiring. Regardless, it is hard to see them top this. They definitely had to work hard to get some of these collabs, especially Sora.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Bruh this is what I mean when I say you're disrespectful for no reason.
    Ok but...

Obviously they're not going to end Smash
    So I'm right and you're triggered that I laughed at the notion they would end an 8 digit selling series. Thanks for admitting it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-10-06 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Regardless, it is hard to see them top this. They definitely had to work hard to get some of these collabs, especially Sora.
    How is it hard to see? They just get more. It's not they're having to innovate or reinvent the game system, they just need to work to bring in different characters and presumably expand the roster.

Are some of those characters hard to acquire? Sure, but it's a problem that you can literally just throw money at to solve. If Nintendo wants to "top" the current Smash roster they can just do so, no question. Smash isn't going anywhere, and people won't accept a tiny roster in the future so you'd honestly be foolish to bet against them not "topping" the current roster at some point (not necessarily the next iteration of the game).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ok but...

So I'm right and you're triggered that I laughed at the notion they would end an 8 digit selling series. Thanks for admitting it.
    I know this may be hard to believe, but you can get your point across without immediately insulting someone. I'm not "triggered," I simply expect common decency. My point about you being disrespectful is completely separate from agreeing that they're not going to end Smash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    How is it hard to see? They just get more. It's not they're having to innovate or reinvent the game system, they just need to work to bring in different characters and presumably expand the roster.

Are some of those characters hard to acquire? Sure, but it's a problem that you can literally just throw money at to solve. If Nintendo wants to "top" the current Smash roster they can just do so, no question. Smash isn't going anywhere, and people won't accept a tiny roster in the future so you'd honestly be foolish to bet against them not "topping" the current roster at some point (not necessarily the next iteration of the game).
    Sakurai himself said that this is likely going to be a once in a lifetime deal and to not expect this in the future. Although with how successful Ultimate was, it wouldn't surprise me if other studios would actively want their characters to be in Smash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I wonder if you need to play the other Metroid games to play Dread. The only Metroid game I've ever played was one of the ones on my Gameboy Color. No clue if it was 1 or 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. Metroidvanias don't have real stories you need to care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lit, my backlog is weeping so I'll probably wait a bit before getting it, but it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    No. Metroidvanias don't have real stories you need to care about.
    In Hollow Knight, I kinda cared about the good bugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    In Hollow Knight, I kinda cared about the good bugs.
    I said need. Every metroid and castlevania game starts with a couple of sentences which boils down to uh oh, you play the game for like 6 hours and then a thumbs up from the main character with your play time after the credits

I said need. Every metroid and castlevania game starts with a couple of sentences which boils down to uh oh, you play the game for like 6 hours and then a thumbs up from the main character with your play time after the credits
    lol, that's true. I didn't actually care that much about the good bugs anyway. Like Souls and WoW, there was lore, but if one just played the game without paying much attention to the story, one would never know it, lol. Definitely not a requirement for a good metroidvania, ie SOTN/Hollow Knight. Genre is definitely not narrative dependent.

Hyped about Dread!

Minus the Prime games and I'd say Fusion.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Dread will probably be the next Switch game I get. I borrowed Samus Returns from a friend's and was quite pleased by it, and the word so far is that it's even better.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Dread reviews have been stellar, but I'm not getting it because $60 for a 2d game :V

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Dread reviews have been stellar, but I'm not getting it because $60 for a 2d game :V
    ????

What does it being 2D have to do with everything, If you really only care about 3D and graphic's you wouldn't be playing on a switch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    You own Smash? Please tell me you do not own Smash.

Anyways if you wanted games to be priced on the budgets it took to make them have fun paying $500 for GTA6. What an incredibly bad take.

My copy just shipped. So stoked to finally be playing a new Metroid game! The King is back!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought my mom an OLED Switch as a "just because" gift. It arrived 20 minutes ago. I've had games beat street date before, but never a console.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!