1. #29881
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    So what are the chances with Banjo Kazooie shown as an upcoming n64 game on nintendos sub service that xbox may let rare replay be a switch game ?
    Given it has yet to even hit the pc or series x (rerelease and properly updated for it atleast) after over 6 years, pretty unlikely. Not to mention quite a lot of games in there were xbox only aswell.
    Wouldn't expect much of Rare to hit the Switch that isn't available yet (are there even games from them on switch post DKC?)

  2. #29882
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Given it has yet to even hit the pc or series x (rerelease and properly updated for it atleast) after over 6 years, pretty unlikely. Not to mention quite a lot of games in there were xbox only aswell.
    Wouldn't expect much of Rare to hit the Switch that isn't available yet (are there even games from them on switch post DKC?)
    Well considering how many N64 games Rareware made, and I don't think any of them have been made available for emulation on any of Nintendo's consoles. And their last Nintendo console game was Star Fox Adventures for the GC which I'm pretty sure Nintendo will never remaster even though I am of the opinion that it's one of those truly under appreciated and much maligned games by Star Fox fans.

  3. #29883
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well considering how many N64 games Rareware made, and I don't think any of them have been made available for emulation on any of Nintendo's consoles. And their last Nintendo console game was Star Fox Adventures for the GC which I'm pretty sure Nintendo will never remaster even though I am of the opinion that it's one of those truly under appreciated and much maligned games by Star Fox fans.
    Banjo was actually in the leaked release schedule for Wii U and would of been on VC there but the Wii U was obviously shut down before it got to that point so that probably because this NSO version instead. Otherwise, DK64 is the only N64 rare game Nintendo released on their VC before.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Kamiya trolling the port beggers lol...

    Just like with Bayonetta 2, we're developing Bayonetta 3 with funding from Nintendo. We are only involved in development. All decisions about the final product are up to Nintendo. So feel free to send your requests of "release the game on other consoles" to Nintendo. If Nintendo asks us to port the game to PS5, we might do that.

    I mean, I guess the likelihood of Bayonetta 2 and 3 coming to PS5 and Xbox isn't impossible – it's Nintendo's decision. By that same logic, it's not impossible that games like Mario and Zelda could be show up on PS5 or whatever. So good luck sending passionate pleas to Nintendo and trying to get that to happen… If I were you, I'd simply buy a Switch.
    There you have it, what everyone with a brain already knew. Bayonetta 3 like 2 is a first party funded Nintendo game and will only release on the Switch and maybe future Nintendo platforms.

  4. #29884
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,552
    Gotta love the Nintendo haters begging for our exclusives. Get fucked plebs and just buy a Switch you lazy ass peons

  5. #29885
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,173
    I swear some of you people on this website are so weird. You get worked up over nothing. Who cares if people are asking for Nintendo games on PS5 or whatever? People have been begging for Persona 5 on Switch for ages even though that's a Playstation exclusive.

  6. #29886
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I swear some of you people on this website are so weird. You get worked up over nothing. Who cares if people are asking for Nintendo games on PS5 or whatever? People have been begging for Persona 5 on Switch for ages even though that's a Playstation exclusive.
    Port begging is always dumb and annoying. Persona 5 is an especially dumb comparison though when it's not a first party funded Sony game. Bayonetta became a Nintendo thing because Xbox and Playstation owners didn't buy it and Nintendo was the only one to step up and fund the sequel. Too bad so sad, I'd rather have Bayonetta exist then have it not exist and it only still exists thanks to Nintendo.

  7. #29887
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Gotta love the Nintendo haters begging for our exclusives. Get fucked plebs and just buy a Switch you lazy ass peons
    It's because of confusing messaging with the first Bayo being in all platforms. People think it's a platinum owned IP.

  8. #29888
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Port begging is always dumb and annoying. Persona 5 is an especially dumb comparison though when it's not a first party funded Sony game. Bayonetta became a Nintendo thing because Xbox and Playstation owners didn't buy it and Nintendo was the only one to step up and fund the sequel. Too bad so sad, I'd rather have Bayonetta exist then have it not exist and it only still exists thanks to Nintendo.
    Once again, you're getting worked up over nothing. Just ignore them. Obviously some people take it too far and become toxic like some people asking for Persona 5 on Switch, but if Persona 5 does eventually come to Switch it will be because there have been a lot of people asking for it. I think asking for Nintendo exclusives on other platforms is definitely a lost cause, but there's no harm in trying.

    Your posts are so littered with negativity and condescension, I don't know how you don't get exhausted. No one in this thread was saying that Bayonetta was going to come to Playstation or Xbox, so your post about Kamiya was pointless. You just posted it because you thrive off of negativity.

    Regardless, my post was mainly about Rennadrel going on about "plebs" and "lazy ass peons."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's because of confusing messaging with the first Bayo being in all platforms. People think it's a platinum owned IP.
    To be fair, Platinum was pretty forthright about the fact that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have happened without Nintendo.

  9. #29889

  10. #29890
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's because of confusing messaging with the first Bayo being in all platforms. People think it's a platinum owned IP.
    It's not a platinum owned IP. It's a Sega owned IP. Nintendo owns 2 and 3 from fully funding them and likely have a right of first refusal contract with Sega for future installments basically giving them control the IP with the way they treat her.

    There is nothing confusing about it. It bombed as a multiplatform game, Nintendo saw value in the IP and stepped in funded 2 and 3, put her in Smash and in general treat her like a very important IP. Nintendo doesn't treat Bayo like Wonderful 101 or even Astral Chain they treat her like Xenoblade. The IP isn't going anywhere, Nintendo has long since took control of it by being the ones to step in and fund Bayo 2.

    Nintendo is happy they get an IP they obviously see value in.
    Platinum is happy they get to continue to work on probably their most iconic IP.
    Sega is happy they get paid to do nothing.

    Everybody involved is happy with the current Bayonetta situation from the looks of things.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Your posts are so littered with negativity
    I'm going to be negative about your negativity No one is worked up but you. Comparing a fully funded and owned by Sega/Atlus game to the Bayonetta situation lol... Just so you had a reason to reply and try and debate someone. Yet you say other people are being negative? Can't make this shit up.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-09-27 at 02:59 PM.

  11. #29891
    The Bayonetta/Nintendo relationship is one of the most interesting and weird things to happen in gaming. Don't ruin that for everyone, lol. If you want PS5 Bayonetta, Project Eve is coming out. I do agree Bayonetta is awesome though, so I completely understand port begging.

  12. #29892
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm going to be negative about your negativity No one is worked up but you. Comparing a fully funded and owned by Sega/Atlus game to the Bayonetta situation lol... Just so you had a reason to reply and try and debate someone. Yet you say other people are being negative? Can't make this shit up.
    Please don't try and say you aren't incredibly negative in most of your posts Tech. How often do people call you out for your negativity and condescending attitude? Because I see it pretty often.

    Rennedrel was clearly worked up considering the words they used in their post. I wasn't trying to start a "debate" I was just pointing out that people on all sides port beg and it isn't an issue. A debate would be me trying to argue that Nintendo fans port beg more or something, which isn't at all what I was trying to do. The only reason you view my post as a debate is because you view this entire site as your debating grounds, which is likely why you're so condescending all the time.

  13. #29893
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Once again, you're getting worked up over nothing. Just ignore them. Obviously some people take it too far and become toxic like some people asking for Persona 5 on Switch, but if Persona 5 does eventually come to Switch it will be because there have been a lot of people asking for it. I think asking for Nintendo exclusives on other platforms is definitely a lost cause, but there's no harm in trying.

    Your posts are so littered with negativity and condescension, I don't know how you don't get exhausted. No one in this thread was saying that Bayonetta was going to come to Playstation or Xbox, so your post about Kamiya was pointless. You just posted it because you thrive off of negativity.

    Regardless, my post was mainly about Rennadrel going on about "plebs" and "lazy ass peons."

    - - - Updated - - -



    To be fair, Platinum was pretty forthright about the fact that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have happened without Nintendo.
    Yup, i know. But, some people are dumb. It is what it is.

    It's like people asking for a KOTOR3 even though that game exists with a different name. They just pretend it doesn't cause "mmo" or "pc".

    Honestly, Nintendo should just buy the IP completely off SEGA to end this situation. That way Bayo won't appear on other systems anymore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Of course it does. It's a proven formula.

    Looking forward to it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not a platinum owned IP. It's a Sega owned IP. Nintendo owns 2 and 3 from fully funding them and likely have a right of first refusal contract with Sega for future installments basically giving them control the IP with the way they treat her.

    There is nothing confusing about it. It bombed as a multiplatform game, Nintendo saw value in the IP and stepped in funded 2 and 3, put her in Smash and in general treat her like a very important IP. Nintendo doesn't treat Bayo like Wonderful 101 or even Astral Chain they treat her like Xenoblade. The IP isn't going anywhere, Nintendo has long since took control of it by being the ones to step in and fund Bayo 2.

    Nintendo is happy they get an IP they obviously see value in.
    Platinum is happy they get to continue to work on probably their most iconic IP.
    Sega is happy they get paid to do nothing.

    Everybody involved is happy with the current Bayonetta situation from the looks of things.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm going to be negative about your negativity No one is worked up but you. Comparing a fully funded and owned by Sega/Atlus game to the Bayonetta situation lol... Just so you had a reason to reply and try and debate someone. Yet you say other people are being negative? Can't make this shit up.
    The average gamer is not in the know about those things. Most people don't read gaming news and forums. Just catch glimpses of the big presentations.
    Bayonetta 1 came out on the PS4/XB too not so long ago too. The message to the regular consumer is confusing. They see Bayo 1 on their system and they think "why can't they bring 2 and 3 as well? 1 is already here!". They don't really understand or grasp the rights, publishing and developing situations. They just see a game and want more.

    I am just saying why people make such ridiculous requests. Don't shoot the messenger. :P I know very well the situation and i buy nintendo systems and am looking forward to Bayo 3. Wouldn't have visited this thread otherwise.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-27 at 03:41 PM.

  14. #29894
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The average gamer is not in the know about those things.
    With all due respect the average gamer is not playing Bayo or tweeting at her creator begging for ports. It's a core gamer franchise, these people know exactly whats up they're just being annoying for the sake of it which is why Kamiya basically told them to go ask Nintendo for ports and while they're at it ask for Mario and Zelda ports as well.

  15. #29895
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    With all due respect the average gamer is not playing Bayo or tweeting at her creator begging for ports. It's a core gamer franchise, these people know exactly whats up they're just being annoying for the sake of it which is why Kamiya basically told them to go ask Nintendo for ports and while they're at it ask for Mario and Zelda ports as well.
    I guess Kamiya trolls exist. I think you might underestimate the popularity of the first game. Even though it didn't sell gang busters, it still sold a million copies+. I don't think it's just "core gamers". Devil may cry sells many millions more as well. I don't think that is all "core" gamers either. I think the game has more appeal than you give it credit for.
    But, yeah. I am sure there are mean spirited people with full knowledge of the situation rocking the boat too. I mean, it happens everywhere in the internet. Movements don't gain traction without a sizeable following though.

    Maybe the issue is just getting blown out of proportion. It makes for clicks i guess.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-27 at 03:50 PM.

  16. #29896
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Please don't try and say you aren't incredibly negative in most of your posts Tech. How often do people call you out for your negativity and condescending attitude? Because I see it pretty often.

    Rennedrel was clearly worked up considering the words they used in their post. I wasn't trying to start a "debate" I was just pointing out that people on all sides port beg and it isn't an issue. A debate would be me trying to argue that Nintendo fans port beg more or something, which isn't at all what I was trying to do. The only reason you view my post as a debate is because you view this entire site as your debating grounds, which is likely why you're so condescending all the time.
    I'm not worked up, you just don't see Nintendo fans begging for 1st party developed games on their systems because some of us actually understand how video game publishing rights work and why certain games will never see the light of day on other platforms.

  17. #29897
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Please don't try and say you aren't incredibly negative in most of your posts Tech.
    Please show me on this doll where the Kamiya touched you. Big bully Kamiya being so negative, all I did was quote him and it was just so so so negative!

    Lets all sing kumbaya and talk about how "omg there is a chance this exclusive game comes to other platforms"! We can't be negative with the argumentive king Poppincaps right here to tell us not to.

    Imagine replying to a direct quote from a game developer and trying to debate it then claiming the other person is being negative. Self reflection is a hell of a drug, go take a look in the mirror and get back to us. No matter how much you're trying to cover up your salt with various bullshit excuses about negativity it's not going to change the fact Bayonetta 3 is a switch exclusive.

  18. #29898
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Please show me on this doll where the Kamiya touched you. Big bully Kamiya being so negative, all I did was quote him and it was just so so so negative!

    Lets all sing kumbaya and talk about how "omg there is a chance this exclusive game comes to other platforms"! We can't be negative with the argumentive king Poppincaps right here to tell us not to.

    Imagine replying to a direct quote from a game developer and trying to debate it then claiming the other person is being negative. Self reflection is a hell of a drug, go take a look in the mirror and get back to us. No matter how much you're trying to cover up your salt with various bullshit excuses about negativity it's not going to change the fact Bayonetta 3 is a switch exclusive.
    .....what are you even talking about? My issue was never with what Kamiya said. I've never played any of the Bayonetta games so it makes literally no difference whether Bayonetta 3 is a Switch exclusive or not.

    I never replied to a direct quote from the developer. I never even quoted you. Your post wasn't even what prompted my first post. It was mainly Rennedrel, but you assumed that I was talking about you because deep down you know that you're toxic. I can go back a few pages in this thread and see you getting into arguments with someone and belittling them just because they think Dante is cooler than Bayonetta. You immediately jump to insults whenever someone disagrees with you. You call me the argumentative king, but all you do is stir up arguments when people state their very subjective opinions and try to turn it into some kind of objective debate.

    That is all I'm going to say on the matter. If you want to keep believing that you aren't a negative influence on this site, then by all means keep living in that fantasy world.

  19. #29899
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    With all due respect the average gamer is not playing Bayo or tweeting at her creator begging for ports. It's a core gamer franchise, these people know exactly whats up they're just being annoying for the sake of it which is why Kamiya basically told them to go ask Nintendo for ports and while they're at it ask for Mario and Zelda ports as well.
    Well the person asking for ports are probably the couple of Bayonetta Nintendo fans that want to experience the game on 60 FPS and with better visuals. Which I think most people can understand.
    Honestly though Bayonetta is a niche game that doesn't really have allot of mainstream appeal, I mean it's definitely not as big as God of War.

  20. #29900
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,672
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well the person asking for ports are probably the couple of Bayonetta Nintendo fans that want to experience the game on 60 FPS and with better visuals. Which I think most people can understand.
    Honestly though Bayonetta is a niche game that doesn't really have allot of mainstream appeal, I mean it's definitely not as big as God of War.
    Considering the way some people responded to the release of Astral Chain being only on Switch, I find the scenario Tech614 is positing here to be far more likely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •