Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hate this trash xp share in modern pokemon games. How hard is it to let us turn it off, or to add a hard mode for the game?

Just beat the second gym. The whole team is 24-25. About 5 levels overleveled. Its just gonna get worse. I might run 2 teams at the same time.
    That's how I feel. Just about to fight the second gym leader and I've intentionally kept my party under leveled for her because the EXP share makes it so easy to level up with no effort. My team of 6 are all level 20 except for Magikarp which has the slowest XP growth requirements of my team and it's still level 17. Been using Repel intentionally just because by the time I got to the first gym, I was over leveled like crazy.

Also, is it me or are battles in the grass super easy to trigger? I had 4 battles in a row crossing 4 squares in Eterna Forest because I didn't have a repel on, and that was an irritating waste of time. If you don't start with Chimchar, you can literally catch a Ponyta outside of Eterna and go gib the gym trainers with it, along with the gym leader and it'll be level 17 before you fight for the badge.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2021-11-20 at 07:50 PM.

I hate this trash xp share in modern pokemon games. How hard is it to let us turn it off, or to add a hard mode for the game?

Just beat the second gym. The whole team is 24-25. About 5 levels overleveled. Its just gonna get worse. I might run 2 teams at the same time.
    im at the 3rd gym and my team is 31-32 thats 1-4 levels over the 3rd gym leaders levels tho it seems you may be thankfull for that exp all model latter in the game if im remembering the levels in d&p correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's how I feel. Just about to fight the second gym leader and I've intentionally kept my party under leveled for her because the EXP share makes it so easy to level up with no effort. My team of 6 are all level 20 except for Magikarp which has the slowest XP growth requirements of my team and it's still level 17. Been using Repel intentionally just because by the time I got to the first gym, I was over leveled like crazy.

Also, is it me or are battles in the grass super easy to trigger? I had 4 battles in a row crossing 4 squares in Eterna Forest because I didn't have a repel on, and that was an irritating waste of time. If you don't start with Chimchar, you can literally catch a Ponyta outside of Eterna and go gib the gym trainers with it, along with the gym leader and it'll be level 17 before you fight for the badge.
    Ive found the opposite. Sometimes I run around for 30 seconds without triggering a pokemon encounter.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im at the 3rd gym and my team is 31-32 thats 1-4 levels over the 3rd gym leaders levels tho it seems you may be thankfull for that exp all model latter in the game if im remembering the levels in d&p correctly
    I didn't hit overlevel until that point in the game. I was 30-31 and the 3rd and 4th Gym's Ace is 30 (Seriously, I have no idea why the 3rd and 4th Gym levels are on par with each other. This was a problem in the original DP too).

I am not yet to Snowpoint, and I am already above Candices levels by 2 for 5 members of my team. Only Lucario (who was a the gift Riolu egg from Riley) is on par for the gym. I notice however, that the important battle AI is improved from the DS games. The movesets are better.

Honestly Wake to Volkner should have been in the original and the remakes leveled up at least 2 levels, preferably 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive found the opposite. Sometimes I run around for 30 seconds without triggering a pokemon encounter.
    I have experienced both.

Sometimes I see nothing for a while, and other times an encounter every step.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make all gyms from 4-8 have 6 pokemon with good movesets and stats. Raise all pokemon levels across the board by about 3 in the game, and gyms 4-8 raised around 5 each on top of that.

So a few of the first party switch games that was going to be $40 for black friday is $26 right now on GameStop's website. (as of this post)

Also fun fact if you was ever a employee your employee discount still works. Just go to the website but put /employee after .com and enter your last name and employee code. It makes the games cost $22.99

Just got Fire Emblem,Splatoon,Paper Mario and New Mario Bros for $22.99 each.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I would make all gyms from 4-8 have 6 pokemon with good movesets and stats. Raise all pokemon levels across the board by about 3 in the game, and gyms 4-8 raised around 5 each on top of that.
    4 is too early to have 6 mons in a Gym. And there are only a handful of gyms to even have 5 in the series.

The Elite 4 uses some decent movesets and items along set natures. Some of the pokemon even have hidden ability.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 4th gym was so hilariously easy it was quite sad. The third gym was only challenging because I didn't have any over leveled psychic or flying types, and Myelen's Lucario one shot my level 29 Kirlia with Metal Claw. But otherwise, the water gym and it's leader were a pushover as I just one shot everything with my Luxray.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    4 is too early to have 6 mons in a Gym. And there are only a handful of gyms to even have 5 in the series.

The Elite 4 uses some decent movesets and items along set natures. Some of the pokemon even have hidden ability.
    More monsters for gym leaders and trainers alike at least keeps the difficulty balanced if they are going to force hand holding by making EXP Share always on. When you walk into a gym and all 6 of your Pokemon are 3-6 levels higher than the gym leaders strongest, you know the balance is really messed up

Every pokemon release its the same people complaining about the same thing.

The only time a pokemon game was "hard" was pokemon yellow cause your starter was a thunder type and your first gym was rock. They are never going to make the games harder because the vast majority who buy them are kids. Pokemon has always been "babies" first JRPG.

I just don't see the point in making the exact same complaints ever time there is a new entry in the series. Add some self challenges if you want the games to be harder.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

The only time a pokemon game was "hard" was pokemon yellow cause your starter was a thunder type and your first gym was rock. They are never going to make the games harder because the vast majority who buy them are kids. Pokemon has always been "babies" first JRPG.

I just don't see the point in making the exact same complaints ever time there is a new entry in the series. Add some self challenges if you want the games to be harder.
    I mean sure. Im leveling 3 teams now to keep my mons on par with gyms. Turned off switch battles. Its a little better, but I do wish they had a hard mode for the game.

10+ Year Old Account

Kinda hard considering they took away the ability to turn off EXP Share which removed one of the only elements of agency a player had over the difficulty. Sure, you could do a Nuzlocke, but what if you encounter old Pokemon on every route? When I play a new Pokemon game I want to use the new Pokemon and a Nuzlocke would restrict that.

All Pokemon Company has to do is implement difficulty modes. Most games have them and Black/White and Black 2/White 2 had them. No one's saying Pokemon needs to be like Shin Megami Tensei levels of difficult, but it also shouldn't be so easy that you just go on auto pilot because for most of the game Super Effective Move = One Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Kinda hard considering they took away the ability to turn off EXP Share.
    Beat the game with only 3 pokemon.
    Don't use any attack that has a attack accuracy above 50%
    Battle using only one type of pokemon (like a all fire team).

See I just gave you three without trying. If you want the game to be harder do some self challenges to make it harder, complaining about it being easy everytime when a new entry comes out gets old. Just in this thread alone we saw it with Sword/Shield, Lets go and now Diamond/Pearl.

None of the games has been about challenge and even Back & White 2 having a hardmode was easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat the game with only 3 pokemon.
    Don't use any attack that has a attack accuracy above 50%
    Battle using only one type of pokemon (like a all fire team).

See I just gave you three without trying. If you want the game to be harder do some self challenges to make it harder, complaining about it being easy everytime when a new entry comes out gets old. Just in this thread alone we saw it with Sword/Shield, Lets go and now Diamond/Pearl.

None of the games has been about challenge and even Back & White 2 having a hardmode was easy.
    All of those seem like restricting yourself from having fun just to make the game harder. Difficulty does not equal fun, but having a certain degree of difficulty can enhance the enjoyment of a game for some people. Using a monotype team could be fun, but when a new game releases I don't want to have to restrict myself from using all of the cool new Pokemon they've added.

If the players think the games are too easy, then it's not up to players to make it harder on themselves, it's up to the developers to take their feedback into account and give them options within the game to make the game more difficult for themselves.

Also congrats on bringing out the same old tired argument about "Pokemon was never hard blah blah blah." It wasn't ever hard but it definitely wasn't always brain dead easy either.

All of those seem like restricting yourself from having fun just to make the game harder. Difficulty does not equal fun.
    And yet you want a hard mode and changes to the game to make it more difficult.

Also congrats on bringing out the same old tired argument
    Your welcome seeing how my tired old argument is fact. None of the games was ever hard and they was all easy. You want them to be something they have never been.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you want a hard mode and changes to the game to make it more difficult.

Your welcome seeing how my tired old argument is fact. None of the games was ever hard and they was all easy. You want them to be something they have never been.
    If you can't see how playing the game without only 50% accuracy moves and a higher difficulty mode that gives trainers more pokemon/more powerful Pokemon are different even if they both achieve the same goal of making the game harder, then I don't know what to tell you.

And it's the same tired argument because it completely and utterly misses the point. I specifically said I don't expect the games to be like Shin Megami Tensei levels of difficult. "More Difficult" does not mean very difficult. There's a spectrum of difficulty. If you take a few seconds and actually read what I'm saying instead of coming in with some weird preconceived notions based on other conversations you have had/seen then you'd know what I'm saying instead of strawmanning me.

Right now Pokemon basically is locked at "Easy" difficulty. I'd like there to be a Normal difficulty. Not even Hard, just Normal.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2021-11-22 at 05:53 PM.

If you can't see how playing the game without only 50% accuracy moves and a higher difficulty mode that gives trainers more pokemon/more powerful Pokemon are different even if they both achieve the same goal of making the game harder, then I don't know what to tell you.

And it's the same tired argument because it completely and utterly misses the point. I specifically said I don't expect the games to be like Shin Megami Tensei levels of difficult. "More Difficult" does not mean very difficult. There's a spectrum of difficulty. If you take a few seconds and actually read what I'm saying instead of coming in with some weird preconceived notions based on other conversations you have had/seen then you'd know what I'm saying instead of strawmanning me.
    Oh I read everything you said and its the same thing that gets said each and every time a new entry comes out. Each pokemon from Yellow to now has always been "brain dead" easy. You are wanting it to be something it isn't.

My issue isn't that "you" want it to be harder, its that its history repeating itself and it gets fucken old. Even in this thread alone the same shit has been repeated since Lets Go came out. Maybe its time you find another game to play cause its clear that Gamefreak doesn't care about adding more difficulty and they haven't cared since the game series first started. The only time they even seemed to give a slight shit about it was Black/White 2 and even then its "hard mode" wasn't hard.

I am all for more options for players. But you think players would stop bitching about the lack of them after 20 years. Move on to something else, there is many catch monster games out there to enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    TLDR: They don't know anything and at this point there won't be a switch pro, It will outright be a Switch 2.

TLDR: They don't know anything and at this point there won't be a switch pro, It will outright be a Switch 2.
    Still, gief. Will be getting the Steam Deck till then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Difficulty does equal fun. Im not tired of normal smt 5 battles because there's a potential of actually losing. Pokemon gets fucking boring a few badges in because of that. Thank god for rom hacks

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Difficulty does equal fun.
    That varies from person to person.

Sometime's I enjoy something difficult, sometimes I enjoy a good power trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Still, gief. Will be getting the Steam Deck till then.
    Ya I'm highly looking forward to owning a Steam Deck.