Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    People acting like it's acceptable for Gamefreak to not invest in even the most basic voice overs is just another way to phrase that you're trying to cope with Gamefreak being reluctant to do more than the bare minimum for story delivery.

These games sells 15+ million copies with each and every release, they're not some one man indie dev that can't afford things bigger budget games started doing on a wider scale over 20 years ago now.
    Disco Elysium, a game that was made in mom's basement in comparison and likely has far more lines besides, managed to have full, quality voice acting and constantly patches more languages in as they go. I indeed refuse to believe the literal biggest entertainment franchise in history can't afford to have good VAs for their mainline games that only sell less than the absolute best selling killer apps in gaming. This is obviously cut corners because they fully know they could ship literally nothing inside Pokémon boxes and millions of them would still sell.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The Wild Area isn't in any other Pokemon game, and it's more than just a one-off or a different mechanic. It was a new way to explore and interact with the world. It wasn't perfect and it was rough of course, but it's still something no other game had or attempted for Pokemon. So to say Sw/Sh did the bare minimum while ignoring that they actually did change something pretty drastic is just weird.

And that's kinda the point though? People are just expecting Pokemon to have improvements every time, and you even used an example of a game that had to cut back to improve in the way they wanted. It's improbable to expect just an increase, despite people's insistence of just "throw more money at it". I could imagine that a bulk of the work actually went into the wild area, and yes it was rough in the end. But we're talking about a company that had to go from making solely handheld focused games to now full environments. It's quite a jump, like skipping puberty and being told to be an adult suddenly. People nowadays are used to the quality of console games, but expecting GF's first attempt to be perfect is unreasonable. It was fun for what it was in my opinion at least.

And I didn't say it had as many naysayers, but the point is there was still and it wasn't exactly a trivial amount either. It was pretty clear people disliked how casual they made MHW.

- - - Updated - - -

Warp "puzzles", as in "oops you went in the wrong one, better try again!" wasn't fun. It was hardly a puzzle because the only solution WAS brute force.

Sw/Sh had gym layouts like that though. There was the whole maze in the 6th gym with the detector for pitfalls.
    Like I said, we clearly have very opposite opinions on these games and I don't feel like rehashing the same argument we had before. I think Sword and Shield were bare minimum effort cash grabs who used to wild area to fool people into thinking that this was some big evolution. Nothing you can say can really change my mind on that and I doubt I'll change your mind either, so we're just wasting time. I will say, I may not particularly like Legends Arceus, because of the lack of focus on Pokemon battles but I at least feel they tried a bit harder.

Also, I don't particularly blame the developers for the current state of Pokemon. Apparently Sword and Shield had a very tight development schedule. I blame the leadership of Game Freak and Pokemon Company for pumping out games on a yearly basis instead of taking a usual 3 to 4 year dev cycle to make fully fleshed out games.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Maybe not in a dictionary as such, but there used to be braille charts sold together with gen 3 games in the box. They didn't trip that on people without providing the means to handle them, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The game manual did come with braille alphabet in it.

I caught regis without guides.
    That's more fair. I didn't get Ruby/Sapphire at launch admittedly, only 2nd hand after.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    idk
    I mean back then Internet wasn't really a thing
    your only help were magazines or friends

and you didn't really have to know braille you just had to look at your mini magazine that was inside the game's box
    that's how I got that puzzle, by sheer coincidence, I was radnomly looking through that and noticed I saw that pattern (braille, being 12 years old I didn't know it what it was) somewhere ingame and the hunt started
    after that I learned what braille is
    I mean I remember it being in magazines that I read at the time at least, that's how I figured most people found out, or through word of mouth. Seeing how popular theories like "use strength on the truck near the SS Anne" nonsense spread around despite having no basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Disco Elysium, a game that was made in mom's basement in comparison and likely has far more lines besides, managed to have full, quality voice acting and constantly patches more languages in as they go. I indeed refuse to believe the literal biggest entertainment franchise in history can't afford to have good VAs for their mainline games that only sell less than the absolute best selling killer apps in gaming. This is obviously cut corners because they fully know they could ship literally nothing inside Pokémon boxes and millions of them would still sell.
    Hol' up. Not to knock Disco Elysium because its an amazing game, but it did not launch with VA to be fair. Think it took a year after with an update. And it's basically a text driven game, voice acting is far more impactful there. It's not quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Like I said, we clearly have very opposite opinions on these games and I don't feel like rehashing the same argument we had before. I think Sword and Shield were bare minimum effort cash grabs who used to wild area to fool people into thinking that this was some big evolution. Nothing you can say can really change my mind on that and I doubt I'll change your mind either, so we're just wasting time. I will say, I may not particularly like Legends Arceus, because of the lack of focus on Pokemon battles but I at least feel they tried a bit harder.

Also, I don't particularly blame the developers for the current state of Pokemon. Apparently Sword and Shield had a very tight development schedule. I blame the leadership of Game Freak and Pokemon Company for pumping out games on a yearly basis instead of taking a usual 3 to 4 year dev cycle to make fully fleshed out games.
    Honestly I have no issue with you disliking the game. I do have an issue with the idea being people are "fooled" enjoying a feature and thinking it was big. Because it's just a way to attack the other opinion and downplay it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if someone thinks that the Wild Area is good I think they either have low standards, which is fine, but does indicate a lack of passion, or they haven't played many open world games and thus are ignorant of what good open world design looks like, or they are incredibly biased towards Pokemon that Pokemon running around is an open field is enough for them. I do want to mention that I don't view ignorance as a bad thing as we're all ignorant of things, unless it's something really important but I would certainly not consider anything video game related to be important enough that I would look down on someone for being ignorant of it. I view it the same as if someone said the story in Pokemon is good. Like... that's fine I guess but it does indicate to me that maybe you haven't played many story focused games.

If you think that's attacking someone's opinion then I guess I am, which is why I believe our opinions are completely incompatible in this matter.

I mean, if someone thinks that the Wild Area is good I think they either have low standards, which is fine, but does indicate a lack of passion, or they haven't played many open world games and thus are ignorant of what good open world design looks like, or they are incredibly biased towards Pokemon that Pokemon running around is an open field is enough for them. I do want to mention that I don't view ignorance as a bad thing as we're all ignorant of things, unless it's something really important but I would certainly not consider anything video game related to be important enough that I would look down on someone for being ignorant of it. I view it the same as if someone said the story in Pokemon is good. Like... that's fine I guess but it does indicate to me that maybe you haven't played many story focused games.

If you think that's attacking someone's opinion then I guess I am, which is why I believe our opinions are completely incompatible in this matter.
    And that's the crux of the issue that I've had over and over again. You're not actually listening it seems, you're just looking down on.

I've played more than my fair share of games. I don't, however, go into games looking to criticize or find flaws. I go in looking for fun. If I don't find it, I also don't go around telling others how they're wrong for enjoying it. I might make jokes between friends or tongue in cheek comments sure, but I do try my best to not act as if they're wrong for having fun.

And to be more direct, I don't know what part of the wild area you thought was an open world, it's a sandbox if anything. So is Legends, for the record. Pokemon doesn't, nor will be probably see, an open world for a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're not actually listening it seems, you're just looking down on.
    Yes. Sword and shield defenders walk the plank.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's the crux of the issue that I've had over and over again. You're not actually listening it seems, you're just looking down on.

I've played more than my fair share of games. I don't, however, go into games looking to criticize or find flaws. I go in looking for fun. If I don't find it, I also don't go around telling others how they're wrong for enjoying it. I might make jokes between friends or tongue in cheek comments sure, but I do try my best to not act as if they're wrong for having fun.

And to be more direct, I don't know what part of the wild area you thought was an open world, it's a sandbox if anything. So is Legends, for the record. Pokemon doesn't, nor will be probably see, an open world for a while.
    I have listened to you and I wholeheartedly disagree with your take. Like I said, you might just have lower standards for Pokemon because you're not as passionate about it. Pokemon is one of my favorite franchises and I have literally been playing Pokemon for most of my life, since I started when I was 4 years old and I will soon be 27. When a company says they're going to cut content that is traditionally expected to be in the game i.e. the national dex, then they need to justify cutting that content. It certainly isn't due to a lack of resources because Pokemon is the biggest entertainment franchise in the world. Is it graphics? Well the graphics look like ass. Is it the Wild Area? Well it's just a wide open plain that would not be that hard to implement, not to mention the effort put into the wild area resulted in the worst routes in the series.

So I ask, where did they put that effort? Because it seems to me that they just cut out most of the Pokemon just to be able to sell you a portion of them in the DLC. It seems to me that they gave the developers a tight 2 year dev cycle because they know that the quality of a Pokemon game doesn't matter because people will flock to buy it anyways.

If you enjoyed Sword and Shield then good for you. I would much rather have loved the game than loathe it like I do. But the difference is that you're just not saying you enjoyed it and I'm coming in replying to you and shitting on it. I'm stating my criticisms and you're arguing with me. I also think you are fundamentally misunderstanding my feelings toward you or anyone else who likes Sword and Shield. I am not looking down on you. Thinking that I'm more passionate about Pokemon does not mean I am looking down on you. Being more knowledgeable about open world design does not mean I'm looking down on other people who think the wild area has great design. I also don't think having lower standards for certain things is a bad thing either. I have pretty low standards for movies as example. I fucking love MCU movies even if they aren't peak cinema. I don't think I am better or worse than you. I think we just have different priorities for what makes a game good or at least a Pokemon game good.

I believe that if they dedicated the time and resources that a game of the biggest franchise in the world deserves, it would be probably the best game ever made (although Elden Ring might be undefeatable if it ends up being as good as it seems). Ultimately though, if I feel like they haven't taken player feedback into account on Gen 9 I might just give up on Pokemon all together. Between Temtem and some Pokemon rom hacks I've tried recently, I find it embarassing how teams with far less people and resources can make games in this genre that have so much more care and attention poured into them.

The team is ready

I have listened to you and I wholeheartedly disagree with your take. Like I said, you might just have lower standards for Pokemon because you're not as passionate about it. Pokemon is one of my favorite franchises and I have literally been playing Pokemon for most of my life, since I started when I was 4 years old and I will soon be 27. When a company says they're going to cut content that is traditionally expected to be in the game i.e. the national dex, then they need to justify cutting that content. It certainly isn't due to a lack of resources because Pokemon is the biggest entertainment franchise in the world. Is it graphics? Well the graphics look like ass. Is it the Wild Area? Well it's just a wide open plain that would not be that hard to implement, not to mention the effort put into the wild area resulted in the worst routes in the series.

So I ask, where did they put that effort? Because it seems to me that they just cut out most of the Pokemon just to be able to sell you a portion of them in the DLC. It seems to me that they gave the developers a tight 2 year dev cycle because they know that the quality of a Pokemon game doesn't matter because people will flock to buy it anyways.

If you enjoyed Sword and Shield then good for you. I would much rather have loved the game than loathe it like I do. But the difference is that you're just not saying you enjoyed it and I'm coming in replying to you and shitting on it. I'm stating my criticisms and you're arguing with me. I also think you are fundamentally misunderstanding my feelings toward you or anyone else who likes Sword and Shield. I am not looking down on you. Thinking that I'm more passionate about Pokemon does not mean I am looking down on you. Being more knowledgeable about open world design does not mean I'm looking down on other people who think the wild area has great design. I also don't think having lower standards for certain things is a bad thing either. I have pretty low standards for movies as example. I fucking love MCU movies even if they aren't peak cinema. I don't think I am better or worse than you. I think we just have different priorities for what makes a game good or at least a Pokemon game good.

I believe that if they dedicated the time and resources that a game of the biggest franchise in the world deserves, it would be probably the best game ever made (although Elden Ring might be undefeatable if it ends up being as good as it seems). Ultimately though, if I feel like they haven't taken player feedback into account on Gen 9 I might just give up on Pokemon all together. Between Temtem and some Pokemon rom hacks I've tried recently, I find it embarassing how teams with far less people and resources can make games in this genre that have so much more care and attention poured into them.
    You say it's not looking down, yet you started off with indirect gate keeping. And what does your age have to do with this?
    I just turned 30 and my first game was yellow.
    So I'm more qualified now? There's more to being passionate than being overly critical, I dunno why everyone around here seems to think that's the way to be.

And it keeps getting repeated, but Pokemon isn't the biggest franchise because of video games. It's just one part of the entire machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say it's not looking down, yet you started off with indirect gate keeping. And what does your age have to do with this?
    I just turned 30 and my first game was yellow.
    So I'm more qualified now? There's more to being passionate than being overly critical, I dunno why everyone around here seems to think that's the way to be.

And it keeps getting repeated, but Pokemon isn't the biggest franchise because of video games. It's just one part of the entire machine.
    You say I don't listen but you constantly misinterpret what I say when it seems fairly obvious. I stated my age simply to say that I have been playing Pokemon for most of my life and thus it means a lot to me. I'm not saying someone who is younger or older is more or less passionate. That's you projecting, which you seem to do a lot in our conversations. You did the same thing when I said that Gamefreak said there wouldn't be many trainer battles in Legends Arceus (and guess what, there weren't) and you called me pessimistic when I was just going off of what they said.

I also never said that being passionate = overly critical. There are series that I love like Persona where I have nothing but praise for those games even if someone people have criticisms for them. The difference is what you value. I got exactly what I wanted out of Persona, so therefore any flaws it has don't matter. I felt the same way about Pokemon from Gens 1 through 6 and even 7 to a certain extent. Sure the games had bad stories and didn't innovate that much, but battling Pokemon, catching all the Pokemon, and bringing my old teams to the new games was enough for me. Then they removed transferring all your Pokemon in Sword and Shield. Then in Legends Arceus they made a game that had a far smaller emphasis on battling.

Merchandise is the biggest component of Pokemon, but video games are the second largest component and the video games are the vehicle through which the Pokemon that get turned into merchandise, get introduced. The video games are the reason why any of the other components of Pokemon are successful. The anime as well, but I don't know how popular it is now.

Also, I find it funny that you'd rather debate my opinion of the game instead of actually telling me why you like Sword and Shield. It's hard to understand why you like the game when you don't state why you like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The team is ready

Oh shit, is that a shiny alpha Infernape? Good stuff.

Oh shit, is that a shiny alpha Infernape? Good stuff.
    Yeah. I was trying to get shiny Chimchar from outbreaks but after several resets still had no luck. Then I noticed the quaranteed Alpha near them was shiny that time around.

You say I don't listen but you constantly misinterpret what I say when it seems fairly obvious. I stated my age simply to say that I have been playing Pokemon for most of my life and thus it means a lot to me. I'm not saying someone who is younger or older is more or less passionate. That's you projecting, which you seem to do a lot in our conversations. You did the same thing when I said that Gamefreak said there wouldn't be many trainer battles in Legends Arceus (and guess what, there weren't) and you called me pessimistic when I was just going off of what they said.
    You realize it's not exactly subtle when you're saying things like, "I'm more passionate about Pokemon" or "either they have low standards or haven't played many open world games"?

It's not projection, it's a pretty blunt "my opinion is better, and anyone else who disagrees is either ignorant or has low expectations". You might be trying to dress it up nicely but that's exactly what it boils down to. Like, sure if someone was like "I've been playing Pokemon all my life, so I'm passionate about it", that's fine. When you follow up saying you're MORE passionate with "I've been playing it all my life", that clearly turns into trying to assert yourself as the authority.

Also, I stand by what I said about you not listening, because not only have I said the wild area is clearly a sandbox environment, not a true open world, but on the topic of Legends, I also said that if there isn't as many battles, they'll give you a way to rebattle trainers I'm sure. Which they did exactly that. So why you'd leave that part out is beyond me.

I also never said that being passionate = overly critical. There are series that I love like Persona where I have nothing but praise for those games even if someone people have criticisms for them. The difference is what you value. I got exactly what I wanted out of Persona, so therefore any flaws it has don't matter. I felt the same way about Pokemon from Gens 1 through 6 and even 7 to a certain extent. Sure the games had bad stories and didn't innovate that much, but battling Pokemon, catching all the Pokemon, and bringing my old teams to the new games was enough for me. Then they removed transferring all your Pokemon in Sword and Shield. Then in Legends Arceus they made a game that had a far smaller emphasis on battling.
    I never said you said it, I just commented that it tends to be a constant vibe around here. Some are far more pretentious about it, but it is what it is.

Merchandise is the biggest component of Pokemon, but video games are the second largest component and the video games are the vehicle through which the Pokemon that get turned into merchandise, get introduced. The video games are the reason why any of the other components of Pokemon are successful. The anime as well, but I don't know how popular it is now.
    I couldn't find any definite source myself honestly, I just know that the merch is really the big money maker. But I wouldn't be surprised if the anime is on the same level, if not above the games. But without a source I can't really say either way.

Also, I find it funny that you'd rather debate my opinion of the game instead of actually telling me why you like Sword and Shield. It's hard to understand why you like the game when you don't state why you like it.?
    I've said it plenty of times is why. I even started this entire convo saying the issue I had was your statement of saying the wild area was just a trick to fool people basically, when it was one of my favorite parts of the game. It wasn't perfect and it was a mess when you connect online but it was still fun. And the DLC areas were clearly the ground work/testing for Legends since they take place only in the new wild areas.

The soundtrack was also great, I love some of the new Pokemon designs (the Applin group, Sinistea, SNOM, Alcremie, etc), dynamaxing was interesting but a bit rough perhaps.
    Oh and Leon best champion.
    Everyone simping over Cynthia but she would just show up and be like, "wow, this is a problem. Shame if no one would take care of it" and then stare at you.
    Leon at least was like a constant "hey don't worry about it I got it".

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Your point stands regardless but DE didn't have full voice acting when it was made in a mom's basement. It was the final cut after the game was already a huge financial success and blew the studio up that got full voice acting.

Like I said though, point still stands Nintendo/TPC/GF have more then enough money to bank roll voice acting. Sega out here funds voice acting for niche ass shit like Sakura Wars while Pokemon selling 15 mil a year with none lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-02-13 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Your point stands regardless but DE didn't have full voice acting when it was made in a mom's basement. It was the final cut after the game was already a huge financial success and blew the studio up that got full voice acting.

Like I said though, point still stands Nintendo/TPC/GF have more then enough money to bank roll voice acting.
    Also the voice acting doesn't fit the text boxes all the time.
    Which was slightly saddening.

But yes to the rest, but I still also stand by saying DE is one of the exceptions that the game actually needs voice acting in my opinion. It's past just a heavy story, it's all story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Like I said though, point still stands Nintendo/TPC/GF have more then enough money to bank roll voice acting. Sega out here funds voice acting for niche ass shit like Sakura Wars while Pokemon selling 15 mil a year with none lol.
    That's very true, admitedly I could instead have pointed to myriads of smaller-scale RPGs and related games (such as the Pathfinder games, Divinity titles before they blew up with OS2, Pillars of Eternity...) made by fairly small studios that have hours upon hours of good to great voice acting. Sometimes not every line is acted in those games but many are and they feature far more text than any Pokémon title ever had. Hell can one even imagine playing Darkest Dungeon without its killer narrator, to use only one other example?

There's no possible excuse. Much like them re-releasing practically the same game for about 20 years it's a product of not having to do more because people buy whatever they ship. At least franchises like Zelda and Mario make far-reaching changes to gameplay even if they also avoid VA work for the most part.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize it's not exactly subtle when you're saying things like, "I'm more passionate about Pokemon" or "either they have low standards or haven't played many open world games"?

It's not projection, it's a pretty blunt "my opinion is better, and anyone else who disagrees is either ignorant or has low expectations". You might be trying to dress it up nicely but that's exactly what it boils down to. Like, sure if someone was like "I've been playing Pokemon all my life, so I'm passionate about it", that's fine. When you follow up saying you're MORE passionate with "I've been playing it all my life", that clearly turns into trying to assert yourself as the authority.

Also, I stand by what I said about you not listening, because not only have I said the wild area is clearly a sandbox environment, not a true open world, but on the topic of Legends, I also said that if there isn't as many battles, they'll give you a way to rebattle trainers I'm sure. Which they did exactly that. So why you'd leave that part out is beyond me.
    I'm not dressing shit up, you're just not listening. Just because I'm more knowledgeable or passionate about something doesn't automatically mean my opinion is better. I never said it was. Once again, you're projecting. Take WoW for example. Are hardcore raiders the only one's who's opinions matter because they play the game more? Obviously not. If you enjoy the game that's perfectly fine. I think it's a deeply flawed game and I am far from the only one who thinks that. Doesn't mean I'm right. Doesn't mean I'm wrong. They're all opinions at the end of the day.

Also, I saw you say it's a sandbox. I just think it's semantics and that it doesn't matter. Me not agreeing with you is not me not listening to you. Which is a stark difference from you projecting your own feelings onto what I say. As for the trainer rematches, they're completely irrelevant. Game Freak said that trainers are rare, I took that to mean there would be far less trainer battles than in other games, I was right. Even with the trainer rematches there are still far less battles than any other Pokemon game. Which is fine, the games were focused on something else, but it does mean I didn't enjoy them as much.

I never said you said it, I just commented that it tends to be a constant vibe around here. Some are far more pretentious about it, but it is what it is.
    You may not have explicitly said that I said it, but you were responding to my post and we've been the only ones talking in this thread recently, so you clearly meant me.

I couldn't find any definite source myself honestly, I just know that the merch is really the big money maker. But I wouldn't be surprised if the anime is on the same level, if not above the games. But without a source I can't really say either way.
    I saw a graph a few years ago that broke it down, don't feel like finding it so you can believe me or not, but merchandise was like 40%, the games were like 25% and I'm not sure how the rest was broke down. I know the TCG has blown up in recent years so the breakdown has likely changed, but regardless the games are what start each new generation. They're essentially the source material. Considering that Sword and Shield sold over 21 million and Legends Arceus is selling faster than Sword and Shield did, I would need some pretty substantial proof that the games don't make up a large portion of the overall Pokemon franchise profits. Based on sales alone, they're clearly justifying a budget that should exceed that of Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey and yet I'm certain that based on production values and a shorter dev cycle that the Pokemon games have a far smaller budget.

I've said it plenty of times is why. I even started this entire convo saying the issue I had was your statement of saying the wild area was just a trick to fool people basically, when it was one of my favorite parts of the game. It wasn't perfect and it was a mess when you connect online but it was still fun. And the DLC areas were clearly the ground work/testing for Legends since they take place only in the new wild areas.

The soundtrack was also great, I love some of the new Pokemon designs (the Applin group, Sinistea, SNOM, Alcremie, etc), dynamaxing was interesting but a bit rough perhaps.
    Everyone simping over Cynthia but she would just show up and be like, "wow, this is a problem. Shame if no one would take care of it" and then stare at you.
    Saying you like something and explaining why you like something are not the same. I have explained in excruciating detail why I feel the way I do about Sword and Shield. You have not done even close to the same. Which is further evidence that this conversation is a waste of time. If you want to discuss other Switch games, I would be happy to do so in this thread, but I will not be responding to any of your posts about Pokemon Sw/Sh or Legends Arceus anymore, since it's clear we won't get anywhere.

15+ Year Old Account

The wild area is open world because sandbox implies there's stuff to do

I'm not dressing shit up, you're just not listening. Just because I'm more knowledgeable or passionate about something doesn't automatically mean my opinion is better.

If you're really able to say this with a straight face and not see how flat out arrogant you sound, okay then.

But that's the crux of the issue here. You keep going back to some idea of you being more knowledgeable or more experienced with something. Granted, nothing to actually say you are, but it's still getting pushed as if you're looking down.

And you criticize me of "misinterpreting" you while you keep repeating the same "I'm smarter", but I straight up tell you what I meant by something and you're like "nah you meant me"? Along with intentionally leaving out part of what I said about Legends to claim you were right, and when it's pointed out you just go "well I'm still right"? Do you really fail to see the issue here?

Never mind that you specifically asked why I liked the game, I tell you why, and then you're like "NO, explain why you like those reasons!"
    That isn't the same, you asked why I liked it and I told you. What, do you expect a musical break down of why the gym battle theme is the best one yet?
    At least I can agree there's clearly no reason to continuing this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The wild area is open world because sandbox implies there's stuff to do
    Oi.
    You yourself said all there is to do is catch Pokemon.

What else do you do in a sandbox besides play with sand

Same concept, one thing to do.

I mean, unless you wanna be a savage and use the sandbox as a bathroom like kids do
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-02-13 at 09:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're really able to say this with a straight face and not see how flat out arrogant you sound, okay then.

But that's the crux of the issue here. You keep going back to some idea of you being more knowledgeable or more experienced with something. Granted, nothing to actually say you are, but it's still getting pushed as if you're looking down.

And you criticize me of "misinterpreting" you while you keep repeating the same "I'm smarter", but I straight up tell you what I meant by something and you're like "nah you meant me"? Along with intentionally leaving out part of what I said about Legends to claim you were right, and when it's pointed out you just go "well I'm still right"? Do you really fail to see the issue here?

Never mind that you specifically asked why I liked the game, I tell you why, and then you're like "NO, explain why you like those reasons!"
    That isn't the same, you asked why I liked it and I told you. What, do you expect a musical break down of why the gym battle theme is the best one yet?
    At least I can agree there's clearly no reason to continuing this

- - - Updated - - -

Oi.
    You yourself said all there is to do is catch Pokemon.

What else do you do in a sandbox besides play with sand

Same concept, one thing to do.

I mean, unless you wanna be a savage and use the sandbox as a bathroom like kids do
    A sandbox is a small area where you have a lot of tools to make your own fun. The wild area doesnt have that, but it is a large area with nothing in it like open world games.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    A sandbox is a small area where you have a lot of tools to make your own fun. The wild area doesnt have that, but it is a large area with nothing in it like open world games.
    Pretty sure open world games have 9000 of some random thing to collect that just checks of a list.

Also don't say that's Pokemon themselves, don't outjoke me on my own joke