playing Ys IX, it is stupid funny

Wondering on the quality/viability of this portable switch dock/monitor:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/o...-screen-size#/

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Wondering on the quality/viability of this portable switch dock/monitor:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/o...-screen-size#/
    Looks pretty stupid. And this really sells how poorly conceived product it is:

You are making a portable device... and only way to power it is to strap a battery bank on the back of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Looks pretty stupid. And this really sells how poorly conceived product it is:

You are making a portable device... and only way to power it is to strap a battery bank on the back of it.
    They also have the crappy kickstand design going for it. Tbf though, all portable screens like this require external power… I think I’d prefer one that’s not so bulky though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They also have the crappy kickstand design going for it.
    This is where I stopped reading - the stand on the Switch is barely sufficient and is known to be an issue and they just straight up copied it to a larger device. That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    This is where I stopped reading - the stand on the Switch is barely sufficient and is known to be an issue and they just straight up copied it to a larger device. That's just stupid.
    Yeah, it’s 100% worthless to me at that point. If I want to play in handheld the extra screen+battery makes it fatiguing. The extra screen size is great for tabletop mode, but I’d almost just go portable lcd at that point. Better stand+screen quality at less than $250.

SMTV went on sell for $30 so I grabbed it, highly looking forward to it

Going to dive into it once I stop living on Endwalker.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

So anybody else hope XBC3 is at the game awards?

Other JRPGs lately serve to remind me of how much I loved XBC2. At the time I was playing it, it felt like my favorite game of all time, lol. I posted about it here, iirc.

Also, I do see SMTV on sale for 39.99.....but have to wait for the game to come back in stock. I would have had that one day 1, but I have developed a big backlog again, and spending a concerning amount of money on games I will probably never have time to play. Like I immediately upgraded to the PS5/Iki expansion from GoT, but have not even booted it up yet(I loved and beat the original game when it launched).
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-12-08 at 03:09 PM.

Xb3 wont be shown till the feburary direct at the earliest. Any nintendo thing tonight is gonna be bayo, metroid or zelda

So anybody else hope XBC3 is at the game awards?
    Nope, I’m 1/3 into XC1 and still need to do Torna. XCX, XC2, XC1, Torna, no logic to my play order.

I’d expect more Bayo3

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Nope, I’m 1/3 into XC1 and still need to do Torna. XCX, XC2, XC1, Torna, no logic to my play order.

I’d expect more Bayo3
    XC3 will release before Bayonetta 3.

...and it still won't be shown tonight. Next big direct probably. Late spring or summer release. Bayo October.

lol @ everybody thinking it was gonna be p5r/smt5 ports

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    lol @ everybody thinking it was gonna be p5r/smt5 ports
    sigh I was more hoping for P5 Arena but atlus will continue to be a tease

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    sigh I was more hoping for P5 Arena but atlus will continue to be a tease
    You're drunk.

Also, guys i think nate saying xenoblade 3 would be here was a lie, but a known leaker wouldnt lie, would he?

Dread won in its genre category and then I got my first sub-1:40 clear. I know it’s a longshot for GOTY, but damn if it isn’t great. Hopefully we get a sequel sooner rather than later.

Finally found the time to beat SMT V. Love this game to death. Going to blitz through on reborn to get all the endings. Absolutely my GOTY.

Do you need to know anything about the past games at all to play SMTV?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Do you need to know anything about the past games at all to play SMTV?
    Numbered SMT games are standalone like Final Fantasy, so no.

Numbered SMT games are standalone like Final Fantasy, so no.
    They aren't as stand alone as FF, but yes it's not a continuous plot. There are tons of SMT1 and Nocturne nuggets dropped(along with other more minor references to other games) that make it clear they all take place in same multiverse or w/e you want to call it but it's not required knowledge for playing and enjoying the game.

Just ordered Switch OLED on a whim. Yes! YESSsSsSs!!!!!!! I have a huge back catalogue, and I believe this purchase will help me get through it, by allowing me to play a little more frequently in handheld mode. Also, my existing switch battery has to be getting a little long in the tooth.

Also! SMTV only 34.99 on Amazon right now plus tax!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T...dp/B09HYJ8YLW/

I also noticed that the Xbox series S is available on Amazon and arrives before Christmas. I guess Xbox has started making more of the series s, as opposed to the X, to get more out by Christmas. I would guess sony couldn’t do this, since there is no lower spec SKU of the PSfive. Sorry, typing on cell phone.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-12-18 at 02:31 AM.