1. #31401
    Chest Tire vs Knee Jets.

  2. #31402
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    In the last decade, he worked on Let's Go and Sun/Moon, so it probably won't change a thing.

    Anyways, the trailer showed... rather little new. Kinda disappointed in how little it showed. They could've atleast explained multiplayer a bit more
    The 2 wost games? Im thinking it might then.

    Agree on the trailer

  3. #31403
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Chest Tire vs Knee Jets.
    The Jets one is confusing me. Like is it meditating or something like with its legs folded up? Cause it looks like it has actual feet on top of the jets. If it can unfold its feet from the Jets and rotate them it would explain why the Jets would be backwards. Really hope it has real feet cause the rest of the design looks cool.

  4. #31404
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The Jets one is confusing me. Like is it meditating or something like with its legs folded up? Cause it looks like it has actual feet on top of the jets. If it can unfold its feet from the Jets and rotate them it would explain why the Jets would be backwards. Really hope it has real feet cause the rest of the design looks cool.
    No clue. I guess we’ll see how much of transformers they are soon enough. Like, does the tire one turn into a motorcycle and the jet one turn into some kinda weird hoverjet?

  5. #31405
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,422
    Seems like you can explore in any place you want. I wonder if there are gyms? If so then that would likely mean you could do them in any order as well. That's pretty exciting actually and could definitely add a lot of replayability to the games.

    The potential to do the story in co-op seems pretty exciting as well if they do it right. Ultimately though, I think Game Freak usually has good ideas and poor execution so I'm not letting myself get too excited just yet.

  6. #31406
    a pokemon game with Coop(in a way)?

    what? i am shocked.
    also very excited.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

  7. #31407
    Stood in the Fire Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Funposter Retirement Home
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    In the last decade, he worked on Let's Go and Sun/Moon, so it probably won't change a thing.

    Anyways, the trailer showed... rather little new. Kinda disappointed in how little it showed. They could've atleast explained multiplayer a bit more
    I'm putting money on them doing more of a deep dive in a near-future direct. It's pretty much the MO to trickle in information over time for new mainlines.

    On that note, can't say I'm huge on the modern art direction, but if executed correctly, co-op could be the biggest game-changer since wi-fi became a thing in Diamond/Pearl. However, that's a VERY big "if", and is yet to be seen.

  8. #31408
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I'm putting money on them doing more of a deep dive in a near-future direct. It's pretty much the MO to trickle in information over time for new mainlines.

    On that note, can't say I'm huge on the modern art direction, but if executed correctly, co-op could be the biggest game-changer since wi-fi became a thing in Diamond/Pearl. However, that's a VERY big "if", and is yet to be seen.
    There was coop in lets go and made the game so easy it was almost insulting

  9. #31409
    Stood in the Fire Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Funposter Retirement Home
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There was coop in lets go and made the game so easy it was almost insulting
    If I'm not mistaken, the game didn't take co-op play into account, and was tuned as if it was single-player, co-op or otherwise. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed that for SV, or even potentially added content specifically tuned for group play. Plus, LGPE was already a piss-easy game.

    So once again, very big if.

  10. #31410
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the game didn't take co-op play into account, and was tuned as if it was single-player, co-op or otherwise. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed that for SV, or even potentially added content specifically tuned for group play. Plus, LGPE was already a piss-easy game.

    So once again, very big if.
    They didnt even tune bdsp to account for party wide exp share so they wont for this, either.

  11. #31411
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There was coop in lets go and made the game so easy it was almost insulting
    I'd argue it was fake co-op
    second trainer coudln't really choose and control what he wants

  12. #31412
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I'd argue it was fake co-op
    second trainer coudln't really choose and control what he wants
    Also, the 2nd player couldn't be apart of "important" battles, those were single player only.

    And the 2nd Player could not interact with the world. NPC would ignore the second player.

    So, I wonder how this multiplayer exploration will work.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #31413
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I'd argue it was fake co-op
    second trainer coudln't really choose and control what he wants
    Theres no such thing as fake coop. If 2 or more are cooperating in a game, then its coop

  14. #31414
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Theres no such thing as fake coop. If 2 or more are cooperating in a game, then its coop
    Lame coop is a better term than fake. Super Mario Galaxy has lame coop.

  15. #31415
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Lame coop is a better term than fake. Super Mario Galaxy has lame coop.
    I agree to that. Although we called it girlfriend mode

  16. #31416
    XBC3 Special Edition preorders tomorrow(June 8th):

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xe.../1100-6500565/

    New trailer:




    Can't see the steelbook well, but it looks neat. Art looks great on it. I'ma try to get one. Art book looks like same binding as the XBCDE that came with the collectors edition. That is a super nice art book. Wish there was some other stuff in it, but at least what we get is very well presented and high quality.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-07 at 07:24 PM.

  17. #31417
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    No. We've had "rumors" for like 2 years and theyre in milk 3 houses mode and we're getting a fe game this year already

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1...661297664?s=20 boogerman trailer tomorrow. Lets see if they can wow me

    - - - Updated - - -



    I dunno. Still no voice acting and still no deep dive into any mechanics
    Why should Pokemon suddenly start to have any voice acting? They never had that, and it was never an issue. For mechanics, I hope they bring back mega evolution. Still not a fan of the character models, but the customization makes it a bit better atleast.

  18. #31418
    Stood in the Fire Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Funposter Retirement Home
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why should Pokemon suddenly start to have any voice acting? They never had that, and it was never an issue. For mechanics, I hope they bring back mega evolution. Still not a fan of the character models, but the customization makes it a bit better atleast.
    For most big-name titles, voice acting has become increasingly industry standard, so people have started to have increasing expectations of Pokemon following suit. I remember this being something people called out before Sword and Shield came out as well. Personally, I don't really care either way, and arguably kinda prefer lack of voice acting, but I kinda see where people are coming from on it.

    Would be nice to see Mega Evolution come back, but in general, I'd like to see them not have some sort of "borrowed power"-type feature like the last 2 gens had (Z Moves, Dynamax). But I'm not counting on it.

  19. #31419
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why should Pokemon suddenly start to have any voice acting? They never had that, and it was never an issue. For mechanics, I hope they bring back mega evolution. Still not a fan of the character models, but the customization makes it a bit better atleast.
    Why should any game start to have voice acting? They never had it and was never an issue

  20. #31420
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why should Pokemon suddenly start to have any voice acting? They never had that, and it was never an issue. For mechanics, I hope they bring back mega evolution. Still not a fan of the character models, but the customization makes it a bit better atleast.
    Why would Zelda suddenly start to have any voice acting? They never had that, and it was never an issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •