10+ Year Old Account
    So from that new game list:

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom -- Maybe
    Pikmin 4 -- skip
    Fire Emblem Engage -- this game is a bit sus, need more info
    Just Dance 2023 Edition -- skip
    Octopath Traveler II -- instant buy
    Fae Farm -- skip
    Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe -- skip (never cared abauth kirby)
    Nintendo Switch Online N64 games (including GoldenEye) -- why does this exist?
    It Takes Two -- skip
    Rune Factory 3 Special -- skip
    Splatoon 3 post-launch content -- skip
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass -- skip
    Ib -- skip
    Tunic -- tried it on pc and this game fells like un-fair a bit. Its harder than older zelda for sure.
    Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion -- skip
    Radiant Silvergun -- skip
    Bayonetta 3 -- skip
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass -- already got it
    Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope -- probaly skip
    Tales of Symphonia Remastered -- you can just play this on steam
    Harvestella -- skip
    Mario Strikers: Battle League update -- skip
    Theaterhythm Final Bar Line -- skip
    Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key -- 300% skip (this type of game is just realy shitty to me, i tried other versions of it)
    Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life -- skip
    Resident Evil Village Cloud -- lol cloud 100% skip
    Master Detective Archives: Rain Code -- skip
    Various Daylife -. skip
    Sifu -- skip
    Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse -- skip
    Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star -- skip
    SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake --- skip
    OddBallers --- skip
    Factorio -- skip (pc version is just better)
    Endless Dungeon -- it will come on pc, also its a tower defense game ugh..
    Front Mission 1st: Remake --- 1995 game remake... skip 100% --- WHERE IS DAEMON X MACHINA 2???
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Pepsi girl still looks dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So from that new game list:

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom -- Maybe
    Pikmin 4 -- skip
    Fire Emblem Engage -- this game is a bit sus, need more info
    Just Dance 2023 Edition -- skip
    Octopath Traveler II -- instant buy
    Fae Farm -- skip
    Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe -- skip (never cared abauth kirby)
    Nintendo Switch Online N64 games (including GoldenEye) -- why does this exist?
    It Takes Two -- skip
    Rune Factory 3 Special -- skip
    Splatoon 3 post-launch content -- skip
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass -- skip
    Ib -- skip
    Tunic -- tried it on pc and this game fells like un-fair a bit. Its harder than older zelda for sure.
    Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion -- skip
    Radiant Silvergun -- skip
    Bayonetta 3 -- skip
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass -- already got it
    Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope -- probaly skip
    Harvestella -- skip
    Mario Strikers: Battle League update -- skip
    Theaterhythm Final Bar Line -- skip
    Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key -- 300% skip (this type of game is just realy shitty to me, i tried other versions of it)
    Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life -- skip
    Resident Evil Village Cloud -- lol cloud 100% skip
    Master Detective Archives: Rain Code -- skip
    Various Daylife -. skip
    Sifu -- skip
    Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse -- skip
    Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star -- skip
    SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake --- skip
    OddBallers --- skip
    Factorio -- skip (pc version is just better)
    Endless Dungeon -- it will come on pc, also its a tower defense game ugh..
    Front Mission 1st: Remake --- 1995 game remake... skip 100% --- WHERE IS DAEMON X MACHINA 2???
    Could've summed up your list like this:

Turn based old school jrpg? Buy

Anything else? Skip

10+ Year Old Account
    From what they announced today, I'd be buying Radiant Silvergun (again) right now but the new Fallout 76 expansion dropped, so I might pick it up in a few weeks.

Octopath Traveller 2, Fire Emblem, Theaterhythm and Zelda are all pick ups for next year.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

That's a pretty bold claim.
    I haven't played Tunic, but I have played through the original Zelda and the game is pretty brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I haven't played Tunic, but I have played through the original Zelda and the game is pretty brutal.
    The easiest games from the NES era make shit like cuphead or souls from modern day look like casual modes. Haven't played Tunic but I have massive doubts its anywhere close to OG Zelda in difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's been given the souls like tag on Steam so there must be something like that there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And now to catch up on posts a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So Switch 2 releasing in May. Neat.
    The OLED is just hitting a year old, why do you think they'd already be jumping into a new console? Even the N3DSXL had 2 years before the Switch released roughly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, most people look at Splatoon and think it is fun colorful shooter.

But, the story is interesting and the lore is kind of dark when looking at the surface.
    Oh extremely so, I mean, it's a post apocalyptic world at the end of the day but hey splat splat go ink.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The easiest games from the NES era make shit like cuphead or souls from modern day look like casual modes. Haven't played Tunic but I have massive doubts its anywhere close to OG Zelda in difficulty.
    I mean, I can't lie, I used save states even to actually end up beating the OG Zelda. I had every intention at the start to not do that, but there's only so many times I could stomach going through the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well it's been given the souls like tag on Steam so there must be something like that there.
    To be fair, so does Hollow Knight and I wouldn't put that near the original LoZ in difficulty either.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Oh extremely so, I mean, it's a post apocalyptic world at the end of the day but hey splat splat go ink.
    This made me audibly laugh out loud.

The game is fun and it is one of two game series that I have an Amiibo addiction to.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

OG Zelda is more obscure and cryptic than difficult I'd say. If you go into it knowing exactly what to do and where to go, it becomes a lot easier than if you're going in blind

Is original Zelda really considered hard? Now if someone said Zelda 2 was hard I’d give them that. I played through it again a few years back and did not remember how brutal that game could be. Beating shadow link again felt like a real accomplishment, and one of those things I attribute to some kind of muscle memory kicking in. Replay of LoZ and new game + on it was a fun romp.

Really wish nintendo would stop dragging ass on thier n64 virtual console. its embarrassing how slow they are to port to the switch. By the time they get a respectable catalog the next system will be out and you wont be able to dl the games on switch anymore just like all thier previous consoles. Nintendo should be giving me a reason to play thier old games on the switch and not steamdeck.

I wonder if Tales of Symphonia is a new remaster that fixes the framerate issue. Probably not but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    If you go into it knowing exactly what to do and where to go, it becomes a lot easier than if you're going in blind
    Oh wow no way dude you just described every game ever! 10/10 post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Is original Zelda really considered hard? Now if someone said Zelda 2 was hard I’d give them that. I played through it again a few years back and did not remember how brutal that game could be. Beating shadow link again felt like a real accomplishment, and one of those things I attribute to some kind of muscle memory kicking in. Replay of LoZ and new game + on it was a fun romp.
    It's a hell of a lot of trial and error and posts like the above "well its easy after you know everything to do" are top tier memes. Of course it was, the entire difficulty of Zelda 1 was knowing where to go and what to do. Zelda 2 is harder and easier at the same time, more straight forward but also harder gameplay skill checks more in line with the brutal side scrollers of the time.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-09-14 at 03:05 AM.

Have you PLAYED the steam version...like dear god it has so many issues it's actually easier and better to get the iso and play it on Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Have you PLAYED the steam version...like dear god it has so many issues it's actually easier and better to get the iso and play it on Dolphin
    The steam and ps3 version is based on the PS2 version which is blatantly inferior and garbage compared to the gamecube one. Bet this remaster is also still based off the crappy ps2 version until proven otherwise.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its odd how the simpler games can be more difficult. It seems like that era they designed the games requiring near perfect runs/execution where as games now normally have a few ways to avoid failure
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah its odd how the simpler games can be more difficult. It seems like that era they designed the games requiring near perfect runs/execution where as games now normally have a few ways to avoid failure
    Old games were made hard to increase the playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Old games were made hard to increase the playtime.
    They were hard to increase the number of coins spent in an arcade machine.

Same philosophy just got applied to home console games once they became a thing. Also helped to mask the shortness of the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    A lot of games from that era aren't much longer than an hour or two in actual content, they pad it with difficulty instead.

When the game is 15-20 hours long on say normal mode nowadays, there's less impetus to make it require such perfect execution.