1. #31521
    Yeah, wow, XBC3 probably gonna be incredible.

    I love that they are already selling an expansion pass for new content by end of 2023. They are not shy about hocking that DLC before you even buy it. Hopefully that is because the DLC is Torna level, which would easily make it worth it, and gets me hyped, unlike most other dlc. Basically, just like XBC2, which imo had some of the best/most legit dlc.

    The DLC image is a mild spoiler(which we kinda already knew, imo), so click at your own risk. Honestly, if DLC ends up near torna level, it is easily worth the price. Imagine planning/announcing/charging for a story expansion the level of torna before your game launches, and you are making an anime inspired jrpg. This is the way.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_C...ass_announced/
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-22 at 02:43 PM.

  2. #31522
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Didnt watch it but saw this and its time

  3. #31523
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,422
    Xenoblade 3 also comes out in the middle of my job's Summer Break, so I'm gonna be going ham on this game.

  4. #31524
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yeah, wow, XBC3 probably gonna be incredible.

    I love that they are already selling an expansion pass for new content by end of 2023. They are not shy about hocking that DLC before you even buy it. Hopefully that is because the DLC is Torna level, which would easily make it worth it, and gets me hyped, unlike most other dlc. Basically, just like XBC2, which imo had some of the best/most legit dlc.

    The DLC image is a mild spoiler(which we kinda already knew, imo), so click at your own risk. Honestly, if DLC ends up near torna level, it is easily worth the price. Imagine planning/announcing/charging for a story expansion the level of torna before your game launches, and you are making an anime inspired jrpg. This is the way.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_C...ass_announced/
    The DLC is a direct copy of Xenoblade 2 from price, to when it was announced, to the dates, to the actual content. So yea, the final one will probably be a torna level stand alone game.

  5. #31525
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    I hope its an actual epilogue with them in lost jerusalem and not some quirky side story

  6. #31526
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    11,863
    Well i checked the trailer and its very vague in story, wich is good. (reminds me a bit of deca dence story)

    It mostly shows how classes work.
    I guess there is maybe a bit spoiler, but nothing huge and its probaly at start of game. (fusion mehanic)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  7. #31527
    Biggest problem with the DLC is going by the weapons shown in the logo for it the 2 heros are clearly Shulk and Rex. Rex is fine I guess but I didn't need Shulk to be a dlc character in both 2 and 3. Since it's "technically" Pyras sword it could also be her instead of Rex but doubt and that doesn't fix the Shulk issue anyways.

    After playing XC1 4 times, Shulk getting in smash, Shulk dlc in XC2, future connected I think I had enough Shulk for the rest of my life Monolith, ffs we didn't need him again.

  8. #31528
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Biggest problem with the DLC is going by the weapons shown in the logo for it the 2 heros are clearly Shulk and Rex. Rex is fine I guess but I didn't need Shulk to be a dlc character in both 2 and 3.
    I told you theyd be in it. I also expect alvin

  9. #31529
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I told you theyd be in it. I also expect alvin
    I don't really consider weak ass time distortion dlc ala XC2 to be part of the game, cause thats exactly what we're getting here. Instead of making 2 unique characters for the DLC we're getting Shulk for the 50000000000000th time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    At this point I would take Tatsu as a dlc character over Shulk, I'm that done with that generic blonde hair blue eyes fucker.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-22 at 06:49 PM.

  10. #31530
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't really consider weak ass time distortion dlc ala XC2 to be part of the game, cause thats exactly what we're getting here. Instead of making 2 unique characters for the DLC we're getting Shulk for the 50000000000000th time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    At this point I would take Tatsu as a dlc character over Shulk, I'm that done with that generic blonde hair blue eyes fucker.
    Its likely to be an epilouge with them and not just the collesium

  11. #31531
    XC3 direct was solid. as usual the EN voice acting is unbearable, but thats not gonna be a problem anyway. the combat system looked interesting and pretty deep. not expecting too much from the story, but the setup looks okay-ish. looking forward to play on release.
    not sure if about the battlepass though ...

  12. #31532
    Trying not to spoil myself on xc3 too much. I do have one question: Any indication they are linking in XCX as well?

  13. #31533
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Trying not to spoil myself on xc3 too much. I do have one question: Any indication they are linking in XCX as well?
    Only with the classes. You ca learn all the classes, skill trees for them all, and swap any of the main 6 into anyone you want. Similar to X. As a story connection nope. X is it's own thing that has easter egg/fanservice nodd to previous xeno titles. It will be it's own universe seperate from Chronicles.

    As a side note, it lookalike they are merging the not only the worlds of 1&2 but systems/combat of both, with tons if lore beats from gears and saga, which have been present in all the Blade games.

  14. #31534
    If a DK game doesn't get revealed next week, I'll be very upset for five minutes.

  15. #31535
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Only with the classes. You ca learn all the classes, skill trees for them all, and swap any of the main 6 into anyone you want. Similar to X. As a story connection nope. X is it's own thing that has easter egg/fanservice nodd to previous xeno titles. It will be it's own universe seperate from Chronicles.

    As a side note, it lookalike they are merging the not only the worlds of 1&2 but systems/combat of both, with tons if lore beats from gears and saga, which have been present in all the Blade games.
    XC1 was it's own thing before XC2 existed. It's a massive assumption to make thinking every xeno game ever isn't connected when signs point to them in fact all being connected. Mira could easily be the world Galea created when Klaus activated the conduit(the other half of her is still missing and unaccounted for unlike Klaus), which is in fact the zohar from xenosaga and xenogears. It's all connected dude... The trilogy may be more connected than the rest but assuming you won't see some shenanigans happen from X to further link the games is pretty silly at this point. The only thing holding back to full linking of the entire xeno series is BN owning saga and square enix owning gears.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 12:34 AM.

  16. #31536
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    They aren't that connected because there's inconsistencies between them since they are obviously by different companies, but they are kinda close

  17. #31537
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They aren't that connected because there's inconsistencies between them since they are obviously by different companies, but they are kinda close
    They aren't that connected because they don't decide how to connect them until they release new games. XC2 was clearly not planned while they made 1 when Alvis had to be changed in the DE to have an aegis core crystal he never had originally for example.

    Which is why making assumptions before a new game releases about what is or isn't connected is quite silly. There are a million different ways they can connect mira to XC3 if they want to since it's clearly not in the same dimension they left their version of earth from.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 12:47 AM.

  18. #31538
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They aren't that connected because they don't decide how to connect them until they release new games. XC2 was clearly not planned while they made 1 when Alvis had to be changed in the DE to have an aegis core crystal he never had originally for example.

    Which is why making assumptions before a new game releases about what is or isn't connected is quite silly. There are a million different ways they can connect mira to XC3 if they want to since it's clearly not in the same dimension they left their version of earth from.
    They could, but i don't think he will. He finally gets to make perfect works and he's just going to stick to that for the next 3 games.

  19. #31539
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They could, but i don't think he will. He finally gets to make perfect works and he's just going to stick to that for the next 3 games.
    If you really think he is going to do his "perfect works" then I'd be surprised if Mira isn't in fact lost jerusalem and the world the aftermath of XC3 will leave behind. It would certainly explain all the weird ass shit from XC1 in the game like the monado, telethia and nopon. Well the nopon could be written off as mascot characters of the franchise but the telethia itself is sketchy as fuck as is the side quest where you find the monado. A place that looks like Alcamoth is also in the art book of mira, which was always weird as fuck.

    It's either that or it's Galea's universe or both. At this point I highly doubt it's not connected to the greater narrative, especially with where the story is going in XC3.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 01:04 AM.

  20. #31540
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    XC1 was it's own thing before XC2 existed. It's a massive assumption to make thinking every xeno game ever isn't connected when signs point to them in fact all being connected. Mira could easily be the world Galea created when Klaus activated the conduit(the other half of her is still missing and unaccounted for unlike Klaus), which is in fact the zohar from xenosaga and xenogears. It's all connected dude... The trilogy may be more connected than the rest but assuming you won't see some shenanigans happen from X to further link the games is pretty silly at this point. The only thing holding back to full linking of the entire xeno series is BN owning saga and square enix owning gears.
    Yeah I insinuate that. They all have similar themes. The basic outline for all there Blade games was basically there from the beginning.

    Mira could but earth was destroyed before the time of Klaus. Plus Takahashi stated once that X was it's own thing. The stuff from X is just nods to those that played gears and saga.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •