1. #31601
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,852
    Pretty sure Advance Wars is finished, it's just half assed and people were really critical of the developers for not having expanded on the multiplayer features that should be considered standard in games today.

  2. #31602
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    Lol. Lmao even. You actually think the problem is the hardware, dont you?
    The point is that the PC version can brute force its way to a better performance. Even just looking at the trailer you can tell it performs better.

  3. #31603
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    You dont actually believe that "muhkraine" bullshit excuse, do you?

    The game just wasnt finished. Simple as.

    They're rushing things for some reason.

    Xenoblade 3 is also being rushed out. Thats the reason the CE is dogshit this time. No time. Fuck, you dont even get the CE contents on game release, they send it months later.
    Hasn't the rumor been lately that Nintendo is completing games and holding them to fill out their release calendar? I find it more likely that XBC3 was moved up to fill out the calendar and not because of any internal pressure from Nintendo to hurry up and put it out. I mean, Miyamoto invented the saying about this. Is there any evidence Nintendo is rushing XBC3?

  4. #31604
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Hasn't the rumor been lately that Nintendo is completing games and holding them to fill out their release calendar? I find it more likely that XBC3 was moved up to fill out the calendar and not because of any internal pressure from Nintendo to hurry up and put it out. I mean, Miyamoto invented the saying about this. Is there any evidence Nintendo is rushing XBC3?
    how bout the little fact that they dont even have the physical boxes ready? You dont get the CE contents until months after the "release"? How bout the fact that it got rushed so hard you can only order the CE directly from nintendo because they couldnt handle logistics in time?

    Splatoon wasnt ready. AW isnt ready.

    SO they threw XB under the bus to pad their summer releases, and now the quality of the CE has massively suffered for it. XB2, XDE, XX had amazing CEs. This is literal cheap shit trash i expect from scamco games.
    Last edited by Blizzaga; 2022-06-24 at 04:39 PM.

  5. #31605
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    how bout the little fact that they dont even have the physical boxes ready? You dont get the CE contents until months after the "release"? How bout the fact that it got rushed so hard you can only order the CE directly from nintendo because they couldnt handle logistics in time?

    Splatoon wasnt ready. AW isnt ready.

    SO they threw XB under the bus to pad their summer releases, and now the quality of the CE has massively suffered for it. XB2, XDE, XX had amazing CEs. This is literal cheap shit trash i expect from scamco games.
    This seems to be a difficult concept for you to grasp.

    Xenoblade 3 is ready for a July release.

    Nintendo is not going to double up and release it around the same time as Splatoon 3.

    Splatoon 3 had a minor delay, Xenoblade gets pushed up. CE contents are not ready to be manufactured by July but has nothing to do with the game itself being finished or not.

    And spare the bullshit about Xenoblade 2 CE being better than 3. It had a fucking CD, you still listen to physical CDs in 2022? Other than that it had an artbook and a steelbook. Guess what the XC3 CE has? Oh yea, an artbook and a steelbook. My man really fucking mad about a CD that had 5 tracks on it and not even the full OST. Straight up seething. Hilarious. If you want to get technical the artbooks aren't even equal and the XC3 one has 30 additional pages.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-24 at 04:59 PM.

  6. #31606
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This seems to be a difficult concept for you to grasp.

    Xenoblade 3 is ready for a July release.

    Nintendo is not going to double up and release it around the same time as Splatoon 3.

    Splatoon 3 had a minor delay, Xenoblade gets pushed up. CE contents are not ready to be manufactured by July but has nothing to do with the game itself being finished or not.

    And spare the bullshit about Xenoblade 2 CE being better than 3. It had a fucking CD, you still listen to physical CDs in 2022? Other than that it had an artbook and a steelbook. Guess what the XC3 CE has? Oh yea, an artbook and a steelbook. My man really fucking mad about a CD that had 5 tracks on it and not even the full OST. Straight up seething. Hilarious. If you want to get technical the artbooks aren't even equal and the XC3 one has 30 additional pages.
    Except it wasnt ready for a july release, or they'd have the logistics and additional physical content sorted out
    XB2 had a hardcover larger than A4 artbook and a beautiful box. This has a tiny artbook that i could print on my HP deskjet and comes in nintendo's standard carboard box they use for everything they dont give a fuck about, like tokyo mirage sessions and fatal frame

  7. #31607
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    Except it wasnt ready for a july release, or they'd have the logistics and additional physical content sorted out
    XB2 had a hardcover larger than A4 artbook and a beautiful box. This has a tiny artbook that i could print on my HP deskjet and comes in nintendo's standard carboard box they use for everything they dont give a fuck about, like tokyo mirage sessions and fatal frame
    Are you really that clueless that you don't understand a game being playable has nothing to do with manufacturing physical products and when something was originally intended for a Sep release they aren't going to magically be able to produce it 2 months earlier if they didn't already have the manufacturing lines prepped for it. Imagine thinking because CE books aren't printed yet that the game itself is rushed or not finished. VG called you from the start with the 4Chan user poke, hilarious.





    You're absolutely finished with this argument. Guys look the box is different, you know because one has XC2 artwork and the other has XC3 artwork lol... otherwise exact same box.

    Artbook is also exact same dimensions, both hardcovers and the XC3 one is 250 pages while the XC2 one is only 220. Let's see where your imagination takes you in the next reply.

    Actually let me add the killing blow... I just remembered the XC2SE was $100 and the 3 one is $90. Literally saving $10 to not have a crappy CD in the box. But that XC2SE was so amazing right?

    Want to go further?



    Didn't even have a steelbook.



    Had a crappy paper back art book. Wow that XC3SE sure is such a downgrade!
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-24 at 06:11 PM.

  8. #31608
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    how bout the little fact that they dont even have the physical boxes ready? You dont get the CE contents until months after the "release"? How bout the fact that it got rushed so hard you can only order the CE directly from nintendo because they couldnt handle logistics in time?
    That's a big leap in logic, imo. The release date was moved up. I believe, if I'm understanding, that you are implying this means that the game's release date was moved up(by Nintendo, not monolithsoft) in order to fill gaps in their release schedule. However, one could just as easily infer that the release date was moved up by monolithsoft due to the game being ready ahead of schedule and instead it is the manufacturers of the physical products(Nintendo plus contractors) who are struggling to catch up, no?

    Why is one scenario more likely than the other?

  9. #31609
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Are you really that clueless that you don't understand a game being playable has nothing to do with manufacturing physical products and when something was originally intended for a Sep release they aren't going to magically be able to produce it 2 months earlier if they didn't already have the manufacturing lines prepped for it. Imagine thinking because CE books aren't printed yet that the game itself is rushed or not finished. VG called you from the start with the 4Chan user poke, hilarious.




    You're absolutely finished with this argument. Guys look the box is different, you know because one has XC2 artwork and the other has XC3 artwork lol... otherwise exact same box.

    Artbook is also exact same dimensions, both hardcovers and the XC3 one is 250 pages while the XC2 one is only 220. Let's see where your imagination takes you in the next reply.

    Actually let me add the killing blow... I just remembered the XC2SE was $100 and the 3 one is $90. Literally saving $10 to not have a crappy CD in the box. But that XC2SE was so amazing right?

    Want to go further?


    Didn't even have a steelbook.



    Had a crappy paper back art book. Wow that XC3SE sure is such a downgrade!
    >amerimutt versions
    lol, lmao even. You get what you fucking deserve, which is nothing, considering you mutts refused to even bring over xenoblade and NoE paid for it themselves.
    Last edited by Blizzaga; 2022-06-24 at 06:19 PM.

  10. #31610
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I didn't say that, I'm saying it's scummy behavior. And I wouldn't rule out exactly pressure from a company to get their workers to do it in some cases.
    Are booth babes more or less scummy than cheerleaders, weigh-in/ring girls, ice girls, and carshow girls?

    They're all doing more or less the same thing. None of them are scummy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  11. #31611
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    11,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Are you really that clueless that you don't understand a game being playable has nothing to do with manufacturing physical products and when something was originally intended for a Sep release they aren't going to magically be able to produce it 2 months earlier if they didn't already have the manufacturing lines prepped for it. Imagine thinking because CE books aren't printed yet that the game itself is rushed or not finished. VG called you from the start with the 4Chan user poke, hilarious.





    You're absolutely finished with this argument. Guys look the box is different, you know because one has XC2 artwork and the other has XC3 artwork lol... otherwise exact same box.

    Artbook is also exact same dimensions, both hardcovers and the XC3 one is 250 pages while the XC2 one is only 220. Let's see where your imagination takes you in the next reply.

    Actually let me add the killing blow... I just remembered the XC2SE was $100 and the 3 one is $90. Literally saving $10 to not have a crappy CD in the box. But that XC2SE was so amazing right?

    Want to go further?


    Didn't even have a steelbook.

    Had a crappy paper back art book. Wow that XC3SE sure is such a downgrade!
    https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en_gb/x...Social+Content

    Please note: if you reserve the Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Collector’s Edition, you will receive the packaged Xenoblade Chronicles 3 game software when it launches on July 29th. The additional contents of the Collector’s Edition (Nintendo Switch SteelBook® case, softcover concept art book and outer box packaging) will be delivered separately at a later date (expected delivery timing: autumn 2022). All items will be shipped with free delivery.

    They have a problem with delivery for sure.
    Also, why no music CD QQ. This is kinda best part of xenoblade collections.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

  12. #31612
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
    >amerimutt versions
    lol, lmao even. You get what you fucking deserve, which is nothing, considering you mutts refused to even bring over xenoblade and NoE paid for it themselves.
    The european versions are either worse(XCX), same(XC2) or slightly better(XCDE) so what a hell of an argument you got there.

    Speaking of shitty boxes like you wanted to claim XC3SE had...



    What was that about "amerimutt" versions again? Your CE literally looks like a box for an HDMI cable.

    So unless you want to pretend like you can speak japanese and live in Japan which we know you can't and don't, you got the same shitty or even worse CEs the rest of the west did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Also, why no music CD QQ. This is kinda best part of xenoblade collections.
    If by best part you mean worst part sure. 5 song CD has always been a shit bonus to a CE and XC3SE is $10 cheaper than XC2 by not having it. If you want the OST buy the actual OST when it releases, not some joke ass sound selection bullshit they include in CEs.

  13. #31613
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Are booth babes more or less scummy than cheerleaders, weigh-in/ring girls, ice girls, and carshow girls?

    They're all doing more or less the same thing. None of them are scummy.
    Are we really piling on more whatsaboutism? After the convo was dropped yesterday?

  14. #31614
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are we really piling on more whatsaboutism? After the convo was dropped yesterday?
    Seems like it, I guess that's how internet forums work.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  15. #31615
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,244
    Seems like super sentai transformations is the new trend in JRPGs now, first with Trails and now with XBC3.

  16. #31616
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Seems like super sentai transformations is the new trend in JRPGs now, first with Trails and now with XBC3.
    New? Persona 5 did it 6 years ago.

    Hell, Tales of Zestiria did it a year before that.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-06-25 at 01:28 AM.

  17. #31617
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Other than xenoblade, I just stopped buying special editions cause they're such a waste of plastic and space. I don't know why people care about them anymore. All the art in the artbooks is on google. All the music in the ost is on youtube. The bags suck and they're too small. Helemts have mold in them. Pins break easily. Steelbooks are ugly and mess up uniformity on your shelf

    You know what I care about now? Jigsaw puzzles, so I bought these
    https://store.nisamerica.com/the-leg...0-piece-puzzle
    https://store.nisamerica.com/trails-...0-piece-puzzle

  18. #31618
    Titan Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    11,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Other than xenoblade, I just stopped buying special editions cause they're such a waste of plastic and space. I don't know why people care about them anymore. All the art in the artbooks is on google. All the music in the ost is on youtube. The bags suck and they're too small. Helemts have mold in them. Pins break easily. Steelbooks are ugly and mess up uniformity on your shelf

    You know what I care about now? Jigsaw puzzles, so I bought these
    https://store.nisamerica.com/the-leg...0-piece-puzzle
    https://store.nisamerica.com/trails-...0-piece-puzzle
    I only realy buy them if they come with some toy like statue at least. Or something you can put on wall.

    Don't sweat the details!!!

  19. #31619
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,244
    I like the artbooks. The artbooks in collectors editions are like buying vinyl albums. It's not necessarily that the product itself is superior, but rather it's the experience. The experience of pulling your CE box off of the shelf, blowing the dust, off, opening it, taking out the artbook, sitting down in your lazyboy chair by the lampstand, flipping through the pages.

    That being said, most artbooks aren't actually good. Bad formatting and wasted space, pictures are too small, only final images being shown rather than showing alternative explorations and unused concepts, no artist commentaries (or if there is an artist commentary, there is a 50/50 chance it wasn't translated from Japanese), etc. You're better off waiting for the artbook to come out and seeing The Art and Making Of's review on it before deciding to buy it.

  20. #31620
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...042545665?s=20

    Well thats the monkey paw of the century. At best we could see bayo 3 and mario + rabbids

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •