1. #31641
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Also no bayo 3. Its dead, jim
    I mean the only game they showed even published by Nintendo is Live a Live and that is only published by Nintendo in the west. I'd be more worried about bayo3 if it doesn't show up at the next general direct since it is owned, published and funded by Nintendo. No game fitting that criteria was shown here.

  2. #31642
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean the only game they showed even published by Nintendo is Live a Live and that is only published by Nintendo in the west. I'd be more worried about bayo3 if it doesn't show up at the next general direct since it is owned, published and funded by Nintendo. No game fitting that criteria was shown here.
    The next one would be september so unless its a december game its not coming this year.

  3. #31643
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The next one would be september so unless its a december game its not coming this year.
    Or when E3 got canned Nintendo decided to delay their general direct until later in the summer. I highly doubt they wait until Sep for another direct, and if they where going to do that they would of just made this a general direct and included some Splatoon 3 and other shit.

  4. #31644
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Or when E3 got canned Nintendo decided to delay their general direct until later in the summer. I highly doubt they wait until Sep for another direct, and if they where going to do that they would of just made this a general direct and included some Splatoon 3 and other shit.
    We'll see but it's entirely possible what's announced now is what we're getting so they have nothing else to announce for the year

  5. #31645
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We'll see but it's entirely possible what's announced now is what we're getting so they have nothing else to announce for the year
    They got together treehouse live to record sessions, and there is no fucking way they did it just for fucking live a live lmao. Probably Advanced Wars, Splatoon 3 and something else sessions also recorded at the same time that will release after the next direct.

  6. #31646
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They got together treehouse live to record sessions, and there is no fucking way they did it just for fucking live a live lmao. Probably Advanced Wars, Splatoon 3 and something else sessions also recorded at the same time that will release after the next direct.
    Youre trying to rationalize nintendo when they can be kinda retarded at times

  7. #31647
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We'll see but it's entirely possible what's announced now is what we're getting so they have nothing else to announce for the year
    So just Splatoon, XBC3, Pokemon, and Mario + Rabids for last half of 2022?(edit: And advance wars 1+2, of course <3)

    Possible, but I'd be surprised, I think they need one more on brand heavy hitter. I expect them to release something to fill the gap left by BotW2, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a port, remake, or remaster of a Zelda or Metroid game. I'd love to see Wind Waker HD this year on Switch. I have no idea how or even if they will announce this, but that's my guess.

    Best part of today is confirming P4G is coming to Switch. I've been begging for that for years, and honestly, I've asked for that more than any other single thing on Switch.

  8. #31648
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    So just Splatoon, XBC3, Pokemon, and Mario + Rabids for last half of 2022?(edit: And advance wars 1+2, of course <3)

    Possible, but I'd be surprised, I think they need one more on brand heavy hitter. I expect them to release something to fill the gap left by BotW2, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a port, remake, or remaster of a Zelda or Metroid game. I'd love to see Wind Waker HD this year on Switch. I have no idea how or even if they will announce this, but that's my guess.

    Best part of today is confirming P4G is coming to Switch. I've been begging for that for years, and honestly, I've asked for that more than any other single thing on Switch.
    I wouldn't call a zelda or metroid remaster a heavy hitter, those games are a few million sellers max. Pokemon is a juggernaut and truthfully all they ever need for holiday. They probably have something else but its not a "heavy hitter".

  9. #31649
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    So just Splatoon, XBC3, Pokemon, and Mario + Rabids for last half of 2022?(edit: And advance wars 1+2, of course <3)

    Possible, but I'd be surprised, I think they need one more on brand heavy hitter. I expect them to release something to fill the gap left by BotW2, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a port, remake, or remaster of a Zelda or Metroid game. I'd love to see Wind Waker HD this year on Switch. I have no idea how or even if they will announce this, but that's my guess.

    Best part of today is confirming P4G is coming to Switch. I've been begging for that for years, and honestly, I've asked for that more than any other single thing on Switch.
    Remember when we said in 2020 that botw 2 was gonna be their big holiday game but it turned out to just be a warriors game?

    All im saying is they might move things to next year because its likely the last year for switch and they want to spread stuff out more

  10. #31650
    I'm the most curious about the performance of Nier on the Switch.
    Reddit posters write that on the base PS4 the game runs 40-45 FPS with dips and targets 900p.
    I'm guessing the Swith will probably aim at best for 30 FPS locked and go for 480-720 resolution

  11. #31651
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I'm the most curious about the performance of Nier on the Switch.
    Reddit posters write that on the base PS4 the game runs 40-45 FPS with dips and targets 900p.
    I'm guessing the Swith will probably aim at best for 30 FPS locked and go for 480-720 resolution
    Who knows how it'll actually perform, but iirc, they said 30fps 1080p docked and 30fps 720p handheld

  12. #31652
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I'm the most curious about the performance of Nier on the Switch.
    Reddit posters write that on the base PS4 the game runs 40-45 FPS with dips and targets 900p.
    I'm guessing the Swith will probably aim at best for 30 FPS locked and go for 480-720 resolution
    Eh you can't be using the oldest versions of this game for any comparison because they where terribly optimized. When the game was put on gamepass it got a new PC port instead of the one it had at launch and that version ran miles better than the original version that was released on steam and needed mods to get decent performance out of it.

    Platinum's engine also runs great on the Switch if you look at Astral Chain. It will probably be native 720p and locked 30 fps just like Astral Chain. 900p docked but I have no idea why anyone would care about docked performance in this game, if you want to play it like that just play it on a different console or PC.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-29 at 02:03 PM.

  13. #31653
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Eh you can't be using the oldest versions of this game for any comparison because they where terribly optimized. When the game was put on gamepass it got a new PC port instead of the one it had at launch and that version ran miles better than the original version that was released on steam and needed mods to get decent performance out of it.

    Platinum's engine also runs great on the Switch if you look at Astral Chain. It will probably be native 720p and locked 30 fps just like Astral Chain. 900p docked but I have no idea why anyone would care about docked performance in this game, if you want to play it like that just play it on a different console or PC.
    From my end it's a curiosity because Nier Automata's combat could become hectic at times. Much more then Astral Chain (been a while since I played that game) and for example Witcher 3.

  14. #31654
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    From my end it's a curiosity because Nier Automata's combat could become hectic at times. Much more then Astral Chain (been a while since I played that game) and for example Witcher 3.
    Astral Chain combat is way more hectic then Automata because you have to control 2 characters. Nier Automata you can spam the shit out of the dodge button and win pretty easily. Astral Chain also has tons more NPCs, usually has more geometry on screen and other shit. It's graphically more impressive than automata imo since it almost never drops a frame on the Switch. Automata is mostly just drab and empty land. So tbh I expect Automata to run fine, it was just an unoptimized mess on the original PS4 and PC launches(before it was a decent sized IP so probably came down to lack of budget from Square).

  15. #31655
    Automata is a great game if you commit to completing it, imo. First I had the original game, then bought game of Yhora on PS4, but recently bought the Become as Gods edition on XSX because IIRC it runs at 4k 60 on XSX, albeit with many popins. So really I've bought the game twice, plus 1 xpak(I can't remember if game of yhora was a free upgrade, but I think I paid). Good game to support for me, I want to see more games like this so my money went right to it. It wasn't on gamepass when I got my XSX so I had to pay, but got a good deal on the physical copy. I believe it is my second purchased Xbox game after the remastered Stanley Parable(meh, imo). I'd say my next Xbox game may be Rogue Legacy 2. If you like weird action anime you will probably like Automata. It also has some cool gameplay juxtaposition. Game has sold very well so far.

    https://www.siliconera.com/nier-auto...illion-copies/

    Only warning is, it is very easy not to "get" this game and to kinda teeter out on it and move on until it gets the hooks in. IMHO, it is worth pushing through. A solid, memorable game with some initial friction/boredom for me that eventually turned into great enjoyment. Also, after the game, I did read a lot about it online, kinda like Elden Ring, so it's got that kinda lore. Astral Chain is also amazing, and so is Bayo 2(honestly I skip cutscenes in Bayonetta games, especially the first one, but that gameplay though).
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-29 at 08:57 PM.

  16. #31656
    Hell yeah, am ready to not get a XC3 Special Edition today aswell! They doing a 2nd run and limited to 1 per household rather than 2

  17. #31657
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Hell yeah, am ready to not get a XC3 Special Edition today aswell! They doing a 2nd run and limited to 1 per household rather than 2
    This isn't a 2nd run, its the first lol. No one got it the first time, they just shut it down. The problem the first time was their website dying anyways, not even the amount so lets see.

  18. #31658
    Is there a link for the special edition? This it?

    https://www.nintendo.com/store/produ...dition-switch/

  19. #31659
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Is there a link for the special edition? This it?

    https://www.nintendo.com/store/produ...dition-switch/
    That should be indeed be it. Might unlock in an hour or two.

  20. #31660
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    EMPTY CART, INFINITE WAITING ROOM, CANT SIGN IN. Sasuga nintendo, you did it again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •