Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Switch is 5 years old. Succesfull consoles have 7+ year lifespans because any sane corporation will want to keep milking the established user base, so my quess for Switch 2 announcement is 2024.
    Nintendo has never supported a console for 7 years. They released their last game on the Wii almost 5 years exactly after it launched and launched the Wii U about 6 years exactly after it launched.

3DS was slightly better since it got some life support releases in the 5-6 year range but was still mostly nothing and the Switch replaced it 6 years exactly from it's launch.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Switch game releases drop off a cliff after Tears for awhile and then the Switch successor launched in 2023, that is typical Nintendo for a successful console- only Sony and MS seem to let them stick around for a full 7 years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    There are a lot of weird things in their programming. Like Sun and Moon had a lot of weird programming choices.
    Sun and Moon were just bad games in general, from the writing and the obnoxiousness of your rival appearing at what feels like every turn, to how the game played.

Honestly, I thought the ending to Scarlet was decent. The game feels a little disjointed because there isn't a linear path of progression and if you aren't careful and engage in battling a Tera Pokemon, they might be 20 levels higher than your strongest character. You also don't really know how strong the monsters in general are in a new area and it can be a bit of a surprise when you wind up in an Area Three just because you can easily bypass wild Pokemon and there aren't a lot of trainers to encounter in the game as a whole. Which also makes the game feel very empty, because the world design is kind of sporadic in shape so you can eventually traverse all the terrain on your Pokemon. I'd like it if the game had a more defined path as far as world design goes and then you have your off the beaten path areas that you can visit once you can traverse that terrain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So now people have had some time with pokemon violet/scarlet what do you reckon? Scratched the itch or left you wanting for more pokemans
    It’s a good game hidden under god awful performance.

Arven’s story is the best imo. Team star is average but with probably the best music. Gyms and league are gyms and league. I wish they’d get away from “do tedious task and then you can fight the leader”. rolling a fucking ball was stupid

I like the freedom you have to go anywhere. I was riding around to do a task and hit areas I missed with some mons I would have wanted earlier.

I wish sneaking had more of a point like in Arceus. I spent 99% of my time riding.

Overall it’s a good Pokémon game with terrible performance at least pre-patch. I haven’t played since before the new patch so I don’t know how much it has improved.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sun and Moon were just bad games in general, from the writing and the obnoxiousness of your rival appearing at what feels like every turn, to how the game played.

Honestly, I thought the ending to Scarlet was decent. The game feels a little disjointed because there isn't a linear path of progression and if you aren't careful and engage in battling a Tera Pokemon, they might be 20 levels higher than your strongest character. You also don't really know how strong the monsters in general are in a new area and it can be a bit of a surprise when you wind up in an Area Three just because you can easily bypass wild Pokemon and there aren't a lot of trainers to encounter in the game as a whole. Which also makes the game feel very empty, because the world design is kind of sporadic in shape so you can eventually traverse all the terrain on your Pokemon. I'd like it if the game had a more defined path as far as world design goes and then you have your off the beaten path areas that you can visit once you can traverse that terrain.
    Are you talking about required trainers or trainers in general? Because required trainers, yeah, there isn't a lot, but trainers in general, there is actually a decent amount of them. It is just most trainers are skippable, even some gyms have skippable trainers (Bug Gym and Normal Gym have battles that can be skipped. And the Ice Gym and Grass Gyms have no trainers what so ever beyond the gym leader.)

I think the total number of require fights isn't very high. You have the 5 Nemona fights, 8 gym leaders, 8 required gym trainers, the 4 against the Elite 4, Top Champion, 14 fights in Star Road, 2 fights against Arven, and the fight at the end. So, if my count is right there are 43 required trainer battles, which I has to be among the lowest in Pokemon history.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Are you talking about required trainers or trainers in general? Because required trainers, yeah, there isn't a lot, but trainers in general, there is actually a decent amount of them. It is just most trainers are skippable, even some gyms have skippable trainers (Bug Gym and Normal Gym have battles that can be skipped. And the Ice Gym and Grass Gyms have no trainers what so ever beyond the gym leader.)

I think the total number of require fights isn't very high. You have the 5 Nemona fights, 8 gym leaders, 8 required gym trainers, the 4 against the Elite 4, Top Champion, 14 fights in Star Road, 2 fights against Arven, and the fight at the end. So, if my count is right there are 43 required trainer battles, which I has to be among the lowest in Pokemon history.
    Just trainers in general that you see in the overworld. It feels like you can skip almost all of them since they aren't generally placed in any sort of strategic areas as you can just avoid them entirely for the most part.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Just trainers in general that you see in the overworld. It feels like you can skip almost all of them since they aren't generally placed in any sort of strategic areas as you can just avoid them entirely for the most part.
    Well, that's because you can literally skip all of them.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I kind of hate that trainers are skippable.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    How does Neon White play on the Switch? Thinking of gifting it to my sister. She likes anime and shooters and I personally loved it, so I think she'll like it.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2022-12-05 at 06:43 PM.

What female characters would you like to see in Smash?

Saw Inscryption launch on Switch:

https://nintendolink.com/2022/12/14/...-card-playing/

It is one of the better games I've played this year on PS5, I'd say top 3 behind Elden Ring and Ragnarok.

Games like this(amazing regardless of their graphic fidelity) are the reason the Switch is still such a decent gaming machine. I highly, highly recommend it to anyone who likes videogames, just in general, or even just creepy stuff that is also fun like Wednesday on Netflix. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Well there goes any hope for actual new hardware with that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well there goes any hope for actual new hardware with that game.
    Only absolute fools thought there was going to be a next gen release with it. The same clowns that kept insisting a switch pro was coming every year are the same fools who tried to say the next gen would release with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switches still sell like candy, why would they upgrade it?

Why decrease margins with more expensive hardware? It doesn't make sense. I think we have at least 2 or maybe even 3 years before new hardware. A 6 year cycle is just too small.

It could be 2024 or later but it's always obvious when actual new Nintendo hardware is coming because their support drops off massively. If after Zelda the Switch barely gets anything but some life support releases then it will become clear the successor will come in 2024. If on the other hand a bunch more games get announced for after that period then it's clear it won't. It certainly wasn't going to come just months after launching Splatoon 3, a new Pokemon gen, Bayo 3, a new Fire Emblem, a new Xenoblade Nintendo never supports a system like that in it's final year most of those games would of been moved to the next system only if it was coming. People are just dense.

I'm getting super hyped about Fire Emblem Engage(Jan 20th) and P4G(Jan 19th). 2023 kicking it off right imo.

Saw previews for Engage this morning and got me hyped:

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2023/01...ntendo-switch/

https://www.vg247.com/fire-emblem-en...-to-11-preview

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Switches still sell like candy, why would they upgrade it?

Why decrease margins with more expensive hardware? It doesn't make sense. I think we have at least 2 or maybe even 3 years before new hardware. A 6 year cycle is just too small.
    I think you're entirely on crack if you think its going to go for another 2+ years

I agree with Tech, 2024 at the latest and (I'll add), that's it.

I still think missing the 2023 holiday season 6.5 years into an old console's lifespan is pretty stupid too though

Doesn't matter to me though, I buy the games but don't play them on my Switch

Edit, that Kirby Wii remaster will be played on my Switch OLED though. :P
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2023-01-06 at 02:10 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I hope pikmin 4 gets rid of the time limit like pikmin 2.

i need me some carefree pikmin adventures.

3 wasnt too bad tho, i still had plenty of extra juice near the end but i prefer being able to have off days where i can just get back any pikmin lost or just goof around exploring without thinking in the back of my head that i wasted time i cant get back.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I hope pikmin 4 gets rid of the time limit like pikmin 2.

i need me some carefree pikmin adventures.

3 wasnt too bad tho, i still had plenty of extra juice near the end but i prefer being able to have off days where i can just get back any pikmin lost or just goof around exploring without thinking in the back of my head that i wasted time i cant get back.
    3 was fun but felt a bit too short. I always wanted to give a 0 death run a try, but never had the time. I hate losing any of the little guys.

Gonna buy this when Metroid Prime 4 come out!