Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    It basically is.
    I've played around 50 hours and I can count the times my FPS has dropped.

Stop watching cherry picked FPS drops on YouTube. Start playing and enjoying.

Except it's not I've watched many streamers play the game in twitch snd everyone notices the fps drop, you don't because you got your head too far up link's ass to tell

Deleted
    It basically is.
    I've played around 50 hours and I can count the times my FPS has dropped.

Stop watching cherry picked FPS drops on YouTube. Start playing and enjoying.
    Well here is the thing. How can I take your advice if you even fail to realize that the game isn't running at 1080p.

It is 720p on Wii U
    It is 720p on the Switch tablet
    and 900p on the Switch docked.

I really mean no offense by saying that, but I am a gamer who notices when fps drops from 80 to 75. I notice frametime variances, tearing. I even notice it when my ping goes from 10ms to 30ms.

The game is probably playable and I played horrible games before. Like the stutterfest that Silent Hill Downpour on PS3 was. Or Silent Hill 2+3 PS3 versions. Even Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Demon Souls.

But I honestly expect better from a Zelda game. As long as I can remember I played Zelda games and love them all (except for the weird off spins that nobody cares about). And Zelda games never had any issues with framerate. When I play a Zelda game I expect the best. Not in terms of graphics. But in terms of smooth gameplay

I am sorry to say this, but I think @Nmkyungri is right. You are blinded and probably not the right person to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    And Zelda games never had any issues with framerate. When I play a Zelda game I expect the best. Not in terms of graphics. But in terms of smooth gameplay
    Not 100% true. OoT (N64 version) ran at 20fps a lot as well and if I remember right Skyward Sword/TLP had some fps issues.

But you are correct for the most part. The 3DS remakes tho run fine and LBW runs 60fps.

(Playing Majora's Mask right now)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not 100% true. OoT (N64 version) ran at 20fps a lot as well and if I remember right Skyward Sword/TLP had some fps issues.

But you are correct for the most part. The 3DS remakes tho run fine

(Playing Majora's Mask right now)

Didn't play SS !

But I am playing Majora's Mask on my new 3DS XL right now too! Runs fine and I love it. Just started a few days ago. Haven't played it since it came out on N64. It kind of feels like a new game, because I only remember some stuff vaguely about it, but most of the time I am like "huh. I really don't remember that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nmkyungri View Post
    Except it's not I've watched many streamers play the game in twitch snd everyone notices the fps drop, you don't because you got your head too far up link's ass to tell
    Weird. I hardly get any.
    I'm not denying it. There are a few, but it's been exaggerated.

Most of my FPS drops were in the first part of the game (the Grand Plateau)

- - - Updated - - -

Well here is the thing. How can I take your advice if you even fail to realize that the game isn't running at 1080p.

It is 720p on Wii U
    It is 720p on the Switch tablet
    and 900p on the Switch docked.

I really mean no offense by saying that, but I am a gamer who notices when fps drops from 80 to 75. I notice frametime variances, tearing. I even notice it when my ping goes from 10ms to 30ms.

The game is probably playable and I played horrible games before. Like the stutterfest that Silent Hill Downpour on PS3 was. Or Silent Hill 2+3 PS3 versions. Even Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Demon Souls.

But I honestly expect better from a Zelda game. As long as I can remember I played Zelda games and love them all (except for the weird off spins that nobody cares about). And Zelda games never had any issues with framerate. When I play a Zelda game I expect the best. Not in terms of graphics. But in terms of smooth gameplay

I am sorry to say this, but I think @Nmkyungri is right. You are blinded and probably not the right person to listen to.
    See, I don't get this.
    Probably playable? The fact that everyone I know, plus the major reviews have already given this game 10/10 and marked it as one of the best games they've ever played? It wouldn't be given that compliment if it was only "probably playable"

The funny thing is, the same people in this thread have only watched streams. You're being denied the actual game play experience. You will soon forget the FPS drops (which again, are exaggerated), the moment you play.

I appreciate you're 'sensitive' to FPS drops and if you're really that put off by it, I guess you're missing out on a great game.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2017-03-11 at 05:51 PM.

Weird. I hardly get any.

The funny thing is, the same people in this thread have only watched streams. You're being denied the actual game play experience. You will soon forget the FPS drops, the moment you play (which again, are exaggerated)
    If you played in Mobile mode you won't get any, Its only in the open world in docked mode.

Also no the "Same People" in this thread haven't only watched streams.

You don't have some special system or copy that this doesn't happen to. Ether you play mobile or when u play docked its not in the open world.

plus the major reviews have already given this game 10/10
    And those reviewers are shit because they didn't factor in performance. I love bloodborne and its my fav From Software game, but I can't give it a perfect score due to performance.

(which again, are exaggerated)
    No it isn't.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-11 at 05:53 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    See, I don't get this.
    Basically playable? The fact that everyone I know, plus the major reviews have already given this game 10/10 and marked it as one of the best games they've ever played? It wouldn't be given that compliment if it was only "probably playable"

The funny thing is, the same people in this thread have only watched streams. You're being denied the actual game play experience. You will soon forget the FPS drops, the moment you play (which again, are exaggerated)
    Yeah that is all true, but for me it would be 460€ to play Zelda on a Switch or 270+€ to play it on a Wii U. That is a lot of money to play 1 game.

And for that kind of money I kind of want headache-free laidback chill gaming and not "oh I should avoid that area because I don't wanna bother with fps drops".

Reading : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351098

and there are posts from people that play it and say stuff like "I'm finding it quite intrusive and makes me avoid towns. I hope it gets fixed as it's not acceptable." and "It's really bad in places, had a section yesterday where it was running at 20 or sub 20 the entire time I was there."

They all say its playable and a great game, and that never was the problem, since I fully believe BoTW is one of the all time great, but I am hyper sensitive to bad framerate and I don't understand how something like this happens for Nintendo. I understand it when some ukrainians port a console game to PC and it isn't running well because they were working on it with 5 people, but this is Nintendo we are talking about with dedicated hardware that requires nearly no scaling.

Does anyone know if Nintendo announced any patches for Zelda on Switch or Wii U?

Does anyone know if Nintendo announced any patches for Zelda on Switch or Wii U?
    Nothing yet...

For me ill deal because I dealt with it in other games. But I totally understand people having a issue with the performance to the point its unplayable for them. With that I recommend Switch/Mobile mode. It holds 30fps and still looks great.

Yeah that is all true, but for me it would be 460€ to play Zelda on a Switch or 270+€ to play it on a Wii U. That is a lot of money to play 1 game.

And for that kind of money I kind of want headache-free laidback chill gaming and not "oh I should avoid that area because I don't wanna bother with fps drops".

Reading : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351098

and there are posts from people that play it like "I'm finding it quite intrusive and makes me avoid towns. I hope it gets fixed as it's not acceptable." and "It's really bad in places, had a section yesterday where it was running at 20 or sub 20 the entire time I was there."

They all say its playable and a great game, and that never was the problem, since I fully believe BoTW is one of the all time great, but I am hyper sensitive to bad framerate and I don't understand how something like this happens for Nintendo. I understand it when some ukrainians port a console game to PC and it isn't running well because they were working on it with 5 people, but this is Nintendo we are talking about with dedicated hardware that requires nearly no scaling.

Honestly dude, I've never had that thought.

I personally cannot understand it. Perhaps it just doesn't annoy me as much as you. I'll respect that, but in my opinion, if that's all that's holding you back, I implore you to see past it and risk it. Maybe your opinion will change, once you're playing (and realising the issues are exaggerated). I play nearly 100% of the time on my TV by the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nothing yet...

For me ill deal because I dealt with it in other games. But I totally understand people having a issue with the performance to the point its unplayable for them. With that I recommend Switch/Mobile mode. It holds 30fps and still looks great.
    That is probably the best way to go, but it hurts since I already have a Nintendo handheld and since I am no rich person I can't really justify spending 400~€/$ on a Switch to play Zelda portable.

I guess I have no other option than to wait for a revised Switch version when more games like Metroid etc. are out and then jump in.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly dude, I've never had that thought.

I personally cannot understand it. Perhaps it just doesn't annoy me as much as you. I'll respect that, but in my opinion, if that's all that's holding you back, I implore you to see past it and risk it. Maybe your opinion will change, once you're playing (and realising the issues are exaggerated). I play nearly 100% of the time on my TV by the way.
    Since my initial post was mostly aimed at Wii U performance.
    Do you play on Wii U or Switch?

That is probably the best way to go, but it hurts since I already have a Nintendo handheld and since I am no rich person I can't really justify spending 400~€/$ on a Switch to play Zelda portable.

I guess I have no other option than to wait for a revised Switch version when more games like Metroid etc. are out and then jump in.

- - - Updated - - -

Switch.
    I didn't really get on with the Wii U.

Ya I'm a bit broke and didn't want to pay a scalper $400 for a Switch. So I got one from Fingerhut for $30 a month
    https://www.fingerhut.com/product/NM8IM.uts

They only got the gray ones left(I got the neon). I may pay $100 more but it improves my credit and its low monthly payments

Maybe there is something like that for you.

The Wii U peformance reminds me of OoT on n64. Mostly in some area with alot of monsters. Like when i go farm shit around Hyrule castle outdoor you can tell its mostly 20 fps when im using stuff like Urbosa ability. It seems to not be better on switch either, we tested it side by side on friday since i got a friend with a switch. Both lag alot in towns like Kakariko when ever it rains or you fly over it. I cant justify dropping that cash for one game, for 900p and the same lag. Portable would be nice, but to be honest i work enough as is, if im not home i dont have the time to use a handheld, the wii u controller can reach my throne lol.

If the wii u version is too laggy for you, the switch version is pretty much the same while playing off a TV when it comes to performance. I dont think either machine can realistically take a full open world with no loading and all those effects they tried to push in. I really dont think a patch will help it. However it is playable. Like i said it feels like N64 version of OoT or games like goldeneye and perfect dark. You can tell theres fps drops bellow 30.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-03-11 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The Wii U peformance reminds me of OoT on n64. Mostly in some area with alot of monsters. Like when i go farm shit around Hyrule castle outdoor you can tell its mostly 20 fps when im using stuff like Urbosa ability. It seems to not be better on switch either, we tested it side by side on friday since i got a friend with a switch. Both lag alot in towns like Kakariko when ever it rains or you fly over it. I cant justify dropping that cash for one game, for 900p and the same lag. Portable would be nice, but to be honest i work enough as is, if im not home i dont have the time to use a handheld, the wii u controller can reach my throne lol.

If the wii u version is too laggy for you, the switch version is pretty much the same while playing off a TV when it comes to performance.

I will take a look at ebay. Maybe I can get some cheap used miracle Wii U, but they are still more expensive than I thought they would be. This is probably because of Zelda. If Zelda BoTW was Switch exclusive the Wii U would probably be go for half the price ^^

Good thing for the Wii U is that it has a much better library with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade, All them marios and so on

I will take a look at ebay. Maybe I can get some cheap used miracle Wii U, but they are still more expensive than I thought they would be. This is probably because of Zelda. If Zelda BoTW was Switch exclusive the Wii U would probably be go for half the price ^^

Good thing for the Wii U is that it has a much better library with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade, All them marios and so on
    Like i said if you can handle retro n64 days, i think youll be able to enjoy this game despite the fps problem. I hate playing PC game when i cant use my 144hz. But sometimes single player consoles games, you just gotta play with 30 fps and if its good enough i put it behind me.

I do wish we had a more powerful console behind this game, because its the most entertaining open world i played in a long while. The more matured cartoony style from WW helps it a bit, as does the fact the world is 100% viewable from anywhere, including the story changes that takes place during your game. So it does feel alive. If this thing was on xbox one or ps4, my god it would be fucking glorious, but i guess you cant have everything.

I agree cheap Wii-U now is a better buy, simply due to its first party library, which took years to get there lol. Feels like the switch is gona be the same, ill get one once they have super smash switch lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-03-11 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back on fps drops. My problem will always be if Nintendo can't perfect it I have no hopes for others. As such I'll wait and see how developers port things in a year or two, if they haven't got over the weak ass hardware I'll never get one.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Back on fps drops. My problem will always be if Nintendo can't perfect it I have no hopes for others. As such I'll wait and see how developers port things in a year or two, if they haven't got over the weak ass hardware I'll never get one.
    3DS has the same issue with their more advanced games like Pokemon sun and moon. I dont think theres really gona be around this, portable devices cant run much unless you willing to pay 1k for a good enough tablet and even then, still not gona be that great. Plus realistically who else is gona make game for the switch beside nintendo and indies. I mean real games not shitty ports of older games. Just like 3ds, give us a couple good fire emblem, pokemon games, a super smash game and ill probably buy it once its $250

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You never know, Capcom got a lot better out of the 3DS with Monster Hunter than gamefreak has done with their 3D pokemon games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird. I hardly get any.

Most of my FPS drops were in the first part of the game (the Grand Plateau)

- - - Updated - - -

See, I don't get this.
    Probably playable? The fact that everyone I know, plus the major reviews have already given this game 10/10 and marked it as one of the best games they've ever played? It wouldn't be given that compliment if it was only "probably playable"

The funny thing is, the same people in this thread have only watched streams. You're being denied the actual game play experience. You will soon forget the FPS drops (which again, are exaggerated), the moment you play.

I appreciate you're 'sensitive' to FPS drops and if you're really that put off by it, I guess you're missing out on a great game.
    Not only was it not 10/10 by any stretch of the imagination, the frame drops were a constant when you weren't in a shrine. I really wish people could be critical of a game even if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You never know, Capcom got a lot better out of the 3DS with Monster Hunter than gamefreak has done with their 3D pokemon games.
    Yea game freak is pure ass at 3D, which if anyone is expecting some amazing change to Pokemon to suddenly be an AAA 3D open world like Zelda well... lol... Not until Game Freak hires about 80 more talented employees.

Even when a Pokemon game does eventually come to the Switch it will still be top down simplistic 3D models like it currently is on 3DS, just with cleaner looking models due to the res bump.