Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is artificial and you're crazy if you believe otherwise
    theyve been ramping up production to meet demand, at this rate they'll have made more switches than the wiiu sold its entire life
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theyve been ramping up production to meet demand, at this rate they'll have made more switches than the wiiu sold its entire life
    They haven't even made as many Switches yet as the Wii U sold in it's first 6 weeks on the market(as of the month of march).

The Switch is estimated at 2.5 mil sold for march, the Wii U sold 3 mil in its first 6 weeks. The switch is probably going to barely beat that number once we know what it is, and it has MORE demand then the Wii U did. The Switch could probably be at 5 mil sold in the same time span if Nintendo wasn't artificially limiting supply .

So yea, the shortage is 100% artificial. When the PS4 had a shortage Walmarts was getting them in shipments of 50, yes FIFTY. They still sold out. Walmarts are getting Switch shipments in the 5-10 range. You tell me that's not artificial, and I'ma tell you to stop blowing Nintendo smoke up my ass. The Switch is selling at a lower pace then the Xbox One did, yet the Xbox One never had a shortage period, Nintendo wants to make it seem like there is a bigger demand for the system then there actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is artificial and you're crazy if you believe otherwise
    Agreed. At this point, Nintendo has a proven track record of doing so.

im not saying it wasnt artificial at first but i think at this point they simply cant keep up
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they sold more in Japan than the ps4 just shows that if Nintendo is artificially creating demand by limiting supply, then so wasn't Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The fact that they sold more in Japan than the ps4 just shows that if Nintendo is artificially creating demand by limiting supply, then so wasn't Sony.
    No because Sony was just not meeting demand because it was unexpected.

Nintendo is limiting stock on purpose. There is a difference in the two, also Sony had system's in stock within a couple weeks.

Also this is a Nintendo Switch thread not a Nintendo/Sony thread so what Sony did doesn't matter.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The PS4 did not launch in Japan at the same time as the west.

It had no Japanese appeal, so the launch was delayed to feb. It was never supply constrained in Japan, the launch was MONTHS after the western launch. I mean, please try to understand what you're talking about before saying whatever pops off the top of your head.

Sony sold more PS4s in the US in a single day then Nintendo sold Switches in the entire month of March. You tell me which is the artificial shortage...

i think nintendo had the initial stock low because they didnt wanna risk a failure like the wiiu so that if it didnt do well it would still be profitable for them by not overproducing, then it launched and they didnt anticipate the hype and have been trying to catch up since then

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think nintendo had the initial stock low because they didnt wanna risk a failure like the wiiu so that if it didnt do well it would still be profitable for them by not overproducing, then it launched and they didnt anticipate the hype and have been trying to catch up since then
    More like Nintendo covered their ass so it would seem like a success no matter what happened. Let's be honest there could be infinite less demand for the Switch right now then their appears to be, but we don't know what demand is actually like because stores are only getting weak ass shipments of 5-10 every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    More like Nintendo covered their ass so it would seem like a success no matter what happened. Let's be honest there could be infinite less demand for the Switch right now then their appears to be, but we don't know what demand is actually like because stores are only getting weak ass shipments of 5-10 every few weeks.
    You can simply look at the overall sales figures rather than individual stores:

Nintendo has sold 2.4 million Switch units worldwide. PS4, as a comparison, sold 2.1 million in roughly the same time frame (by Christmas of that year PS4 sored to about 4million thanks to the holiday).

Just to put into perspective that the demand is there, and the thing is selling like hotcakes...at least on par with the other consoles during their launches.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No because Sony was just not meeting demand because it was unexpected.

Nintendo is limiting stock on purpose. There is a difference in the two, also Sony had system's in stock within a couple weeks.

Also this is a Nintendo Switch thread not a Nintendo/Sony thread so what Sony did doesn't matter.
    Theres a chart for months, and they sold literally under 10k units a week for ever. So the ps3 sells 80m units and when it doesn't have stock its okay, but when the WIIU sells 13m in 5 years its not okay for them to be caught off guard?

- - - Updated - - -

The PS4 did not launch in Japan at the same time as the west.

It had no Japanese appeal, so the launch was delayed to feb. It was never supply constrained in Japan, the launch was MONTHS after the western launch. I mean, please try to understand what you're talking about before saying whatever pops off the top of your head.

Sony sold more PS4s in the US in a single day then Nintendo sold Switches in the entire month of March. You tell me which is the artificial shortage...
    The WiiU sold terribly. Dont hold both companies to different standards.

It's more indicative of handheld dominance in the market in Japan. Home consoles don't sell anywhere near as well.

Yeah the Japanese live Busy lives Handheld devices just wind up doing better because of that, even though the Vita is dead in the west it's still apparently doing okay in Japan. Honestly the whole Hybrid console was a brilliant idea on Nintendo's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Nintendo has sold 2.4 million Switch units worldwide. PS4, as a comparison, sold 2.1 million in roughly the same time frame (by Christmas of that year PS4 sored to about 4million thanks to the holiday).
    The PS4 sold 2.1 million on it's launch days.

Yes, 48 hours combined kiddo. It sold 1.1 mil in the NA on launch day. A week later it sold 1 mil in EU on launch day.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Yea lets just keep acting like the holiday season was the only reason the PS4 sold well, you know cause those $400 PS4s where on deep discount holiday prices By feb, the PS4 was already at 7 mil sold. Somehow they managed to sell another 3 mil in Jan after those "zomg holiday" sales. LUL

You couldn't find a PS4 in stock until late Jan in NA, and even later then that for EU. All while it was selling at a much higher pace then the Switch. IDK what kind of MS bs you're trying to spin here but it's not gonna work.

Last checked this isn't the Sony thread and its done been explained countless times how Sony's sells and Nintendo's Sells is very different.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Last checked this isn't the Sony thread and its done been explained countless times how Sony's sells and Nintendo's Sells is very different.
    Last I checked you're not a mod, but that's just while we're double checking things.

Comparing console sales to console sales is perfectly valid.

Last I checked you're not a mod, but that's just while we're double checking things.
    Last checked, I don't give any fuck's what you think or say nore was my reply at you. Funny enough I agree with ur post above mine.

\
    So yea, the shortage is 100% artificial. When the PS4 had a shortage Walmarts was getting them in shipments of 50, yes FIFTY. They still sold out. Walmarts are getting Switch shipments in the 5-10 range. You tell me that's not artificial, and I'ma tell you to stop blowing Nintendo smoke up my ass. The Switch is selling at a lower pace then the Xbox One did, yet the Xbox One never had a shortage period, Nintendo wants to make it seem like there is a bigger demand for the system then there actually is.
    I like to know what Walmart was getting PS4 shipments of 50. We didn't even get that many for launch let alone the low number for black friday that year and the only shipment in December.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2017-04-21 at 09:33 PM.

The PS4 sold 2.1 million on it's launch days.

Yes, 48 hours combined kiddo. It sold 1.1 mil in the NA on launch day. A week later it sold 1 mil in EU on launch day.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Yea lets just keep acting like the holiday season was the only reason the PS4 sold well, you know cause those $400 PS4s where on deep discount holiday prices By feb, the PS4 was already at 7 mil sold. Somehow they managed to sell another 3 mil in Jan after those "zomg holiday" sales. LUL

You couldn't find a PS4 in stock until late Jan in NA, and even later then that for EU. All while it was selling at a much higher pace then the Switch. IDK what kind of MS bs you're trying to spin here but it's not gonna work.
    PS4 launched Nov 14th, 2013. It sold 2.1 million units Worldwide by December 1, 2013.

That is far longer than 48 hours, unless your clock is running extremely slowly compared to the rest of the world. And holiday seasons always increase saled even with no special discounts because people are buying them for their kids/friends/family members for the holiday. Don't even try to act like that is not a huge factor in sales spiking. It happens to just about every console...ever...that has launched in that window.

So yeah...in basically the same window of time (give or take only a few days) the Switch has sold roughly the same amount (2.4 million Worldwide) as the PS4 did.

Source is Sony themselves: http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/rele...3/131203b.html
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Hey folks, let's keep discussion squarely on the Switch. This isn't the PS4 thread.