Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    PS4 launched Nov 14th, 2013. It sold 2.1 million units Worldwide by December 1, 2013.

That is far longer than 48 hours, unless your clock is running extremely slowly compared to the rest of the world. And holiday seasons always increase saled even with no special discounts because people are buying them for their kids/friends/family members for the holiday. Don't even try to act like that is not a huge factor in sales spiking. It happens to just about every console...ever...that has launched in that window.

So yeah...in basically the same window of time (give or take only a few days) the Switch has sold roughly the same amount (2.4 million Worldwide) as the PS4 did.

Source is Sony themselves: http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/rele...3/131203b.html
    The PS4 launched in NA on Nov 15th.

The PS4 launched in EU on Nov 29th.

The PS4 didn't launch in Japan until Feb 22nd.

So was the point you're trying to make Sony sold 2.1 mil systems being on the market for 2 weeks in one region and a few days in another while the Switch managed to sell barely more then that being on the market WW for a month?

Those "2.1 mil" sales are literally the sell outs in both western launches smart guy. You might have not been around in 2013 but no one was buying PS4s on black friday, they where long gone and new shipments didn't come until december.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    I like to know what Walmart was getting PS4 shipments of 50. We didn't even get that many for launch let alone the low number for black friday that year and the only shipment in December.
    From dec-jan PS4s where being stocked and sold out every damn week. There is a reason it sold 7 mil consoles in a mere 4 months on the market. There was stock, and it was selling. The switch will be lucky to break 7 mil this holiday long after launch and even that is sort of optimistic.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-21 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    From dec-jan PS4s where being stocked and sold out every damn week. There is a reason it sold 7 mil consoles in a mere 4 months on the market. There was stock, and it was selling. The switch will be lucky to break 7 mil this holiday long after launch and even that is sort of optimistic.
    I can easily see it selling nearly 6-7million by the end of the year (Well 365 days after launch, so a year from March 3), assuming they are able to increase production.

The demand is there, you claim it isn't but it is. The fact that so many people are willing to complain about availability is a testament to that....they wouldn't be complaining if they didn't actually want one.

For comparison: The Wii sold 10.9m after one year and is still currently the highest selling console.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switch is likely going to sell close to 5m units by June 3rd. Its half way there in 1 month. If it can sell at half that pace until June it will hit that. Thats not bad. Im betting on 8-10m by December 31st and 11-12m by March 2018. Thats incredibly good.

- - - Updated - - -

I can easily see it selling nearly 6-7million by the end of the year (Well 365 days after launch, so a year from March 3), assuming they are able to increase production.

The demand is there, you claim it isn't but it is. The fact that so many people are willing to complain about availability is a testament to that....they wouldn't be complaining if they didn't actually want one.

For comparison: The Wii sold 10.9m after one year and is still currently the highest selling console.
    I see it selling 6-7m before the holiday season. You guys can laugh at me if you want. This thing isnt going to sell Wii numbers overall, but its going to blow past 3ds sales by the end of year 5. Especially if they do a Switch mini. PsVita sized switch with nintendos 1st party games plus all the other good Switch games. Its going to at least blow up in Japan, and I think it will do as well as the 3ds or better in the west. A switch mini for 150-200 will sell like hotcakes.

Man, only 7 million by the end of the year in Techs mind huh?

Im calling that the Nintendo will announce the switch at 3M+ on April 27th, and them Mario Kart 8, Arms, and Spla2n will easily have it at 5-7 million by July. Then Xenoblade, Mario, Octopath, will have it definitely hit 10 million by the end of 2017. And if Pokemon/Monster hunter comes in 2018 it will likely break 15-20 million
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account

Umm where do you get your info from? The Playstation 2 is still the highest selling console and has over 50 million consoles sold on the Wii. Hell, the original Playstation outsold the Wii.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Umm where do you get your info from? The Playstation 2 is still the highest selling console and has over 50 million consoles sold on the Wii. Hell, the original Playstation outsold the Wii.
    The og DS outsold the Wii as well i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    That was highest selling for one year. Not overall.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The og DS outsold the Wii as well i believe.
    Tru, but I was just referring to home consoles.

Ah gotcha.

LOL what.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...ound-5-million

PS4 broke 10 mil in 9 months. So you're trying to claim it didn't sell more then 900k consoles in those remaining 3 months? 1 of them being November(where we know the PS4 sold over 1 mil in NA ALONE according to NPD)

- - - Updated - - -

Except for the part where it's not.

LOL what.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...ound-5-million

PS4 broke 10 mil in 9 months. So you're trying to claim it didn't sell more then 900k consoles in those remaining 3 months? 1 of them being November(where we know the PS4 sold over 1 mil in NA ALONE according to NPD)

- - - Updated - - -

Except for the part where it's not.

I stand corrected...

The 10.9 number I used was only for the Americas. Worldwide the Wii sold over 20million in it's first year (by December 31, 2007).

So the Wii had double the worldwide sales than the PS4 did after one year.

Source Nintendos own reports (much more legit than some random website): https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/20...24e.pdf#page=8

And if you can't be assed to read it:

The life to date for the Wii is:

Americas - 8,850,000
    Japan - 4,990,000
    Others - 6,300,000
    ----------------------
    Total: 20,130,000 units sold by the Dec 31, 2007 (so a year and a month. Even if you take away that month or add an extra to PS4s yearly...it still blows PS4 out of the water).
    Last edited by Keile; 2017-04-22 at 03:24 AM.

I stand corrected...

The 10.9 number I used was only for the Americas. Worldwide the Wii sold over 20million in it's first year (by December 31, 2007).

So the Wii had double the worldwide sales than the PS4 did after one year.

Source Nintendos own reports (much more legit than some random website): https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/20...24e.pdf#page=8
    The Wii did have the top WW sales for the year, the problem is you're posting numbers out of your ass that you don't even know. All I'm doing is pointing out the fallacy of your claims.

As for double? What are you smoking? The PS4 was over 15 mil after 1 year. Or do you think there is only 9 months in a year now? You're still posting bullshit numbers after being called on them?

I think I'll just ignore you from now on. Not even worth discussing with someone who just tries to pull numbers out their ass. FFS the own thing you linked shows Nintendo saying they sold 8.8 mil Wiis in americas in year 1 yet you're claiming your 10.9 number came from that? No, it came from your own imagination.

Please post on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-22 at 06:28 AM.

The Wii did have the top WW sales for the year, the problem is you're posting numbers out of your ass that you don't even know. All I'm doing is pointing out the fallacy of your claims.

As for double? What are you smoking? The PS4 was over 15 mil after 1 year. Or do you think there is only 9 months in a year now? You're still posting bullshit numbers after being called on them?

I think I'll just ignore you from now on. Not even worth discussing with someone who just tries to pull numbers out their ass.
    Numbers out of my ass...I just posted you their official documentation on units sold. Not some random website from around the web like you have been.

No more like you just got outclassed, and linking random websites that have 0 credibility is failing you. Learn to look at your sources and use credible ones in the future, hmm?

Please post on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-22 at 06:28 AM.

To take the talk a bit off numbers...

Had a blast playing snipperclips with my daughter, but we only did the 2 player mode. We didn't poke around 4 player stuff much, but if there isn't a 2v2 game where 2 teams fight to match a shape first, that is a colossal missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    To take the talk a bit off numbers...

Had a blast playing snipperclips with my daughter, but we only did the 2 player mode. We didn't poke around 4 player stuff much, but if there isn't a 2v2 game where 2 teams fight to match a shape first, that is a colossal missed opportunity.
    I think Snipperclips is one of those games that noone expected to be as good/fun as it is, so it came to a shock to many that the little game about pieces of paper was one of the best launch titles on the system. I seriously enjoy the hell out of it, and I REALLY hope they add more content to it in the future (maybe even custom levels with sharing of them) along with, as you said, a 2v2 mode.

I think Snipperclips is one of those games that noone expected to be as good/fun as it is, so it came to a shock to many that the little game about pieces of paper was one of the best launch titles on the system. I seriously enjoy the hell out of it, and I REALLY hope they add more content to it in the future (maybe even custom levels with sharing of them) along with, as you said, a 2v2 mode.
    Exactly that... for a game about pieces of paper to be one of the best launch titles on the system, says absolutely everything about the launch of this system and is the exact reason why I am waiting out to even consider..

Face it, if there was enough REAL games other than just zelda at launch, you wouldnt of even bothered downloading the game about a piece of paper

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Exactly that... for a game about pieces of paper to be one of the best launch titles on the system, says absolutely everything about the launch of this system and is the exact reason why I am waiting out to even consider..

Face it, if there was enough REAL games other than just zelda at launch, you wouldnt of even bothered downloading the game about a piece of paper
    It would have been a shame if less people bought the game. It is actually a very solid/fun multiplayer title. Though I wouldn't recommend playing it solo, despite it supporting that.

And odds are I would have, since I knew beforehand that the game was actually pretty good (a lot of the people who went to the Switch showcase before the launch tried it out and spoke about how it was shockingly fun).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to consider a gamestop bundle. One comes with mario Kart 8, zelda, and a 128gb sd card for 499. I could probably save 30-50 on amazon, but im getting desperate.

Damn thing isn't even going to sell 7M units. its never on store shelves. Its almost to the point where I think local stores aren't even putting them out lol. i know Nintendo is being stingy with the shipping but come on. I don't need a switch, i WANT a switch. and will happily wait till i can get one locally @ 299 or less, then spend 500 on a bundle of shit, or spend 388 on amazon for the console alone.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    Damn thing isn't even going to sell 7M units. its never on store shelves. Its almost to the point where I think local stores aren't even putting them out lol. i know Nintendo is being stingy with the shipping but come on. I don't need a switch, i WANT a switch. and will happily wait till i can get one locally @ 299 or less, then spend 500 on a bundle of shit, or spend 388 on amazon for the console alone.
    Toysrus and bestbuy are restocking on the 28th, go nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post

Real games, Shovel Knight and Shovel knight Spector, Fast RMX, I am Setsuna, Bomberman, Skylanders, Breath of the wild

If that's not enough to last someone a minimum of a fucking month then they have serious issues they need to get fixed.

I also love how you take the extremely dickish approach to gaming "real games" what a ridiculous statement, I didn't buy Snipperclips, but it is very much a "real" game.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.