I was hoping for a mainline pokemon game, not for me, I don't like them, but for my friends on the fence for the Switch.

I was not expecting one, Just because Capcom is doing it, doesn't mean Gamefreak will, two entirely different companies.

Pokken was a fun game, and it is getting new things, definitely a day one buy for me.

This also means I get at least one major Switch game a month from here on out.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokken is disappointing, but is it big news? Does it really matter?

- - - Updated - - -

I dont like Fighting games, so Smash, Pokken, and Arms all seem meh and are not day one purchases. If they ever go on sale half off ill pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Pokken is disappointing, but is it big news? Does it really matter?
    Nope, game has been in Korean and Japanese arcades forever and is not that popular. Wii U version launched in a starved software period for the system and it sold worse then pretty much every semi major release on the system let alone the major ones.

It was at Evo last year and had the least amount of entrants.

It's just not a great game, it's watered down Tekken with a limited cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I think this entire years lineup is good enough to keep switches off the shelf without Pokemon. Who knows about next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they should launch it at 39.99 instead of 60. I would potentially get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    This also means I get at least one major Switch game a month from here on out.
    And that's what this system needs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Maybe they should launch it at 39.99 instead of 60. I would potentially get it.
    Content wise, it, MK8D and ARMS all should have been $39.99.

But Nintendo heard Angryjoe in the corner... fuck you give me money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario Kart was well worth it to me, but thats a personal opinion I guess.

Mario Kart was well worth it to me, but thats a personal opinion I guess.
    No, it's really not.

It was a 3 year old game that already sold 8 million fucking copies and a bare bones port with very minor additions. No way in hell any other company but Nintendo gets away with charging full price for something like that. Bethesda literally got shit on for doing a very similar situation with the Skyrim remaster, but people tend to forget when Nintendo is just taking money because they can.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-07 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, it's really not.

It was a 3 year old game that already sold 8 million fucking copies and a bare bones port with very minor additions. No way in hell any other company but Nintendo gets away with charging full price for something like that. Bethesda literally got shit on for doing a very similar situation with the Skyrim remaster, but people tend to forget when Nintendo is just taking money because they can.
    Yeah, fuck his "Personal opinion"

Arms seems more than worth the asking price...
    MK8D should have been 40, no argument there.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's really not.

I didn't play Mario Kart 8. To ME it was worth it. I see your point, but I hold no ill feelings. I'm not even a Nintendo shill. I barely played many Nintendo games until the Switch. Maybe when I was 10 but, imo the Wii was garbage, and with the poor sales of the WiiU I never had enough confidence to pick it up. I have believed in the idea of the Switch since day 1. I honestly think that the Switch will sell more lifetime units than a ps4 level powered traditional home console would. We will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why cant the new pokermanz be on the Switch?

Time to reset the goddam world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could the vita/wiiU level artist be for Pokken port?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, game has been in Korean and Japanese arcades forever and is not that popular. Wii U version launched in a starved software period for the system and it sold worse then pretty much every semi major release on the system let alone the major ones.

It was at Evo last year and had the least amount of entrants.

It's just not a great game, it's watered down Tekken with a limited cast.
    Tech you're scaring me because we are agreeing again.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Why cant the new pokermanz be on the Switch?

Time to reset the goddam world.
    i really dont understand why every 3ds game that doesnt heavily use the touchscreen released post switch isnt getting a switch port. sun and moon actively removed a shit ton of touch screen functionality from previous games theres no reason why it wouldnt work on the switch.

makes no sense.

atleast with gen 5 you could still play them on your 3ds, now if i wanna play ultra sun and ultra moon i gotta take my 3ds to work and leave my switch at home. i havent even turned on my 3ds since i got my switch

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure gamefreak didnt make pokken

- - - Updated - - -

nor would they have been hiring for it and it releasing like in a couple months. anything they were hiring for is atleast a year out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i really dont understand why every 3ds game that doesnt heavily use the touchscreen released post switch isnt getting a switch port. sun and moon actively removed a shit ton of touch screen functionality from previous games theres no reason why it wouldnt work on the switch.

makes no sense.

atleast with gen 5 you could still play them on your 3ds, now if i wanna play ultra sun and ultra moon i gotta take my 3ds to work and leave my switch at home. i havent even turned on my 3ds since i got my switch

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure gamefreak didnt make pokken

- - - Updated - - -

nor would they have been hiring for it and it releasing like in a couple months. anything they were hiring for is atleast a year out
    Its ridiculous to have two hand helds on the market like this. (even if one is a hybrid) The Switch needs the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk. Was thinking maybe they might have ported Pokken to get experience in working with higher res assets/techniques. Was just a thought.

Idk. Was thinking maybe they might have ported Pokken to get experience in working with higher res assets/techniques. Was just a thought.
    Pff no, they ported it because it's a easy way to make money. It's freaking pokemon...the basic game itself hasn't changed since red and blue and it's still a huge cash cow.

Pokemon is one of those games that people will always buy, kind of like how Rockstar released GTA for the PS3/Xbox360 and a little bit later for the PS4/Xone semi forcing hardcore addicts to buy the game twice
    or Minecraft, if I read some stories you have people buying the same freaking game across a handfull of platforms

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I read some stories you have people buying the same freaking game across a handfull of platforms
    I bought Overwatch on PC, XBox and PS4. It happens. When friends are spread across platforms you either bite the bullet or you don't play with them.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I bought Overwatch on PC, XBox and PS4. It happens. When friends are spread across platforms you either bite the bullet or you don't play with them.
    I have minecraft on my laptop and Xbox. Mostly because I play with my friends on Xbox.

GameFreak never handles the spin-offs, only the main games.

Bandai Namco handled Pokken