Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you mean the console design itself yes. However the system was announced on Feb 20th and shown with Knack, Killzone and Infamous among 3rd party games, the DS4 was also unveiled here.

They didn't reveal everything about the system, but gave enough to hook people to tune into e3 that year. That's good strategy IMO. If Nintendo where to go into e3 with no hardware announced and announce NX, I would wager they have significantly less eye balls on them then if they announced it before hand.
    Agreed. This why I fully expect a reveal during the next 3 months, with E3 focused on upcoming games and more on launch titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Thing is those are the only games worth playing on thier system, smash,mario cart, splatoon. Maby mario maker but thats it.
    Always stating your opinion as fact.

Bayonetta 2
    Xenoblade X
    Yoshi's Wooly World
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
    Wonderful 101
    Super Mario 3D World

All shit games as decided by the overlord Zeta333

Always stating your opinion as fact.

Bayonetta 2
    Xenoblade X
    Yoshi's Wooly World
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
    Wonderful 101
    Super Mario 3D World

All shit games as decided by the overlord Zeta333
    In addition:

Pikmin 3
    Hyrule Warriors
    NEW Super Mario Bros. U
    NEW Super Luigi U

Deleted
    metal gear, fifa, bloodborne and destiny maybe.. literally all i can think of which is "worth" playing on my ps4.

ive actually given it to my brother for at least 6 months.. finally getting it back for the division next month and thats if i like the open beta! its pretty easy coming up with these lists which only apply to yourself but thats life.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 would like a word with you. They are as big if not bigger in hype factor than Fallout 4, but didn't need a 15 minute presentaion to hype it up.

And don't forget, Nintendo has also done it with Splatoon. They only showed off a small trailer at E3 2014, but made sure to have demo stations and it practically had a monopoly on the Treehouse Live to show it off.

And let's not forget the Global Testfire Demos leading up to the game's release.

I am comparing apples to oranges with these games (a racer, platform fighter, and third person shooter against a rpg). How much of Fallout 4's presentaion was spent on talking about the gameplay changes or on the opening scene?
    Of course, I forgot that a racing game and a trivial fighting game have the kinds of creative depth that the Legend of Zelda has (or Fallout 4 for that matter), or most other adventure and RPG games. How silly of me....

I mean, that whole 3 minute clip covering "hey gaiz, we made not one, not two, but two and a half Fire Emblem games!" was not enough to let me decide whether I wanted to actually buy it. I mean, I want them to actually cover it and go through different aspects of the game, rather than just showing me short trailers and clips of the games, which shouldn't be too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    trivial fighting game
    Funny that trivial fighting game seems to earn a few players 6 figure incomes. Since it has no depth clearly anyone can do it right? Why no go be a pro Smash player then bro?

This statement is so asinine it's borderline insane. Zelda and Fallout are great series, and 2 of my all time favorite video game series but they are as shallow as the bank of a pond compared to Smash when it comes to gameplay depth.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Well, thats what Sony did with PS4. First announcement were at E3 the same year.
    Nintendo doesn't believe in doing E3 shows the way everyone else does. They are like the goth kids of the gaming industry, they don't want to conform to what is normal. I bet they'd get more people watching if they did it like other studios have been doing and actually having a big presentation at E3 rather than a pre recorded video that they just stream online.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Direct format, but I do believe that they should have an in person big conference at E3 this year. Being in the crowd is hype and seeing the crowd get hype on a stream also gets you excited. Something this important needs a traditional conference.

But lol at Smash being a trivial fighting game.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I like the Direct format, but I do believe that they should have an in person big conference at E3 this year. Being in the crowd is hype and seeing the crowd get hype on a stream also gets you excited. Something this important needs a traditional conference.

But lol at Smash being a trivial fighting game.
    Look, I stopped caring about games like Super Smash Bros when Brawl came out, maybe I am just tired of a game like that because like everything else, games like that are so much better locally and most people just want to play online instead. We still play it on the Wii U when me and my friends get together for parties, but otherwise, playing the game at home by yourself with people on the Internet is boring. And well, the 3DS version is pants because the controls are limited.

Either way, Nintendo needs to whip their dicks out at E3 if they want to build up major hype for the NX, and it needs to have a launch lineup that will rival other systems for the holidays.

Deleted
    LOL hype. im sorry but the last two years for console gaming in general has been appalling.. scattered with one or two big games. nintendo just needs to have a good e3 and the hype will be astounding. nintendo should just hire the marketing team behind deadpool... then just pray its not called wii u 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wasn't it the PS4 that they started teasing early by giving like, extremely close shots of it at different angles, and then at E3 they actually showed the entire thing?

Or am I just imagining that.
    Ok, I totally missed that. I myself and all my friends and everyone I knew first heard about it at E3.

- - - Updated - - -

If you mean the console design itself yes. However the system was announced on Feb 20th and shown with Knack, Killzone and Infamous among 3rd party games, the DS4 was also unveiled here.

They didn't reveal everything about the system, but gave enough to hook people to tune into e3 that year. That's good strategy IMO. If Nintendo where to go into e3 with no hardware announced and announce NX, I would wager they have significantly less eye balls on them then if they announced it before hand.
    I dont really agree. Pretty much EVERYONE know they are working on NX. People will tune in to see what it will be without knowing what it is. Atleast thats what I get from ALL the forums and youtube and everywhere ppl talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    I dont really agree. Pretty much EVERYONE know they are working on NX. People will tune in to see what it will be without knowing what it is. Atleast thats what I get from ALL the forums and youtube and everywhere ppl talk about it.
    Everyone knows? Lets see the evidence to backup your claims. People who browse video game forums and keep up to date with all the news are far from "everyone" in fact, it's a minority.

Ok, I totally missed that. I myself and all my friends and everyone I knew first heard about it at E3.
    Man, the lulz. Apparently everyone knows about the NX, but you didn't even know about the PS4 until e3, which was 4 months after it's official announcement.

http://pokejungle.net/2016/02/14/pok...-to-attend-e3/

It's a couple of days old, but Pokemon creator, Junichi Masuda, is heading to E3. More than likely something.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's going to announce that the next Pokemon games are going to be on NX and I'm gonna have to drop some cash on it. It's a curse really. Pokemon is the only game that will make me buy a console against my better judgement.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    He's going to announce that the next Pokemon games are going to be on NX and I'm gonna have to drop some cash on it. It's a curse really. Pokemon is the only game that will make me buy a console against my better judgement.
    Well they are making Pokken Tournament, but that's coming to WiiU. That being said, Pokemon is their go to handheld game. I doubt they'd just change that up. As far as I can tell the 3DS is likely their most successful product in a long time. Don't know if sales can back that up, but Nintendo culture and exposure seems to suggest that.

I mean this Pokemon event starting with Mew has been insane. Mew plushies gone from Gamestop the same morning they arrive, stores running out of codes, etc. Part of that is scumbag scalpers, but the interest is legitimate. It is Mew though, so idk.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well they are making Pokken Tournament, but that's coming to WiiU. That being said, Pokemon is their go to handheld game. I doubt they'd just change that up. As far as I can tell the 3DS is likely their most successful product in a long time. Don't know if sales can back that up, but Nintendo culture and exposure seems to suggest that.

I mean this Pokemon event starting with Mew has been insane. Mew plushies gone from Gamestop the same morning they arrive, stores running out of codes, etc. Part of that is scumbag scalpers, but the interest is legitimate. It is Mew though, so idk.
    That post was mostly a joke about how much of a Pokemon fanboy I am. But in all seriousness if the rumors are true that the NX has two parts, the handheld and the console with the handheld coming out this year, then a Pokemon game would be one of the best ways to drive early sales. I'm not sure what Nintendo thinks of the 3DS but it has done pretty well. It's almost at 60 million sales, but even at that number it is the worst selling handheld they've made. Although I think that's mostly due to smart phones.

But yeah, they are doing a great job with the 20th Anniversary. The event giveaways are great. I think no matter what platform it appears on, we're going to see the next main series Pokemon game. Whether it's Z or Gen 7.

There are 5 possible things coming from GameFreak/TPC/Creatures this year at E3.

• Detective Pikachu localization
    • Pokken Tournament NX
    • Third version/sequel to gen 6 for 3DS
    • Gen 7 for NX
    • Pokemon Go

Pokemon Company is going to Pokemon Company.

The thing about them is they tell Nintendo what's going to happen, not the other way around.

Not only will a Gen 6 3rd version be on 3DS, Gen 7 will 100% be on 3DS. You think otherwise? Gen 5 says hi. Pokemon Company is not going to release a new gen as launch window titles and ignore the 60 million 3DS install base. They are like a 3rd party in that regard and there isn't shit Nintendo can do about it, because while they own a stake they do not control the Pokemon IP.

Deleted
    Everyone knows? Lets see the evidence to backup your claims. People who browse video game forums and keep up to date with all the news are far from "everyone" in fact, it's a minority.

Man, the lulz. Apparently everyone knows about the NX, but you didn't even know about the PS4 until e3, which was 4 months after it's official announcement.
    But if you want Nintendo to "leak" or give information about their new console, it will be on gaming sites where these people you say dont watch. Why would it matter then in the end? You logic is weird.

And regarding the PS4 & E3 thing. I watched a stream of it with like 5k people and NO ONE knew about the PS4. Now I seriously dont know anyone that DOESNT know about NX, but hey. Nintendo should leak information ½ a year before E3 on TV so the super casuals will know.

Pokemon Company is going to Pokemon Company.

The thing about them is they tell Nintendo what's going to happen, not the other way around.

Not only will a Gen 6 3rd version be on 3DS, Gen 7 will 100% be on 3DS. You think otherwise? Gen 5 says hi. Pokemon Company is not going to release a new gen as launch window titles and ignore the 60 million 3DS install base. They are like a 3rd party in that regard and there isn't shit Nintendo can do about it, because while they own a stake they do not control the Pokemon IP.
    nintendo can tell gamefreak what to do.

in fact gen 5 is the perfect example.

gamefreak was going to make pokemon grey and nintendo told them they werent allowed to, they gave them two options, either put grey on the 3ds or if they werent going to support the new hardware they had to do something different to make up for the fact that they were releasing it on the ds

thats the entire reason we got black and white 2 instead of grey

if nintendo really wanted to they could tell gamefreak to put their new game on the nx
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552