Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's still not somethign that would easily trun on Switch.
    and everyone said the same thing about skyrim and doom and look how that turned out. It's not impossible but like anything it would require work, something capcom doesn't want to do because they think it's not worth it, hell they thought the switch would fail. Instead they'll probably just localize XX and call it a day.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    and everyone said the same thing about skyrim and doom and look how that turned out. It's not impossible but like anything it would require work, something capcom doesn't want to do because they think it's not worth it, hell they thought the switch would fail. Instead they'll probably just localize XX and call it a day.
    i think you mean wolfenstein.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah, Sony need to focus on what they've done this time. A decent home console with exclusives, let Nintendo have their market.
    Nintendo likewise don't need to worry about the ps5 being 4k etc, it's not done them any harm being a mediocre home console comparatively.
    Nintendo has never focused on big, flashy graphics. They always try to make games that are just fun to play or some some uniqueness to them. I think they have continued that tradition with the switch.

I have the PC, PS4 and switch. I play PC most then switch then PS4. A lot of those flashy PS4 titles just don't have the fun gameplay (or gameplay unique enough not to get repetitive) to keep me engaged for long. Plus they tend to be very short, so you run through them quickly.

I agree that is probably best for both companies to just stay in their lane and do what they do best.

I recently got a switch myself and boy does each game have many hours you can sink into it vs the PS4..

I am almost tempted to retire my PS4.. I mean I loved horizon zero and a few other titles but the amount
    Of game play you get is minimum compared to Nintendo switch games.

I’m addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Nintendo has never focused on big, flashy graphics. They always try to make games that are just fun to play or some some uniqueness to them. I think they have continued that tradition with the switch.

I have the PC, PS4 and switch. I play PC most then switch then PS4. A lot of those flashy PS4 titles just don't have the fun gameplay (or gameplay unique enough not to get repetitive) to keep me engaged for long. Plus they tend to be very short, so you run through them quickly.

I agree that is probably best for both companies to just stay in their lane and do what they do best.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    lol if MHW pushed the limits of the xbox and ps4 then they did a lazy job at it.
    It's hardly pushing the limits of those systems, yea it doesn't have a stable framerate on the base versions but that mostly comes down to over the top lighting effects and insane detail in monster textures. Outside of those 2 areas it looks like a last gen game in most aspects.

Graphically it's nothing that special, and could easily be downgraded. A hypothetical switch version would have the world looking more dull and flat without the advanced lighting and the monsters would look far closer to XX then MHW but it would still work otherwise.

The real reason it's not on the Switch is Capcom was working on the game for a long ass time, long before they had Switch dev kits. I expect a downgraded version of it in the future for the Switch. Might be 2 years, and the upgraded version but it will happen.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-16 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I recently got a switch myself and boy does each game have many hours you can sink into it vs the PS4..

I am almost tempted to retire my PS4.. I mean I loved horizon zero and a few other titles but the amount
    Of game play you get is minimum compared to Nintendo switch games.

I’m addicted.
    Yeah, Nintendo knows how to create games with solid game play. Not only that, but a lot of the stuff other companies have done has been a direct steal off of something Nintendo invented.

For example- Nintendo created the "rumble" in your joystick with the "rumble pack" for N64 joysticks. Now all the companies use it.

I am certain that the Wii tech will be the starting point as VR expands. Nintendo is always looking for that unique concept and they usually do a good job of finding one. That's why they have such a loyal fanbase and the the Switch basically immediately sold out.

For example- Nintendo created the "rumble" in your joystick with the "rumble pack" for N64 joysticks. Now all the companies use it.
    Nintendo did not create force feedback, we're talking a feature that dates back to the late 80s(all the way back to the 70s if we start counting arcade games).

The N64 rumble pack was just the first popular addon for it.

And yea, Nintendo kind of did focus on big flashy graphics from SNES thru Gamecube. DKC in particular costed A LOT of money to make because Nintendo wanted a game that "looked like cgi". Shit like Mario 64 and Luigi's Mansion where also mind blowing for launch games.

Nintendo also go out of the graphics race because MS and Sony where willing to lose $100s on hardware sales and they weren't. Ironically enough, Sony and MS also got out of the business of doing that with the PS4 and XBONE, where as if they kept their same logic from the previous gen the systems would have been closer in power to the PS4 Pro from the jump, but now everyone profits on hardware sales.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-16 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

this is only true to an extent from the Wii forward.

Has some fps dips at times as well but only in really effect demanding scenes.

Also running 720p/60fps in both docked and portable just like Bayonetta 2.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    MHW looks pretty damn good, I've no idea how people think it looks last gen.

MHW looks pretty damn good, I've no idea how people think it looks last gen.
    It does, the monsters look great and the lighting looks great.

Outside of that it has, low density foliage, low res textures making up the world, the character models are pretty much straight out of last gen. The game is literally only 15 GB because everything outside of some armor and the main monsters is low res as fuck.

It's the teams first time doing a main console game in a long time so they get a pass for that, the monsters are the most important part and they certainly do look current gen. The world itself is just nothing special at all graphically, but is carried by a strong art style. Downgrade the monsters, lighting and a few of the armor sets and it's easily running on last gen, or Switch in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It does, the monsters look great and the lighting looks great.

Outside of that it has, low density foliage, low res textures making up the world, the character models are pretty much straight out of last gen. The game is literally only 15 GB because everything outside of some armor and the main monsters is low res as fuck.

It's the teams first time doing a main console game in a long time so they get a pass for that, the monsters are the most important part and they certainly do look current gen. The world itself is just nothing special at all graphically, but is carried by a strong art style. Downgrade the monsters, lighting and a few of the armor sets and it's easily running on last gen, or Switch in this case.
    Possibly, I just haven't focused on those things that much, I've always been amazed by the amount of stuff going on in each world that I haven't paid attention to the finer details.

Theres definitely scope for a downgrade for switch.

Possibly, I just haven't focused on those things that much, I've always been amazed by the amount of stuff going on in each world that I haven't paid attention to the finer details.

Theres definitely scope for a downgrade for switch.
    One thing they would likely have to do and would help The Switch is cut up the zones into a couple loading screens. It would be annoying for those coming from MHW current gen to Switch but much better than nothing.

Hell if they released MHW for Switch tomorrow I would buy it and the PC version this fall. (Only own ps4)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

PC is the best platform for multiplatform games. Sony has secured some great IPs and games as PS4 exclusives to drive their sales so owning a PS4 is decent choice. And Nintendo has the strongest mobile gaming platform with absolute stellar games so all three of them have good reason to exist in any gamers home.

Xbox is pretty useless tho :P

Smash Bros. Easter Egg in the Switch port of Bayonetta 2.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/...64683100651520

Been hearing some people speculate/wish Rodin might end up being a second Platinum spot on the roster, but I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Doctre81, the guy who found the LinkedIn info for the Bandai Namco/Metroid Prime 4 connection, has seemingly found more LinkedIn evidence suggessting Metroid Prime 4 will have some sort of online functionallity.

The info is the Senior Online Programmer for BN Singapore was moved to the main Bandai Namco offices to help with some projects.

PC is the best platform for multiplatform games. P
    That isn't even close to being true. From a sells and population standpoint Multiplatform titles do better on Console the vast majority of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Doctre81, the guy who found the LinkedIn info for the Bandai Namco/Metroid Prime 4 connection, has seemingly found more LinkedIn evidence suggessting Metroid Prime 4 will have some sort of online functionallity.
    Not surprising really, Nintendo needs some Multiplayer games if they plan to sell the online behind a membership. Splatoon and Arm's isn't going to be enough selling points to get people to pay for the online.

Deleted
    Bayo 1 looks beautiful in docked mode. Playing it on normal, and it is hard. You actually have to pay attention and think what you do, learn your combos and patterns from enemies, not just button smashing. Tempted to restart in easy mode :-). The Bayonetta Amiibo's unlock all costumes, haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. Glad I got them for 13 bucks each, they are now super expensive or out of stock anywhere.

Game runs solid without any stutters, fps drops etc in handheld mode. Using the touchscreen for input is surprisingly accurate.

The cover is reversible, really love it. Looks like I'll be double-dipping on Wii U Ports, damn . This one really was worth it.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...05732019945472

This could have been avoided if you actually printed a physical copy of B1 outside of the expensive and rare LE in Japan only ya cheap fucks. How much did it really cost you to port 2 old games with only performance increases(literally brute forced mind you from the Switch hardware advantage, as they where unlocked framerates to begin with) that you had to cheap out and put one as a digital code? I could accept that if it was a budget price and not $60. Glad to see some karma still exists in the world.

I would have bought the games again if both came on carts, people who buy physical games actually want physical games. If we wanted a download code we could already buy the damn game from the eshop.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-17 at 09:12 AM.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...05732019945472

This could have been avoided if you actually printed a physical copy of B1 outside of the expensive and rare LE in Japan only ya cheap fucks. How much did it really cost you to port 2 old games with only performance increases(literally brute forced mind you from the Switch hardware advantage, as they where unlocked framerates to begin with) that you had to cheap out and put one as a digital code? I could accept that if it was a budget price and not $60. Glad to see some karma still exists in the world.

I would have bought the games again if both came on carts, people who buy physical games actually want physical games. If we wanted a download code we could already buy the damn game from the eshop.
    Totally agree, Since I never got around to playing my Wii-U copy's before I sold them I grabbed this. Happy my code worked but ya its annoying as hell that Bayonetta 1 is a code.

Mite grab a cheap PS3 physical copy at some point just so I got a physical copy.

InB4 Bayonetta 3 requires a big ass download even physical so it doesn't really matter if u get it digital or physical.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    this is only true to an extent from the Wii forward.
    It was the same debate when they dropped the N64. They went with a cartridge based system when Sega was using CD's. Everyone complained the N64 wouldn't be able to have the same level of graphics with that system. Nintendo still went with it.

So, even back then, graphics were not their main focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo did not create force feedback, we're talking a feature that dates back to the late 80s(all the way back to the 70s if we start counting arcade games).

The N64 rumble pack was just the first popular addon for it.

And yea, Nintendo kind of did focus on big flashy graphics from SNES thru Gamecube. DKC in particular costed A LOT of money to make because Nintendo wanted a game that "looked like cgi". Shit like Mario 64 and Luigi's Mansion where also mind blowing for launch games.

Nintendo also go out of the graphics race because MS and Sony where willing to lose $100s on hardware sales and they weren't. Ironically enough, Sony and MS also got out of the business of doing that with the PS4 and XBONE, where as if they kept their same logic from the previous gen the systems would have been closer in power to the PS4 Pro from the jump, but now everyone profits on hardware sales.
    I didn't say they invented the whole thing, I am pretty sure they were the first console to put it in a joystick like that.

- - - Updated - - -

PC is the best platform for multiplatform games. Sony has secured some great IPs and games as PS4 exclusives to drive their sales so owning a PS4 is decent choice. And Nintendo has the strongest mobile gaming platform with absolute stellar games so all three of them have good reason to exist in any gamers home.

Xbox is pretty useless tho :P
    Yeah, I still can't figure out what XBox's angle is besides: we're microsoft, so..... Seems like a money grab really.