Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You need to add up the sales on every version of OoT buddy. BotW has a ways to go.
    No you don't because no business does that. Each version is a different item number. The Sells of OoT 3DS do not count for the sells of OoT N64 because they are different games (item scews) and the same apply's to the Gamecube version.

Majora's Mask 3DS sells did not increase the sells of Majora's Mask N64 they are two different games.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 08:50 PM.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Octopath special edition is 100 bucks damn

That's a lot for a pop up book and cd... especially for a new ip
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No you don't because no business does that. Each version is a different item number. The Sells of OoT 3DS do not count for the sells of OoT N64 because they are different games (item scews) and the same apply's to the Gamecube version.

Majora's Mask 3DS sells did not increase the sells of Majora's Mask N64 they are two different games.
    https://www.zeldadungeon.net/zelda-s...rs-in-context/

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Time to steal my brother's Switch, I mean borrow *cough*.
    And yet Sega are still adamant as hell about not releasing an official Western version.

I'd seriously give up every other MMO I play for a Western port. Yes even FF14 which I play like mad.

True, but BotW hasn't had a chance to have releases really. It will sell more than Ocarina on the 64 this year. Talk to me in 20 years and BotW probably is above 15 or 20m.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    True, but BotW hasn't had a chance to have releases really. It will sell more than Ocarina on the 64 this year. Talk to me in 20 years and BotW probably is above 15 or 20m.
    Possibly. I’m not going to stress over it either way.

Ok and? That site is lumping in the sells of the different versions together and even proves what I said correct. Did you not scroll down or did you only see the first chart where they lumped the sells together?

The highest sold Zelda is OoT on the N64 at 7.6mil and BOTW (Switch) will pass that up within the next year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And yet Sega are still adamant as hell about not releasing an official Western version.

I'd seriously give up every other MMO I play for a Western port. Yes even FF14 which I play like mad.
    I would love to have a MMO I can play on my Switch
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 09:26 PM.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The highest sold Zelda is OoT on the N64 at 7.6mil and BOTW (Switch) will pass that up within the next year or two.
    The highest sold Zelda is TP...

If you're gonna take out the GC sales of TP then BoTW is also losing over a million sales from the Wii U version. Not like those where remasters, just a case of games being cross gen and multiplatform.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The highest sold Zelda is TP...

If you're gonna take out the GC sales of TP then BoTW is also losing over a million sales from the Wii U version. Not like those where remasters, just a case of games being cross gen and multiplatform.
    Based on VG chartz ( so yes numbers are not 100%) the order is. https://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda
    1) OoT N64 with 7.6mil
    2) Twlight Princess Wii with 7.18mil
    3) The legend of Zelda NES with 6.51mil
    4) Breath of the Wild with 6.31mil

So I was never counting the Wii-U sells of BoTW, With that said you are correct in that counting the GC sells of TP it outsells the N64 OoT and so would Breath of the Wild if you count its Wii-U sells.

But for individual platform sells that is the order (based on Vgchartz).

Based on VG chartz ( so yes numbers are not 100%) the order is. https://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=zelda
    1) OoT N64 with 7.6mil
    2) Twlight Princess Wii with 7.18mil
    3) The legend of Zelda NES with 6.51mil
    4) Breath of the Wild with 6.31mil

So I was never counting the Wii-U sells of BoTW, With that said you are correct in that counting the GC sells of TP it outsells the N64 OoT and so would Breath of the Wild if you count its Wii-U sells.

But for individual platform sells that is the order (based on Vgchartz).
    What's the source for VGChartz numbers on BoTW? VGChartz themselves?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf Nintendo literally themselves reports 6.7 mil sold for BoTW on Switch. That is 3 months old at that.

Just another reason why VGChartz should never be used for anything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What's the source for VGChartz numbers on BoTW? VGChartz themselves?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf Nintendo literally themselves reports 6.7 mil sold for BoTW on Switch. That is 3 months old at that.

Just another reason why VGChartz should never be used for anything ever.
    Valid point and like I said ther numbers are 100%, So there is a 900k difference between Nintendo and them. My guess is they combined the Wii-U and Switch sells but no clue. I have no clue how they pulled those numbers.

My original point still stands tho and its that just because OoT released on the 3DS that doesn't add to the sells of the N64 game like Vegas82 was implying it did.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 10:06 PM.

I still think it's funny with how highly regarded the series is, it still doesn't sell all _that_ much

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still think it's funny with how highly regarded the series is, it still doesn't sell all _that_ much
    What series?

What series?
    Densetsu no zeruda, my boy

Need to reverse those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Need to reverse those two.
    Shhhh i just got off work and realized that. In my total unique cuteness, im keeping it as it. ;3

Ok and? That site is lumping in the sells of the different versions together and even proves what I said correct. Did you not scroll down or did you only see the first chart where they lumped the sells together?

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to have a MMO I can play on my Switch
    Right on a single system, but like many games(see anything not exclusive) unless the game is majorly changed for a release they lump them all together.

- - - Updated - - -

Valid point and like I said ther numbers are 100%, So there is a 900k difference between Nintendo and them. My guess is they combined the Wii-U and Switch sells but no clue. I have no clue how they pulled those numbers.

My original point still stands tho and its that just because OoT released on the 3DS that doesn't add to the sells of the N64 game like Vegas82 was implying it did.
    I linked you an article where it was the first thing they listed. They then proceeded to break it down for single platform, but that is the incorrect way of looking at these things. Ocarina of Time is the same game regardless of platform. Saying it sold (insert number of copies) would mean you include all copies lf it that have sold. Unless you further specify per system.

So u consider a game series that sells millions of copies isn't much? Or was you being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ocarina of Time is the same game regardless of platform.
    Actually no it isn't in regards to OoT. There is huge changes between the 3DS version and the N64 version. That is why the 3DS version is a remaster, Same for Majora's Mask.

There is also a huge difference between the Gamecube version and N64 version and that's the Master Quest part. So no the three versions are not the same game and once again no company complies them that way ether.

That's why the sells of Shadow of the colossus is three different scews because its three different games even more so the PS4 version.

Breath of the Wild on Wii-U and Switch is the same game thought and thought just like Twilight Princess, OoT and OoT 3DS is very different games. Even more so if you compare Majora's Mask to its 3DS remake that changed a huge amount of the game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 11:34 PM.

So u consider a game series that sells millions of copies isn't much? Or was you being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually no it isn't in regards to OoT. There is huge changes between the 3DS version and the N64 version. That is why the 3DS version is a remaster, Same for Majora's Mask.

There is also a huge difference between the Gamecube version and N64 version and that's the Master Quest part. So no the three versions are not the same game and once again no company complies them that way ether.

That's why the sells of Shadow of the colossus is three different scews because its three different games even more so the PS4 version.

Breath of the Wild on Wii-U and Switch is the same game thought and thought just like Twilight Princess, OoT and OoT 3DS is very different games. Even more so if you compare Majora's Mask to its 3DS remake that changed a huge amount of the game.
    Well, go into any gaming circle and everybody seems to love zelda, but, just looking at your vgchartz example, skyward sword had like a 3% attach rate. That is pretty bad.

Well, go into any gaming circle and everybody seems to love zelda, but, just looking at your vgchartz example, skyward sword had like a 3% attach rate. That is pretty bad.
    3% attach rate on a system that sold over 100 million units. Breath of the Wild is sitting at a nearly 50% on The Switch (at release was 110%).

Those are normal numbers for any game series on any platform(Besides the 110% that was insane).

It sells extremely well, Don't really get how anyone can say different.