Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well, go into any gaming circle and everybody seems to love zelda, but, just looking at your vgchartz example, skyward sword had like a 3% attach rate. That is pretty bad.
    zelda has always been more of the nerdy side of gaming.

hardcore gamers love it, so among gamers its huge. breath of the wild is really the first zelda game to hugely break into mainstream audiences.

breath of the wild is essentially the skyrim of this generation of gamers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not for nintendo, I don't think. I know the're more for core gamers, but it's hard to go anywhere without somebody mentioning it. You'd think they'd sell more than 7mil.
    theres not all that many series that arent multiplatform that can pull those numbers irregardless of how well known they are
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Skyward Sword was released in the twilight years of the Wii, after the Wii U had already been announced.

It was also released in the same month Dark Souls and Skyrim came out. How many core gamers passed on digging out their Wiis in favor of just playing the other 2?

Zelda is a big franchise to core gamers, it's not like Mario or Pokemon which transcends to the casuals though.
    Skyward Sword also had a TERRIBLE control scheme. While admittedly it was (slightly) better than Wii Twilight Princess, it was still hideously bad. The casual gamers saw how bad Twilight Princess was on the Wii and skipped the next one (Twilight Princess was a great game, but only on the Gamecube and Wii U). It's a great game, but it's a great game in spite of its awful borderline unplayable controls. The motion control fad was hideous, and I'm glad it's over with. The only part that seems to be sticking around is gyroscopic aiming (which is optional in every game I've played it in). The Wii remote only actually worked as a pointing device. Which made it a replacement for the light gun (since light guns only work on CRT's). Shoehoring an entire generation of games into what amounted to a light gun control scheme was bad.

I would LOVE to see an HD remaster of Skyward Sword with real controls. BOTW's controls would work great in it. All they'd have to do is change a few puzzles. I love BOTW's controls and combat, by far the best Zelda has ever been. The game has its flaws (very poor performance/framerate, story presentation issues, and the repetitiveness of shrines and korok seeds), but controls are not one of them.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-03-11 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I'm sure it wasn't intended but there is some irony in this post.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

There is an entirely new generation of gamers every 5 years? Da fuq?

Both are far too close together to be comparing them like Skyrim got big with 90s kids or some shit.

Even if you wanted to change the statement to gaming generations and not people, Witcher 3 is far closer to being current gens Skyrim then BoTW is.

BoTW when it's said and done will probably hover around TP numbers 9 milish total. I know people want to pretend it had some massive growth or something but it's still just a core gamer thing. BoTW is on the high scale of Zelda sales but it's still in the Zelda range and it won't be selling 20+ mil lifetime like MK8D and SMO likely will. People literally buy Mario games when they buy a Nintendo system regardless of the type of gamer they are. The same can't be said for BoTW. At this point, most people who want to play BoTW probably have.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-11 at 12:56 AM.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/03/0...asnt-happened/

Netflix executive: Netflix isn't on the Switch because it isn't Nintendo's focus.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Netflix executive: Netflix isn't on the Switch because it isn't Nintendo's focus.
    oh

my

god

enough with this netflix/app crap on the switch. Things got a battery life of 3 hours just use your damn phone
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    oh

my

god

enough with this netflix/app crap on the switch. Things got a battery life of 3 hours just use your damn phone
    It has a battery life of 3 hours playing fucking BoTW...

It has a much longer battery life if it was just running a damn streaming app. Hell it gets 4.5 in freaking Xenoblade 2.

You understand not everything uses the same power right? Hell, you should understand this basic concept just by "using your phone". You should understand it if you pay your own damn electric bill.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-11 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

lol this is clearly about money.

hulu has an app but nintendo wont allow netflix? yeah right.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

People that watch streams on their phones / tablets i'll never understand.

You're gonna ruin all that effort the director put into the work just so you can watch it on a bus surrounded by randoms in a tiny ratio. Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post

You're gonna ruin all that effort the director put into the work just so you can watch it on a bus surrounded by randoms in a tiny ratio. Bleh
    People that play games on the Switch in handheld I'll never understand.

You're gonna ruing all the effort the director and artists put into the work just so you can play it while on the bus surrounded by randoms in a tiny ratio. Bleh

the fuck you want us to do? socialize? fuck that.

the fuck you want us to do? socialize? fuck that.
    You never know, The old dude staring at the school kids might have some interesting life stories to tell.

- - - Updated - - -

People that play games on the Switch in handheld I'll never understand.

You're gonna ruing all the effort the director and artists put into the work just so you can play it while on the bus surrounded by randoms in a tiny ratio. Bleh
    If its pokemon I think you'll get away with it. Isn't exactly a oil painting in the first place

If its pokemon I think you'll get away with it. Isn't exactly a oil painting in the first place
    You think that was a serious comment? I thought it was obvious it was tongue in cheek pointing out how ridiculous your statement was.

You think that was a serious comment? I thought it was obvious it was tongue in cheek pointing out how ridiculous your statement was.
    Well you're pretending a handheld with capped FPS has beautiful games on it like the work you find in TV/cinema. So I gave you an appropriate response

Well you're pretending a handheld with capped FPS has beautiful games on it like the work you find in TV/cinema. So I gave you an appropriate response
    Wonder what this "capped FPS" is and why it can't compete with the 24 FPS of cinema!

Wonder what this "capped FPS" is and why it can't compete with the 24 FPS of cinema!
    /shrug. If you wanna watch films on a screen the size of a cd case go for it.

it ruins the experience imo

/shrug. If you wanna watch films on a screen the size of a cd case go for it.

it ruins the experience imo
    If you want to do nothing with your down time go for it.

It's your time lost.

Still wondering what the "capped fps" is for Switch and how its worse then 24 fps film.

Still wondering what the "capped fps" is for Switch and how its worse then 24 fps film.
    Dont act like the 48 fps the hobbit isnt your favorite movie and would be the first movie on there.

High Overlord
    so from nier:automata to ffxv, how bullet hell is bayonetta? tried nier, it was way too much to my liking and ffxv is a bit too sleeper combat. Trying to figure out if I should give bayonetta a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    so from nier:automata to ffxv, how bullet hell is bayonetta? tried nier, it was way too much to my liking and ffxv is a bit too sleeper combat. Trying to figure out if I should give bayonetta a chance.
    Bayonetta is way faster paced combat then Nier:Automata and for good reason, the entire game is built around witch time which slows down time for perfect dodges. I assume you're talking about the speed at which games throws shit at you anyways, because I would never describe Nier:Automata as "bullet hell" outside of the flight or top down sections. If those are what you mean, you should probably still play Nier they're rare, and they're not in Bayonetta.

In other news we waited all this time for a LM port.... that looks worse then the original(well obv, 3DS is weaker then GC but in case anyone needed proof).

Why is this not on the Switch...